• Published 30th Mar 2015
  • 2,982 Views, 46 Comments

What a Pinkamena Surprise - xXConstant_iNSaNiTYXx



Twi botches a spell and splits one Pinkie into three Pinkies. But two Pinkies aren't quite like the original.

  • ...
1
 46
 2,982

Pondering

Twilight paced back and forth around the cold floors of her castle. She was trying to figure out what exactly went wrong with the duplication spell. It was supposed to have an effect somewhat similar to the mirror pool incident, be it with a hopefully, less dire result. But it hadn't done that. Oh it duplicated the pink mare alright. But not the way Twilight had hoped. Pinkamena and Surprise. They were supposed to be exact copies. Clones even. They appeared to one in the same with Pinkie. Sharing similar memories, and appearances. However, their attitudes were quite the enigma. Pinkamena was moody, sensitive, kind of rude, and sort of depressed all the time. While Surprise on the other hoof, was at least five times more random and energetic than Pinkie. Before she had met Surprise, Twilight wouldn't have thought that impossible. But seems she would have been mistaken. And though not exactly like her pink friend, Twilight felt she knew these failed clones already. Almost as if they had met before. That just couldn't be so. It wasn't possible... or was it? Twilights head hurt thinking so much about Pinkie Pie.

Twilight, still pacing back and fourth, muttering to herself and contemplating the un-contemptible. Was racking her brain until she was barged in upon by her number one assistant, Spike.

"Hey Twilight. Thought we agreed... No more pacing around like this." Noppony would be able to tell if this small purple dragon was annoyed, or concerned. Perhaps a little of both.

"Oh, sorry Spike." Twilight stopped dead in her tracks and smiled.

"What's the matter?" Asked Spike curiously.

"Oh, nothing." Twilight lied. "Just thinking about some magic stuff. A spell I cast may have back fired."

"Wouldn't be the first time." Spike rolled his eyes. But ceased with the attitude when Twilight shot him a dirty look.

"I don't know what to do Spike." Twilight sounded very hopeless. "I mean, it doesn't seem like this little failure is hurting anyony. The spell hasn't caused anything disastrous yet. But its magic! You never know what may happen." Twilight made an adorable pouty face.

"Well... if you don't know," Spike suggested, "why not ask somepony who might?"

Twilight perked up instantaneously. "Spike, your a genius!"

"Awww... I know." Like that dragon needed an ego boost.

Twilight spread her wings and prepared to lift off, she glanced over at Spike, and motioned him to hop on. Spike jumped up on the Alicorns back, and held on tight.

"So where are we heading?" Twilight, ignored her assistants question, much to Spikes displeasure, and took of through an open window.

Twilight sped through Ponyville, turning left, then turning right. Though Twilight had gotten a hang of flying, Spike still wasn't much for air travel. And boy did he wish he hadn't eaten that ruby earlier. Twilight flew through Ponyville, then exited it. She wasn't visiting anypony near by, that was for sure.

"Ohhh," Spike said, "We're going to Princess Celestia." He said it as if it were the most blatant and obvious thing

"Not quite." Twilight smirked.

Spike made an expression, similar to a "man I hate being wrong." and a, "Then where in Tartarus do you have us heading lady!"

Twilight picked up on Spikes current emotions and rolled her eyes, "Just be patient, grumpy butt." She flapped her wings harder, propelling her closer to her destination.

"The Everfree forest?... Ohhh.. Zecora, right?"

Twilight nodded. Zecora was no stranger to odd and foreign magic, she would likely know what to do. Twilight hoped she wouldn't have to do a thing. She had said the little misshape hadn't harmed anyone or anything yet. Twilight hoped it could stay that way. But why did she have a bad feeling filling the pits of her stomach, and the back of her mind? She shrugged of the negative thoughts as she gently landed in the front entrance of the Everfree forest. She looked into the dark of the forsaken forest, then took her first step into it.

A very, very focused and content Zebra meditated silently. Slowly chanting what would appear to be a spell, only nothing was happening. Perhaps they were songs from her home land. Anyponies guess would have been as good as another's. Zecora took a deep breath and began to quietly say,

"Shri gauri nandana deva siddhi pradhaayaka" Over and over again. So calm, so quiet, no distractions. It was then that the Zebra was distracted by a knocking at her door. She huffed in frustration, and went to open the door. Not many ponies visited the Zecora, so she could only assume that her unannounced guest was her dearest little Apple Bloom. When she opened the door however, she was greeted by none other that the princess of friendship, and her purple companion Spike.

"Ahh, Twilight." Zecora smiled, "I always welcome friends in my home. For what might have you come here alone."

"I'm just a little confused about something involving magic, and I was wondering if you could help me out."

Zecora nodded. "Well of course my dearest Twilight. To help you with this dilemma would be my delight."

Twilight smiled and trotted inside the hut.

Twilight sipped at her scalding hot tea, as she explained her situation to the Zebra in front of her. Twilight had noted that nothing bad had happened up to that point. Hopefully it could stay this way. But she just wanted to make sure.

After Twilight had finished telling the days events to Zecora, she sat there waiting hesitantly for the zebras reply. Zecora shook her head and looked up sadly at her guest. She sighed.

"Twilight it is with a heavy heart, I tell you only bad will come from our new counterparts."


To be continued

Author's Note:

Hello everybody xXConstant_iNSaNiTYXx here.
Sorry its been a while since the last update. But now here is the next chapter of "What a Pinkamena Surprise." now including... Cliffhangers! HAHAHA :pinkiecrazy:
Anyways. The next chapter will be focused on our trio of "counterparts" as Zecora calls them. And will be finishing the introductions for the mane six. Then we'll hear what Zecora has to say.
The anticipation, IT HURTS!
But until then, see you guys around. :raritywink:

Comments ( 9 )

A spell a cast may have back fired.

A spell I cast may have back fired.

Good chapter though!

5966752
I'll be sure to fix that :twilightsmile:
And thank you my good sir... Madame?
Thank you fellow mlp fan :derpytongue2:

5966975 I'm a guy, my name is AandWguy

DARN IT!!! THE CLIFFHANGERS!!!

Like the story, keep' em comin!(I hope the counterparts survive...)

Judging from the comments, you will have a riot of two people if you get rid of the counter parts!

Hello everypony. I would just like to say thank you for reading and enjoying "What a Pinkamena Surprise." It's my first fic, but as you may have noticed, I've been working on It less and less.
I'm going to be putting the story on a short break so I can work on other projects.
I'll still be working on this, but It is likely gonna be one of the longer stories on this page, and I'd like to get to work on some other (shorter) stories.
This is only temporary, and won't last too long. Just a short hiatus. And I don't mean short as in months and months.
I'll be working on other projects for... Maybe the next month... maybe a month and a half.
But I digress. While "What a Pinkamena Surprise" is on this short break. I welcome you to check out some of my other stories.
I currently have two more stories posted, both of which are completed. Those would be "Comfort for stormy nights." and "Equestria ships."
Thank you everypony and have a wonderful month or so of the wps hiatus. (Wps, What a Pinkamena Surprise)
:moustache:

Comment posted by xXConstant_iNSaNiTYXx deleted Jul 3rd, 2015

Hey everypony! Dim here ^-^
I'm treating this review as a send off- I have a deep feeling that it won't be continued... Or maybe it will? Hard to say for sure but it's been five years:fluttercry:
and I read this years ago, and revisited. In my opinion, I'm fine if this doesn't continue. The cliff hanger was set up as if the author knew no conclusion would transpire. This is very ambiguous and open ended, it's a shame such a great story was set up; only to have it left to US to end it. Thanks for this lovely story. I adore hidden gems and this won't be forgotten!

8.5/10 the deliberate grammar errors weren't cute and it got old pretty quick.

Is this the END of the GREAT story:applecry:??? Really sad:pinkiesad2:.

Login or register to comment