• Published 20th Feb 2015
  • 983 Views, 28 Comments

The Transporter - Unit_ZER0



How does one move a secure package clandestinely? Call a transporter, of course! For Cole, however, this will be one of the strangest jobs he's ever taken...

  • ...
0
 28
 983

Epilogue

After returning through the portal, the end of the job had been somewhat anticlimactic. Cole had met up with Ms. Heartstrings/Micahaelakos, and received the second half of his payment. Then she had returned to her world with a wave. Before she left though, she’d given him a business card, and he’d given her his direct number, to be presented to the Princess of the night.


Now, two days later, Cole sat at Jake’s bar once more. It had been a long day, and the human was looking forward to a hot sandwich and a cold beer. Jake came over with Cole’s beer, and stuck around to chat.

“So, how’d that job for the girl with the funny hair go?”

“Fairly well, all things considered.”

“That’s it?”

“Pretty much. But I will tell you this: Fonzarelli’s boys were right.”

“So they really were in New York?”

“Indeed. And they need services like mine on occasion. Same as anybody else, I guess.”

“So you’ve got another job?”

“Nope, but they’ve got my number.”

As the two humans continued to chat amicably, one of the bar and grille’s other patrons turned her attention to the TV set on the back wall, and sipped her Long Island iced tea. The woman was tall, striking, and wore a white business suit, with a small golden sun pinned to her lapel. As she contemplated the prospects of using the services of the human at the bar, one corner of her mouth turned up in a faint smile, as she focused her violet eyes on the soccer match presented on the screen.

Author's Note:

And this concludes my first fanfic: The Transporter.
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!

Morris Cole Will Return

Comments ( 18 )

5754362 Thanks!

Indeed, Mr. Cole will return.

You're right. There probably isn't anything else like this on the site. It's an interesting read for sure, although you might want to do a quick typo check. Certainly well worth a read; and I'll be keeping an eye out for another instalment.

5761614 Thanks for the fav, and advice! I'll do my best to edit chapters closely, and provide an interesting second installment.

Well written story, that actually deserves more attention than it seems to have had so far.

Have a moustache for your obvious skill. :moustache:

6082926 Many Thanks. I do my best.

6168510 Got it in one!

A great read!

6461769 Glad you liked it!

Morris Cole

If there's not going to be a Morse code pun in this story, I'm going to be very disappointed.

8726218
Shhh... Don't spoil it!

Is this a crossover?

8959574
No. However, it IS inspired by a rather famous movie...

2008 Hyundai Elantra? Supercharged I'm guessing would be around 160-200 hp, depending on modifications and the extent of the work put into it, but why would you supercharge an Elantra, that's just defeating the purpose of it's fuel efficiency and even with the 2.0lt engine it might be on par with a stock Civic S, why not the Audi A8 that Jason Statham used in the movie? Or at least a midsized sedan with a V6 like the Maxima or something. Sorry I haven't read your story yet but that kinda bugged me. Ill give it a read though don't worry, and sorry I didn't mean to rant :twilightblush:

Well, everything besides his choice in transportation was pretty good, good job.

9288422
I picked it mostly because I drive (or, drove) one, so i know how it performs pretty well. Also, instead of flash and speed, like in the Transporter movies, this character relies mostly on concealment, and blending in, saving the vehicle's modified nature for quick bursts of speed, before blending back into the flow of traffic. Obviously, that doesn't work in the story setting, but that's a lot of his mindset at the start: create a vehicle that looks bland and unremarkable, yet hides surprising abilities.

In the real world, there is a turbocharged version of the Elantra that put out something like 300HP, but it's also clearly modified...

In the end though, thanks for reading, and I'm glad you liked it!

9290226
I can see what you mean, it did pop up in my head but, on the other hand something like a Mazda speedster, or even a Chevy SS or a Ford Taurus would also serve that blending in four door midsized sedan look while being a sleeper. Or even something like a SUV fusion, like a Crosstrek or V6 outback or a V6 escape. Good, fast, versatile, and makes you look inconspicuous. Cut I can also see where you're coming from with it was a vehicle you've owned.

Login or register to comment