• Published 5th May 2012
  • 1,841 Views, 16 Comments

The Beginning - Nicolasmandias



Tells the tale of how Macintosh, Trixie and Derpy became allys of Luna in the fight agains chaos.

  • ...
1
 16
 1,841

Working the Orchard

Working the orchard

It was only supposed to be a normal afternoon around the city, and he only meant to go inside a tavern for a drink, to think about the big decision the Princess had put out before him. At least That was what he had told Applejack, to reassure her he’d be fine just having a walk around Canterlot, alone, while she and her friends followed Twilight around the city. But seeing now how the afternoon had progressed, he would have preferred to follow the lavender pony and save himself even more problems with the law, instead of getting into the tavern fight of his life.

Dodging yet another punch, Mac turned on his front legs and bucked the stallion that had just left an opening in his guard, sending him crashing against a table. It was two down three to go. The other stallions readied themselves to attack, closing Mac’s exit, leaving him strained against the wall. one of them charged against him ready to tackle him, Mac moved to the side and lowered his head as quick as his body allowed him to, dodging the plummeting stallion; taking advantage of his position he kicked the stallion behind him against the wall and using that same impulse he tackled the one in front of him. Standing up quickly he tried to avoid the attacks from the last stallion, but one of his punches connected with his face. Losing balance, Mac took a big step back. One of the stallions he had tackled to the ground got up again, two to one, he was getting tired, his side burned, and his head was still a little dizzy.

All three stallions were breathing heavy, eyes locked on each other. no pony inside the tavern moved a muscle, all expecting to see more of the fight, all surprised on how one single stallion had managed to take on five others at the same time; meanwhile the bartender was watching in awe as his establishment got trashed by the fight, sure, he was used to bar fight every now and then, and also to having those same five stallions starring them for no apparent reason (even though now it seemed like they had been looking for a fight with the red stallion), the only problem the bartender had was that the chairs and tables were brand new. Yet before he or any other could do something or even prevent it, they were at it again.

“Halt!”

“Oh Celestia, thanks! About time you got here!” exclaimed the bartender as three guards came into the establishment.

“Tend those on the floor and cuff this two, can’t believe they are at it again...” said one of the guards, interrupting the fight. He took a look around, the place was a bit more destroyed than last week, he thought; turning to Macintosh, he said “I take it you were in the fight too?”

“Well, he was Sharp, but they provoked him, as usual...” said the bartender

“You know Mr. Barkle, I just don’t understand why’d you still let these five in, a fight almost every week...” said the guard dismissing Mac and helping his partners clean up the mess. Mac was surprised to see how easily his rivals were arrested, almost by routine.

“Well, they pay good money, and have valuable friends so...”

Mac was out of there as soon as they stopped paying him attention, it would not have been good for him to get involved in the prosecution of those five, he could get in even more problems for doing so; so he just decided to leave the scene and try to forget the incident. Just that, of course, his body was kinda hurt, and his nose was bleeding.Since going back to the castle was not an option in those conditions, he started wandering around Canterlot hoping to find a drugstore or a public bathroom. But instead he came upon a tough looking cream stallion, that was staring at him intently from across the small square he found himself in.

“Hey you, Macintosh was it?” asked the stallion, who Mac had been unable to avoid.

“Eeyup” he said trying to sound tough.

“What went on with you? Were you in a fight?” asked him the stallion. He got no answer but a threatening look from Mac “calm down friend, I don't think you want more problems with the law”

“And who are you?” asked Macintosh, that was now sure he had never seen this stallion before, even though his voice did sound familiar.

“We met last night, took you from the jail to see the Princess. My name is Tinder.” he said starting to walk slowly away “Follow me, I don't think you wish to return to the castle like that”

Not having a better option, and also out of curiosity, he followed Tinder out of the small square trough the streets of the city on to the other side of Canterlot, near the skirts of the castle.

“Your voice does sound familiar but...” said Mac as he caught up with the guard.

“I look different? Yes, it’s an effect of the helmet, to make guards look uniformed. Imposes more respect I guess” he said in a monotonic voice.

‘So that’s why they all look alike’ thought Macintosh. It kinda made sense, he thought, because from the stallion in front of him, the only thing that could make you respect him would be his size, and perhaps the balance that he had for a cutie mark; a symbol of justice, he thought.

It was a silent walk, none of them said much, only enough to make an impression of one another; an old tradition between stallions, a quality that Mac’s father had taught him meant trust and honor among stallions. So it wasn’t long before both of them arrived to a conclusion: they were alike, projecting an image of toughness and a good sense of rightness. After that they began to talk, to make sure they impression had been right, it came a bit as a surprise for Mac that they understood each other, old schooled, raised in a farm, a good sense of morality and a quite open mind, which Mac thought was usually weird for a guard. Among all the varied wonders of the universe, there's nothing so firmly clamped shut as the military mind’’ he remembered the Doctor once said.

“Here” said Tinder, as he handed Mac a towel.

They had arrived to a complex of small houses just below the castle's outer walls. they were home’s for the guards that for one or another reason did not found home inside the castle’s barracks, houses for guards with families or for ones that had earned recognition. This was Tinder’s case, as he had explained his promotion to captain of the “silver armors”, Princess Luna's personal guards, had brought him a few rewards, like the small house and more free hours.

“Thank ya’ kindly” he said, beginning to clean himself. His bleeding had stopped and his sides were a little sore, but besides that he was okay. “Don’t mind me asking, but, last night yah said that the yer promotion came with the armor, what’s that supposed to mean?”

“Perhaps the Princess can tell you later” he just said. “Have you thought on what will you do? Will you accept her petition I mean?”

Macintosh remained silent for a while “Eeyup, ah’ve thought all right” he said playing with his thoughts “It ain’t like ah’ve got another chance, yah said that Blueblood Prince plays with the court thanks to his father... so, is either joining the Princess, or some awful time in jail”

“Which you can take because of your sisters...”

“Eeyup”

“... I don’t think you realize what this means... what the Princess is asking you to do.”

“Seemed pretty simple... do what you can’t, the guards ah mean” Tinder nodded.

“But there is more to it; do you see that newspaper on the table?” Mac took a look; the front page was a picture of a town in fire. “There is another pony like you in this moment, owes the kingdom a long time in jail apparently and the princess offered her the same deal”

Mac remained silent reading the article. The cause of the fire was unknown, and many ponies had claimed it had been caused on purpose; the families of the victims were accusing the mayor for not sending proper help, apparently little to no guards had been there for help; and then there was the story of a mysterious pony that had helped, saving lives with incredible skills of magic.

“You see, it’s not cleaning the streets, it is worse than that. In the best case scenario, you will become a vigilante, the spell that is casted once you commit with the princess will have you at her service under any circumstances, and only it will know when your commitment is done.” he took a deep breath; as he walked around the small room. The serious expression on his face told Mac how important all of this was. “There is much that the princess is keeping to herself... for instance, that fire was no accident, the presence of that mare was calculated, a sort of attack had been expected... Princess Luna knew this, but had no one to go to, so she took it to herself and just a few of us”

“Ah remember she saying that this was secret an’ all...”

“It isn’t just a matter of keeping things secret, it’s just that is hard to believe, for anypony, that bigger things are happening... did you believed her when she told you about chaos and harmony?” asked Tinder, his expression showed seriousness and expectation.

“Well... eeyup, ah guess... it’s hard tah believe but... ah’ve seen some crazy things lately... ah’ve always know that things in Equestria are not as bright as they seem to be... those in charge abuse their power” Mac almost bit his tongue for letting that out, Tinder’s expression changed in a blink “ah mean... Princess Celestia is an amazing ruler, but... royalty...”

And right there Mac thought that he would never see sunlight again, talking bad about royalty in front of a royal guard was something to be hanged for, especially since it was royalty that held the high ranks in the army. But Tinder just smiled, much to his relief, he had judge him well.

“Big things are happening, things to which we are not prepared for. Even though the princess wants to help, she can’t do it without the help from the council and her sister” said Tinder, and smiling at him he said “and we both know that is not happening. The truth is that Equestria need all the help it can get. Even if the only ones ready are two ponies and Princess Luna. I don’t still know what is happening, or what is to come, but...”

“Ah understand. Ah want tah help Princess Luna”

“You said that before, and I ask again, Do you know what that truly means?”

“Well...” said Mac handing him the newspaper “I don’t’ really know about all this great and bad things that are supposed to be happening, but if I can help ponies like this mare right here, and stay outta jail... then ah’m ready. Besides it’s time ah do something, mah little sis been saving Equestria two times now... if i can help to avoid her being in that situation again...”

“I understand” said Tinder with a solemn smile “well, let’s see, Princess Luna is one for formalities and ritualism, and this spell that will seal your ‘covenant’ is one casted by words, we can work on that...”

-------------------------

Night at Canterlot castle. Macintosh was in a small corridor, looking through a window that led to a balcony. He had been thinking all day about what was soon to come, what Tinder had told him and meeting with the princess to discuss about his future; he had come to a decision earlier, but it still made him nervous. So he was just standing there, alone in the dark, waiting for the princess to present herself, recalling the day events.


They had been summoned to the dining room before sunset; apparently for Princess Celestia it was easier to lower the sun with a full stomach. There it was announced that there had been an agreement on Mac’s sentence, he was meant to do some community service in Canterlot whenever it was needed until his debt was paid. Mac saw his sister and her friends cheer with the news as Princess Celestia reassured them with a smile that everything had turned out right; he was the only one that noticed Princess Luna’s reaction; A secret thought and worried expression crossed her face for a few seconds before her sister looked back at her, then she just smiled like the rest, yet Mac could tell she was hiding behind that smile.

After that the subject was dropped, Mac remained silent the rest of the dinner, as did Princess Luna who only responded when she was asked; their silence went unnoticed as the six mares and the ruler of the sun exchanged joyful stories. For that he was thankful, the last thing he wanted was to be bombarded with questions about what would happened, specially because, if anything, he would have had to lie, and even though he had made the decision to hide from his family whatever his agreement with the princess would come to, he still felt bad about lying to them.

He wondered where his life would go now. How was this going to change his days at the farm? Would he eventually tell Applejack about it all? as Tinder made it sound, he would be putting his life in danger, his sisters could be left alone, brotherless... yet something inside of his head told him that it was better to put his own life in the line instead of having Applejack do the same... then again he didn't knew what kind of dangers he would go through, guess he should ask the princess about that. Speaking of which, how was he supposed to talk to her? Was she looking for him or should he visit her quarters?


He felt his mind was rushing way ahead of the current events, thinking about the princess, about his imminent future, about his sister, the farm, his own life. All those thoughts just rushing through his mind, meanwhile his eyes were locked on the moon and the stars...

“Macintosh?” A voice he used to know so well brought him back to earth “may I have a word with you?”

He just nodded. The room was only illuminated by the moonlight coming through the big windows. There in front of him stood Rarity, it had been years since she had been this close to him, even more since they had been alone. Her coat was glowing under the silver light, and her mane was dancing softly with her every move.

“I... um, it’s quite dark in here” he nodded again, this time turning back to the stars, only to avoid looking at her face. “You always had a thing for them, the stars I mean. Not quite like Applejack...”

“Eeyup” he said, still looking at the stars, she moved closer to him. “Yah said yah wanted tah talk to me miss Rarity?”

“Yes... well, yesterday’s afternoon, I never got the chance to...”

“Yah don’t have to. Just did what was right...” he said, trying harder to concentrate on the moon, yet not hard enough for her to notice. He didn’t know how to react, or what else to say, so they remained in silence; he hoped that that would be enough, but with her it was never that easy. “Others would have done the same…”
She shook her head. Trying perhaps to catch his attention, but he just kept staring at the night.

“Macintosh” she said, carefully putting a hoof on his shoulder, sending shivers down his back, “it was crowded with ponies, with stallions that dress with the colors of chivalry and honor, and none of them did anything, not even my friends. I can assure you, I have only know of one stallion that would have done what you did…”

“Magnum?” he said, now turning slightly to face her, yet she was looking at the stars.

“No... I love my father, and I know he would have stood up for me...” she turned to face him, and he met those eyes he had been avoiding, shining as ever beneath the moon. “But like you did, no one would have Macintosh, no one... I run out of words in that moment, it was just quite a lot to take, you heard what he said, the lies he made up in the street… I stood frozen, everyone else did, of course, no pony is brave enough to face a ‘prince’, and… when I heard your voice, I… ”

He knew she was speaking from her heart, her eyes told him so; her sweet voice had let him speechless. And now Macintosh was feeling uncomfortable, he was sure he could feel her peaceful breath again his neck. Before green met blue, Mac was able to look back at the stars.
Rarity just smiled, knowingly.

“it’s… getting late I think… so, I just… well, thank you Macintosh” and with a quick move, she kissed his cheek slowly “Have a good night”

She walked away from him, towards the door; he followed her moves with the rear of his eyes, perhaps lost in that distracting swing. Before she reached for the door, a question struck him, and bluntly, but without moving his sight from the window, he asked her:

“Who’s the other one?... that stallion yah said...” he said trying to calm his own tone. In his minds he replayed the moment that had just been; he felt his back getting hotter and his head itching.

“Oh” she said, perhaps too flirty. Minding her words, after noticing him being uneasy, she added “It’s an old friend of mine, this little colt I used to know, back then when I was just a filly... but...”

“But things have changed” he said, sounding perhaps a little harsh, because he meant it as a reminder to himself.

“Actually...” she said, knowing she had arrived to her last card. Opening the door Rarity turned her head towards him, catching him off guard; and there, after a long time, blue met green “Not at all...”

And so, Mac was alone again, her eyes and her words running through his mind. ‘Why did she do that? What was that supposed to mean?... her eyes, those eyes, they were not lying... darn it...’

His mind was on a rush, his heart suddenly beating fast, it was anger what he was feeling right? As a warm feeling spread through his chest, memories of past times and meant to be forgotten days came back to him; how could she say that nothing had changed when he knew that was not right? ‘yet here eyes...’ everything had changed, they were not foals anymore, the roads had drifted long ago, things were different, and he was okay with that, right?

A flutter of wings and a small cough brought him back from his turmoil.

“I hope I am not interrupting anything”

Mac lifted his eyes from the same spot he had been staring at for who knows how long. Standing gracefully in the ledge of the balcony, Princess Luna ruler of the night, invited him onto the balcony. She was one sight to see, he thought; strong, imposing and beautiful, most like the nights she created that had inspired his every dream. She smiled at him, and he bowed to her.

“Please” she said getting off the ledge with a hop. It was weird for Mac to have her so close, not having a table between them. “I heard you run into a little adventure downtown?”

“Uh... Eeyup” he said a little astonished, the princess smiled lightly, and then her face returned to that she wore at the table for a brief moment.

“I have come with bad news I’m afraid” she said “I am sorry to be this abrupt but this cannot wait”

He nodded.

“Well... it seems like the council has arrived to an early resolution... a much worse one that what we had expected” she waited for him to say something, but his stoic expression gave nothing away. “Those stallions that you fought in the bar had good connections, and were also paid to be there. It was all a trick of sorts, yet there is no way to prove it. You see, the bartender that told the guards that you had not been looking for a fight, will testify against you as well, alongside Blueblood and those stallions, who are friends of my ‘nephew’ and have relatives in the council...”

He nodded again, smiling ironically and trying to hold a snort

“All of this means that if you decide to accept my offer, it will last longer, will require more effort and bigger sacrifices...” she was now worried and reluctant “I cannot ask you to accept this deal, it means too much...”

“Ah’m sorry yer highness, but Ah made my decision” his abrupt interruption left her a little startled “ah don’t really know about this danger that may come, ah don’t know how this fight for balance can affect our world... but if joining you means to help ponies and make our kingdom a lot safer... then Ah’ve made my decision”

They remained silent, eyes locked on each other. It was something about her presence that made him dare do this things, stare attentively at her eyes, interrupt her, even speak to hear for that matter. She was the princess of the night, a pony everypony respected, if not feared, and yet here he was talking to her, like he had done last night. They broke eye contact; the princess walked towards the edge of the balcony and looked at the landscape below

“How long has it been since the last war? five hundred years perhaps?” she said in an odd tone “my sister has done a terrific job on keeping peace among our kingdom; so great indeed that ponies have forgotten how to be strong, not even our elite warriors could do much against discord, or myself. The inconvenient truth is that, we are weak”

“Eeyup” he said simply, not really sure what else to say, Apparently she wanted for him to speak, give his insights on the matter; but he couldn’t say something else, still feeling reluctant. She was a princess after all and he had done enough by interrupting her before.

“Why do you do that?” she asked out of the blue, after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence.

“What?” he answered puzzled and surprised.

“You speak to me like and equal, you stare and interrupt, confident on yourself and trusting me” she said turning to him “but then you change, you do not look at me nor talk, and when you do, you it with fear. Like today during dinner, as usual I was mostly ignored, even when you were there... perhaps I am asking for much... it was just last night it seemed like... well, it does not matter”

He just looked at her, in her face he saw disappointment, and something sprung back to him, he was no longer in presence of the princess, he was with Luna. Perhaps it was psychological, but something in her had changed, something in her eyes, something in the air, something in the stars too. He was used to treating with mares, he had done so all his life; he knew their ways, yet not their reasons, sometimes he felt that he had been given the gift of the words (perhaps that was why he said so little) and right now something inside of him was urging him to speak.

“Luna...” he said, either out of bravery or stupidity “It’s just as strange for me... yah see yer high...”

Something in his face told him that the formality would not be well received, since her eyes had become softer with the mention of her name.

“Um... Luna... it’s just that, last night, Ah spoke as mah heart beats. Ah can't explain it... usually Ah’m your quiet stallion that is willing to listen more than he is to speak. Yet last night... like now... Ah felt, comfortable...” he said, trying to decipher his feeling as he spoke. He noticed how she was staring at him, expectantly, and realized that he had not been looking at her face, but at her man, and it hit him “It because of this, the night. Ah’ve always lost myself with the stars... been looking at them all mah life, there is hardly a moment of the day that Ah feel more comfortable than when Ah'm looking at the stars. My mind is free... so Ah guess that’s what it is with you...”

She said nothing, a surprised look on her face.

“But then again you are the princess of the night, an’ Ah’m just a farm pony. Ah don’t really know how to behave in this case...” he said, smiling “And, um, Ah just want to say that ever since you returned... well the sky has changed. No means to offend Princess Celestia, but... ah think you are an artist with ‘em, the stars”

“You… you think?” she said, both turning their eyes on the skies above them.

“Eeyup... Ah remember that first night after that black alicorn had been defeated, the sky was just amazing, like Ah had never seen it before... watched from beginning to end, of course next day AJ was a pain, bugging me for staying overnight, but Ah thought it worth it...” he took a deep breath, he could hardly believe what he was doing, talking so open hearted with the Princess. From the rear of his eyes he saw her curl up a small smile, yet her eyes told a different story, he could see regret, fear and insecurity; he understood what may have been going on through her heart, so he just followed his instincts, he wanted to see her smile. “It was that same night that Ah realized something... it could never have been you that Nightmare-Moon everypony was speaking of. She was all about using the night and her power for fear, meanwhile the first thing you did after you returned was create a work of art.”

“Thank you” she said facing him again. a grateful smile on her face, and a single tear running through her cheek. “I just... thank you, really...”

With a nod and a smile of his own he responded her, turning his sight towards the landscape, trying to leave her out of his eyesight, for a matter of privacy. Silence fell again, but this time it was well received. It took awhile for the princess to calm down and dry her eyes, she looked at him, feeling surprised of herself for how fond she felt for the stallion and for how well he had been able to read her mind so far; she also wondered how much had he understood just in this moment of silence.

“Your highness...” he said slowly.

“By now ,I think, you more than no other have right to call me by my name” she said with a smile.

“That’ll be hard to get used to if you excuse me, but Ah’d like it better Ah call yah by yer title” he turned to her smiling “Anyway, Luna, Ah think that um... we, have some things to sort out...”

“Yes, we do have some things to sort out” she said, mocking him.

“Ah’m sorry this is weird...” he said, letting a nervous laugh escape him, being joined by the princess helped him a little. So far it had been one unique night.

“Macintosh... would I be right if I said that you already understand my motives?”

“Eeyup. But Ah don’t think that yah owe ‘em nothing” he said simply.

“I am not sure about that... I feel that I must do something, besides if I do not, then who will?” she said, her tone getting more serious, and Mac knew the time had arrived. “I must ask you to please trust me. I know you said you had made your decision, but do you comprehend what it means?

“Kinda”

“Well, to begin with you will be in a debt with me in virtue of a spell, which means that you will be free only when it decides so, once your actions have repaid the debt you have with Equestria. Even though this debt is unfair, the spell will run based on the sentence and will respond according to equity”

“One of the principles of law” he said thoughtfully “so this thing responds to the spirit of the legislation or something like that”

“Um... I suppose it does, to be sincere I never delve into it.” she said a little startled, clearing her throat she added “Now, since I shall be the one that will cast the spell, you will respond to me, and my commands will become your obligation, ignoring them would result in a range of ‘unpleasant’ consequences... understood?”

“Eeyup”

“I wish to know, do you really believe me when I told you about the perils the future holds for Equestria? That of chaos and harmony?”

Mac looked at her attentively. He had been asking himself the same question; for some ponies this would be hard to believe or even understand, Tinder had said it. A constant battle between forces of chaos and harmony... somehow it made sense to him, so he nodded making the princess smile once again.

“Thanks. I understand it is hard, there is a lot in risk and all of this sounds like an old mare’s tale...”

“But then again so was Nightmare-moon and Discord…”

“Yes. Now, that same forces that brought Discord and myself back to bring chaos upon our land will keep trying to break the peace Equestria is used to live in. And as I said before, I want you to help me protect that peace...” she restrained herself from something Mac noticed that.

“Luna... I was thinking... is there something more to all of this right?” he asked “That fire and that pony that was conveniently ready for such a thing... it was your planing right?”

“Yes. I understand you talked with Tinder...”

“Eeyup. Ah just want to know if you already know of that bigger threat that may rise?”

“I believe I do.... I cannot be sure, but....” she paused “it's just how things work. I know that something bad will happen again, and I have the feeling that this time it will be much worse... I fear that something will occur, perhaps an enemy that will make this land tremble, and enemy no pony is ready to fight. I fear for the end of our kingdom...”

“And yah’ve got a hunch that this enemy has presented itself already?”

“A hunch’?” she asked a little perplexed

“A feeling that this enemy has shown himself already”

“Yes, yes I do. But I have no proof. Isolated problems in different parts of Equestria, places no pony cares about anymore. Yet there is still a connection, same unorthodox creatures, same modus operandi, the list goes on...” she paused for a bit. Macintosh was listening intently, and she knew he believed her. It came as a relief for her. “So what I want to do for now, is look for clues and try to stop all of this.”

“But if we stop this, wouldn’t it cause yet another uprising of chaos some time else?” he asked looking so serious that the princess felt bad for smiling and laughing at his questions.

“I am surprised by you, so quiet by speak but with a loud mind. Yes you are right, it would bring that problem, so we must find ways of bringing balance without putting in danger all our kingdom” he smiled at her response, both understood that even though that was an important matter it would have to wait. she had something to say “I was talking to Tinder, and some remarks you made to him along with the ones you said last night. There is a Stallion I want you to meet; you will find that he is quite the character. Francys Pantaleon is his name; he is related to royalty, but only in blood. You will see once you meet him. Also, he is quite the merchant, I am sure you will come into good terms”

Mac just nodded not really sure if meeting a royal would be such a good idea, even though it would be good to meet a merchant after being recommended by the princess.

“It seems this is everything there is, the dangers we will face, and what our goal would be...” she hesitated for a moment, and Mac noticed something there was tiny red spot in one of the princess lips, and he realized that Luna had been biting her lip all this time, there was more in her mind than what she had let out. Suddenly the princes turned around and started walking around the balcony; he could see guilt in her face. “No, no, no, I can’t ask you to do this... your family, your farm, you sisters... I would put your life in the line; if you die they would not know what you were fighting for. And then there is that, you would be lying to them... no, I cannot ask you to do this... I am sorry... for bringing all this to you and dragging you in...”

“Luna... Ah’m actually kind of glad yah just said that... cause is means you are acting as Luna, friend of Macintosh” he said simply. She calmed down and looked at him. He had called her a friend, the first one to do that in just so long time “But now Ah want to talk to mah princess, the ruler of the night, that so desperately wants to save our kingdom. Because Ah Macintosh Apple, hereby put mah life at yer service; for the greater good, until my debt is paid, my will shall become that of yours”

“Macintosh... I... thank you” she said smiling warmly. And as sudden as she had lost her composure, she returned to that regal impersonation of the night. Her horn began to glow, Macintosh bowed before her as laces of lighting blue energy surrounded them, and Mac felt the energy carefully caressing his right front leg. “Macintosh Apple. I Princess Luna of Equestria, ruler of the night and the vault above, accept your humble offer, let the chain in your wrist become the bond that seal this covenant. for the greater good, until your debt is paid your will becomes that of mine”

The energy running around them came to a stop, the first thing Mac noticed was the chain around his leg, it looked like and innocent bracelet, lightning blue in color and barely noticeable weight. It was done now, no turn back, he knew it and oddly enough it seemed exciting.

“Macintosh Apple, right hoof of the night, protector of peace and harmony. A vigilante like no other I am afraid... I cannot cease to tell you how much grateful I am... for days I have seen a dark future over our land... but now there is a light that is getting stronger. I just know that” she said smiling to him “is there something I can do to thank you for doing this?”

“Nah, what is a favor between friends right?” he shrugged, but he did thought of something though “just make good art...”

“I will try... friend” surprisingly for her, the word came naturally to her lips.




End of chapter three.

Comments ( 3 )

This chapter turned out quite long, and I'm not sure how happy I am with it yet. So I hope you like it.

And in case some of you go 'too long didn't read' here goes a small summary.
- Mac is considering if he should accept the deal princess Luna offered him before.
also, has an encounter with Rarity, gets to know better Tinder (that guard that was with the princess) and Luna herself.

That's about it, thanks for reading now and all those who did before.
(also, I did try to write better, grammatically speaking; but if you come across an error, which I hope is unlikely, just let me know and I'll get it done)

nice chapter glad you updated it can't help but feel a spark growing between luna and macintosh

this story is turning out to be quite good Macin'Luna! :yay:

Login or register to comment