• Published 6th Apr 2015
  • 10,057 Views, 507 Comments

Ponyville Police Department - Omega6047



Policeman and his dog are trying to survive in pony society.

  • ...
72
 507
 10,057

17. Show Mare

--Chapter 17--
Show Mare

*KNOCK*KNOCK*KNOCK* Rarity turned away from the dishes and looked at the door. “Sweetie! Could you great the guest?” She called out to her little sister.

“Sure thing sis!” The little pony called out cheerfully as she run down the stairs and towards the door. Rarity turned back to the dirty dishes in the sink and pinked up another one. She grabbed a sponge with her magic and proceeded to remove the unholy uncleanness. But as she was about to put the clean plate aside, an ear piercing scream made her drop the dish on the floor.

“AAAAAAAA!!! MONSTER!!!” Following the scream, Sweetie Bell run to her sister and hid between her legs. “Rarity! There’s a monster trying to get in here! What do we do!?” She screamed in panic. Rarity -being the great sister that she is- completely ignored that, and walked over to the door herself, pushing Sweetie Bell with her. “What are you doing!? It’s gonna kill us!” The little pony tried to get away but she tripped over Rarity’s leg.

Rarity was standing next to the door and opened it with her magic. “NOOOO-!!!” Sweetie tried to scream, but her sister moved a hoof to her mouth and held it there to silence her up.

“I’m truly sorry, darling. Sweetie Bell here has occasional problems with her manners, I hope you won’t take it personally.”

“Nah, one more visit to a laryngologist won’t hurt. I hope.” Revan said, holding a hand over his ear. He looked at Sweetie, who at the moment was both terrified and confused. He lowered himself, resting on one knee. “Don’t be afraid kid. I’m not a monster, just a big monkey without fur.” She calmed down a little and Rarity moved her hoof away from her mouth.

“I- I’m s-sorry mister. I didn’t mean to anger you.”

“I said this many times and that probably won’t be the last time. If you want to make me angry, you will have to try REALLY hard. Calling me a monster doesn’t bother me that much, especially with how different I am from you folks. And why did you even think that I was angry?”

“Well, it’s just that when you looked at me from up and it looked really scary and I thought that you will be angry after I called you a monster and run away. Um, what is your name, mister?”

“Revan, like that Sith Lord.”

“What Lord?”

“Nevermind.” He reached out his hand. She hesitated, but when Rarity gently rested her hoof on Sweetie’s shoulder she mustered the courage to place her hoof in Revan’s hand. He wrapped his hand around Sweetie’s hoof and shook it gently. “You’re Sweetie Bell, right?”

Before anything more could be said, they all turned towards the tree as they heard a loud coughing. Mischief was standing there, with his head down, and coughing so hard he almost choked. Revan walked over to him and patted him on the back. “What’s with him?” Sweetie asked.

“He came to close to Rarity’s house.”

“Humph, I see your dog still hasn’t grew a taste in perfumes.” Rarity commented.

Revan turned around, still keeping his hand on the dog’s back. “Well, I didn’t either. To gówno którym mnie oblałaś ostatnim razem to były pierwsze perfumy z jakimi miałem do czynienia od kilku lat. (That shit you poured on me was the first perfume I had contact with in years)”

“I haven’t got a faintest idea what you just said, but if it was about that perfumes I used on you, then you should be thankful. As much as I appreciate your natural scent, it simply doesn’t compare to the effect that you can achieve with ‘Le Fudre’.”

“I’ve spend half an hour trying to get this smell out of me. I hate perfumes. I don’t get it how can you use so much of this and still breath.”

“Oh, come on. What bad can a little perfume do to you?”

“Um, Rarity.” Sweetie, cut in. “You’re using half a bottle per day, and that is when you’re trying to ‘save it’. That’s hardly ‘a little’.” Revan smiled at that. “Furthermore, you regularly spray some aromas all over the house. You use so much of them that if any insect gets too close, it runs away from here like it was running for dear life.”

Rarity gave her sister a death stare as Revan chuckled. “Alright enough of this, I’ve got a job for you. And no, I won’t let you do this for free.” The human said once he was done.

“Of course, let’s come to the boutique and talk.” She turned around and walked into the building. Revan gave Mischief one more pat and followed the mare. Sweetie also followed, but stopped when she noticed that Mischief wasn’t coming.

“What about him? Isn’t he coming inside too?” She asked.

“And you really think he would survive this?” Revan replied.

“Oh, I guess you’re right.” She looked at the dog again. “But he looks really sad because of it. As if he wanted to come in.”

“That’s because he doesn’t like to be alone. Especially when I leave him alone.” He looked at the dog along with Sweetie. Then he looked down at the little pony. “You know, you can stay with him if you want to.”

Sweetie looked at him and then back to the dog. “I don’t know. He looks kinda scary… Are you sure he wouldn’t hurt me?” She said.

“I’m sure. The worst he could do is to bark at you if you annoy him.”

“And what annoys him?”

“First of all, don’t just go and pet him. He only allows those who he trusts to do it. With Mischief it’s kinda like in that scene from ‘Little Prince’ when the hero meets the fox.”

“What is ‘Little Prince’?” Sweetie asked confused.

“It’s a book I’ve been reading in school -one of few that I actually read. Anyways, in the book there’s a scene where the main here -Little Prince- meet a fox and wants to befriend him. The fox says that he wants to trust him first, so from then on every day Little Prince goes to visit the fox, he just sits there, but witch each day the fox allows him to sit closer; at least that’s how I remembered it. That’s pretty much how it is with Mischief, you don’t just go and pet him and he’s all over you. You have to earn his trust, which can be hard, but if you manage, then you will earn one of most loyal companions one could ask for.

But like I said, earning his trust can take some time. So far I’ve met 3 persons that he almost immediately trusted. My mother, Fluttershy and Twilight. My mother because she smalls nice to him and often gives him a lot of snacks. Fluttershy just has that strange aura that makes animals calm and feel safe with her. And Twilight because… well, I’m not sure. If I didn’t know better I’d say he has a crush on her horn.” He chuckled at the memory.

Sweetie looked at Mischief for a moment as the dog walked from one side of the boutique to another, as if he was guarding it. “I think… I think I’ll stay.” She made a few step towards the tree in front of the boutique. Revan looked at her as she sat under the tree looking at Mischief who at the time barely acknowledged her presence.

Revan turned around and walked into the boutique, closing the door behind. “You have a way with kids, you know.” Rarity stated from the kitchen where she was picking up the broken plate. “I thought she will run away to her room the second you open your mouth.”

“Bullshit, I’m terrible with kids, I don’t even like them. She was ready to piss herself.”

“Ignoring your vulgar outburst, you don’t know Sweetie like I do. And I can certainly tell that she is not terrified of you, which means you managed to calm her down. The conclusion is, that you have way with kids.”

“Or that you sister preferred to stay outside with a huge dog then be in the same house as me.” Rarity sighed and rolled her eyes as she threw the remains of the dish to the garbage. “Now, I need you to do something for me.”

“You have an order I presume?” He nodded. Rarity levitated a notebook and a pencil. “I’m guessing you need more clothes?”

“That too, but the main reason why I’m here, is because I need a training armor.”

“Ah, yes. I have heard that you are training with miss Octavia. I guess Love Struck wasn’t lying after all.” Rarity motioned Revan to the middle of the room. “Stand here darling, I will take some measurements first.” The room she led him to, was large enough for him to stand without lowering his head, though only barely.

“Don’t you have them already?” He pointed at the clothes he was currently wearing. Which are exactly the same ones she made for him when he was at the hospital. He didn’t really had anything else so he just washed those and kept using them.

“I tried to get them, but apparently I needed a permission to enter your room and I didn’t know who could give one, so I had to stay with trying to replicate the clothes you wore before.”

“You could have just ask Twilight. She was giving orders to all doctors that were studying me, and probably was the one giving permissions.” He said.

“Oh… I, didn’t thought about that.” She levitated a measuring tape. “Now, back to business. Could you take off those clothes so I can take the measurements?” She asked. Revan did just that, throwing his shirt, pants and belt along with everything attached to it. Rarity looked at him and froze.

And not for good reasons.

She has never seen Revan without anything covering his body. Whether was it a blanket, clothes, or streams of blood coming out of his shoulder, something was preventing her from noticing more than him being rather muscled. And now that she got to see more she wished that her knowledge remained at that level.

Except the obvious scar on his shoulder left by Nightmare Moon, his body was covered from down to the top with a few more scars. And ‘few more’ in this case means ‘a shit load of them’. Starting from his legs, there were two clear signs of stitches on both of them, right above knees, along with it his left leg had a similar wound to those that his ‘gun’ left on Timberwolves, only healed.

Moving a bit higher, his stomach was scared by another wound made by a gun along with 3 stabbing wounds. First one was located right below his navel, the second one at his left side above pelvis, and the last one on the right side below diaphragm.

His chest was similarly marked by a gun, and other than that, carried a long wound starting on his right shoulder and drawing a straight line through his chest. A small, charred burn marks covered an areas below his left armpit and breast. Other then all that, his entire body was covered in small, relatively fresh cuts, probably one or two days old. She noticed the cuts on his hands, but at the time she thought they were effect of some kitchen accident.

Revan turned around and threw his clothes on the chair, allowing her to see his back. The scar from his chest made that was left by a gun was reflected on the other side of his body, indicating that the bullet pierced through his body. While his chest had only one long scar, his back was covered by at least 5 of them, each of them was clearly visible on his whitish skin. One of those scars was particularly bad and deep, it almost looked like someone cut it with a knife.

“W-what happened to you?” She finally managed to ask.

Revan looked at her . “Life.” He answered simply. “Does it look like something I’d like to explain?” He pointed at the scar on his back.

“N-no…”

“Exactly.” He didn’t expect it when she came to him and hugged him tightly. Rarity was the highest of the Elements, with Applejack as the close second, so she didn’t have much problems with wrapping her hooves around Revan’s neck like Rainbow or Twilight would.

“Can you at least tell me how did you acquired the fresh ones?” She asked after a good minute of hugging.

“You know I’m training with Octavia?”

“She did this to you?” Rarity asked in disbelief as she let go of Revan’s neck and proceeded to measure him and write everything she needed in her notebook where she drew a rather accurate image of his body.

“Yup. Rainbow was right about her methods being rather ‘extreme’, but I can’t deny their effectiveness.”

“If that’s alright with you, then I won’t object. I’m guessing that is why you need a training armor, right?”

“Yeah, I thought that there is some blacksmith in Ponyville who takes care of that stuff, but I met that nice mare, Ditzy Doo, and she explained be that there are no blacksmiths in the town and that you’re the one who can make something like that.”

“Hmm, I wonder how did she found out about it. I don’t think I ever mentioned it to anypony in Ponyville.”

“I’m not sure either, but if I was to take a random guess I’d say Pinkie Pie told her. That seems like something she would do. Anyways, I was going to go here either way, I need some spare clothes. I get it that you ponies for some reason that is beyond me like the way my sweat smells, but for me it gets annoying after awhile.”

“Another reason why you should be using perfumes.”

“If I were to choose between bathing in my own sweat and regularly using any of those damn perfumes, I’d choose the sweat bath.”

"There's no convincing you, is there?" Revan chuckled at that. "Alright, so you need clothes and leather armor. Anything else?" She asked.

"If it's not a problem, I could use some pants I can swim in. I'll be teaching Twilight how to swim and it would be nice to have some pants that won't get damaged by constantly getting wet."

"I think I can manage something like that. And speaking of Twilight, I've heard that the two of you had some nice time together in Sugarcube Corner" Rarity said as she smirked.

"SIGH*, another one... Listen, nothing happened between us and it wasn't a date, just some silly thing Pinkie made up." He replied.

Rarity kept her smirk. "Nothing happened you say? Then why have I seen you two almost kissing in front of Sugarcube Corner while you looked into each other’s eyes?"

Revan's face reddened and he looked towards her. "T-that was an accident! There's nothing between us. We're just friends, nothing more." He said as the mare continued to smirk.

"So... nothing at all, huh?"

"Nothing."

"Then why when I talked to our little Twily, she reacted the same way you did?"

"What do you mean?"

The mare chuckled. "She blushed like mad while denying that anything have happened, even though not really believing in that."

"But that's true Rarity. Nothing happened, we just fell on each other out of the accident. Can we please, get this done? Quite honestly I don't feel like standing here all day, wearing nothing more than a pair of boxers."

"Oh, alright. But I know that underneath that cloak of denial, you like her.” Her smirk returned, though now it was more subtle than before. “I don’t know why you would like her though, she obviously has nothing that a mare like me doesn’t.” She empathized by playing with her mane and posing in a way that almost screamed ‘I’m fabulous’.

Revan crossed his hands. “Well, if it will shut you up, I consider Twilight to be among the prettiest mares I’ve seen so far, with Rainbow a spot lower. No offence to you as a person, but I grew to hate your type of beauty.”

Rarity’s smirk disappeared. She was expecting him to defend Twilight, but not that he would state that Twilight is prettiest mare he had seen. She wasn’t offended by him not finding her as beautiful as most stallions do, but it was strange for her to hear that Twilight was prettier than she was. “Do you… really mean it?”

“Listen , I mean no offence but I just don’t think you are the beauty queen you make yourself out to be.”

“No, not that. The part about Twilight.”

“Well, yeah. What’s so strange about it?”

“Well, it’s just that… Oh, I completely forgot you’re not from Equestria. You have no idea what ponies find beautiful and what not, right?” Revan nodded. “Hmm, how to explain this…” She muttered under her nose. Oh, I know. “Let’s take Princess Celestia for instance. She ruled Equestria for few thousands of years, and through all this time she was loved by everypony, eventually growing to become the ultimate beauty standard. Now describe how she looks.”

“Alright. So, she has a bright white coat, long multicolor ethereal mane and tail, ass the size of the sun with fitting but-marks covering it, she’s really tall –at least as far as ponies go, long horn and muzzle aaaand… that’s about everything I recall.”

“Good, now describe Twilight’s looks.”

“She’s very small –almost lower than Mischief, has a dark purple mane and coat of lighter shade, muzzle no longer than average, she’s pretty skinny and… o-oh…”

“Flat flanks, short and blunt horn, not so long mane, small variety of colors in her coloration, and the list goes on. I was so surprised when you said that, because when it comes to the appearance, Twilight is… well, not so appealing. At least as far as we ponies see.”

Revan remained silent for a moment, thinking about it. Since he got here he has never actually thought about how ponies see each other, what they find attractive and what not. It was rather obvious that they viewed Celestia as the apogee of beauty, but the subject never came to his mind. Even during his and Twilight’s supposed date, he didn’t get an idea to ask about it. “You should tell her.” Rarity snapped him out of his thoughts.

“What?”

“You should tell Twilight when you’ll get a chance. I doubt she has ever heard those words from anypony who meant it. She will be really happy.”

He gave himself another moment of silent thinking. “I’ll… see what I can do.”

They spent next few minutes without much talking, Revan allowed Rarity to get all the measurements she needed, and she let him to think in silence. Sometime after 3PM they were about done with everything. “Well, that’s it, I still remember our talk about you and fashion so don’t worry about explaining all this to me again, I’ll manage. Now, I’d very much like to know where in the world is Sweetie Bell.” Rarity said.

She and Revan walked towards the door. Rarity opened them, walked out and squealed at what she saw in front of her. Her little sister curled in a ball, and lying in another fur ball made by Mischief . Sweetie was on the edge of sleep -not even noticing her sister, but Mischief was entirely different story. The moment Revan appeared in the doorway, the dog immediately stood up and run towards the human -knocking Sweetie off of him.

He hadn't came close enough to jump on Revan because the horrible amount of perfumes from the boutique prevented him from doing that, so instead he waited for Revan from a safe distance, constantly letting out happy barks and waving his tail. Revan hadn’t kept the dog waiting, and walked over to him. The moment he was in range, Mischief jumped on him and proceeded to lick the human’s face while Revan tried to keep his tongue away from his face as he patted the dog. “Alright, alright, I’m back.” Revan said.

Mischief run one happy circle around Revan before he noticed that Sweetie Belle was still lying on the ground. He run back to her, going ahead of Rarity who wanted to help her get up. Mischief of course was there first, and helped Sweetie with getting up. Mischief didn't know that, but ponies had a fold on back of their necks that is numbed from pain and allows parents to pick up their foals by grabbing their necks with their teeth. The second function of that spot was to make a foal feel safe.

Most adult ponies also had that spot, as a leftover from childhood -Revan knew that Twilight did. Not knowing any of this, Mischief gently grabbed Sweetie's neck and pulled her up. As a 'thank you' Sweetie petted his leg.

“Alright, care to explain what happened here when I was gone?” Revan asked, surprised by their behavior. He then noticed faint tear marks under her eyes. “And why were you crying? Did something bad happened?” Sweetie hesitated and her expression saddened, but Rarity walked over to her and hugged her. Revan also walked over to her and lowered himself and rested on one knee.

“Come on Sweetie, you can tell us.” Rarity said with a gentle voice.

“W-well, it was…” She trailed off.

“Come on, we won’t laugh, I promise.” Revan said.

Sweetie looked at them, Mischief walked over to her and gave her a encouraging lick to the face. She smiled but the sad expression quickly took over again. “A-alright, I’ll tell.” She said. “It was Diamond Tiara, she came here and started mocking me for not having my cute mark. She was calling me a failure, blank-flank and… a-and other things...”

A sole tear found a way out of her eye. In response rarity hugged her a bit tighter. “I-I started to cry, and she laughed at me, and then he stepped in.” She pointed at Mischief. “He chased her off and helped me get myself together.” She gave him another pat on the leg.

Revan and Rarity looked at the dog, Revan with a surprised look on his face and after a moment, chuckled. “I think we found your soft spot boy.” He patted the dog’s head. ”You seem to really like those ponies.” Shortly after that, Sweetie decided to go to the room she stays in when she’s living with her sister and Rarity along with Revan walked towards the town. Rarity because she needed to get some supplies to start the project, and Revan because he had nothing better to do.

Not so long after leaving the boutique, they noticed Applejack and Rainbow talking in the middle of the road. “…ah mean, for bucks sake, how can ya be the Element of Loyalty!?” They heard Applejack saying.

“Hey, what is it all about?” Revan asked as they approached.

“Oh, hey guys.” Rainbow said.

“Howdy ya all.” Applejack greeted. “Ah’m just questioning Rainbow’s position as the Element of Loyalty, that’s all.”

Revan raised an eyebrow. ”Some explanation please?”

“If I were to guess, Rainbow broke off with another stallion.” Rarity said.

Rainbow glared at her. “Come on guys, I’ve told you already that I almost never broke off with any stallion. They all always break off with me.”

“Yeah sure, an’ the fact that you’ve slept with more stallions than there are ponies in Ponyville had nothing to do with it.” Applejack stated, bringing Rainbow’s glaze on herself.

“Oh shut up AJ, you’re just angry because I slept with your brother.”

“Big Mac’s a big colt, he can take care of things. Ah’m angry because you’ve had so many coltfriends that you might as well have been dating a changeling all this time, and you are still the Element of Loyalty.”

“This sounds like you’re just jealous Applejack. Just because she can’t keep a relationship going, doesn’t mean she’s not loyal, just that she never found the right guy, or girl if she’s into that.” Rainbow frowned at Revan’s words. “Seriously though, I don’t know you guys all that long to say why you deserve the Elements you have, but for me that’s not important. As far as I’m concerned you’re just good friends and that’s all that matters.”

“And besides, I wouldn’t mind dating a changeling anyways.” Rainbow added. “I met that one kid when me and my class went for the trip to changeling’s kingdom sometime before they closed borders. He was a cool guy, shame I didn’t get to know him better.”

*HEAVY SIGH* “Alright, I’ll let go. For now at least. Now let’s go to that magic show I’ve been hearing about.” Applejack said and they all walked towards town’s center.

“What magic show?” Revan asked.

“Somepony hanged posters all over Ponyville at night. Apparently there’s some performer coming to the town so Rainbow an’ Ah wanted to see what is it all about.”

“Probably won’t be interesting, but it’s not like there’s much to do today.” Rainbow added.

“Mind if I tag along?” Raven asked.

“Sure, why not.” Applejack said.

“Then I’ll come too, I’ve ever seen a traveling performer and I always wanted to see one performing.” Rarity cut in.

“Yeah, whatever.” Rainbow said as they passed the town hall. “We’re almost there anyways, look.” She pointed at the crowd of ponies ahead. They were all gathered around a small booth. The group approached the crowd, Revan taking a spot on the back so that he won’t cover anypony’s view while Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow choose a spots right in front of the stage. He also saw Fluttershy standing with them.

Soon later, Twilight also approached the stage. “Hello Revan. What is going on here?”

“Hi, some traveling performer came to town but I honestly don’t know much, ask Applejack or Rainbow, they brought me here.” She nodded and walked forward to their friends. Soon after that, the stage emerged from the booth and exploded with fireworks, startling Revan and most of the crowd.

“Come one, come all! Come and witness the amazing magic of the Great and Powerful Trixie!”A voice ranged from the stage and as a flash of lights reviled a blue unicorn mare with silver mane and tail, wearing a wizard outfit. “Watch in awe as the Great and Powerful Trixie performs the most spectacular feats of magic ever witnessed by pony eyes!” More fireworks exploded in audience’s faces.

Revan had to admit it that visually it was quite impressive, but as years spend on playing video games thought him, ‘graphic is not everything’. Only time will tell is there more to this performance than nice visuals.

And as it turned out that there’s not much more. The rest of audience seemed to enjoy the show, so it may have been the fault of him seeing Twilight doing some amazing things during the fight against Nightmare Moon. Things that make teleporting a bouquet of flowers from behind the curtain look easy.

And that’s saying something, he read the book about teleportation spell for fun and tried to understand how it works. It took him 5 hours of analyzing what he read with Twilight as help, to understand what the first 50 pages of the book were about. And then he realized that this was just a stage of preparing to cast the more advanced spells, not the actual teleportation. The mechanics behind teleportation are so complex that they need an entire 200+ page book to describe it’s most common and simple version. Needless to say, he gave up on that.

And that is not much considering that teleportation is one of the easiest spells on advanced level. There are entire book series dedicated to one spell only. And to think about the way with which Twilight was able to make it all look easy is truly remarkable.

“Just because one has the ability to perform lots of magic does not make one better than the rest of us.” He heard Rarity say.

“Especially when ya got me around being better than the rest of us. *LAUGHTER*” The rest of the group didn’t seem to appreciate her comment. “Eh, I mean, yeah, uh, magic shmagic. Boo!”

“Well, well, well, it seems we have some neighsayers in the audience. Who is so ignorant as to challenge the magical ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie? Do they not know that they're in the presence of the most magical unicorn in all of Equestria?” Trixie triggered another wave of fireworks.

Revan heard Rarity say something but he couldn’t hear it. Spike also tried to say something, but Twilight interrupted him and took the dragon on the side of the audience, whispering something to the dragon.

Rainbow flew towards the stage, stopping right in front of Trixie. “So, ‘Great and Powerful Trixie’. What makes you think you're so awesome, anyway?” She said.

“Heh, why, only the Great and Powerful Trixie has magic strong enough to vanquish the dreaded Ursa Major!” Yet another wave of fireworks were released from the stage. Alright, this is getting boring. Also, defeating a fucking bear is an achievement for a Unicorn who can just lift it with a simplest of spells? I’ve put down that giant angry Bernard with my bare hands and survived having a car ride over my chest and never bragged about it.

This was enough to get the crowd exited though. “What?” Some fat kid said. “No way!” Another kid said.

“When all hope was lost, the ponies of Hoofington had no one to turn to, but the Great and Powerful Trixie stepped in, and with her awesome magic, vanquished the Ursa Major and sent it back to its cave deep within the Everfree Forest!” Trixie boasted.

“Sweet!” The two kids spoke out again. For some reason Revan already hated them. So did Mischief.

“That settles it.” The skinny one said.

„Trixie truly is the most talented, the most magical, the most awesome unicorn in Ponyville.” Fat one finished.

“No, in all of Equestria!” Spike tried to say something again but yet again Twilight had shut him up.

*LAUGHTER*“It's true, my enthusiastic little admirers. Trixie is most certainly the best in Ponyville.” From that moment Applejack and Rainbow slowly begun to get frustrated by Trixie’s constant boasting. After a while more of listening to it Applejack decided to a challenge the performer, but even though she has shown a far greater level of skill, Trixie received the crowd’s approval.

The same thing happened to Rainbow, who came to challenge Trixie after Applejack. “What we need is another unicorn to challenge her. Someone with some magic of her own.” Revan heard Spike saying, obviously implying that Twilight should go on the stage and show Trixie who the boss is.

“Yeah! A unicorn to show this unicorn who's boss.” Rainbow repeated his thoughts.

“A real unicorn to unicorn tussle.”Applejack agreed. It was clear though that Twilight had no intention to do it.

Luckily, Rarity was there to step in before Applejack and Rainbow could force Twilight on the stage. “Enough. Enough, all of you. I take your hint, but Rarity is above such nonsense. Rainbow Dash and Applejack may behave like ruffians, but Rarity conducts herself with beauty and grace.” She said, posing to empathize her point.

“Ooo, what's the matter? Afraid you'll get a hair out of place in that rat's nest you call a mane?” That hit her. Hard. And one should know that if you offend Rarity’s perfectly stylized, beautiful mane, you can expect that she will…

“Oh, it. Is. On! You may think you're tough with all of your so-called powers, but there's more to magic than your brutish ways. A unicorn needs to be more than just muscle. A unicorn needs to have style.”

…Dress up and pose for the crowd… No comment

“A unicorn is not a unicorn without grace and beauty.” She finished as Trixie smirked and lit up her horn. Soon enough her magic enveloped Rarity’s mane and made few ‘unimportant’ changes. At the sight of this, the crowd gasped. “Quick! I need a mirror! Get me a mirror! What did she do to my hair? I know she did something terrible to my hair!” She screamed in panic.

“Nothing.”

“It's fine.”

“It's gorgeous.“ They all lied.

“It's every hipster-hippie’s wet dream.” Revan commented. “What?”

It was at this moment, that Rarity realized she is capable of looking up, to see the horror Trixie just created. “Ugh, no. Green hair! Not green hair! *CRYING* Such an awful, awful color!” *MORE CRYING*

Rarity left the stage and run towards her house, probably to spend the rest of the day, fixing her mane. “Well Twilight, guess it's up to you. Come on, show her what you're made of.” Spike tried to encourage Twilight to go on stage again.

“What do you mean? I'm nothing special.” She replied, obviously uncomfortable about the whole thing.

“Yes, you are! You're better than her!”

“I'm not better than anyone.”

In this moment Trixie cut in. “Hah! You think you're better than the Great and Powerful Trixie? You think you have more magical talent? Well, come on, show Trixie what you've got. Show us all.”

„Who, me? I'm just your run-of-the-mill citizen of Ponyville. No powerful magic here. I, uh... I think I hear my laundry calling. Sorry, gotta go.” She run away. For a moment Revan was able to see her face, and it was clear that she was afraid of something. Since the show wasn’t all that interesting for him anyways, he decided to go check on her.

“And where do you think you’re going?” He almost tripped over as Rainbow stepped in front of him.

He looked at the mare and said. “To go check on her. This show bores me anyways.”

“No, it’s your turn now. Go on that stage an do some human thing to shut her up.”

“Oh, so you’re going to send your trained monkey to do your job? Humph, pathetic.” Trixie called out from the stage.

Revan ignored her comment and continued the conversation. “Why should I bother? It’s her damn job to show tricks and stuff, if you don’t like it just leave like I’m about to, it’s not like we’ve been paying for any tickets.”

“Aw, come on. Ah know you have some tricks she won’t beat, just go there an’ show her who’s the boss!” Applejack stood next to Rainbow.

“Yes, send your monkey. It will be entertaining to watch it trying to defeat the Great and Powerful Trixie.”

“Help us Revan! You’re our only hope!” Spike said after jumping on Applejack’s back and posing overdramatically.

After a few seconds of looking at the three of them, he finally broke. *SIGH* “Alright! I’ll do it.” He turned around and walked towards Vinyl. He called out to her, but considering the fact that her headphones were a pretty good isolator of the outside world she heard nothing. Luckily Octavia was there to remove the headphones from her sister’s ears. After dealing with short confusion caused by reconnecting with the rest of the world she turned her attention to Octavia, who pointed her to Revan.

“I need some music, you’ve got anything?” She was slightly confused, but nodded and took a small beatbox out of her saddle back. She connected it with another small box that was her music player as it being connected to her headphones would suggest. After few more seconds she pressed a button in top of the device and a surprisingly loud music, though the sound quality left much to be desired. “Alright, it will do.” He gave her thumbs up and walked towards the stage.

Since there was no stairs, he had to jump on the stage, and since he was supposed to perform, he decided to start from making an entrance. He turned around in front of the stage and placed his hands on it. Then, he jumped up, flipping back and landing on the stage. This brought a few surprised faces to the crowd, Trixie remained unimpressed though.

That quickly changed though, as the moment he was on the stage he begun to dance.

And to say that the crown was surprised was an understatement. Most ponies viewed him as a Minotaur, at least those who knew what Minotaurs are. And since Minotaurs are known for lack of any kind of dexterity and agility, Revan was automatically thrown into the same category.

And right now he was taking down all myths ponies created about his build. There were of curse ponies in Ponyville who knew better then to compare him to a Minotaur, like Rainbow, Twilight, Fluttershy and Octavia (Pinkie probably too), but still, they were surprised by his coordinated his moves were (at least those who were still there to see it).

In a corner of his eye, Revan could see that Trixie was attempting to do something, but with no results, eventually giving up entirely. Thank you, magic immunity.

The whole performance didn’t last for very long, but it was enough to shock most of the ponies. After Revan was done he looked at the crowd and Trixie. Their reactions were all the same after he jumped out of the stage, made a back flip and landed on the ground making a splits. All ponies, without an exception, were silent, with their mouths hanging open.

Revan got up and walked over to Rainbow. “Can I go now?” She didn’t acknowledge his presence at all, she was still glazing on the stage. Revan grabbed the bottom of her jaw with his hand and moved her head up and then down. “Thanks.” He said before leaving.


*KNOCK*KNOCK*KNOCK* Twilight heard knocking coming from the door. She sighed and turned away from her book. She got up and walked towards the door. “I think I made myself clear Spike, I don’t want to be a part of this. Don’t… O-oh! I’m sorry Revan, I thought it was Spike.”

“I think he’s still trying to put his jaw back on its place. Mind if I come in?”

“Of course not.” She stepped out of the doorway, making a space for him and Mischief to enter. Revan walked in with a lowered head and closed the door behind him. “Why are you here?”

“I was wondering why did you run away. I know it’s not because you lack the skill to put Trixie down, I know you’re quite powerful.”

“How can you tell? The most advanced spell I used in your presence was teleportation. That’s clearly within Trixie’s skill level.” She argued, though not very well.

Revan crossed his arms and rested against the wall, rising an eyebrow. “Seriously? You know that I was conscious when you were beating Nightmare Moon’s ass, right?”

“T-those spells weren’t all that powerful! She was already weakened and I could do this only because of that. Most Unicorns would manage.”

He looked at her with a blank look and walked over to her personal bookshelf. He pointed at one of books on the shelf. “Energy based offensive magic of 6th Magic Circle. Second only to 6th Circle’s Fire offensive spells. Both are illegal to use without a warrant given only to Unicorns who graduated Magic Academy with highest honors, only by Equestria’s Archmage, and signed by a Princess in presence of top military and political leaders, all of which can stop the whole process with one word if they have any doubt about your capabilities.

A Unicorn using any of 6th circle offensive spells without a warrant faces up to 2 years of jail time and permanent limitations of his or hers magic capabilities. You are the youngest Unicorn to ever receive the warrant, receiving it at the age of 17, while the previous record belonged to 43 year old stallion who’s been dead for almost one hundred years. Need I say anything more?”

She tried to find any words to answer, but she found none. She slowly lowered her head in defeat. Revan noticed that she was slightly trembling, so he walked over to her and lowered himself, resting on one knee. “What are you so afraid of?” He said with a gentle voice, placing a hand on her shoulder.

“B-being a show-off…” She whispered. “I never wanted others to think that I think I’m better than they are. A-and when I saw how girls reacted to Trixie’s boasting about her abilities, I-I don’t want them to hate me too. I don’t want you to hate me either, I can give that warrant back -I think, a-and there are ways to limit somepony’s magic, I’ll just-“ She didn’t finish as Revan pulled her into a hug.

“You know, for someone with IQ of over 200 you can be really dumb… and cute at the same time.” She didn’t respond, in fact she was completely paralyzed, with a slight blush on her muzzle. “No one’s gonna hate you Twilight. Just because you hold a lot of power doesn’t mean others will hate you for it. I know I don’t, and I’ve witnessed what you’re capable of on my own eyes. And I’m sure that the rest won’t hate you either, you have no reason to think they will.”

Then, after a short while, Twilight returned a hug and rested her head on Revan’s shoulder. “Thank you…” She said silently as Revan tightened the hug. The two remained like that for a while.

Eventually Twilight spoke up, though she didn’t break a hug. “Soooo, what about those swimming lessons?”

“I’ll have to wait until Rarity will make me pants that I can swim in.” He said. “Unless you want me to go naked.”

“I don’t see why not, I know that you humans have that strange taboo but we ponies just don’t care, and it’s not like I haven’t seen you naked before.” She replied, making Revan blush in response and after a short moment also laugh. ”What is it?” She rose her head off his shoulder, but her hooves remained wrapped around him.

“Well, it’s not every day I hear that a pretty girl was watching me naked.”

Twilight’s entire body went still when he said that and a large red blush covered her face. “P-pretty?” She asked with a shakily voice.

“Yeah, why is that surprise?” Of course he knew why, he just portended to not know.

“B-because I…I’m…”

“Because your coat is a bit darker then for most ponies? Because you’re cute and adorable beyond reason? Because you’re smart? Because your mane is soft and beautiful?” He run his fingers through her hair to empathize. “Because when someone looks in your eyes they can… get…” Words suddenly left him as Twilight looked him in the eyes. He felt her breath on his face and before any of them realized anything, their faces were slowly getting closer to each other, with their eyes still locked on each other.

And right before their lips touched, Spike run through the door. “Twilight! You have to go there and- what are you two doing?” They just realized what they were about to do and jumped away from each other with faces so red that they could be mistaken for tomatoes. “Never mind, Twilight come on, you need to show her.” He tried to push Twilight towards the door, with no results.

“Show who? Trixie?” Revan asked.

“Yes her. After you disappeared she begun to do what you were just… you know, better. And then she started offending you and Twilight and I just can’t take it anymore! Please Twilight, you’ve got to show her.” He begged.

“No Spike. What she’s doing is wrong, but it’s her job to entertain her audience, and when Rainbow and Applejack begun challenging her, they begun all this. I’m not going to try humiliating her just because I don’t like the way she acts.”

Spike quickly came over to Revan. “Please, I know you know more of those tricks, you can totally blow her off the stage.” He tried to tug him by the trousers. While Twilight had to brace herself to not let Spike push her towards the door, Revan barely even felt him pulling.

“Spike, I’m not going to go there and keep challenging her, in fact I shouldn’t have even let you persuade me into this thing in the first place. If you don’t like her show then nothing keeps you there, just leave. Or more like don’t go back, you already left.”

Spike was not pleased with the answer, but he wasn’t about to give up, there was after all someone else in the room. “Mischief, please, you have to come with me and show this show-off that you are better and that she should just shut up. Come.” He tried to encourage the dog to come with him, but Mischief was more interested in the horse statue in the middle of the library.

“Spike, just let go. She’s annoying, true, but she’ll be gone by tomorrow. There’s no reason to fret about her.” Revan said, trying to talk the dragon out of it.

“Humph, fine. If you won’t help me, I’m gonna find somepony else.” He walked out of the library.

Twilight and Revan looked at each other again, and now that they were alone again, their blushes returned. “So, eee… what did you mean when you said that you ‘shouldn’t have even let them persuade you into this thing’?” Twilight attempted to change the subject before it even begun.

“Oh, well… After you run away I wanted to go after you, but Rainbow, AJ and Spike talked me into the whole thing with showing that Trixie sucks. I sometimes like to dance, so I decided to show some stuff. Thought that I pretty much won the day, but as it turns out Trixie knows how to move as well.”

“I don’t think that any of you had much of a chance against her.”

“Why?”

“She’s an illusionist, and very good at what she does. I noticed that the way crowd was reacting to her performance was at moments unnatural, especially when Rainbow and Applejack took the stage, and run a quick scan on the spells she casts, and realized that she was using the illusions to make her performance look better.

You couldn’t see it, because of your magic immunity, and the rest of us, because of our inner magic disabling the effects of illusion. Basically, the entire crowd saw something different performance than we did. Probably the only reason why she even shows up on stage is in case that there’s a pony in the crowd who has magic strong enough to fight off the illusions.”

“So what you’re saying is, that no matter what we do she can just come back with something more that we are incapable of, without actually doing anything.”

“Not exactly, the big flow of her spells is that they work perfectly for as long as the ponies subjected to illusion’s effects don’t know it’s an illusion. If they do realize it, they will start to see things for what they really are.”

“Hmm, she’s pretty bright, I’ll give her that. Not as bright as you but-“ And in the moment when he thought they will be able to just forget about what almost happened a moment ago, he fucked up. Twilight looked away, with a blush on her face. “Y-you know, I wanted to try reading up that teleportation spell, maybe I’ll be able to make sense out of it this time.”

“The book is the s-same place it was before.” She replied, slowly turning towards the book she was reading before Revan came in, her face still reddened. Revan moved to the bookshelf right next to Twilight’s personal shelf and picked a heavy book with ‘Basics of Teleportation’ written on the cover. He sat on the couch on the opposite side of the library to where Twilight sat. He opened the book on the first page, but as soon as he looked on the solid wall of text, his eyes quickly drafted to more interesting things, like Twilight’s flanks.

God damn it, I think I like her…


For next hours the two remained silent, only occasionally looking at each other, though each time they quickly looked away blushing. Twilight looked at the clock hanging on the wall above her. She then looked at the book in front of her, or more precisely the number of the page she was stuck on. I read 4 pages in 6 hours!? How did that happened!?

Of course she knew the answer. Come on Twilight, you don’t have a crush on him. You don’t have a crush on him. You don’t have a crush on him. You- She made a mistake of looking at him. He was still holding the same book and from the looks of it he haven’t read much of it either. In fact he also wasn’t reading at the moment. Every time he reads a book he closes his red eye, he said it was somewhat damaged and it makes it hard to read without glasses.

Right now both of his eyes were opened and barely focused on anything, as if he was deep in thought. His right hand petted Mischief’s head and she remembered how it felt when he run fingers through her mane. Needless to say she hoped he will do it again. I… I totally have a crush on him… Before that thought took her anywhere else, Spike run into the library again.

“Twilight! Revan! You've gotta come! Quick!” The young dragon yelled in panic.

“I already told you, Spike, I don't wanna show up Trixie!” Twilight replied.

“No, you don't understand, it's-“ Before he could finish the explanation, a loud roar rang through the library.

“What the fuck was that?” Revan asked, not sure did he wanted to know the answer.

“A very major problem…”

Immediately, Revan stood up and rushed towards the door with Mischief and Twilight close behind. He pushed the handle down and opened the door with his elbow. They run out of the library, not bothering to close the door behind them. They heard a roar again and run in its direction. Even though Revan was easily more physically fit, Twilight was still faster on short distances thanks to her natural biology. She run ahead of him and for a few seconds was able to keep the lead, but she was more suited to channel magic for long periods of time rather then run in a marathon, so she was quickly forced to slow down.

As they were getting closer to the source of the roar, they run into a crowd of ponies running away in fear, with no intention to slow down and avoid crushing into them. Revan grabbed Twilight by midsection and jumped over the small crowd, letting the blushing Twilight back on the ground as he landed. They saw 2 kids from earlier standing in the middle of the street and smiling like idiots and approached them. “What's going on?” Twilight asked.

“We brought an Ursa to town.” The fat one said and they both smiled again, as if they did something great for the community.

“You what!?!”

“Don't worry, the Great and Powerful Trixie will vanquish it.” The skinny one said.

They both turned to their ‘hero’. “I can't.” Figures… Revan thought.

“What!?” Two dumbasses said.

“I can't, I never have. No one can vanquish an Ursa Major. I just made the whole story up to make me look better.”

“Made it up!?”

Another roar rang through the town and the moment they turned around, they all saw the Ursa itself. At first Revan thought they provoked a bear and brought it to the town, but now he saw how terribly wrong he was. The Ursa was four stories high, blue monstrosity with mouth filled with gigantic fangs and anger. “Przejebane…” He said under his nose as he stared at the Ursa.

He looked all around, only to see ponies petrified by fear, including Rainbow. “Revan…” He heard Twilight saying as the Ursa came closer. “C-can you keep it busy? I need time to channel magic.”

He looked at the Ursa again and then back at the ponies. None of them have moved and the Ursa was ready to tear the town apart in fury. So he did the most illogical thing to do. He picked up a rock and threw it at Ursa.

The rock hit it right under the eye and concentrated the Ursa’s fury on him. Revan run towards the Ursa as fast as he could, stopping right before its maws crushed him. He changed the direction and run towards the Ursa’s side. Before it managed to lift its massive head from the ground, Revan was already on its side and ready to throw another rock at the monstrosity.

A throw that he luckily didn’t have to make as he heard a song coming from the river nearby. The Ursa heard it too and apparently it was calming it down. He looked at Twilight, who’s horn was glowing with almost blinding purple light. As her horn kept glowing brighter, Revan noticed that Ursa was falling asleep, and as it was ready to fall over he noticed that Trixie was on the opposite side of the Ursa. Right when it was about to fall over. He rushed towards her as fast as he could, running below the Ursa. He pushed Trixie away, but fell on the ground by doing so.

He tried to get up, but it was clear that he won’t avoid being crushed by Ursa’s body. Luckly, before that happened, the Ursa’s body was enveloped by Twilight’s magic and levitated to the Everfree. Revan looked at her again, she was barely holding her magic at bay, and was slightly dug into the ground. Few seconds later she let go of the spell and almost fell on the ground from exhaustion.

Immediately, the surrounding ponies cheered for her, preventing her from falling asleep. “Unbelievable!” Rainbow said.

“That was amazing!” Spike added.

“Heavens to Betsy! We knew you had ability, but not that much!” Applejack commented.

“I'm sorry. Please, please don't hate me.” Twilight’s fear came back, she was back in panic mode.

They all looked shocked at her saying that. “Hate you!?” They all said together.

“Why, whatever do you mean, darling?“

“Well, I know how much you all hated Trixie's showing off with her magic tricks, and I just thought-“

Rainbow decided to cut in before Twilight finished the sentence. “Whoa, whoa, whoa. Magic's got nothing to do with it. Trixie's just a loudmouth.”

Most unpleasant.” Rarity added.

“All hat and no cattle.” Applejcak summed it all up.

“So, you don't mind my magic tricks?”

“Your magic is a part of who you are, sugarcube, and we like who you are. We're proud to have such a powerful, talented unicorn as our friend.” Applejack said, bringing a smile to Twilight’s face.

“And after whuppin' that Ursa's hindquarters, we're even prouder.” Rainbow added to the argument.

Revan approached her from behind. “I told you they won’t hate you for that. You are too good friends for something like that.” He placed a hand on her back. She immediately tensed up and blushed, earning smirks from Rainbow and Rarity. He quickly moved his hand away.

“How'd you know what to do with that Ursa Major?” Spike asked.

Twilight answered with a mild blush still visible on her face. “That's what I was doing when you came looking for me. I was so intrigued by Trixie's bragging that I was compelled to do a little reading up on them.

”So it is possible to vanquish an Ursa Major all by yourself?”

“That wasn't an Ursa Major. It was a baby, an Ursa Minor.” She said with a small smirk.

All ponies were shocked by that reveal, and so was Revan, but one pony was especially shocked. “That was just a baby?”

“And it wasn't rampaging. It was just cranky because someone woke it up.”

Revan noticed that the two morons responsible by the whole ordeal trying to sneak away. Before they got the chance to react, he grabbed the folds on their necks and lifted them both up. “And where do you two think you’re going?”

“U-um…” The fat one trailed off. “To mommy?” Skinny one answered. Revan wasn’t intending to listen to them anyways so he went back to the crowd. He saw that Trixie triggered a smoke bomb and run away.

“Why, that little...”

Twilight stopped Dash mid air. “Just let her go. Maybe someday she'll learn her lesson.” She turned towards Revan, or more precisely two idiots hanging on his hands. “Now, about you two…” He gave them a stern look.

*NERVOUS LAUGH* “ Uh, we're sorry that we woke up the Ursa Minor.” Fat one said.

“We just wanted to see some awesome magic.” Skinny one said.

“Yeah! And the way you vanquished that Ursa Minor was awesome!” She kept her soul-piercing glaze on them. “We deserve whatever punishment you give us…”

“For starters, you can clean up this mess. And... What do you think Revan?” She looked at the human.

He looked at the two and smirked. “Community service?”

She smirked back. “Community service it is.”

It was that moment when her eyes begun to roll back and her body gave up and fell on the ground. “Twilight!” Everyone yelled. Revan dropped the two idiots on the ground and rushed to her, grabbing her head right before it hit the ground.

“Twilight, are you alright? Say something.”

“Mmmmm… Yes, I would like more homework for the winter break...” She mumbled and begun to snore cutely, with even cuter smile on her face.

“Well, I guess you better take your princess to her castle. You wouldn’t like it if she slept on the ground would you.” Rainbow teased him. Meanwhile, Twilight’s hoof found Revan’s neck and she hugged him in her sleep.


With no intention of letting him go any time soon.


Especially not until the morning...

Author's Note:

The longest chapter yet, and I'm not sure if I'm going to try beat that, 4-5k words is a perfect length of a chapter for me.

And on the other note, I've made some changes in the time line of the episodes from the show, you can expect me to do something like that, I tend to change plans as I go. The link ishere


...his eyes quickly drafted to more interesting things, like Twilight’s flanks.

I hope there are no feminists reading this, they would label Revan as a rapist.


Song of a day: Apocalyptica - I Don't Care