• Published 30th Nov 2014
  • 611 Views, 1 Comments

Vinyl's Self Explaination - Awsome-Vinyl-Scratch



Vinyl Scratch has gotten tired of other ponies arguing about her looks, and mannerisms. As such, she has taken it upon herself to set things straight, much to Octavia's chargrin.

  • ...
2
 1
 611

My life, My rules!


I am a bucking Disk Jockey who originally came from Manehattan, I like being referred to my stage name of Djpon3 as it sometimes let's ponies know I am a well-known DJ who now lives in Ponyville. I have a white coat and neon blue hair, and will almost always be seen wearing my signature purple shades down over my RED eyes and custom made headphones around my neck. Although I am a total master of my chosen specialty, HECK YEAH!!!, I can also sing from time to time and play a number of other instruments pretty well ranging from an electric guiter to drums, even with all of this being able to Scratch out techno and dubstep on my sweet turntables will always remain my favorite out of anything. Go ahead, clap. Ya know it and want to! Things like piano's, violins and others like them I'll cringe at and tend to avoid but will sit to listen if my roommate, Octavia Melody, a pony who although dislikes a lot of what I do, what the actual buck?!, and plays a cello finds herself close friends with my awsome self and will often support me and play for me. Not only do I play a lot of different tracks or songs, I also write or mix a majority of them myself, only adding to my legendary title "Queen of wubs". My real name is something entirely different but I don't tell anypony what it is anymore.

Maybe not the smartest pony in Equestria, yeah, I'll admit it, but you say anything and I'll hoof you! I could definitely be the coolest. My ego can be a bit too much to handle at times by most but I'm not a stuck up pony. Stop glaring at me Tavi! Loyal, fiercely protective and willing to get down and dirty if a fight breaks out, I will do almost anything for my friends. Also being cocky and short tempered I will regularly lose my cool. if a friend or enemy were to throw an insult or joke at me, I would strain my brain to think of something just as bad or worse to shoot back at the pony who said it, either frustrating them or just annoying them, but even with this I would never do anything to truly hurt another pony who doesn’t deserve it and will comfort those who need it. I'm just that bucking awsome!!

Rumor or fact, it’s not really easy to tell but a few ponies to believe I'm to be a vampire on account of my deep RED eyes, nocturnal behavior and ability to stay up all night without showing signs of exhaustion. These can all be explained by simple things. Seriously. Stop bucking believing rumors everypony! The red eyes, it’s just my natural color. Nocturnal, my job as a DJ means that I'm is usually up late running my club, playing at a public or private house party or rave. Seemingly endless supply of energy, the I totally am addicted to energy drinks. Flavor and brand matter little to me as long as they work and keep me alert enough for this pony to keep dropping the bass for my crowds of fans and friends. LET'S CRANK IT UP!!!

l will often boast about being the best DJ in Equestria, cause it's so true! But if another can prove that they can either match my skill or at least give me a good run for a money I will show them a lot more respect than if they just claimed they are better and never showed it. Like one I have already encountered....but forget about it. I prefer to play alone but on occasions have been seen on stage with Neon Lights, the bucking jerk!, a pegasus called Glaze, Octavia but very rarely, and a few others. Yeah Tavi, I mentioned you too, deal with it.

To add on to not being the smartest of unicorns, my magical capabilities are somewhat lacking. Of course, I can lift small things with my magic, cause things to move either on their own accord or with my tampering and teleport short distances and not constantly. It's harder than it looks, ok?! Most of my magic is directed towards lights, flashes and other effects that take little magic to conjure but are not an easy thing to perfect. Does being really, REALLY loud and super awsome as the best DJ count as magic...? Cause I think so.

Anyways, now you know everypony, what I really am. Sorry, 'cause I still won't tell you my real name, but you like my two other names right? I mean really, who wants to be bored to death trying to find out my real name? I prefer just livening it up for everypony with all my music. Take it up with dubsteps, wubs, electronical rythems. You name it. Still I have been guilty on one or more occasions of sneaking Octavia's cello into my room. Honestly? It's stupid I know, but there's just something bucking awsome about mixing in classics with all the heavy beats of my wubs! I just can't get enough sometimes, not that I'll ever admit it to Tavi. Because if she ever learned that I was the one who kept making her favorite cello disappear at nights, I'd never hear the end of it. Kinda like it would be if she rolled my deck into her room for no apparent reason, other than to learn how to scratch it right? Haha, good luck with that!

Still, there is something seriously secret, that I have never told anypony, and will totally deny it if you blabbed to somepony else. Ya see, even though Octavia and I get on each other's nerves, I have grown kinda close to that infuriating mare. Now I know what you're all thinking. Ugh, I'm gay right? Well, yeah, but I don't care, and 'specially don't care what you ponies think of me. I'm only telling you this, because I have a sneaky suspicion Tavi already knows, but is making me sweat it out. Even I, the best DJ in Equestria, can't even say five simple words to her roomie. Five! Do you have any idea how much pressure I'm under when mixing and playing my deck? Well it's not even bucking close to the strain I endure to try and admit my feelings for Octavia, and going totally blank minded! Still, I will spill the beans someday, and make her realize just how close I consider her to my heart. Hell, even my horn has taken on her coat color, so that's a good sign for me eh?

Anyways, I told you ponies enough about me already, so I'm gonna bolt here and now. I have a gig I gotta get to, and some other ponies to make dance the night away! So, laterz!

Author's Note:

I searched everywhere for a place where the DJ would be in and interview. Luckily, I got just one where she spilled the beans completely. Over all success I think.
-
-
-
Maybe I'll add another chapter for Octavia's personal thoughts, because it does have her in this as well...let me know what you guys think so far.