• Published 30th Nov 2014
  • 611 Views, 1 Comments

Vinyl's Self Explaination - Awsome-Vinyl-Scratch



Vinyl Scratch has gotten tired of other ponies arguing about her looks, and mannerisms. As such, she has taken it upon herself to set things straight, much to Octavia's chargrin.

  • ...
2
 1
 611

Yes...Quite

I suppose I should add my own account to these proceedings. Heaven knows what Vinyl will say if she had been made to sit through one of these interviews, and I am let off the hoof. Not that I don't enjoy a bit of spotlight, but really, are these close-ups of our lives so important? Um...never mind, please disregard such a thought.

My name, well it's Octavia. Octavia Philliharmonica. I am a prestigious Canterlot earth pony, and quite the cello player if I may say so. Well, do bear in mid that usually my upbringing leaves much to be desired, especially with the, *ahem*, less refined ponies of Equestria? Suffice to say, they have made it quite clear what they think of my tastes in the classics, and...oh how do they put it...my holier-than-thou attitude. Even as I do resort to lowering some standards in an effort to make friends, they have been less than courteous in most aspects. Really quite dreadful.

Still, I suppose it cannot be all bad really, for I did meet Vinyl in my time among these ponies. Now, keep in mind, in our original meeting we were less than stellar acquaintances. In fact, it is safe to say that in our first meeting, we openly disliked each other. How it started out is sort of a mystery, as we have both told multiple versions of it. Though I suppose one idea is the closest we can manage, that being she had upstaged me during a concert tryout one night.

I was working hard into belonging to the Canterlot Orchestra, a very high position for musicians, yet even my hard work was brushed aside by her. As she had come after my tryout, she had less time to perform but...*sighs*..the other ponies loved her music, if you could have even called it music then. Honestly, my first thought was that it was noise just thrown together in a mix mash of irrationality. So you can imagine my shock when she went on for awhile, and eventually took first place. I was dumbfounded.

I of course immediately went to confront her, but that's a different story and I will not bore you with it. Suffice to say, we somehow ended up living together, and on rare occasions, I found myself listening to what she calls "wubs". Ugh....Still, it is to be noted that even if they are hard on my ears and patience, I have grown somewhat accustomed to them. Though, I still spend most days and nights asking her to lower the noise of the racket so that we do not disturb our neighbors. I don't know if I am getting through to her or not, and another shocking thing is that she has been spending more time listening to me play. Remember we hated each other's music in the beginning of this strange pairing, and are now growing to accept it, albeit slowly I suppose...

*Takes a sip of coffee*

Where was I? Oh, right. Well, what is even more strange is that due to the closeness of us being in one apartment with two bedrooms, I have found myself imagining things of ill-repute. I will not say them here, for I am no base-born filly out for a laugh, but, it is still odd in the deepest regard. Such as it is, more often than not, if she turns her back on me, I catch myself watching her flank go out the door. This has happened on more than one occasion, and I have found myself really quite out of sorts. I mean, what should I think when my eyes are glued to her diamond-dusted flank, and my own face has been resembling a tomato? Heavens! Did I just say her flank was diamond-dusted?! Please give me a moment...

*Walks out of the room, then returns recomposed*

Please, pardon that unthinkable comment, it is not in my nature to sound in such a way. Though you can possibly see my dilemma. I am starting to wonder if this is more than I actually anticipated, and am actually...*turns red* .....but that can't be, can it?! I-I mean, it's not like I'm in lo-...heavens...! Maybe I need to rethink this matter a bit more. Instead, why not switch to a safer subject?

Pardon? My music? Well, I am one of the best cello ponies in Equestria, that much is certain. However, that bragging right only applies to me because I've worked for it. Other ponies thought I would prefer the violin, or harp, or even some other instrument. Not one of them even had it in their heads that I could excel with a cello. It seems I was the only musical pony to do so, as I have yet to find a pony to play a cello besides me. Unlike a certain DJ, I was not born with the talent flowing from my hooves, oh no. I studied, I practiced, and I worked for it as hard as I could until it practically sang to me. Now that practice, while postponed due to being upstaged by Vinyl, is still growing and maturing with time. I am happy to say, it has worked out for the best for those involved really.

Now, many a pony are asking me this question constantly. "Why in Equestria, am I living with a pony so completely different from myself and my tastes?" I'll tell you the truth. I wanted nothing to do with her in the beginning, and really, what high born Canterlot pony would? She's wild, brash, keeps ungodly hours of partying, and generally gets on my nerves. Still, I suppose deep down, I could see a kindred spirit. Yes I know, shocking right? Still, despite her outgoing, vulgar talking ways, I could somehow see past all that to the real mare inside. What I did see broke my heart, for like me, her specialties did not afford her any true friends. Instead, they made her famous enough to garner fame close to obsession in other ponies, and in rare cases some stalkers. She was alone. I did not decide to live with her out of pity, never that, and if she had thought so, she would have bolted from me in a heartbeat. Pride I guess, I cannot say really. In any case, I invited her a warm place to eat and sleep, and after a few days of trying, do to her believing I might just advancing myself by helping her, she agreed. Taking advantage of her was never my intention, no matter what my peers in the higher circles thought.

All in all, the more we lived together, the more of her secrets I was privy to. For instance, she was absolutely terrified in the beginning if her glasses were removed, not that she would admit it. For in the past, other ponies relentlessly picked on her for having red eyes, yes red. They were the stuff of a bad legend for her, being called a freak, or odd, because she was the only mare to have that color iris. When I first removed her glasses to help her sleep, she frantically scrabbled to put them back on, before I calmed her down and explained that they looked fine to me. It did take some convincing, but she's generally warming up to leaving them exposed recently. I also ten to find her sneaking into my room, and helping herself to my cello. Her reasons? It created an odd note that sort of fit into her "wubs", and she wanted to try it out. Who could have thought the one mare who absolutely hated the classical arts would want something like this?

I suppose this completes my interview for this evening? If that is so, then may I ask you kindly to leave? I need to prepare for an important gig, *ahem* concert, and would need some time to freshen up in order to be at my best. Please do latch the door on your way out, thank you, and goodnight!

Author's Note:

I hate to say it, but this interview with Octavia was mostly sleep worthy. She's a good pony, and knows her stuff, but I found myself dozing at certain points.
-
-
-
Anyways, if you can find the hidden hints, congratz! You now know her hidden secrets toward other ponies ~hint~ ~hint~.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment