• Published 26th Dec 2014
  • 408 Views, 1 Comments

Lend a Feather - Onyxfire408



A little colt does something special for a special somepony for Hearthswarming.

  • ...
1
 1
 408

Lend a Feather

Author's Note:

I wanted to try and do something before Christmas and I wanted to do a one shot. People love Sweetie and I came up with this idea with the inspiration of a coca-cola commercial. Y'know, where the commercial raises money by selling coke bottles and doing hard labor to buy his little brother a bike for Christmas.

But enough with my inspiration, Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate and have a nice day.

PS: I did this in a small rush so expect some shitty writing

It all started at around fifteen days before Hearthswarming when I saw it. It was a beautiful gem crested into a shape of a musical note. It shone like Celestia's sun and was amethyst purple. I wanted to buy that gem along with a golden chain that matched with it. But the bundle was ninety bits and I only had ten in my piggy bank. It was a small bummer but I just had to, for Sweetie Belle.

After the day when I saw that gift I decided to try and raise as much money as I could to buy that gift. Sweetie is a filly in my local school and.....well to be straight forward I have a crush on her. But I could never say it for obvious young reasons. But back to the point, I started raising money by simply selling hot chocolate out in front of my house for 1 bit a cup. Although I only raised about 5 bits due to my lack of packets of chocolate powder and milk. Curse my shortage!

The next day I wanted to try and gain some bits from my parents. My dad gave me the chance and gave me a shovel to shovel the inches of snow in front of the house. So I put on some winter clothes and went outside, shoveling heavy pounds of snow with my mouth. I didn't really mind that the snow was like coal being shoveled into a train engine, but it was the cold. Each time I shoveled snow, specs would spray on my face and or hooves and freeze them. I would stop and rub off the snow, wasting time for me to achieve my main goal. But luckily my dad gave me 3 bits, whatever amount I'll take.

I still had twelve days left and I luckily managed to hit a small job with Rarity, also known as Sweetie's sister. Although being her sister, she knew about young love and she knew about my plan the moment I asked her "Can I help you for money?" Yes I know, not the best way to ask for a small paying job, but it was all I got. Thankfully she let me work some simple jobs, mainly just an errand run that took the whole day. Throughout the whole day I walked around the whole town with a big pouch of bits she gave me to spend on supplies. I could have just took her bits, but I'm not that kind of colt.

So I kept trudging through the eight inch snow buying different kinds of fabrics, needles, tools, yarns, strings, so many things that I can't even remember buying. But out of her generosity she thankfully gave me a good amount of bits, 12, getting closer to the present. After I finished that I was extremely tired and my Mom found me a small chore for Applejack, one of the town's idols. Although I had to wake up at 5 a.m. and I didn't really want to do it. But I had to.

So the next day I woke up at 5 a.m. and quickly rushed towards Applejack's farm. And the whole day was gruesome. I mean I never felt more sore in my life, I mean I had to buck apples and haul apples all over the farm. And I did this for all the days until Hearthswarming eve. And I really hoped that it was worth it. I had ninety five bits, enough to buy the musical note shaped amethyst along with a gold chain to go with it. After I bought it, I brought it to Rarity to give it to Sweetie for me.

Yes I am aware that that was really cowardly of myself, but I was young back then. She told me that I had to give it to her myself and I was extremely timid of asking her. Thankfully Rarity did help and wrap up the present I bought for her, and she would call her downstairs. At this point I felt heat building up in my chest as I felt sweat quickly producing like apples on my head. Long story short, I was extremely nervous to give her my present.

And when she came downstairs, well I can't really top it off. She was really pretty, cute, and beautiful, all of the things about Sweetie Belle. But this was probably gonna be the hardest thing I would do in my entire life. I went up to her and said my hellos and stood doing nothing. In fact in the corner of my eye I could see Rarity giggling in the corner.

"H-Hi Sweetie Belle." Good Celestia I remember sounding like a dork back them.

"Hi Page, my sister said you have something for me. What is it?"

"I-I uh..." I stopped in my tracks and gulped down what I thought was my timid sweat, but instead was a pill of fear. "I-I got you this p-p-p-present." I said with a pathetic freaking attitude as I popped the wrapped present in front of her. She slightly blushed as she took the present and unwrapped it. She gazed at the necklace and smiled with glee.

She slowly unwrapped the present and she smile turned to a full fledged smile, teeth gleaming and everything as she saw the necklace. She split the chain in two and latched it together around her neck as she smiled with joy. She looked at me with a teary eye. "D-Did you do this for me?"

"Y-Yea, it looked really special and I'd thought that it'd be perfect for you." And I admit, I still sounded stupid ( like I haven't already) but I at least pulled my gut out of my stomach and popped the words out. I remember her taking caressing the necklace like a treasure.

"This is beautiful. Is this a real amethyst?"

"Y-Y-Yes it is. D-Do you like it?" I asked as something above our head jingled. Above both our heads was a small plant, green leaves and white berries shook above us as I looked at Sweetie, I was scared. In the corner of my eye I could see Rarity's horn shimmering and looked up again to see that it was held my Rarity's magic.....that witch. But suddenly I felt a soft pair of lips pressing against my cheek to see that Sweetie Belle was kissing me. I had no words and did a pretty stupid think.

I fainted.

Although I fainted in front of my crush, I still got an amazing present the day of Hearths Warming. I got her. The day after which was Hearths Warming, she came over to my house and truly thanked me for my present. She also admitted that she also liked me which was pretty ironic. So yea, that's the end of the story.


"But daaaad, what happened after that?"

"Oh um.....well your mother and I got married and then had you!"

"But where did I come from? Did I just appear like magic?"

"Uhh......."

FIN

Comments ( 1 )

Hahahaha I get the ending

Login or register to comment