• Published 1st May 2012
  • 1,802 Views, 17 Comments

My Little Pony - An Equestrian Emergency - - IceStorm



Princess Celestia has been kidnapped. It's up to Luna and the Mane 6 to save her.

  • ...
6
 17
 1,802

Chapter 4: Truths in Awakening

Darkness, it was the only thing that Princess Celestia could see around her. The sound of running water nearby suggested that she was in a cave of some sorts, and the constant dripping was already working her already tight nerves. Wanting to try and figure out where she was, she tried to activate her horn to at the very least get some light. However, when she tried to activate her magic, she found that it would fade before she could even get her magic powered. What the hey… she thought pushing herself up. “Something isn’t right…” she said aloud, her mane completely static at this point.

“Oh, is that so, princess?”

“Who are you!? Show yourself!”

“All in due time princess. Right now, I have bigger plans than to deal with you. The magic containment field that I have you in right now will more than suffice as a prison for you.”

“What do you want?”

“What does anypony want Celestia? I was full control of Equestria and The Elements of Harmony destroyed. They are becoming quite a nuisance for me. I mean honestly, they have thwarted every attempt that I've made to gain control of your precious little empire and its subjects.”

“What are you talking about? I don’t even know who you are! How could I have unleashed The Elements of Harmony on something or someone I don’t even know of!?”

“Oh no, you misunderstand. I know you have never used The Elements of Harmony on me specifically. No, you’d have to find me first in order to do so, and by the time that I actually show myself to you, you’ll be all too willing to destroy them and surrender control of your Empire to me. I almost had it once.”

“I will never abandon my subjects, and The Elements of Harmony can never be destroyed! Regardless if you destroy the artifacts themselves! They will reform in the right hooves!”

“Oh yes, you’re faithful students. Twilight and her friends am I right? I know all about them and I took them into account when I said destroying The Elements.”

“No!” Celestia screamed over menacing laughter.

“Oh my Celestia, you really don’t know what you’re dealing with here now do you? I swear you’re saying the exact same thing that your sister was saying so many years ago. ‘I’ll never give in to you! I love my sister! I could never do what you want me to!’”

“Wait… What did you do to Luna!!!”

“Well, within the last thousand years, nothing. She’s kinda been out of my reach on the moon. Oh how a wonderful puppet she became. Do you really think that she really felt Revenge and hatred for you a millennium ago? Honestly, her love for you then was just as devout as it is now, but after several weeks without food, and watching several of her friends die by my hands. Oh you should have seen her face when I took her special somepony away from her. The sadness, the despair, the pain, it was all too amazing to look at.”

“Wait a millennium ago… that means…” she realized her eyes going wide as the presence begain laughing some more.

“Haha, that’s right princess! It was I that was responsible for the creation of Nightmare Moon! Your sister never resented you once, and she was all too willing to stand next to you. Oh how much fun it was to break that royal Alicorn and watch her suffer.”

“But that’s not possible! Luna never left the palace then except to raise the moon!”

“Oh how right you are princess. What you don’t realize however, was the most recent enemy to Canterlot that you’ve encountered wasn’t your first encounter with her!”

“What!”

“That’s right! Chrysalis was also under my complete control!”

“That’s not possible…” Celestia said her voice becoming more hurt as she realized just how many beings this thing had touched negatively.

“Oh yes, it’s very possible. Chrysalis had just been elected queen of her changelings, and she was relatively easy to trap. And bending her to my will? Mwahaha, that was the easiest thing I had ever done! All she had to do was watch dozens of her changelings fall from the sky to get her to play along.”

“You’re a monster!”

“Oh? No, you see, I’m nothing more than a mere alicorn like you. The only difference between you and me,” he said through another laugh. “Is that I'm just a lot darker than you could ever be. And the more you want to seek vengeance and get your revenge for your sister, which I can feel inside of you, the more powerful I become.”

“Revenge… What no! It can’t be! You’re supposed to be a Mare’s Tale!!!” Celestia said over more laughter, her face turning to a mixture of shock and fear.

“Believe it Celestia! I am very much real, and I grow even more powerful by the second! The alicorn Deadly Revenge Is in fact very much live and well. Soon everypony will be bowing before me!”

“No! I don’t care what you do! I’ll never turn on my subjects.”

“That’s the very answer I was hoping for. After all, why would a pony whose special talents are pain, revenge, and death would want anything less?”

“Because I know Twilight and her friends will stop at nothing to find me! And I know that they can put a stop to you!”

“Haha, we shall see,” Deadly Revenge said menacingly as his presence faded.

Celestia was left in the darkness of the cave. Oh Luna… Chrysalis… I’m so sorry… I didn’t know what was going on… Celestia thought to herself tears forming in the corners of her eyes. She looked up into the darkness and let her tears fall. “I should have been able to see the signs! How could I not notice such a drastic change overnight! I should have known there was something larger in the works… and Chrysalis… If only you had told me what had actually happened… I could have protected you and your changelings… We could have been united and you could have felt real love instead of having to try to steal it from others…” She said aloud to herself letting her head fall on her hooves.

“How could I have been so blind!? How could I let something like this happen…” she said once again to herself. Her thoughts turned to The Elements of Harmony. Her mind went immediately to Twilight. “Oh girls… please hurry, but even more importantly… be careful… we’re dealing with an enemy more powerful than we could imagine…” she said knowing her warning was falling on nothing but deaf rocks.

“Celestia… is that you…” she heard from a voice behind her.

“Who else is there!?” she asked almost jumping where she lay.

“Celestia… it’s me… Chrysalis… I know that we aren’t on the best of terms at the moment… but please… you have to help me… I’ve been imprisoned here just like you…”

“It’s okay… I’m the one that should be apologizing to you.”

“It is right what they said about you…”

“Oh? What’s that?”

“That you’re one of the most understanding ponies in Equestria,”

“I supposed that’s true, but it helps that Deadly just stated his involvement with you.”

“Yes… but what are we going to do? If we stay her too long he’s going to kill us both.”

“Unless you can create some sort of light source, we can’t go anywhere.”

“Yes we can,” Chrysalis said leaning in, feeling along her neck until she found Celestia's ear and whispered. “We can use the running water in the stream to find the way out. You and I both have wings so we don’t have to worry about any waterfalls that we would run into. If nothing else we can get to a spot where our magic can work.”

Celestia nodded out of instinct but then realized that she wouldn’t be able to see that and whispered back, “good idea.”