• Published 6th Apr 2015
  • 10,057 Views, 507 Comments

Ponyville Police Department - Omega6047



Policeman and his dog are trying to survive in pony society.

  • ...
72
 507
 10,057

11. Talk With The Princess

[In author’s note is the link to the file where I have prepared the chronological order of episodes which this fanfic will follow. remamber that it is made based on PONY CALENDAR SYSTEM, which will be mentioned in this fic later on]


--Chapter 11--
Talk With The Princess

After Revan left the bathroom, he and pissed off nurse Red Heart walked back to his room. Luna was awake again and Mischief seemed to be on the line between sleep and waking up. Red (as Revan began calling her), had put the bandages on him, starting with the one on his leg. He technically could do that one on his own without any problems, but nurse was already angry. No point in tempting the fate. He thought.

When Red Heart left the room, Revan and Luna began to talk. At first it was only Revan trying to find a subject for conversation, while Luna just gave him quick and short answers. However, as the time went on, she became more comfortable with talking to him. Eventually she explained him the full story behind Nightmare Moon.

Beginning from the fight she and her sister, Celestia waged against the most powerful dark magic user known to pony history - Sombra. Apparently the guy was able to place part of his soul in Luna, before he was banished. Revan asked her why wasn’t he killed, based on the list of his sins he had certainly deserved that (list includes but is not limited to: slavery, torture, mass murder, multiple rapes, black magic practice, experimenting on ponies and numerous war crimes).

According to Luna, Sombra was simply past the point where his soul could be destroyed, and he survived physical death multiple times, always getting back up after sustaining damages that would kill a full grown dragon; even after having his head blown off or being burn to crisp he was back after few minutes, more angry then hurt. The best they could manage was separating his soul from body and sealing it inside of the Dritian Cristal; which is normally used to imprison high level demons.

Since then, the crystal that holds Sombra lies hidden, deep under the grounds of Frozen North. After the battle was over 3027 years ago, the piece of Sombra’s soul grew stronger within Luna, using every bit of her anger to strengthen itself. Eventually, it began to mix with Luna’s personality, thus creating Nightmare Moon. Luna managed to keep herself under control for next 2000 years, but all along she was becoming more and more aggressive.

Her behavior wasn’t unnoticed by ponies of that era, and quickly they began to focus their attention more on her sister, fueling her anger further and giving her new object to hate. At some point Luna snapped and Nightmare used the opportunity to take control over the body. Before Luna could even react, she was sealed within depths of her own mind.

Nightmare tried to kill her sister, and after failing, was banished to the moon. Revan knew the rest of the story. He was after all part of the whole ordeal. The human had also told Luna more about his own life though compared to lunar princess they were rather uneventful, mostly about how much he visited hospitals. In past two years alone he was waking up in hospital bed with serious injuries 6 times and roughly once a month someone had to bring him to the hospital with some kind of wounds.

At one point, he had fell from second floor and broke his right leg. The night he was brought to the hospital, he decided that it would be a good idea to go lunatic around the hallways and jump out of the window, which resulted in breaking the other leg, but even that wasn’t enough to stop him. He kept crawling forward, until he was noticed by the security and brought back to the hospital. [true story, my friend did something like that]

After that stunt, his friends began calling him, Obi-Wan Kenobi (or Obi Sam Se Robi – Polish joke, ignore it). Luna obviously didn’t know why they decided to call him like that, but after Revan’s brief explanation, she understood.

Talking about it, made him wonder about his currant injuries. According to Fluttershy, he was unconscious for 4 days and he asked Twilight to give him full list of his injuries. The list wasn’t the longest he had ever had, but 4 days was not even close to how much time it would take him to heal enough to be able to jump around the hospital, and with a broken jaw he should be unable to talk. The pain was still there but it was bearable.

He decided to ask Red Heart about it, whenever he’d have a chance.

And he was given one when she entered the room about an hour after she had finished with the bandages. Using her mouth, she was holding a tray with pills, two hot herbal teas and two syringes on it. She placed it on her hoof. “I see you two are getting along, good. I have brought your medicine.” She placed a teas and few pills on each of patient’s nightstands and then preceded to inject the medicine from syringes.

When she was busy with Luna, Revan decided to ask. “Hey Red.” She turned around. “Why am I healing so fast? I’ve heard about my injuries from Twilight and 4 days is definitely not enough to heal from something like that.”

“Hm, I was wondering when will you ask that. About 2 days after you were brought here, the town was visited by a Zebra that lives in the Everfree, out of all places.” ZEBRA!? “Long story short, she’s been visiting like that once a month for few years, and no one had decided to talk to her. That is, until your friends decided to take care of that, and now we all live in peace. I’ve even heard that somepony had offered her to live with him, but she refused.”

“And that helped me heal, how?”

“Zebra, is apparently a master at potion making, and Twilight asked her to see if she can help you somehow. She came over here, examined you as well as princess, and after that made few potions for both of you. Also the tea you’re drinking was brought here by her and the bandages were soaked with something that eases the pain and helps to regenerate the tissue. Oh, and she had also made a topical anesthetic for your dog’s eye.

Specifics she had prepared may have not worked as strong on you as they did on princess here, but that’s to be expected when you are immune to magic.”

“Heh, I guess I should thank her when I meet her… and ask for more of that tea, ‘cause that stuff is gooood. Though I’m not sure is the fact that I can be healed faster a good thing…”

Red looked at him oddly. “And why is that?”

“Because I already have a reputation of getting sent to hospital roughly once a month, and knowing my luck, getting healed faster will mean that I will be send here at least once every 2 weeks.”

“Um, alright, I’m going to leave now... unless you need me for something more?”

Revan wanted to say she can leave, but then noticed janitor walking through the hallway with his head lowered. He had no uniform this time so his cute mark as well as wings were visible. It wasn’t what caught Revan’s attention though. It were signs of tears around his eyes. “What’s up with him?” He pointed at the janitor.

Red turned to see what he was pointing at. “After hospital’s manager found out that he hadn’t done his job again he was fired. If you ask me, he deserved it… Doesn’t mean I don’t feel a bit sorry for him.”

Revan hadn’t expected that by fixing that box he’d get someone fired. It may have only make things faster –according to Red, he’s been doing a shity job- but still, it was through his action that he got fired. He felt torn, on one side it was clear that he’d have been fired soon even without his ‘help’ but on the other, by loosing that job his family could have lost the only source of profit.

He shook of the thought about it, there was no point in over thinking it. He didn’t do his job, and he got kicked out, nothing more nothing less. He exchanged goodbyes with Red and she left, Luna stayed silent during nurse’s visit, still feeling that she doesn’t deserve to be called a princess. They talked for a bit more, before they both began getting sleepy. Before they drifted off to the land of dreams, Revan noticed something different about her mane.

He couldn’t put a finger on it, but it seemed to be slightly longer and it seemed to be sparking a bit. He dismissed it as his tired eyes playing with him. He lied his head on the pillow and closed his eyes. He felt something hopping on the bed beside him. That something obviously being Mischief. Normally he’d have kicked him off and force to sleep in his own bed, but for the time being, there was nowhere else for him to sleep, so he allowed the dog to stay.

Slowly, three occupants of the room, dozed off to sleep. What he didn’t know, was that this night was not going to be the pleasant one.


Few hours before the dawn, Revan was woken up by the loud lightning. His eyes shoot open, but his body stayed on the bed. He tried to move, but no matter how hard he’d tried, every part of his body stayed motionless, he couldn’t even move his eyes. For a first few seconds he was panicking, but that feeling quickly turned into fright.

He heard a growl coming from his right site, he couldn’t move his eyes to see what was that, but he didn’t have to. Slowly something began to emerge from his right. At first, he saw the large muzzle, there was no fur on it, and the higher lip was torn off, giving him perfect view of bloodstained, razor-sharp fangs. The skin on the muzzle looked like whatever that thing was, had been burned alive.

The growling continued, and the rest of the creature’s head appeared. It looked like a dog. A dog that have just came out of hell. It’s entire head was deprived of fur that was replaced by multiple burn marks and still bleeding cuts. Left ear was cut off and the right eye was replaced by an empty hole that kept oozing with blood.

The creature turned its face to him, showing him his left eye, which was white and covered by a red excrescence. With every second, Revan felt more and more terrified. He was lying paralyzed on the hospital bed, with demonized dog staring and growling at him. It began slowly opening it’s jaw, revealing the second set of teeth hidden behind the first one. It’s tongue began to fell out of the mouth. It was long, and entirely covered with blood.

It started moving the tongue all over Revan’s face; covering it in mix of drool and blood. All along the storm raged outside. Between the lightning strikes, Revan heard the door opening. That brought him hope of ending that nightmare, but after he heard the door closing nothing happened. The dog that stood on top of him hid it’s tongue back into its mouth, but kept the jaw open. It stared at him with a dead look.

Revan could hear crying coming from the left side of the room. Before he could think about it, without warning, the dog lowered it’s open jaws onto his stomach. The fangs cut deep inside, and when the dog decided his fangs were deep enough, it closed its jaw and with a quick move ripped off big chunk of meat; eating it immediately. He didn’t feel pain, but he could feel his body being ripped off piece by piece.

As the dog kept eating his insides, the storm outside stopped, and the first rays of sunlight filled the room.

He slightly calmed down when the dog finally disappeared. His body was still paralyzed though. The moment of calm hadn’t last long, soon the other figure appeared. It was slightly bigger than the dog but like him, it’s skin was completely burned and covered in blood. It’s stared at him from above with its dark purple eyes. On its forehead he saw a horn broken in half.

Soon the other figure appeared at the side of the first one. It was much larger, It’s entire body was pitch black and the skin was barely covering it’s ribs. On its throat was a large hole that came down to its chest, where he could see a still beating heart. As the first one it looked at him with her eyes – which were pure red. There was also a large horn on top of its head.

They both stared at him and in one moment released a ear pricing screams. They kept it up for a moment, until the smaller one brought it’s face to his and smashed the broken horn into his forehead, making a hole in it. The larger one, lifted one of its hooves, showing a knife that was impaling it. In a blink of an eye, the knife impaled his chest and began moving down to his stomach; or what was left of it. The smaller one pushed remains of its horn into Revan’s throat and cut it open.

In that moment everything began to fade. Not into a darkness though. The holes in his stomach, chest and head disappeared and everything seemed to be getting brighter. He slowly began to regain control over his body, first being able to move his eyes and soon after that his fingers. He looked at the creatures at his side, only to see the known form of Twilight and the other pony he didn’t recognized.

They were talking about something but he could barely recognize their voices. He could feel the cold sweat covering his body, and the moment he regained the full control over his body he quickly sat up on the bed and began panting loudly, startling Twilight and her companion. Twilight was the first to recover. “Revan! What happened to you!? When we came here you were just lying on the bed with opened eyes, not reacting to anything!”

Revan waited with an answer until he got control over his breathing. “Ever… heard about…” He took few big breaths to calm himself down. “Ever heard about ‘Sleep Paralysis’?”

“No.”

“It happens when your mind wakes up but your body is still in a state of deep sleep. It doesn’t happen often but when it does, it usually makes you hallucinate about things, and because you’re unable to move, all you can do is wait and keep up with anything your imagination throws at you.”

“From your reaction I guess you weren’t hallucinating about anything nice?” She asks with concern in her voice.

“About being eaten alive… and being ripped to pieces by demonic versions of you and your friend...” He wiped off some sweat from his forehead. Suddenly he felt something hoping on the bed beside him and pair of hooves wrapped around his neck. I didn’t take him long to realize that it was Twilight hugging him. Not thinking much about it, he hugged back.

For few moments no one spoke, until Twilight decided to shift a bit. “Twilight… you’re standing on by balls… again.”

Automatically, she jumped out of the bed with face as red as tomato and began apologizing him. The pony that came here with Twilight began to laugh. *LAUGH*”Oh my, Twilight! I never would have thought you can be so forward!” She continued to laugh; Revan joined in. Twilight tried to hide her red face behind her mane, but failed horribly.

Revan looked at the laughing pony. She was much higher than the other ponies he had met so far, at least not counting Nightmare Moon; she was only slightly lower than he was, is not counting the horn. Her coat was pure white and mane resembled that of Nightmare Moon, the difference being the fact that instead of imitating the night sky, it looked like a ethereal rainbow. Her cute mark was an image of sun.

He waited until her laughter calmed down a bit. “Alright, now that we’re done with embarrassing Twilight over here, can I ask who’s that Sunbutt in front of me?”

“Ooo, Sunbutt you say? It’s certainly been a while since someone called me like that. You like it?” She turned around and wiggled her hips.

“Mhm, though I’m not sure did they meant the fact that you have a sun imprinted on your butt, or that your ass is as large as the sun. Seriously girl, put some limits on that cake will you?” ‘Sunbutt’ laughed at that. Meanwhile Twilight’s embarrassment disappeared immediately after hearing that.

“Revan! Don’t talk to her like that!”

“Why? She seems to like it.” He said, causing ‘Sunbutt’ to laugh more.

“Because this ‘Sunbutt’, is princess Celestia… you know, that pony who can effortlessly move star around, and the one that has brought you here when you were bleeding out…”

“Calm down Twi, from what you have told me she’s been ruling for few thousand years, and I doubt that she has a lot of time to just be herself.”

“’Twi’? You two are already on pet-names!? That’s so cute!” Celestia cut in and gave another laugh. “But let’s take care of other things I’m here for.”

“Which is?”

“First of all, I wanted to visit my sister, which is already taken care of.” She pointed at Luna, who’s been sleeping on her bed. She had a happy grin on her face and a signs of tears around her eyes. There was also something else that caught Revan’s attention. “And since that is ta-“

“What’s up with her mane?” Instead of the cute short mane she had before, the top of her head was now covered by a dark nebula, similar to the one Nightmare Moon had.

Celestia looked at her sister. “I don’t see anything wrong with it.”

Revan wanted to speak up, but Twilight spoke first. “ Maybe I should explain that.” She cleared her throat.“After we used the Elements of Harmony against Nightmare Moon, it turned out that Nightmare was connected with Luna’s magic reserves, and thus to remove her entirely, Elements had to reset princes Luna’s inner magic. That caused her mane to go back to its natural state and disallowed any use of magic for a time being as well as disabled her natural regeneration abilities. If I’m right, except having her old mane back, she should also grow a bit bigger in coming days.”

“Alright, let’s go with that.” Said Revan. “Now Sunbutt, what were you about to say.” He earned a stare from Twilight.

He expected Celestia to smile at that, but instead her face took a serious appearance. ”I am here to talk with you about sending you home.” Revan was not a master at reading expressions, but it was obvious she didn’t have good news.

He took a deep breath. “Get to the point.”

“After investigating the circumstances of your arrival, I’m sorry to say that I have not found a way to safely send you back.”

The room went silent for some time, Revan’s mind was focused on the family and friends he’d probably never see again. His mother, grandparents, his little cousin… the thought of them all brought a tear to his eyes. “How exactly, did I get here?” He asked, breaking the silence.

“When Nightmare Moon escaped her prison, she used the short moment when the barrier that separates our dimension from others was weaker than usual, using that moment to break out of our world. Now, imagine an endless sea, with billions upon billions of small balls on the surface. Each of those balls represents a dimension, and each of them is protected by the barrier like the one around our world.

Those balls sometimes collide with each other, and so do dimensions. The moment when Nightmare broke a out, was the moment when our two dimensions collided. Because of that our worlds are now connected, and slowly are going to become one.”

Twilight decided to cut in. “What is going to happen then?” She asked a bit worried.

“Our dimension is going to re-appear within Revan’s dimension. Because our world is one of smallest within Nexus- containing only one planet and it’s moon, while sun is a large ball of magic that will disappear if not maintained- and Revan’s one of largest, we are pretty much being sucked in.

I don’t know how long it will take for that process to complete, but until that happens other portals like the one Revan got here might appear on both sides, within range of about 50 000 Km from the place where the first portals appeared. They can be redirected to appear somewhere else, but there is no way to tell when or where they will show up.”

“With all respect princess, but… how the hay do you know all this!?”

Celestia laughed lightly before answering to her student’s question. “I could say that I have gained that knowledge through ancient rituals and surviving the hardest tests one could imagine, but in truth it was part of my and Luna’s ascension to alicorns. As are our occasional visions.” The room went back to silence.

“So… what will I do now? Since I don’t have a way to come back, unless that ‘fusion of dimensions’ will happen when I’m still alive, I’m pretty much forced to stay here and start anew.”

“I have already prepared all papers you’ll have to fill if you wish to become citizen of Equestria. Also, I’d like you to join Guard Force. From what I’ve heard about your encounter with Nightmare Moon, I think you could certainly become one.”

“The only reason, why I lasted as long as I did, was because I had a knife, if it wasn’t for that, this fight would be over before it even began for good.”

“The fact that you managed to hold her off with ONLY a knife is the impressive one. You weren’t fighting against some common tug, what you did, was fighting with insane black mage alicorn, with enough power to break a stallion in half with a simple Magic Blast, or crush a skull of an adult stallion with one strike. Both me and Luna are strong fighters –we certainly had enough time to practice- and Luna was always better with using her hoof in combat.

Most Guards would have been pressed into the ground by her in less than 10 seconds, even if they were armed in our best weapons, while you have lasted 3 minutes with a simple knife, and managed to place few hits. Besides, I know from Twilight that you were a guard –or ‘policeman’ as you called it- in your world.”

“Alright, I accept. But is there anything I’d need to know?”

“You will have to came to Canterlot and pass few exams, the only one I think you may have problems with would be the knowledge about Equestrian law; though I thing Twilight can help you with that.”

“Actually, princess, before I have left yesterday, he had asked me to bring him a few books from the library, including ones about our law system.” Twilight said and pointed at her saddlebag.

“Well, than I guess that won’t be a problem. After you will officially become a Guard you will be stationed in Ponyville as a lead guard. The current one is way past the age of service, something I’ve found out recently. This town was always a calm one, so one guard was always enough around here. But now this town is a home of Element bearers, and thus I’m going to assign another guard to help you around.”

“Alright, I think I can do that.” He said. “To kiedy chcesz żebym stawił sie w Canterlocie?((So when do you want me to go to Canterlot?))”

Celestia looked at him surprised, but then smiled. “Testy odbędą się w przszłym miesiącu, Iskierka Zmierzchu otrzyma ode mnie list z dokładnym terminem.((Exams will take place in about one month, Twilight Sparkle will get a letter from me with the exact date.))”

Mirroring Celestia’s reaction, Revan looked at her surprised, but smile slowly began to appear on his face. “Zajebiście, a teraz powiedz mi, mamy coś jeszcze do obgadania, czy będziesz już zwijać tą swoją Słoneczną-dupę?((Great, now tell me, is there anything else we need to talk about, or are you going to get your Sunbutt out of here?))

“Myślę iż pozwolę swojej rzyci odpocząć, już dawno nie otrzymała takiej uwagi jak dziśaj.((I think I’ll let my butt rest for a bit, It’s been a while since it receaved such a dose of attention as it did today.))” With that said, she turned to leave.

“Ta, no to ja idę się wysrać.(Alright, then I’ll go to the toilet.))” He left the room right after Celestia, of course he was covered in his makeshift toga.

“…”

“What…?” Was all Twilight had to say.

Author's Note:

Here's the promised Time Line. I said this before, but remember that, THIS IS NOT HUMAN CALENDAR. Thank you for attention.


Song of a day: Hollywood Undead - Undead