• Published 6th Apr 2015
  • 10,057 Views, 507 Comments

Ponyville Police Department - Omega6047



Policeman and his dog are trying to survive in pony society.

  • ...
72
 507
 10,057

31. Helping the Apple

--Chapter 31--
Helping The Apple

“Damn it… The hell are we supposed to do with her now?” Revan said, burying his face in his hands as he sat down on couch in Twilight’s library. Twilight’s owl - Owlicious, was sitting on his back in strangely comforting manner while Mischief looked at the bird as if preparing to chase him the moment it leaves Revan’s back. Turns out Spike didn’t really get along with the new helper during the time Revan and Twilight spent in Canterlot. Twilight was for the most part oblivious to this, but Revan was perfectly aware of how the dragon looked at the owl. This was going to end bad at some point. As if Applejack working herself to death wasn’t bad enough.

“How am I supposed to know? I only know what Spike told me. Big Mac got hurt and the rest of apples are out of town so Applejack decided to do everything on her own.” Twilight replied, walking around the library with her head down, seemingly deep in thought.

“I know. But why the hell is she so stubborn that she won’t let anyone help her? I mean, I know she can be pretty stubborn about stuff, but this is just idiotic.” Owlicious ‘hoo’ed into his ear and flew away. Mischief immediately started to chase the bird around the library, though not with intent to attack, just to have some fun. The owl seemed to understand, and decided to give him something to chase. “We have to find a way to make her go and have some rest. If we won’t come up with anything, I’ll just knock her out and then we’ll do the job for her. I’d rather not do it though. Things between us are tense as it is, no need to add to the fire.”

“Agreed. I’d like to keep a friend like her.” She stopped just before Mischief run in front of her, completely unaware of anything other than an owl above him. “Eh. Now, what was it that Spike said before? She promised to do something for others, didn’t she?”

“Yeah, I think she promised to help Rainbow with some stunts, take care of Sugarcube Corner with Pinkie and Fluttershy asked her to help me make a list of all newborn rabbits while she’s gone.”

“So let’s go and see Rainbow. Cakes are still in town so she won’t be needed there for a while.” Revan was about to get up, but before he had a chance to do that, Owlicious landed on his shoulder again. Before Revan had a chance to react, the bird flew away and in its place landed Mischief. The impact made the couch fall over, but the dog didn’t bother himself with that, instead using Revan to jump into the air.

It was a close call, but Mischief gently caught Owlicious with his teeth and forced him to fall down with him. He let his new friend go as soon as he touched the ground, and the owl quickly landed on his head, which made the dog happy enough to run over to Revan to show off. The human only smiled and started to scratch the dog under his chin.

Twilight quickly run over to him. “Are you okay?” She asked, standing right above him.

He smiled again and gave her a quick kiss. “Now I am.” He got up and put the couch back in its place. “Come on, let’s-“ Suddenly they heard something from the balcony. They quickly run up the stairs, only to see Rainbow lying on the floor of the balcony, clearly in pain. Revan was first one to approach her. “What happened? You need help?” He asked.

“Ugh…” She rose her head up as she heard his voice. “Yeah, but looks like I’m not the only one…” She said, holding onto her stomach with one hoof.

“Let me guess. Applejack?” Twilight said as she approached her. Her horn already shining with magic and focusing it on easing the pain for her friend.

“Yup.” Revan helped her to get up.

“Do you know where she is now?” He asked.

“She probably went back to the farm. She’s been sitting there almost all the time ever since you guys left.” She smiled. “And speaking of it… how did it go?” She asked the two of them.

“Now bad.” Revan answered. “Starting from tomorrow I’m officially Ponyvile’s head-guard and I established two new records in physical exams. Oh, and I had a little talk with Royal Guard’s captain.” As he mentioned that, Twilight’s eyes almost immediately turned away and she got so tense it became obvious that something was up for anyone who saw it. Luckily for her Revan wasn’t looking…

“Nah, I didn’t mean that. I already knew you’re going to kick some ass up there.” She flew up to his height and bumped her hoof against his shoulder. “I meant between you two. How was it?” She flew down to Twilight as the unicorn started to blush hard.

“W-Whatever do you mean? We didn’t do a-anything…” She smiled awkwardly.

“You seriously think I haven’t noticed that bite mark?”


Rainbow stayed at the library to tease Twilight a bit more, asking questions that made Twilight blush more and more as the time passed on. Ravan didn’t step in. It was too cute to just let it stop. Unfortunately, Twilight eventually decided that waiting for Rainbow to get bored was going to take too long so she left the library and went to the farm, hoping she can talk some sense into Applejack.

After that, Rainbow tried to tease Revan, but the human is practically immune to that kind of tactics and was in fact able to turn the table on her a few times and make her blush a little in return, so she also was quick to leave. Revan wasn’t far behind. Applejack wasn’t likely to listen to reason in her current state, so the best course of action was going to be to prevent her from causing any damage until they’ll find a way to put a stop to this.

He headed towards Sugarcube Corner, where he knew she will appear soon. The Cakes were already getting ready to leave by the time he came in. “Hello.” He said to the Cakes.

“Hello, can I get you anything?” Mr. Cake said.

“Not today. You’re leaving this place in Pinkie’s hooves for today, right?”

He nodded. “Not just today. We’ll be out of town for a week because of our anniversary, so she’s in charge for the whole week. Applejack agreed to help her with that. Why are you asking?”

“Because of Applejack. She’s… well, not exactly at her best right now. You’ll know when you see her. Me and Twilight are looking for a way to put her back in shape, but until we come up with something that doesn’t involve beating her unconscious and forcing to get some rest, I want to make sure she doesn’t cause any trouble.”

The cakes looked at each other. “Exactly what is wrong with her?” Mrs. Cake said.

“Imagine that you’re baking non-stop for a whole day with no rest whatsoever and with no help.” He said. “And now imagine that you’re not baking, but instead collect apples in a big ass orchard.” They gulped, concerned about the state of their bakery for the next week. “I’d like to avoid any problems she might cause, so I want to ask you to let me help around as well in order to keep everything going smoothly. At least when Applejack is around. Is that alright?”

They nodded together, but before they got to answer, Pinkie’s voice rang through the bakery. “Applejack! You’re here!” The pink mare was quick to run out of the kitchen with half-conscious Applejack dragged behind her. “I’m ready for duty!” She saluted. “My team is also ready for duty!” She turned towards Applejack who already fell asleep. Cakes looked at her, their concern about the bakery returning in full force. “AJ!” She yelled in farmer’s face.

“Eh, uh, whu, what? Oh no! I mean, don't you fret. I can bake anything from fritters to pies in the blink of an eye.” Mentioning about blinking made her sleepy enough to slip into unconsciousness again.

Pinkie looked at Revan. “Oh, hi there Revi! I didn’t even see you there. Tell me, what are you doing here?”

Mr. Cake was the one to answer that. “Mr. Revan agreed to provide additional help while we’re gone. He’ll help you when he’s available, right?” He looked at the human who nodded in response. “Right. Now, we’ll be on our way. See you in a week.”


“All right-y! I'll get the sugar and the eggs. Can you get me some chocolate chips?” Pinkie said as she buried her head inside a cupboard.

“Eh, uh, whu, what was that?” Applejack asked, unsure what to do with herself.

Chocolate chips.” Pinkie repeated. “Oh never mind, Revi already got them.”

“Chips... got it. Tater chips, a little salty and dry, okie-dokie.” She said and as if not hearing what Pinkie said grabbed tater chips and tried adding them to the big bowl where Revan already added chocolate chips. Luckily he grabbed the pack of chips out of her hooves and quickly placed an empty cardboard box that was lying around in its place. She didn’t notice and happily added the nonexistent chips into the bowl. “What next?” She asked.

Pinkie buried her head in the book she had lying open on the table, making Revan guess that she was trying some new recipe. He found it unlikely that she wouldn’t know every recipe she’s ever used by memory. “Baking soda.” She said. Revan reacted before Applejack, starting to search through the kitchen in search of the item Pinkie requested.

Though yet again Applejack didn’t bother herself with that and went on with her delusion. “Soda. Perfect. That'll get the tater chips nice and wet.” Just as Revan found what he was looking for, Applejack opened the fridge and searched from bottom to top for a bottle of soda. Revan rushed over to her and before hear eyes reached the bottle of soda, he grabbed it and drank all of it before giving her an empty bottle. “Mighty thanks Revan. And here I thought ya’ll be in my way.” He responded with a loud burp. After drinking a whole bottle of soda so fast it was hard to resist. “Sheesh, when was the last time ya ate? Ah’ll get you some apples when we’re done.” She turned to Pinkie. “What now?”

“A cup of flour.” She responded. “Also, that was a good one Revi, I’ll have to work hard to beat that one. Oh, and by the way, that was mine soda, so… you owe me two bits.”

While Pinkie was saying that, Revan momentarily lost track of Applejack who in that time grabbed some lemons and stated to make lemonade for some reason. He quickly added the flour to the mix and looked for a way to stop Applejack. “Hey, AJ.“ He called out to her. “Pinkie forgot to say that she’ll need that stuff later, get some more ready and leave it somewhere, alright?”

She looked at him confused. Or at least more confused than she already looked. “Ya want me to make s'mores? Well, alright I guess. We’ll need something to eat after we’re done.” And so he managed to keep her away from the baking process for long enough to finish preparing everything with Pinkie, who approved of the idea with s'mores. It was all going well until Applejack finished making s'mores…

And forced him to eat them.


“Damn it…” Revan said in a weak voice as he knelt over the toilet. “I don’t think it was ever that bad… not even on my 18th birthday…” He felt his stomach convulse as he started to vomit again.

“I can’t believe you just ate that.” Twilight said, holding one hoof on his back. “Though, I guess you saved everypony in town from the same fate. If Applejack got to have her way with those baked goods, they would probably get a title of ‘baked bads’ and scar the stomach of everypony who’s digestive system touched them to the end of their days.”

“And now only my stomach is scarred.” He responded and slowly got up. “I’m not sure If I should be happy about it or not. But we have more pressing matters don’t we? I assume you didn’t manage to talk any sense into her?” She shook her head. “Eh, knew it won’t be that easy… And she’s supposed to go and help me with those bunnies now…” They left the bathroom and started to walk around the library, both thinking in silence.

“Do you think you can handle this on your own?” Twilight asked.

“No. I need someone to keep those little things in place and me and Mischief can’t do that on our own. Applejack and Winona were helping Fluttershy with that for years.”

“What if I held them in place with magic? That would work, right?”

“Bad idea. If you hold them down with magic they will panic and get scared. Fluttershy won’t be happy about. And you wouldn’t like her when she’s angry, she’s almost like a god damn Hulk.”

“I didn’t mean that. Come on, you have to think more outside the box when it comes to magic. I can make them stand still without them even knowing.”

“You, mean hallucination?”

“Among other things. There are many spells I could use.”

“And you’re sure they’re safe? Fluttershy would chop me to pieces and throw me into the Everfree if anything happened to them. And I’m assuming she won’t torture me first.”

“Oh, come on. Don’t you trust me?”

“…Alright, good point. But we still have to do it fast. We better send someone to stall Applejack until we get it done. Rarity’s place is on a way. She should be able to help.”


They did as they said. Rarity went to the farm to keep Applejack busy by trying to talk sense into her, even though the attempt was doomed to fail from the get-go. Twilight used a spell on the bunnies like she said she would, and luckily nothing bad happened when she released them. He didn’t know what kind of spell she used, and he didn’t ask. Magic could get confusing to say the least.

He counted all the young bunnies before Applejack arrived. Rarity was still talking to her, and the farmer looked more and more interested in falling asleep with each word that left Rarity’s mouth. “Alright! Ah’m here!” She yelled. “Where are those bunnies?”

“Yeah… well, I kinda already finished so…”

She immediately got pissed after he said that and started to pierce him with her eyes. “Are ya telling me I wasted the time to come here, just so ya can tell me that Ah’m not needed?”

“No, I’m saying that I saved you the time you would need to stick around here and help me with it.” Damn it, this might backfire badly. I just know it will. He thought.

Applejack looked at Twilight, who was standing behind Revan. “Oh, so ya think ya can just replace me, huh? No way Ah’ll allow for this!” She pushed past Revan and approached the small area where the bunnies were closed in. ”Ah’ll show you how it’s done!” She got ready to kick open the fence that kept the bunnies from running away.

“Applejack, don’t-!” Revan tried to stop her, but was too late.

“Now, come on Winona!” Fuck… Applejack’s screams supported by Winona’s barks were more than enough to scare the bunnies, who immediately started to run. “That's right! Let's go, bunnies. In the center. Put 'em up, Winona!”

After shaking off the initial shock, Revan immediately started to run after her. He was mad. “Alright, that’s fucking it! Mischief, get her!” The dog did as ordered. He rushed towards the farmer, quickly closing the distance. Applejack didn’t notice him before it was too late for her. Mischief crushed into her with full speed and she fell over, rolling in the grass few times before she stopped. Bunnies meanwhile continued to run towards Ponyville.

“Go after them.” Revan yelled towards Twilight and Rarity. “I’ll deal with her.” He said, turning towards Applejack who was having problems getting up. Seeing her on the ground, Winona rushed to help, but Mischief stepped in, and despite the little dog’s attempts, he quickly pinned her to the ground and forced to obey.

Revan grabbed the farmer and forcefully pushed her against the tree, pressing one arm against her throat. “I’m fucking done with this bullshit.” He said. “Either you let us help you or I give you no choice. How will it be?” He pressed his arm slightly harder.

“Go buck yourself! I don’t need any help! Not from you! And not from anypony!” She tried to push him away but even if she wasn’t tired to this level, she wouldn’t push him away that easily.

“What the fuck are you trying to prove? That you can work yourself to death? Bo jeśli tak, to gratulacje, nieźle ci idzie pierdolona kretynko ((Well, if you do than congratulations, because you’re doing well you fucking idiot)).”

She didn’t answer with words, instead trying to hit him in the face with her hoof. Revan pushed her hoof away with no problem, but Applejack was growing more and more aggressive the longer he held her in place, while she struggled to break free. He knew this is no longer about him keeping her from work. Something else was causing this.

Revan already knew talking to her now is pointless, she would just yell in his face and struggle until she hurt herself. He turned her around and tightly wrapped his arm around her neck. She struggled for a while longer but she soon fell unconscious in his arms. “Sweet dreams.”


Revan placed Applejack on her bed. He carried her all the way to the farm and somewhere along the way Twilight and the rest joined up with him. They were working on the farm now. Despite spending all that time harvesting apples, Applejack didn’t even manage to get half of the job done. The human closed the door behind as he left the room.

Big Mac was sitting on a sofa in the living room. Seeing him, Revan sat next to him. “Sorry for knocking her out. I hoped it wouldn’t come down to this.”

“I can’t blame you.” Farmer said. “She didn’t really give you much choice, did she?” Knowing Applejack, Big Mac knew she would rather to get a heart attack than give up. “I should be the one apologizing.” Revan was about to speak up, but Big Mac continued. “I should have talked to her when all of that first started. Maybe you and her wouldn’t be in that situation if I did.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Have you noticed how she’s been acting since you and miss Twilight got together?”

“Yeah, ever since we as much as started to show interest in one another she’s been acting more and more like… well, I’m not sure how to call it, but we slowly started to grow apart since then.”

“Yes, and there’s a reason for this. I figured that if you are to know about this, she should be the one to tell you, but with all that happened I think you should know.”

“I know she told Twilight something that she didn’t want me to know. She also said that she will accept us as a couple.”

Mac shook his head. “She lied.” He said. “She only said that to keep Twilight as a friend, but she will never accept you two as a couple. She never really got over what happened with our parents.”

This got Revan’s full attention. “What happened?” He asked.

The farmer took a deep breath before speaking. “It started when Applebloom wasn’t even a year old. Some griffon came to town, I don’t know what his name was. Lived here for about a month I think, but during that month he and our mother got… more than friendly. In the end she left our father with the three of us and moved out with that griffon. Father took it hard. Started drinking a lot. He tried to talk to her through letters, but she never responded. Eventually he… he hung himself on a tree. And Applejack was the one who found his body.

And before we even had a time to finish mourning him, we got a message from the head guard of Manehattan. They found our mother’s body massacred in a room she and that griffon were renting. They never found that griffon and we didn’t see him again so me and granny decided to move on, but for Applejack it wasn’t over. She kept having nightmares about him almost every night. Makes sense if you think about it. She was always really afraid of that guy. I still remember her hiding under my bed because he was sleeping on the farm while father was away. One day she just run away from the farm to look for him. She came back after a week with a cutie mark though…

Anyways, that was the breaking point for her. After the incident leaked to the press, more stories like that started to appear. And that slowly made her look at all interspecies couples the same. Like at a ticking bomb that was going to go off if she won’t do something about it.

That’s why no matter what you two tell her, she will do what she can to build a wall between you two. Because even though she looked at you as on a friend once. Now she sees you as an enemy who wants to take someone important away from her again. And she will do all it takes to not let that happen.”

Author's Note:

Yey! I'm back!
And since I'm back, here's a quick update on the story:

Initially, I wanted this story to continue until the end of third season of the show, but now I realize that if I do this like I do things now, this story will end up a few hundred thousand words too long for my liking.

That's why I plan to end this story on an event that will close this story on a satisfying note, and one that will come fast enough to not make this story too long for people who don't like overly long stories (like me). I still expect it to reach 200 000 words, but considering that from the moment when Revan appeared in Equestria and now, only one month has passed, I think that's a good idea.


Quote of the day: "Can I break his neck now master? It's been a long time fantasy of mine..."
~HK-47


Song of a day: Disturbed - I'm Alive