• Published 6th Apr 2015
  • 10,072 Views, 507 Comments

Ponyville Police Department - Omega6047



Policeman and his dog are trying to survive in pony society.

  • ...
72
 507
 10,072

15. The Park

--Chapter 15--
The Park

Upon closing the library’s door, Revan began his walk towards Ponyville’s park, where according to Pinkie he could find the Unicorn who was stalking him since he woke up in the hospital – Lyra Heartstrings. He wasn’t really mad at her for this, but at the same time it was beginning to annoy him. Most of the town was looking at him with interest, but none of them would go as far as sit in a bush with a camera, or hide on a roof and try to steal some of his hair.

To be honest this is something he would see Twilight do.

And on a subject of Twilight. The ‘date’ they had, made him slightly confused as to where his relations with the nerdy Unicorn stood. The last words he said to her were not exactly a joke as it might have been understood. He actually meant it. He really enjoyed spending time with her, more than he did on most of his previous dates in fact. There was also the fact that it seemed like Twilight was starting to at least think about more than friendship with him. She definitely appeared to enjoy their little time together and seemed almost disappointed that they left.

That, along with the way she was looking at him before, gave him pretty good idea as to what was going on in that purple head of hers. One question was left to answer however. Had he wanted more?

Noticing that he was already in the park he pushed this question aside, leaving it for later. Immediately he began to search for the aqua Unicorn. Except him there were few ponies walking around the park, some with their pets or friends, other just chilling out on their own. There was however no Lyras to be seen anywhere.

Which doesn’t mean that none could be heard.

The moment he crossed the bridge in the middle of park, he heard someone playing on the instrument the Unicorn he was looking wore imprinted on her butt. He followed the sound and shortly he stood behind the bench where the aqua colored Unicorn was playing on her lira, completely oblivious to his presence.

The way she was sitting on the bench certainly was not good for her back. The bones in her legs also looked questionable, she was bending them like human would and sitting in the same manner. This however, was not holding his attention for long. He quickly returned his focus back to her instrument. She was holding it with her hooves, but she wasn’t using them to play, she used her horn to magically manipulate strings.

Revan was by no means an expert when it comes to classical music, and neither was he a fan of it, but it was clear that the mare had some serious skill with the instrument and could compete with the best. Every now and then somepony would stop to listen and sometimes throw a coin into a bag that lied on the ground. From the looks of it she had luck this day.

He decided not to interfere, and instead simply sat under the tree behind her and listened. Mischief shortly followed his example and lied down next to him. Like earlier today, Revan began to pet the dog’s head while he watched the unicorn. Lyra continued to play for a few more minutes and while Revan couldn’t honestly say he liked it, he couldn’t call it lost time either. Before she got off the bench, Revan reached to his pocket and took a bit out of it.

Since he was pretty much forced to leave his world, he was considered an immigrant and thus he was given some money from country as well as didn’t have to pay any taxes for half a year (could be extended one year if he would have no job by then, but the moment he gets hired he must pay; not that he had to bother about it).

The moment Lyra jumped off the bench, he stood up and threw the coin into the bag before she picked it up. “Thanks!” she called out without turning to see him. Lyra picked up the bag and then turned in his direction, dropping the bag on the ground the moment she saw him. All coins from the bag were spilled on the ground around her.

For a few moments she looked at him with wide eyes and mouth hanging open. “So… you are Lyra Heartstrings huh?” Revan spoke, making a slow step forward.

After a moment of hesitation she replied. “Y-yes, t-that’s me.” She said with a shaky voice.

He took few more steps forward and kneeled in front of her; she took a large step back. “Mind explaining why were you stalking me for the past week?” He said as he picked up her bag and began to collect the money from the ground.

“W-well, you see…” She looked like she was about to run away, but before she did so, she calmed herself down and spoke. “Alright, I guess I owe you explanation for that.” Revan finished collecting her bits and passed the bag to her. “Thank you. Now, it all begun about a month ago when my grandfather took me and my brother on one of his archeology explorations. He managed to talk his boss into giving us both a temporary jobs as assistants and the area we were exploring was easy enough for newbies, we both needed some money and the previous assistants got sick or something.

Skipping long time of boring digging around, we eventually found a cave with few piles of bones inside. Naturally, we tried to compare them to any creature we know about, but we found nothing. There were also some primitive tools around the cave, indicating that what we have found was somewhat sapient. Anyways, the reason why I was… observing you… is because you have the exact same build as the bones after we’ve put them together. Upright stance, five digits on upper and lower limbs, etc.

When I saw you in the hospital, I immediately realized this and… well you know what I did. Sorry if I offended you." She finished.

Revan thought about what she just said. There were only two ways for human bones to be found in Equestria. First, humans somehow were sent her in the past, which is unlikely since they would have to find a way to avoid connecting dimensions which is even less likely considering they appeared to be on prehistoric level of development. The other possibility, the one he favored, was that humans actually existed in Equesteria, but for some reason went extinct.

He didn’t know why they would die out, but at the same time was interested in finding out. “Well, I understand why you were stalking me, and to be honest now I want to know more about the subject myself, so if you or your grandfather will need any help, you can count on me.”

Lyra’s face lighted up as she looked at him. “Really? You mean you would allow us to compare you with the bones we found?” And the other scientific stuff I have no idea about but grandpa knows.

“Yeah sure.” She smiled enthusiastically. “At least as long as you will stop stalking me. Not only is it annoying, but you were taking it a few steps too far.”

She looked down. “I know, I’m really sorry about it.”

“Hey, it’s alright, I’m not mad or anything. That ‘s was in the past and besides, it’s not like you hid cameras in Fluttershy’s toilet to document my defecation habits, right?” Suddenly, everything went quiet, even birds stopped singing. “Right?”

“Um…Y-yeah! That would be totally stupid, why would you think I did such a thing? *NERVOUS LAUGH* Now, all that talking about toilets really made want to go to one. Preferably Flutershy’s, so see ya!” Before anything more could be said, Lyra’s horn glowed and she disappeared from the park.

It took Revan a moment to understand what just happened.

“ŻE CO KURWA!?!? (SAY WHAT!?!?)” Without thinking he run straight to Fluttershy’s cottage.


Upon arriving to his target he was all covered in sweat and panting like mad, Mischief –who half way through began to fall behind- was doing the same. He stopped in front of the door and knocked loudly. “Fluttershy, are you there!?” There was no answer. There was however a loud sounds of furniture falling on the ground and of a screaming pony coming from the inside.

He opened the door and walked inside, only to have a small green something land on his face. “Come back here you little…” He heard Fluttershy call. The green thing disappeared from his face, only to be replaced by the yellow Pegasus, this time he fell on the ground. He recognized the pony as Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy, what are you do-“ She ignored him and run back into the house, accidently stepping on his crouch *PAIN*. He managed to get up, and get a good look on the situation. Fluttershy was running around her house chasing a small reptile who was jumping around like master Yoda. The other animals inside the cottage were paying it no attention, as if that was a norm .

As interesting as the sight was, he had other things in mind. He rushed to the toilet door and opened them with a quick move. Immediately he noticed a bag full of cameras lying inside of the room, but what really got his attention was a pair of green hooves sticking out of ventilation vent. In a moment he walked over there and grabbed one of them, pulling out a surprised unicorn. He held her upside-down with one hand. He held his hand high enough to look her in the eyes.

*NERVOUS GIGGLE* Hi! Fancy meeting you here…” She charged her horn in attempt to teleport away. Before she had managed to do so however, Revan shoved one of his nails under the base of her horn. A trick he had learned while studying a more advanced book about pony biology and anatomy. According to it, Unicorn horns had somewhat of a venting system around bases of their horns, and if this system would be disabled, a Unicorn loses a casting ability. Magic inhibiting rings use that to cut of Unicorn’s magic.

That move wasn’t enough to cut of Lyra’s magic, but it did well with disrupting her spell. Revan looked at her again, this time with anger. “A-am I in trouble?”


“Thank you so much for offering to me clean this up Lyra, this really helped me to get some time for tea.” Said Fluttershy while taking a small slip. “Of course, I’m also sorry for making the mess in the first place.”

Lyra didn’t answer, she was busy with trying to put the fallen wardrobe back in place.

“If you don’t mind me asking, why you’re not using your magic? This would have made things faster, wouldn’t it?” The Unicorn opened her mouth to speak, but Revan answered for her.

“It doesn’t matter why, what matters is that she WILL put that wardrobe back in place, she WILL clean all of your animals’ beds, she WILL feed them, she WILL remove all unwanted image preserving items in this cottage. And she WILL do all that without the use of magic and with no outside help. And she will do this, because she knows what I won’t do otherwise.” Fluttershy nodded , taking a slip of tea along with Revan, while Lyra grew more and more frustrated. “So what was that whole thing with alligator about?”

Revan pointed at the small reptile who was lying tied up on the table, licking his eye. Shouldn’t that hurt?. While he was busy talking to Lyra in the toilet, Mischief joined Fluttershy in her chase after the alligator, quickly turning the tables, and eventually showing Revan his new squeaking toy. “Oh, I’m sorry if I scared you. This is Gummy, Pinkie’s pet. He showed up shortly after you left and I thought he needed help, but then he begun to jump around and almost fell to the mixer and I got scared and he just kept jumping around and I got angry and began to scream and he just kept jumping and then he disappeared and then reappeared and I just kept getting angry and-“ Revan pushed his hand into her mouth.

“Alright, alright, I get it, no need to rant about it.” He freed her mouth and realized something. “Wait. THIS is Gummy?” She nodded. “But I thought she sent her boyfriend or something to deliver the message, not her pet.”

“A message? What message?” In the instant, Gummy puked out a small scroll in plastic bag. “Ewww… you kept that in your mouth for all this time.” She carefully reached for the bag and pulled the scroll out of it, luckily it was untouched by alligator’s fluids.

“Dear Fluttershy, don’t worry about Revi, I’ve set up a date for him and Twili.” She read out loud. “Hm, I was wondering how long it will take her to get to you.”

“What do you mean? We’re not the only ones she’s set up the date for?”

“Far from it. It’s been her hobby lately, half of the new couples in Ponyville were started by her. She even tried to set up one for me, but… it didn’t really worked out.”

“Well, who did you go out with?”

She didn’t answer for a few seconds, looking down on the floor and biting her lip. “A-applejack’s brother… Big Mac.”

“No idea who that is.” Revan finished his cup of tea and took another one from the table. “Well, how was it?”

“I…I guess ‘quiet’ is the best word to describe it.” She said. “What’s surprising, I did most of the talking, not that there was much of it anyway.”

Before Revan could reply, they both heard a frustrated growl. “I give up!” Revan and Fluttershy turned in the direction of the sound. Lyra was standing there, in front of the wardrobe which was still lying in the same place it was before. “There’s no way I can lift that thing without magic!” She said to them with a whining voice.

Fluttershy was ready to go there and help her, but before she got up Revan stopped her. “Sure you can, just be smart about it.” He said to Lyra.

“You’re not helping, you know?”

“Just think about it for a moment. Why can’t you lift that wardrobe?”

“Because it’s too heave and somepony doesn’t let me use my magic.” She said dryly.

“And what would make it easier to lift?”

“Levitating it? Being an Earth Pony?” Frustration in her voice grew.

“No, removing the contains, and if that won’t be enough, make a leaver, all components you can find around. Now get back to work.” He took another slip of a tea and looked at the clock on the wall. “Alright, I gotta go to Rarity’s, I promised I’d be there to help her with her job and I’m already late.” He drunk all that was left in the cub and got up. “Don’t even think about getting away from your job, I’ll know if you will.” He said to Lyra as he pointed at the bookshelf. Or more precisely on what was hidden between the books.

“In fact…” He grabbed Mischief’s leash and plugged it into the dog’s collar. “Mischief’s going to make sure you don’t run away.” He said as he tied the leash around her barrel despite her protest. “Mischief, guard.” He said and the dog sat next to Lyra. Despite Mischief’s general fear of leaving Revan, if given a command to guard something he will fulfill it to the best of his ability; at least as long as there was someone he knew nearby. Something Revan managed to learn him not so long before his little adventure begun.

“See ya!” With that said, he left the cottage again.

Author's Note:

For the first time since I begun writin that fic, when I want to make a short chapter, it is acctualy short. :yay:


Song of a day: Dry Cell - So Long Ago