• Published 7th Apr 2015
  • 1,029 Views, 4 Comments

The Execution - PLMROTOK



The battle had been fought. The war had been beaten but was it all worth it. While awaiting his death, a lone human survivor thinks back to the past confrontation. Questioning his species motives and reason for the conflict. A humans thoughts.

  • ...
3
 4
 1,029

Thinking Back On History And The Future

We've won wars before, massive battles between factions and nations. Empires willing to conquer claim and capture in the name of peace and vengeance. But then we evolved, we started to resolve old issues and confront new enemies which were worth fighting. We invented new ideas and created new machines, in order to sustain are selves into thinking we were secure. We were wrong, as all humans have been in past centuries.

When we first met you we laughed and boasted, but then and reconciled and turned our differences into the strongest alliance. We faced enemies together, shared resources, exchanged gifts and secrets and even called ourself equals. It was a year of peace and prosperity that could have led us into a new generation, but we never changed. Our old rivals and enemies were still the same, and are strategy and tactics were no different. We stole. We killed. We bribed. We assassinated, in order to make us be at the top of the food chain. It cost us, and we left ourselves open to an attack on four fronts, leading to the collapse of everything we worked for in that past graceful year.

The lines were drawn, kicking off a turn of events that would start a war, too costly for either side to back down. You had friendship, we had packs. You had magic, we had technology. You had the home advantage, we had the foreign incentive. You had the numbers, we had the military. You had the elements of harmony, and we had the weaponry.

What was our main objective you ask us, to be honest we don't know till this very day. Maybe it was for resources or maybe for fun, maybe it was for your wealth or power, continually polishing our prestige. We tried hard, we fought hard, but we still lost. When we were fighting four nations at once, there's bound to be a tipping point. Either we ran out of men and machines, or we had just about had enough. We were tried, sick to the core, are soldiers called out to rest, but the commanders pushed on. On and on, to the bitter end, and here I am, the last of my race.

To you I'm a monster, a creature that needs to be extinguished, but to me I'm just a man, who took pride in the actions that we as a race took part in. We fought. We lost. We surrendered. We went on trial. We were guilty. We were executed. But we did not leave without a mark, for your once luxurious nation has now become a more hostile one than ever before, and there will come a day that you too will understand why it is we did what we did.

You ask me, do I regret anything as you spit in my face. My answer is and was always the same, as it has been since the first contact. A straight forward no, backed up with no emotions. Making its response sound as hallow, as the rest of the war was. In my mind it would have be a disservice to reply with a yes, knowing all the human lives lost during that last battle. But for you, yes would had been acceptable, respectable, and forgiveable.

Present day:


Location: Unknown.
Status: MIA: Prisoner.
Radar: Offline.
Heath: Deteriorating: Slow paste.
Source of Heath Problem: Lack of blood. Food and Water.
Situation: Awaiting Execution.
Chance of Reinforcements: 0%
Chance of Extraction: 0%
Chance of Survival: 0%
Time Till Death: Unknown: Estimate: 1 Day: 22 Hours: 16 Minutes: 43 Seconds: If conditions do not change.


Now I sit here, for the past two days I've sat here, waiting for my eternal rest. I just want it over with, not because I'm scared of death. But as if I was a boy, waiting for an ice cream cone at the back of the line, it's torture and I just want it to end. I couldn't speak, I couldn't see. My eyes had been blinded and cover by and cloth, and my mouth had been tied up with a thick towel, to make it harder for me to do any sort of function. To breath. To speak, stuff that I did in my daily life without a care, were all now rationed, as they had become scarce resources that I couldn't waste or spend. I didn't care any more about my conclusion, I had stopped caring every since the capture. But I cant help but fell honoured of being the last human alive, even though for most it would be there most haunting nightmare, and even as I sit here physically in the worst state a human can endure. Mentally I'm still standing, still resisting the temptation of giving in, of surrendering, of letting any information out, and I will do so until the bitter end. But good thoughts and moral can only go so far, for my own mental state was also slowing deteriorating, just like my continued loss of heath and life.

Suddenly I heard a noise coming for the far depths of the cave, I put all my thoughts in the back of my head and tighten my grip ready for whatever awaited me. I froze and began to breath regularly, releasing and consuming the limited supply of air left in the cell. My ears peaked as I head the trotting of hoof steps come closer. "Pony." I stated to myself, as the hoof steps became louder by the second, then silence. The pony who was most likely in front of me didn't say a word, nor displayed any physically action, there was nothing, just silence. Then Instantly, a magic aura griped the not of the towel covering my mouth. "Unicorn." I stated, trying to determine my current situation. I felt the familiarity of a magic aura warp around me, as I was suddenly was lifted up and continued to fall straight down, to a new harder surface. "Teleported." I stated again, ignoring the pain and temporary tooth ache. The air had changed as I began to breathe rapidly, in more heavily gulps, the walls and floor felt like polished steel. "Bunker." I stated as a frantically looked around, only to remind myself that my slight had been blocked.

"Come on!... Just get it over with!..." I screamed, as the pain started to take its affect. The fall had broken my already weakened limbs, and in mere seconds I was already crawling. Suddenly I was lifted again into the air, but this time I only hovered in place, in a fixed position with my legs and arms both lowered, as if I was a toy figure. My body continued to ached and reeked in pain, the stench was unbearable. "Come on-" I screamed again, only to be cut off by the excruciating pain of a horn, pricing straight through my stomach. I screamed even louder, as loud as I could, the pain was unseen, incomprehensible. I couldn't move at all, the magical aura grip was to tight, all I could do was die as quick as possible so that the pain would stop, it was too much for any human or creature to endure, and I was no exception.

The horn was much longer than any other unicorns horn as it retraced back from the insides of my stomach, blood bellowed out as I began to lose conciseness. "Alicorn." I whispered, as my breath began to slow down.

"Where did you put it!" The Alicorn screamed, I didn't respond. My body lacked the energy to preform any sort of function expect thinking. All I could do now was wait for the fate that awaited me, the fate I knew would happen, the fate I wanted. "I'm nearly dead just a few more seconds." I thought.

"WHERE HAS THOU PLACED THY OBJECT HUMAN!" The now second assumed alicorn bellowed. "Two." I stated as my eyes began to close.

During my final moments, I thought about all the achievements humans had done, all the creations, inventions, architecture. The bravery... The curiosity... But as my last breath drew to a close, I smiled knowing that they will never find the one thing humans have created. Which will protect and help millions, but can do the opposite all the same. And then there was silence, as the last human passed away, as I passed away.

The war was over. But we haven't lost. We never have.


Mission objective: complete.


Author's Note:

Well here it goes, hope you all like it.
Quite hard to write or type for that matter, but I hope for all of us it was worth it.
Please leave a comment it would be much appreciated, and I hope to speak to all of you soon!
Have a good day, and thanks for reading!:pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 4 )

nice story, now i am intrigued to know what is the object?.

5833115 so am I, fellow reader... So am I

Yeah what is the object? a nuke?

I wouldn't necessarily say it would be a nuke; but yet my head hurts from thinking of the various items that it could be. General Kotor! Y U Man Did So Dificalt!!!!!!!

Login or register to comment