• Published 6th Apr 2015
  • 10,057 Views, 507 Comments

Ponyville Police Department - Omega6047



Policeman and his dog are trying to survive in pony society.

  • ...
72
 507
 10,057

12. New Home

--Chapter 12--
New Home

For next few days fallowing Celestia's visit, things fell into a routine. Each morning Revan'd wake up early, talk with Luna who usually spends whole nights awake (alicorns don't need much rest), wash himself, eat breakfast and wait until one of girls visits. From there they mostly talk with each other, while Luna tries to pretend she's asleep. Most of the girls are rather friendly towards her -especially Pinkie- but Fluttershy seems to be terrified of her, and Applejack acts suspiciously around the lunar princess.

As for girls themselves, Revan grew to really like them, even if Pinkie can sometimes act like she have a serious problem with drugs, and Rarity can be slightly annoying with her lectures about fashion (and the amount of perfume she uses –Mischief usually hides under Luna’s bed while she visits). Celestia would also occasionally came to visit her sister, and by extension, also Revan. The solar princess proved to be fun to talk to as well. Compared to Luna, Celestia was much more playful and proved herself to be capable of both taking a joke as well as well as making one herself.

At the beginning, relations between the sisters have been rather awkward, which is understandable, they had spent one thousand years in separation. During their talks, Revan usually stayed quiet, letting them both catch up the lost time.

Every two days, both he and Luna would be given a potion made by Zecora; ‘the Zebra of Everfree’ as she was called around Ponyville. The potions couldn’t be used more often than that, because of the toxins within them, their bodies had to deal with them first, before taking another dose. The specifics she had made were doing wonders, and in 8 days since being sent to the hospital, Revan’s bones were fully healed. The wound on his left shoulder still remained, but by that time he was able to do some simple training to get himself back in shape. Unfortunately, Luna wasn't there to see it, she was already fully healed and the day before Celestia took her to Canterlot.

Before leaving, Celestia had also mentioned that she and Twilight have made a public speech about him, so he didn't have to worry about causing the panic in the town or answering the fuckzillions of questions every time he'd meet a pony brave enough to talk with him.

Luna's absence had certainly made things boring, but at least he had Mischief to keep him company. The dog had got used to living among magic creatures, and it was safe to use magic around him without the risk of having a cold nose touching your horn (unless you have the amount of magic as large as Celestia). Revan had asked Fluttershy to bring something for Mischief to sleep in, as well as the clothes Rarity had made for him. Actually, she had remade the ones he had when he got here, the originals were broken beyond repair(not that she'd have let him wear them anyway, they were dirty.).

As the 9th day came, Revan woke up at his usual, early waking hour and left the room after taking his clothes, leaving the heavy sleeping dog in his new bed. He walked through the hallway, until he reached the bathroom, where he washed himself using tools and shampoo provided to him by Rarity. Something she had demanded to be left without any payback, but after an argument that woke up half of the hospital (she stayed late to monolog-him-about-fashion to death), she had agreed to let him help around her boutique after he's fully healed.

After he was done, he put on his clothes and walked out, on his way back he bumped into nurse Red Heart, who's been carrying the breakfast for both him and Mischief. They greeted through the light nod, nurse's mouth were busy holding the tray with food.

When they reached Revan's room, Red had put the tray down on the nightstand and they greeted properly. "Hi big guy."

"Hi, anything new happened?"

"Not really, but you should already know that rarely anything happens around here. By the way we’re letting you out today, Fluttershy will be here to pick you up." She placed the bowl with dog's food on the ground. The dog immediately caught the scent, and slowly began waking up.

“Great, no offence to this place, but I was getting bored.”

"None taken, this place really is boring, nothing ever happens around Ponyville. Sometimes I miss my old job in Fillydelphia, but no matter how boring this town can sometimes be, I don’t think I would give that up. The atmosphere around here is just great. I hope you will like it here too.”

“Yeah, I hope I will too. Anything else I should know about?” He picked up a plate with his food and placed it on his legs.

"No. Now, anything else I can do for you?"

He thinks for a bit. "Nah, I'm good." Nurse began to walk out of the room, but stopped when Revan said something with full mouth.

"What was that?"

He swallows. "Where's my stuff?" She looks at him oddly. "You know, the things I had in my pockets, my knife and gun."

She rose an eyebrow. "Really? You asking about it now?"

"Hej, tobie też zdarza się zapominać. ((Hey, you're forgetting about stuff too.))" Red rolled her eyes. "So where are my things?"

"Probably with Twilight, she took everything for examination and no pony heard about that stuff ever since." She walked out. Revan turned around to see what Mischief was doing, and like he suspected, the half asleep dog was lying in his bed, while slowly eating his breakfast. Following the dog's example, he sat on the bed and ate his own breakfast.

Once he was done, he lied on his bed and took one of books Twilight had brought him. He had already read through the ones that were about equestrian law. And in his opinion, punishments were way too light. The highest sentence was 25 years of prison, and most of crimes that would have get you sent to prison, in Equestria were punished by a simple fine.

But then again, it wasn't earth, and this punishment system may be enough around here.

The book he picked up was titled 'Storm Crusher', And was an adventure tale about the Pegasus warrior, looking for an ancient sword that would help win a war against unicorns. According to Twilight the book was created before Equestria came to be, and was part of Pegasi's propaganda. Apparently Pegasus kind had a serious grudge against Unicorns for being defeated by them in nearly every war. Unicorns on the other hand, held a boiling hate for Earth Ponies, who hated Pegasi.

When the wars between the 3 races started, the outcome was usually the same. Pegasi were devastated by unicorn magic while unicorns were defenseless against Earth Pony's charges (once earth ponies gain speed, nothing can them). And to fulfill the paper-rock-scissors rules, Pegasi's quick air strikes left Earth Ponies without any meaningful way to fight back.

Despite being a work of propaganda, the book proved to be rather interesting; except parts that were made to show Pegasus kind’s obvious superiority over other races. For the next few hours he kept reading, until he realized that Rainbow Dash -who declared to came over shortly after breakfast- still wasn't there. He decided that he had read enough, and placed the book on the nightstand.

He walked over to the empty part of the room and took off his shirt before beginning his workout. He started by stretching his body, and after that he worked on his muscles. He kept it up for about half an hour, but as he was busy making push-ups, he heard something from the window. He jumped up, and turned to the source of the noise. Through the open window, Rainbow Dash was looking at him with a red blush on her face. "See something you like?" Revan stated with a smug.

"Um, maybe... B-but anyway, I'm sorry for being late." She flew in through the window; her face slightly cooled down. "I had an unexpected visit from an old friend of mine, and I wanted her to meet you."

"Alright, who and where is she?" He took the sheet from his bed and washed the sweat off of himself, before putting his shirt back on.

"Her name is Gilda and she's a griffon, thought you might like a company of another predator. She's waiting in front of the hospital, I'll call her in." Dash walked over the window and stuck her head out. "Hey chicken-brain! Get your fried-butt over here!" She screamed.

"Coming, you movable-quill-deposit!" A voice called out. Soon, a large griffon flew through the window, she was almost a head higher than Dash. Her head was covered by white feathers, while the rest of her body was light brown, so were her eyes. They both eyed each other, neither seeing a creature like the other before. Gilda was the first to speak up. "That's it? And you're telling me he's a predator? Please, he doesn't have any fangs or even claws."

Revan smiled at that. "Yea, I don't have fangs or claws, but that doesn't mean I'm any less dangerous."

"Care to proof it?"

Revan didn't answer that. Instead he walked over to his bed and with quick motion threw his sheet on Gilda. The griffon was caught off guard, and before she managed to take the sheet off of herself, Revan was already lying on top of her, with one hand holding her talons together, while the other immobilized her head. She tried to push him off, but his legs were already wrapped around hers and her wings were pinned to her back, immobilizing those as well. She kept struggling in his grasp, while Rainbow laughed all the way through.

“Ugh, let me go!” Gilda screamed.

“Once you admit that I’m as much of a predator as you are.”

“Go fuck yourself!”

“I’d rather fuck you.” Not really.

She didn’t say anything more, all she did was try to get free but no matter what she did, the human hadn’t even budged. Eventually she run out of strength, and finally admitted her defeat. “Eh, alright, I admit it.”

“You admit what?” He said with a smug on his face.

*GROWL*”I admit, that Revan, the human from Ponyville, is as much of a predator as any griffon.” She admits and Revan finally lets her go. Once free, Gilda turned around and gave Revan an angry glare. “Alright, I met him, can we go now?” She said as she turned to Dash.

“Oh, so fast? We’ve been here for only few a minutes! Don’t tell me you can’t take a little joke?” Griffon growls at that.

“Hey, sorry if I offended you.” He knelt down and extended the hand. “We’re good?”

Gilda looks at his hand for a bit, before sighing and shaking human’s hand with her talon.

“Great, now how about we talk for a bit?”

“Sure, about what?” She rolled her eyes.

“Like, for example you and Dash, how did you two got to know each other?”

“We know each other from the flight school.” She said.

“And…?” He encouraged her to continue.

It was obvious that Gilda hadn’t wanted to answer, so Dash took over. “And, since I helped her with some assholes, we becoming friends in the process. Together we were on top of the class and were sent to all kinds of competitions and stuff like that. We continued to hang out until I decided to drop the school and we kinda lost touch after that.”

“Alright, now would you mind telling me where griffon’s cute marks are placed? I’ve been kinda wondering about it since you came in.” In answer, Gilda reached out her talon and showed the marking underneath of it. Revan looked at the mark, it was completely black image two wings, extended from the orb. Revan couldn’t look for long time, as Gilda put her talon back on the ground shortly after showing it to him.

For a few minutes Revan and Dash kept trying to encourage the griffon to join the conversation, but it was obvious that she wasn’t going to talk. Eventually, Revan felt an all too familiar pressure in his back end. “Alright girls, I gotta use the toilet.” He declared and left the room, leaving the griffon and slightly irritated Pegasus behind.

“You know, you could have at least try to get along with him…” Said Dash.

“Whatever, that guy is boring. I’m gonna go to the town square and get something to eat. See ya later.” They bumped their hoof and talon together and Gilda left through the window.

Dash watched her friend go and sighed. She had really changed over the years. I still remember her acting like Flutters when we were young, she just flew better. But now… I just don’t know what to think… Maybe she’s just stressed out lately, I should ask Pinkie about making some party for her, she may relax a bit. She thought and leaned against the wall, while waiting for Revan to finish his business.


Dash didn't stay long after Revan returned, she had to go find Pinkie and Gilda. The human spent another hour or so reading the book he began earlier. When he was almost half way through the novel, Fluttershy came in. "Um, hello?" She said silently as she opened the door.

"Hi, you're here to get me out?"

"Yes, nurse Red Heart, came to my house yesterday and said that that they're letting you go, so I came here to lead you to my house."

"Great, not that there's anything wrong here, but I was getting bored of that place." He took the little stuff he had and put it all in a small bag Rarity had made for him. It was really small, and Rarity had made it only to bring the cleaning tools for him. She didn't expect him to use it as a backpack, and immediately declared that she will make him a real thing. When he had everything packed, he walked over to the door. "Would you mind if we go to Twilight’s? She has all my other stuff. Oh, and to the town hall too, I need to fill some papers."

Fluttershy nodded and walked out of the room; Revan and Mischief fallowed behind. Like always, the hallway was almost empty, the only pony there was green coated unicorn mare, that was doing cleaning duty. He remembered her from the day when he woke up, and had his little argument with Red regarding his privacy. From there she's been doing the cleaning duty every day, even though it was voluntary job. Most of the hours of her job, she's spent walking around Revan's room, he had even caught her staring at him through the window at the morning hours.

As the two walked through the hallway, they stumbled upon a couple of doctors who Revan got to know during his stay. Doctors Stable Pulse and his wife Life Line, were alongside of nurse Red Heart, tasked with making sure he heals nicely (actually, only Stable was supposed to do that, but his wife eL –like she was called by her friends- decided to tag along because she had nothing better to do). They exchanged goodbyes (or in Revan's case -'See you later') and walk in separate directions.

When they reached the reception, Red Heart was sitting behind the desk filling some papers. “Ohhhh… you leaving so soon? I hoped to keep you around for few more hours.”

“Sorry to break your dreams but I’m getting out of here. Though, you can expect me back here in about two weeks. Do svidaniya tovarishch!”

Revan and Fluttershy opened the hospital door and walked outside. The hospital was placed a little outside of the town but Revan could see it from here. The dirt path led to the small village, with the houses in most cases, partly made out of wood and with hay on the roof. When they got closer, Revan could tell that the hay was there mostly for esthetic reasons, and below it was properly crafted roof. As they kept walking, most ponies were staring at the human, which is not surprising, so far they have only heard about him from the princess.

Revan didn’t really care about the attention, as far as he was concerned, if they weren’t running away screaming like insane, everything was fine. Some of the ponies even greeted him, which brought a smile on the human’s face, but there were few that were downright terrified of him even despite princess’s speech, for example, the group of ponies in the flower shop looked like they had just pissed themselves once the saw him.

When they reached the center of town, the town hall came to view. It was much larger than the other buildings in town and looked kinda like a carousel mixed with the tower. In the doors –which unlike in every other building in the town, were big enough for him to enter without any problems- stood a middle aged earth pony mare. Her mane was gray, but it looked like she’s been painting it. The coat on her body had a light brown color. Her cute mark was a scroll tied with a ribbon.

“Welcome, miss Fluttershy.” She said. The pegasus nodded lightly. “And you are the human that princess had told me about, correct?”

“Yup, I’m here to fill my papers for citizenship and whatever else I need to take care of. I’m Revan, who are you?”

“My name is Mayor Mare, I’m the mayor of this town.” Well, that’s a… fitting name… The three walked inside. Inside the building were few ponies, most of them was here in some kind of business, but there were also few workers. The mayor led them to the room on the other side of the building and handled Revan few papers he had to fill.

Pony bureaucracy was much faster than human. Though the reason for that may have been lack of lines. Revan was done with everything in few minutes, and both he and Fluttershy left the town hall. “So where do you live?” Revan asked.

“Oh, I live outside of the town, it’s about 10 minutes of walking from here.”

“Why not in town? You live on a farm or something?”

“No, I just don’t like the attention.”

Revan crossed his arms. “Living in town does not equal attention, Fluttershy. If anything you’re bringing attention to yourself by not leaving the same way rest of Ponyville does. Now what’s the real reason?” He asked with concern in his voice.

Fluttershy hid her face beneath her mane, and said nothing. “Alright, if you don’t want to talk I’m not going to make you.”

“No, it’s not that, it’s just that… nopony has ever been concerned about me…”

“Well, I am, I owe you at least that much, for letting me stay in your house. Now tell me what’s the real reason?” They both stopped walking.

The pegasus took a deep breath. “It’s because of my father. He was not a nice pony, and gave my family a really bad name. In cooperation to my brothers, I’m not treated all that bad, but that doesn’t mean it’s good.” She said in a hush tone.

“How bad was he?” He asked. “Your father, I mean.”

“Bad enough to be put in the prison for a life time as the first pony in over 400 years.” She lowered her head. “Princess Celestia had brought back the penalty just for his case and personally sentenced him, she even refused him the law of getting a lawyer. It was the main subject in every radio station and newspaper for months.” She sat on her hind legs. “She tried to make sure papers won’t show mine or my brother’s faces, but in Cloudsdale everypony already knew, and we were forced to move out. Unfortunately for me, some ponies from Cloudsdale moved in here after me, and before I knew it, most of the town saw me like they did him.”

Revan looked at her surprised, as well as slightly concerned. “I’m not sure I want to know what he did to piss off Celestia like that.” Fluttershy didn’t reply, she kept staring on the ground in silence. As the memories of the past began to sink into her mind, her eyes slowly began to fill with tears.

Revan knelt down and looked in her eyes. “Hey, you alright?” He says in a concerned tone. Fluttershy lifted her head for a second, before lowering it again. Her legs began to shake uncontrollably and her breathing turned into sharp and short breaths as she cried. Without waiting, Revan wrapped his arm around her and hugged her and lightly run his other hand through her mane. She didn’t do anything to stop him, she just buried her face in his shoulder. Mischief had also tried to comfort her, he began to muzzle back of her head.

As the pegasus kept crying in the middle of the street, Revan observed the ponies around. Most of them didn’t seemed to care about it at all -they were in fact more interested in him- but there was two ponies that caught the human’s attention. Brown coated earth pony stallion with a money bag on his rear and a pink filly with tiara on her head. Those two looked really amused. Revan threw an angry glare at them, which the stallion returned immediately after noticing it, while the filly huffed. They turned around and walked away.

Eventually, Fluttershy calmed down and wiped out the leftovers of tears from her face. “Thanks.” She said while looking Revan in the eyes; hers were still red from tears.

Revan ruffled her mane and smiled. “You’re welcome. Now, shall we continue?” She nodded with a small smile. They both got up and began walking towards Twilight’s place; which to Revan’s surprise was a really big oak tree.

Upon reaching the tree house, Fluttershy knocked to the door. Soon they heard someone walking to the door. “Coming!” A childish voice called out. Soon the door were open and reviled the small lizard-like creature. Revan looked at him with interest. “Oh, hi Fluttershy.”

“Hello Spike, is Twilight here?”

“No, she went to Sugarcube Corner for some party. Pinkie’s trying to get along with some griffon apparently.” Spike finally noticed the huge bipod standing behind the pagasus. He studied Revan, as he did him. Finally, Spike came to the conclusion. “Hey, you are that human Twilight keeps talking about!” Spike stepped out of the door and reached out his hand. “I’m Spike, Twilight’s number one assistant and the town’s only dragon.”

Revan reached out his hand as well, putting three finger’s in Spike’s hand/claw. “Yes that’s me. Name’s Revan. Do you know where had Twilight put my stuff?”

“No idea. Not that it would matter anyway, if there’s one thing I know about where that stuff is, it is the fact that Twilight secured it like it was royal treasury, which along with her love for passwords, means that you need her here to get that stuff back.”

“Alright, so I guess we’ll be going to that Sugarcube Corner then. By the way, you mind if I leave here some of the books Twilight brought me. I don’t see the reason to carry all that stuff around.”

“Sure.” Spike replied.

Revan took the bag off of his back and took a few books out of it. Spike took them and after placing them in the library, declared that he wants to go with them. Closing the door behind him he jumped on Fluttershy’s back. With the dragon with them, Fluttershy and Revan began walking in direction of Sugarcube Corner, which was where Pinkie Pie lived, and where the party was being held.

As they walked, ponies were still staring at the human, some even took photos, hoping he didn’t notice (he did), one of those was the green mare from the hospital. “Who’s that?” He pointed at her, which immediately caused the mare to run away.

She didn’t run fast enough though, and Fluttershy managed to take a look. “That was Lyra Heartstrings. She’s visiting the town every now and then to see her marefriend, Bon Bon. Neither of them ever officially confirmed they are in a relationship, but based on the way they talk with each other, it’s kinda obvious… even for me. I don’t know much about her beside that, but I’ve heard from Rarity that she wants to move in after she finishes her last year of school. Which would be in a month. Why do you ask?”

“She’s been stalking me since she saw me for the first time. I just want to talk with her once I get an occasion and get her off my back, she’s kinda starting to annoy me.” Fluttershy nodded.

It didn’t took them long to reach their destination; Ponyville was a small town and the library was on the same street as Sugarcube Corner. Inside Pinkie Pie was preparing a party along with the rest of the gang. Revan and Fluttershy, helped with the preparations after talking with Twilight about Revan’s stuff. They agreed that Twilight will give everything back to him, after he helps her with examining everything, something she’s been holding off until he’ll be able to leave the hospital. “Why didn’t you just bring that stuff to the hospital? I know that Unicorns are much weaker than Earth Ponies and Pegasi, and that you couldn’t just levitate all of that, or any of that, but you could have just ask AJ or even Rainbow to help you with that.”

“Applejack couldn’t help me with bringing that stuff, because the sole reason behind her strength, is her ability to lower the mass and integrity of an object upon touching it. For her it is as natural as scanning spells are for me, and without that ability to fall back on, she had problems with holding your knife. And as for Rainbow… I wish you luck with actually getting her to do something when she’s busy practicing, or is napping on a cloud 500 meters above the ground. Which is most of what she’s doing outside of work.”

Revan thought for a bit, lying his chin on his hand. “So you’re saying that without magic Applejack is actually weak? With the amount of work she does, I find that hard to believe.”

“I’m not saying she’s weak, I meant that she is so dependent on that ability, that she has problems with putting her physical strength to use when it is suddenly taken away. Most of Earth Ponies use their magic to increase their strength, but Applejack has problems with that, and even though her magic level is nearly equal to mine, I outrank her because I actually know how to use it, while she barely had any education on that matter.

In fact, all other bearers have nearly the same amount of magic, with only difference being, how much training we had. From what I know, only me and Rainbow are actively training our magic abilities.”

“Alright, I guess that explains it. I’ll come by tomorrow and answer any questions you may have.” She nodded and almost immediately after that, Gilda appeared. From there party went… less than well… To put it simply, Gilda was acting like a bitch the entire time, showing a lot of hostility towards both Pinkie and Revan, she was even trying to provoke the human into a fight. Surprisingly, Applejack was really angered -or even offended- by the griffon’s presence. Either she has some grudge against griffons, or she’s just racist… or speciest… or something like that. He thought.

Eventually, Rainbow got pissed, and decided to put an end to their friendship. To everypony’s surprise, Gilda took it rather well. Only Revan –who stood closest to the griffon- had noticed the very faint signs of tears in griffon’s eyes, he knew that beneath the mask she was wearing, Gilda was crying on the inside. Dash could see that too, she was however too angry to care.

The party ended shortly after Gilda left and everyone left the bakery. Before Revan and Fluttershy walked out of the building, Pinkie stopped them be catching Revan’s hand, she declared that his party will be better and wanted him to pick the date. She reached to her mane and pulled a calendar out of it. “Here, now tell me, when do you want that party?” She asked in unnatural for her serious tone while holding a notebook in her hoof and a pencil in her mouth.

Revan looked at the calendar. He had already know how it worked in Equestria, and like he assumed before, it was different then on Earth, though it still had some similarities. The year on Equs was divided into 12 months with same names as the ones on Earth. Each month contained 6 weeks, 5 days each (no Saturdays and Sundays); which means a full year lasts 360 days. The other difference is seasons. They are the same as on Earth and last 3 months each, but the dates they begin are different , Spring for example, begins at the 1st January.

“How about a Friday?”

“Next Friday it is then!” She wrote down the date. “Now, there are few questions I need you to answer.” Not waiting for him to reply, she bombarded him with hundreds of questions spoken with the speed that would make Eminem jealous.

It might take a while…

Author's Note:

Little known fact: 80% of this story is improvised, for example the only thing I had planned in this chapter, was Revan leaving the hospital. Everything else I made up as I was writing.


Two days ago when I was watching EG3: FG I came up with an idea for a side story that takes place along that one, just in the world of Equestria Girls. The main idea is that when Revan came through the portal, the mirror was activated, and because of stuff that everyone's favorite ancient magical plot device -Starswirl The Bearded- did, now there is another Revan in the other humans world. If I will make that story it will likely be updated much less frequent than this one, but I already have few ideas for the events that could occur.
What do you think?


Song of the day: Starset - Carnivore