• Published 1st May 2012
  • 1,802 Views, 17 Comments

My Little Pony - An Equestrian Emergency - - IceStorm



Princess Celestia has been kidnapped. It's up to Luna and the Mane 6 to save her.

  • ...
6
 17
 1,802

Chapter 9: The Bond Returns


“No! Luna! You can’t!!! She’s your sister!” Ice Storm yelled out

“Quiet ponies,” she said forcefully and sternly. “She was my sister, until she and everypony else abandoned me! I have not forgotten about what she’s done to me, and now that she’d in binds, there’s nothing stopping me from Eternal Darkness!”

“So… It was true… You WERE behind this,” Twilight yelled in disgust.

“No, This wasn’t my idea… I’m just merely taking advantage of the situation,” Nightmare Moon countered.

“Luna!!” Celestia yelled finally getting free of the darkness that had clamped her mouth shut. “Luna, snap out of it! I’ve always loved you!!! Don’t listen to him please!!!”

“Silence sister, Luna no longer exists!” she said as she began to walk towards her making it look like she was ready to deliver the final blow. “My name is Nightmare Moon, just as it has been for the past one thousand years,” she added leaning in to Celestia’s ear. “Play along. I want him to think I hate you!!!”

Celestia’s eyes went wide. It was an act! Realizing this, She immediately snapped at her neck to keep the guise up, drawing a bit of blood. “How dare thee!” Nightmare Moon shouted as she teleported back to where Deadly Revenge was standing. “This, my dear sister, is where we end this game.” With that she charged her sister horn down, but angled herself to where her shoulder made contact with her instead sending them both hurtling backwards into Chrysalis breaking the bindings that sealed them both to the ground.

“Are you alright, Sister?” Nightmare Moon whispered to her.

“I will be soon enough, let’s end this though first.” Celestia responded

“Luna!!!” Ice screamed watching her mentor turn evil right before her eyes.

“Shut up welpling,” Deadly sneered and lashed a tendril directly at her neck. As it reached the cage though, another dark magic interrupted it.

“Do NOT, touch her,” Nightmare Moon warned turning towards him laughing sinisterly. “It seems that there is one other thing that hasn’t changed over the years, and that’s you being ridiculously easy to deceive. My plan failed last time around, and I’ve spent the last thousand years paying for it.”

“Now that I know though, that it was you behind everything and that she had been completely innocent the entire time, I know how to deal with it accordingly.” Celestia added

“Deceive me? You must be terribly mistaken. I knew that you’d never fully break Luna. There’d always be a piece of you left inside that monstrosity that I’ve turned you into.”

“Oh really? So I’m assuming you knew that I never actually got rid of the darkness inside of me that made me Nightmare Moon right? I’ve just learned how to control it and use my gift that you’ve bestowed on me to help my subjects whenever I can. I even have my own holiday thanks to you!”

Deadly was taken back a bit when he realized her implications, but just grinned. “I may have given you more power Luna, but you and I both know you’re still no match for me.”

“We’ll see about that!”

“Not by yourselves you won’t” Chrysalis added as she stood there with Twilight and the rest of the element bearers that had broken free of the cages.

“What!? How!? That’s not possible magic shouldn’t have been allowed in those cages!” Deadly spoke in shock.

“True, we couldn’t activate our magic inside the cages, but your magic didn’t stop anypony else’s magic from getting inside and resolving. A flawed oversight from you actually for not making it completely magic proof,” Twilight answered smugly.

“Fine then, I’ll just have to kill you all then,” he replied as he threw himself forward towards the princesses.

“Oh no you don’t!” Rainbow yelled buck-kicking him hard enough to alter his flight trajectory and plummet into the ground next to them.

“Why you little horse…”

“Pegasus, actually, and the Element of Loyalty. That being said, if you want to get to the princesses, you have to get through us first!” Rainbow proclaimed as Twilight and the others had sense joined them all ready to activate the elements.

The six ponies began to glow just as they had the first two times that they’ve been called upon to use the elements, and like Discord, Deadly Revenge didn’t even appear to be phased by the occurrence. The six artifacts shot off as they had done so in the past and angled their way towards Deadly but fizzled out right before they reached him, with his own horn glowing black using a magic that seemed to be drowning out the elements of harmony.

“Please… girls, honestly I was expecting more. This, is hardly worth my time,” he stated getting bored of their efforts and firing back a greyed out rainbow that broke and hit all of them, leaving them writhing in pain on the ground.

Celestia looked at them in amazement. “WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM!?” she yelled leaping towards him on to find him teleported behind her.

“Really? Celestia? Are going to tell me that you actually thing that you could lay a hoof on me?” he asked as she charged him once again only to watch him teleport again. “I can keep doing this all day Celesti… umph” he spoke cut off by a swift kick in the face from Nightmare Moon.

Her kick was strong, accurate, and forceful enough to draw blood from the lip of the male Alicorn. “You’ll regret that, you pathetic excuse of a princess!!” he growled as he teleported once again right behind her and hit her square in the rib cage. She then tackled him and the two started exchanging.

Celestia and Chrysalis both soon joined the fight. The three mares began to dance around Deadly beginning to wear him down, unfortunately wearing themselves down in the process. In one quick motion, Deadly Revenge countered a dive attempt from Nightmare Moon and pinned her chest down on the ground. A large snap, and a scream of horrific pain could be felt as he practically tore her wing from its socket leaving it to hang limply in a bloody heap on Nightmare Moon’s right side.

Celestia couldn’t believe what she had just seen. The scale of the injury had been to a degree that she had no idea if it would even be repairable. Enfuriated, she blind-sided Deadly, and they both went tumbling once again until Celestia landed back first against a sharp rock, hitting the nerve in her back and causing her entire body to seize in pain. It hadn’t cut her, but it had briefly paralyzed her until the pain could subside.

“Enough games. Finally after thousands of years of waiting, I can take what is rightfully mine. Today Celestia, is the day you die!” he ended in a snarl lunging towards her horn first. He was just about to make contact with her when a darkened figure lunged in between them and he felt his horn pierce its side, blood running down his face.

“LUNA!!!” Celestia yelled in complete shock as she saw the dark Alicorn’s horn now clearly protruding through her back.

Nightmare Moon writhed in pain as she felt Deadly’s horn stab clean through her chest and several vital organs. Her eyes turned towards him looking down on him as she held him there inside of her, make his escape impossible. “You will never harm my sister again!” she said as all the darkness in her body ejected from her in the form of spears. With her last bit of strength she launched the spears into Deadly Revenge hearing the screams as each one tore through his body and dissipating leaving gaping holes where they had entered before he fell to the ground in a lifeless heap.

The darkness dissipated from here, Luna could no longer contain the form of Nightmare Moon as her body shifted back to its normal coloration apart from the gaping hole in her back and chest. Before she even felt to the ground Celestia was underneath her trying to prop her up. “Luna! Why! Why did you do this?!”

“Because,” she spoke though a cough. “You’re… my sister… I… couldn’t let him… hurt you… Now… he can’t hurt us…. Anymore…” she stated coughing again. “I… Love you…. Sister…” she added, at this point everypony else had gathered around her.

“No! Luna you can’t die! I forbid it!” Celestia cried out tears cascading down her snout. She activated her magic to try to heal the gaping cavity, but she only managed to heal a small amount of it shut. The wound was just too big. Then she felt the magic from others helping and looked. Twilight, Rarity, Ice Storm, and Queen Chrysalis all focused their magic on Luna to help repair the wound.

“It’s…. getting cold….”

“No! Luna hang on! You can make it! Hold one Luna, Please!”

Another cough, this time with blood coming out of her mouth, “Goodbye… sis…..sis………” before Luna fell silent.

“Luna!” Celestia spoke to her without a response. “LUNA!! LUNAAAAAAA!” she cried out clutching her sister’s body tightly within her hooves. “Luna no!!! Please NO!! Come back!! You’re supposed to be immortal!!! Come back!!!” she screamed still getting no response. “Come back… I’m so sorry… for everything! I should have seen the signs beforehand! We could have stopped him then and prevented this…. Please… I CAN’T SPEND THE REST OF ETERNITY WITHOUT YOU!!!” she wailed burying her face into her sister.

Just then a spark flickered out of the corner of her eye. Twilight’s Element had activated on its own, lifting Twilight up in the air, the others following suit with it. “What… What are you girls doing?”

Before she could get an answer, the elemental rainbow shot from the group of six ponies and collided with Luna’s body.

“What are you doing!? Stop!! She’s been through enough!!!” Celestia yelled, but it fell on deaf ears as the elements enshrouded the princesses of the night. “Stop this now or I’ll have you banished for defiling my sister!!” she warned again, but once again it fell on deaf ears. They weren’t even in control of the elements at the moment. A massive explosion of light came from around the group of six ponies around wrapped around both Celestia and Luna.

When the light settled, Princess Celestia two gold necklaces that had been applied to them, one on her, and one on her sister, both were showing two new elements on the crests. She looked over Luna’s body to see that she had been completely healed. She turned to the other six ponies “What? What did you do!?”

“I… Have no idea” Twilight said standing up, her eyes still spinning in her head. “I don’t know what happened. It activated on its own, I swear!”

“Sis…ter…” Celestia heard from behind her making her eyes go as small as dimes. She turned around to see Luna starting to shift trying to get into a more sitting position. “What… happened”

“Luna!!!” Celestia yelled at the top of her lungs making Luna flinch before wrapping her hooves tightly around her. “Oh thank the elements Luna, I thought I had lost you!”

“For a moment there, you did,” Luna replied weakly.

“Luna, I’m so, so sorry, about everything. I… I should have listened to you, and noticed that something wasn’t right.”

“It’s okay Tia. It’s over now,” she told her wrapping her hooves around Celestia as well. She pulled away briefly though. “What are these though? I don’t remember wearing these necklaces during the fight.”

“I have no idea, honestly. Mine just appeared on me as well,” Celestia replied.

“And they still have the elements… I wonder… Could these possibly be new elements sister?”

“I… I don’t know. I’ve never heard of such of thing being able to occur. Then again… I didn’t know that the Elements also had the power to restore life either…” Celestia stated taking the amulet off to look at it more closely. As she looked of over, on the back right behind where her cutie mark was on the Amulet, it had the word hope. “Twilight, do your elements have writing on the back of them at all?”

“I… don’t know. I’ve never actually looked,” she replied taking it off and looking for herself. “All it says is magic. Nothing else.”

“I see. Rainbow, I’m assuming yours says loyalty.”

“Yeah… Does that mean something?”

“Well, I don’t think it’s a coincidence. This must mean that this is the Element of Hope. However, that means that my sister and I have been able to reattach ourselves to the elements, albeit slightly,” Celestia concluded.

Luna took off her necklace and examined hers as well. “Dependability… I… can’t really say I’ve shown much of that…” Luna admitted.

“Actually, you’ve displayed a lot more than that than you think,” Celestia started.

“Yeah, the fact that you willingly stepped down in the face of everypony else around you so that you could stop at nothing to save your sister is but only one sign,” Applejack started.

“And the fact that you’ve stayed devoted in your heart to the two of us through everything that you’ve been through… even… after I turned my back on you… I’d say that more than qualifies for dependability,” Celestia complimented looking into the teary-eyed smile of her sister. Without hesitation she gripped her sister tightly in another hug. “Let’s go home, my sister.”

Comments ( 4 )

Dang, with all that build up, and the addition of Ice Storm into the story, I figured she would have saved the day and perhaps become an Element herself. She just seemed to kind of... fall out of the story right after Deadly Revenge tried to kill her.

Again, thanks to everyone for all of the comments.

@Tales:
Really? I hadn't been aware that I had been building Ice up that much. She was only meant to be a supplemental character, and I had gotten some reviews from a couple of others that said I hadn't built her up enough. Might try to re-work it to where she has a bit more of an impact then in the fight, though for many reasons, I still need Luna to be in the position she ended up in.

Login or register to comment