• Published 30th Mar 2015
  • 2,980 Views, 46 Comments

What a Pinkamena Surprise - xXConstant_iNSaNiTYXx



Twi botches a spell and splits one Pinkie into three Pinkies. But two Pinkies aren't quite like the original.

  • ...
1
 46
 2,980

What a Pinkamena Surprise

Pinkie and Twilight looked at their guests, mouths wide open. An awkward silence filled the atmosphere. When Pinkamena finally decided to break the silence.

"Umm.. hello? Are we having some kind of silent staring contest or some crap?" A rude tone filling her voice.

Surprise was second to speak. "OH! OH! Are we?!?" She exclaimed excitedly. "Ok, ok... READY SET GO!"

Pinkamena rolled her eyes in annoyance. "No you thick-headed bag of A.D.D."

"A thick headed what?" Surprise asked.

Pinkmena brought her hoof to her face. "Yknow, simpleminded?"

"Huh?" Surprise raised an eyebrow.

"Eres muy estúpido." Pinkamena answered dully.

"Huh?" Surprise repeated.

"Sigh" "You can't think good."

"OOOOOHH..." "wait a minute." Surprise was about to say something denying Pinkamena's claims but was interrupted by Pinkie Pie.

"There... are... THREE ME'S! This is AMAZING!" Pinkie was practically bouncing off the walls with excitement.

Pinkie was bounding around the room, a massive smile plastered across her face. Surprise joined Pinkie in her excited hopping.
Pinkamena was looking more peeved by the second.

"Oh good Celestia, its like annoyance in stereo."

Things continued like this for a good couple of minutes before Twilight spoke up.

"Well... um...my name is Twilight Sparkle. What did you say your name was." Twilight offered a hoof shake to Pinkamena. But rather than complying with Twilights polite gestures, she simply turned her head away and flatly answered.

"Pinkamena."

Twilight raised her brow. "Pinkamena?"

"What about it?" Pinkamena barked.

"Nothing, its just, that's my friend Pinkie's name. (She goes by Pinkie for short.)" Twilight decided she should be careful with what she said. She hadn't said anything, for she didn't want to be rude. But she had taken notice of Pinkamena's rather foul attitude from the start.

"Yes well, I don't go by Pinkie for short. And you'd better not ever refer to me with such a ridiculous name."

Twilight gulped. "well... ok then." She said slowly, turning her attention to Surprise.

"And what might your name be?" Twilight was hoping for a better reception from this mare then she had gotten from miss Pinkamena.

"My name is Surprise! Great name huh? See, my momsy and popsy weren't expecting a foal with such bright flashy colors. MUCH LESS, a Pegasus pony. And they were SUPER DUPER surprised when they got me! And that's why my name is Surprise." The snow white Pegasus finished with an even bigger smile then when she had started. Twilight wasn't sure how it was even possible for that pony to get a bigger grin.

"Wait.." Twilight thought to herself for a moment. "Pinkie, Pinkamena, and Surprise?" Twilight directed her attention towards Pinkie.
"Pinkie, didn't you say your parents were originally going to name you Surprise. But changed it to Pinkie, or Pinkamena rather?'

"Yes Indeedy!" Pinkie beamed.

Twilight turned to their new guests. "If you don't mind, may I ask where you two grew up."

"A rock farm towards outter Equestria." Twilight brought a hoof to her chin. "And what about you miss Pinkamena? Did you too grow up a rock farm?"

"No dip Sherlock." Pinkamena huffed.

"Hmmmm." Twilights interest had be peaked. "And, just out of curiosity... do either of you have a sister named Maud?"

Both Pinkamena's and Surprise's ears pricked. "How'd you know?" Surprise asked curiously. "Call it intuition." Twilight answered with a smug smile.

Pinkamena wasn't buying it. You could see it all over her face.

Twilight sighed. "Let me explain, I just used a duplication spell on my good friend Pinkie Pie."

"Hello!" Pinkie shouted cheerfully.

"Anyways," Twilight continued. "The spell was supposed to make exact duplicates of her. But instead you two happened. Something I couldn't put my hoof on."

"Are you going somewhere with this?" Demanded the dark pink earth pony.

"Let me finish." Twilight said trying to sound polite. But one could easily hear the annoyed undertones in her voice.

"I've noticed for quite some time that Pinkie can and will go through some major... *cough* mood swings. I theorize that's where you two come in. Perhaps when I attempted to duplicate Pinkie, rather then creating exact copies. I created the manifestations of her personality. Or, at least broke them apart into their own beings. I thought Pinkamena over here looked familiar. Why? simple. When Pinkie feels sad, angry, betrayed, or something along those lines. She almost instantly goes from Pinkie to, well.... Pinkamena. I can only assume the same goes for Surprise. Only in reverse. Though I admit I've never seen Pinkie spontaneously sprout wings. I imagine her Surprise shows when she's extremely over joyed.

Everypony had stopped what they were doing to listen to Twilights lecture. After a good few seconds of quiet Pinkie spoke up.

"So... what you're saying is... They really are ME!"

Twilight nodded. "More or less yeah."

Pinkie squealed in delight. She thought to herself. "THIS IS GONNA BE SO MUCH FUN!"

She ran around the room going on and on about what her and her new friends were going to do later on. "LETS GO HAVE SOME FUN!"
Pinkie was ecstatic. She grabbed Surprise and Pinkamena and began to run out the door. Though Surprise was a bit more willing, Pinkamena pulled away and shouted.

"Don't touch me!"

Pinkie and Surprise stopped in their tracks. "I'm sorry." Pinkie said, her ears folding back.

"No, sigh don't be... you didn't do anything wrong." Again, Pinkamena's tone went from angry to sad. "I just... don't like being touched is all..."

"Why not?" asked Surprise.

"I...I don't want to talk about it." Pinkamena's tone still filled to the brink with sadness. A moment of quiet. She looked up and noticed the rather concerned looks on the mares faces. She folded her arms and sighed once again. "Just forget it. It's nothing. Lets get this freak show on the road."

Pinkamena got up and trotted out. Surprise looked at Pinkie and shrugged. The two mares soon followed not far behind their straight haired counterpart.

As the three mares left the castle to... to do who knows what. Twilight was left to ponder. And ponder she did...


(To be Continued.)

Author's Note:

Hello everyone.
Here we have the second chapter of "What a Pinkamena Surprise."
Not much to say here... I'm having fun writing this story, and I hope you guys are having fun reading it.
And before someone asks, there is in fact a reason Pinkamena doesn't like to be touched. It will be touched on later... haha, get it?... touched on.... yeah, that wasn't funny. :facehoof:
As always constructive criticism is appreciated. And with that, I wish you all a good day.:raritywink: