• Published 26th Apr 2012
  • 547 Views, 25 Comments

Canterlot, Equestria, and Anything - Dusk Strider



Revolves around Cloud and I, and acts as a recount of all our journeys we had and are now on.

  • ...
 25
 547

(M-S)Home is Where the Hurt is.

Home is Where the Hurt is.




It was fairly late at night at the Strider and Treader residence. Although it had been late, Dusk and Cloud had still been up and wide awake on their bed. If it were any other night of the month, they would be well on their way to a wonderful dream together. Tonight though, had been a special night for the two. Tonight was special because it would be the beginning of the events that would have to unfold the day after. As they stared at the ceiling above, holding each other’s hooves, they began to talk.

“We don’t have to do this tomorrow, Dusky.” Cloud said, taking her gaze away from the ceiling and putting it on her wife.

“Cloie, if not tomorrow, then when? I don’t like it as much as you do, but if we don’t do this, it will only get bad later on,” said Dusk, taking her gaze off of the ceiling and looking towards her wife.

“I know…” Cloud lowered her gaze to avoid Dusk’s own.

Dusk turned herself on the bed to face Cloud and gave her a warm smile, “You have to admit, we’re pretty lucky we only have to do this once a month for just one day. Some couples do this sort of thing throughout the whole month.” Dusk wrapped her arm around Cloud and pulled her closer into a hug.

Cloud returned the smile and hugged Dusk back, “I know, it’s just… I don’t like making it personal between us. I don’t like pulling at past mistakes that didn’t even bother us when it happened.”

“Making it personal is part of the idea. We’ve done this before, and we always come out better after it, you know that.” Dusk comforted Cloud by brushing her hoof through Cloud’s hair.

“I know…” Cloud cheered up slightly more and nuzzled Dusk. She placed her head on her chest before continuing, “I guess we need to find a reason first.”

Dusk cuddled closer with Cloud, “Yes, but you should go first. I found the last one.”

Cloud sighed, “Ok… you didn’t do the dishes this morning…”

Dusk giggled slightly, “Come on Cloie, did that really annoy you?”

Cloud sighed again, “No… I know you did it when I was supposed to, to make up for it. Your turn.”

“Umm… you never make it easy for me…” Dusk giggled again.

“I’m sorry…”

Dusk held Cloud tighter, “It’s alright, if it was fair, I would make that the reason and leave it there, but it isn’t. It’s your turn.”

“Well…ok, but…never mind… umm… Oh! You left dirt tracks on the floor when you came back from your patrol searching for those Diamond Dogs.”

“Oh, hey, that is a good one….wait…but I cleaned it after I noticed it…”

“Oh, that’s right… well, it’s your turn.”
Dusk put some thought into what her next response would be. After she came to a conclusion, she looked Cloud directly in the eye, “I’m sorry for this.”

“Wait, what do you…Ow!”

Dusk bit Cloud on the shoulder with enough pressure to make her point without causing any real damage.

“Why did you do that!?” Cloud said, rubbing where Dusk had bit.

Dusk didn’t answer; instead, she rubbed her mane in Cloud’s face vigorously.

“Wait, stop!” Cloud said, trying to push Dusk away without much force.

Dusk didn’t stop; she kept continuing to rub her mane in Cloud’s face. When she finished, she kissed Cloud in an apologetic fashion before biting her on the shoulder again.

“Ow!” Cloud put more force into her push and knocked Dusk right off the bed. Cloud made her way to the edge of the bed to see if Dusk was ok. When she found Dusk, Cloud put on a very upset face mixed with a bit of sadness, “Dusky, why did you do that?”

Dusk’s only response was a smile and a wink.

Cloud was confused at first, but then finally understood. Her upset demeanor was quickly replaced with a much happier one when she looked towards Dusk.

“Mom is everything alright?” asked Roseus, apparently awoken from her sleep in her room across from her parents.

Dusk was the one to answer, “Yes dear, now go back to sleep please.”

“Ok,” said Roseus, as she was yawning.

Cloud offered her hoof to Dusk while holding on to her smile.

Dusk took the offer and climbed back in bed with Cloud. They fixed their position, and Dusk was back to holding Cloud from behind as they held each other’s hooves.

“I can’t wait for tomorrow,” said Cloud with a slight hymn to her tone.

“Why is that, Cloie,” said Dusk, nuzzling Cloud.

“I’m going to get you back for biting me.” Cloud giggled.

“Good.” Dusk giggled along with her. “I’ll take Rosey to Fluttershy, and then we can start.”

“Ok. I’ll visit Derpy at the Post Office and ask for bubble wrap for the furniture.”

“Sounds good; love you, dear.” Dusk kissed Cloud on the cheek before resting her head on the pillow.

“Love you too.” Cloud left one hoof over the ones Dusk had wrapped around her, and placed her other hoof on top of Dusk’s waist behind her.

-----------------------------------------------------------.-----------------------------------------------

It was early in the morning as Dusk Strider and Roseus Shimmer were walking around in Ponyville. Roseus had wanted to make one stop before making their way to her aunt’s cottage. She was planning on getting a snack for her and her aunt while she stayed over. As they were walking, Roseus had some questions on her mind.

“Mother, what happened last night?” asked Roseus, looking up to Dusk.

“Oh… Cloud had a bug on her that kept biting. She tried getting it off, but she accidently pushed me off the bed.” Dusk said, looking down to Roseus with an adoring smile.

“Oh, okay… what happened to the bug?”

“What happened to the bug? Hmm, your mother Cloud caught it and let it out through the window.”

“But we sleep on the second floor… did it fall and hit the floor?”

“What? No, it had wings and flew away.” Dusk gave another smile.

“That’s good.” Another question crossed her mind, “Why were you and mom quiet during breakfast?”

“We were just tired from what happened last night. Don’t worry your little head.” Dusk gave another adoring smile.

Roseus returned a smile of her own, “Ok, mother.”

Dusk and Roseus reached the town’s confectionery shop and made their way in. The smell of sweets and freshly made baked goods dominated the air inside the shop. Roseus took a moment to enjoy it all in one deep inhale, and exhaled with great delight. Dusk tried her hardest not to let her wings flutter as she enjoyed the smell as well. When they regained their composure, they walked over to the front desk and rang the bell. It wasn’t long until a certain pink pony bounced her way to the front from the kitchen.

“Hey Dusky,” said Pinkie with her usual cheeriness. “And hello to you too, Little Rosey.”

Roseus giggled and gave a huge smile, “Hi, Pinkie pie!”

“How’s the cutest pink pony I’ve ever seen doing?”

“I don’t know; how are you doing?”

Pinkie pie laughed heartily with a light snort in between. “Aren’t you a clever pony? Well, I’m doing amazingly! Mr. and Mrs. Cake and the foals are still in their bed. I’ve been the one baking since I was awake. So, what brings you both here?”

Dusk was about to answer, but Roseus looked eager to do so. Dusk looked at Roseus, gave her a smile, and let her answer.

“We came over so we could get a snack for when I visit Auntie Fluttershy and spend some time there.” Roseus held onto her wide smile.

“Oh, really? Hmm…” Pinkie Pie was pondering for a moment before she looked back to Roseus, “How does this sound? You stay and help bake the treats you were going to bring to Fluttershy, and when we’re done, we can both go over and visit! Does that sound like a fun idea?”

Roseus jumped in the air with glee at the idea, “Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!”

“We should ask your mom first though.” Pinkie Pie looked up to Dusk Strider, who had still been smiling as she listened to the conversation. “Is that ok with you, Dusky?”

“Yeah, sounds like a great idea. Fluttershy is expecting her in the afternoon anyways.”

“Plenty of time then!” Pinkie Pie looked back to Roseus, “Are you ready?”

“Yes, yes, yes!” Roseus repeated cheerfully. Before she went with Pinkie, she gave her mother a hug, “Thank you, mom. I’ll see you later.”

“You’re welcome, dear. Have fun!” Dusk said, hugging her daughter back.

“See you later, Dusky!” said Pinkie Pie from behind the desk.

“See you later, Pinkie.” Dusk watched her daughter join Pinkie Pie in the back of the kitchen. When they were out of sight, Dusk made her way back home.

----------------------------------------.-------------------------------------------

Cloud Treader had been spending her morning in the Ponyville Post Office. She was waiting for Dusk Strider’s cousin, Derpy Hooves, to ask for a rather large amount of bubble wrap. She could have asked anypony that was working there, but she wanted to visit her family members at least once whenever she had the chance. As she waited, she watched as different ponies came in and out of the post office, bringing and leaving different types of parcels and packages.

One pony had caught Cloud’s eye though, a white coated, blue mane, beauty of a mare. She knew her as one of the element bearers that visited Canterlot and Canterlot Castle once in a while. She was also the pony that Fluttershy recommended to make the wedding dress for Cloud Treader for her wedding with Dusk Strider. She watched as the mare walked off with three packages being levitated by her magic before being knocked off balance by a rather rude donkey. The mare dropped all of her packages on the ground and fell on her back. Cloud rushed over to help the mare and see if she was all right.

Cloud pulled up the mare and helped dust her off, “Are you alright?”

The mare shook her head from her dizziness. When she felt steady again, she looked to Cloud and gave an appreciative smile, “I was dear, until…Somepony, pushed me!” The mare yelled in the direction of the donkey that turned and lifted her head in a snobbish way.

The mare did the same to the donkey before looking back to Cloud who had just finished grabbing all the packages on the ground. “Thank you, umm… I’m sorry, but you look familiar. Have we met before?”

“Sort of…umm…kind off--.”

“Oh! You’re Fluttershy’s cousin, is that correct? A Ms…. Ms. Treader, correct?”

“Yes. Fluttershy recommended you to help make my wedding dress before.”

“Oh, that is correct! I hoped it was to your liking!”

Cloud Treader blushed slightly, “Yes, yes I did. I told you how much I loved it when you gave it to me”

“Well I am glad to help for such a wonderful occasion. I’m sorry I couldn’t remember everything, I’m a bit busy with a stack of orders lately.” Said the mare, looking towards the packages.

“Oh, well I don’t want to keep you.”

“It’s quite alright. It’s always nice seeing clients from before, especially one that is a family member of my friend’s. I must be going, though.” The mare levitated the packages again, but one had its contents spill out all over the floor. The mare gasped as she saw it fall to the ground.

Cloud Treader examined the contents closer and realized what they had been. She looked to the mare, “Are…are those griffin feathers?”

The mare looked nervous, “Umm…no?”

Cloud analyzed her for a moment before looking down and helping gather all the feathers. She put them in the box, and quickly took the mare and the packages to the front of the post office before anypony had seen what had happened.

Cloud Treader looked into the mare’s eyes, “I’m part of the Royal Guard, you can trust me. Are those griffin feathers?”

The mare tried to look away and swung her head from side to side, but eventually looked back to Cloud, “…Yes.”

Cloud didn’t hesitate to continue, “Where did you get them?”

The mare was frightened, “It was…it was from a client… Is there something wrong?”

Cloud was shocked for a moment, but focused back on the mare, “There might be… There was an attack on a griffin delegate a week ago, and he had all of his feathers plucked. There were no traces of those feathers back on the airship taking him back to the griffin lands. I…I think those are his feathers… I mean, they’re exactly the same as in our report.”

The mare was shocked, her mouth agape, and she had been trembling.

Cloud placed her hooves on the mare’s shoulders to calm her down. When the mare did calm down, Cloud continued, “I need to know who your client is.”

The mare used her magic to rip the sticker with the client’s name on it off the package, and gave it to Cloud.

Cloud read it over, and when she was done, she gave a nod and looked back to the mare, “What is your name?”

“It’s…Rarity.”

More information associated to that name flooded Cloud’s mind, but she didn’t have the time to pay any attention to it all. “Rarity, I’m going to give this to the Royal Guards. I want you to continue to work for your client for now. When we get all the information we need, we’ll bring whoever did this to justice. Don’t worry about your safety, I’ll check on you personally to see if you are all right. Do you understand?”

Rarity nodded.

“Ok. Don’t worry; I’ll make sure nothing happens to you. We’ll catch this fiend yet. Now go on, I’ll check on you when I finish my other business today.”

Rarity nodded again, and then walked off with her packages.

Cloud watched as Rarity made her way back to her boutique, but her concentration was broken when a loud crash had come from inside the Post Office. She made her way inside again to see everypony inside the Post Office in confusion. The door leading to the back had been open, so she made her way towards it.

When she peaked in, she saw that many of the packages and parcels were scattered all over the back room. Some workers were crowded over another pony under some of the packages, so Cloud walked over to see what had happened.

“Excuse me. I’m a Royal Guard, can you let me through please?” asked Cloud, as she made her way past the workers. She usually didn’t use her title to get her own way, but if it looked important enough, she wouldn’t think twice.

The workers moved aside to reveal a grey pony rubbing her head.

Cloud immediately recognized the pony, “Derpy? Are you all right?” she helped up the downed pegasus.

“Cloud, is that you? ….Ow,” said the pegasus as she stood up, still holding her hoof to her head.

“Yes, it’s me. What happened?”

“I was coming back from my delivery, but then I had another headache. The next thing I knew, I was under all these packages.”

“What a klutz.” Said one of the workers with an angry expression.

Cloud looked back at him with fierce eyes, “What did you say?”

The worker pony became small quickly, “N-nothing…umm…everypony, get this cleaned up,” he squeaked.

The other workers groaned.

Cloud gave the same look to them, which changed their attitudes quickly.

“Um, yes sir!” said one pony.

“On it sir, no problem, sir!” said another.

Cloud looked back to the original worker that had earned her wrath. Her tone was more of a calmer one, which betrayed her expression, “Do you have anywhere where I can talk to her in private?”

“Umm, yes, you can take my office over there.” He pointed to the door in the corner marked as ‘Boss’.

“Thank you,” said Cloud, walking Derpy towards the room with her hoof over her shoulder.

--------------------------.---------------------------------

When they were alone in the office, Cloud closed the door and took a seat beside Derpy, who had still been trying to massage her head.

As soon as Cloud sat, Derpy spoke, “I can’t believe you spoke to my boss like that. I’m going to be in more trouble later.”

Cloud placed her hoof over Derpy’s shoulder, “No, I’ll make sure they don’t. Dusk protects my cousin Fluttershy, and I’ll make sure to protect you the same way.” Cloud hugged Derpy, “Now what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know… I was just coming back from my deliveries and… I just crashed…again…” Derpy stared to the ground.

“Before you crashed, you said you had another headache. What did you mean?”

“Oh, I’m not sure. My head just really hurt, like something had just hit it.”

“Maybe that is what happened.”

Derpy looked up to Cloud, “What do you mean?”

“Maybe something did hit your head as you were coming towards the Post Office. Can you remember what it could have been?”

Derpy took a moment to think, “N-no…wait… It could have been that ball the colts were playing with when I flew by.”

“Well, that must have been it.” Cloud gave a reassuring smile.

Derpy smiled back, “Yeah!”

The mares shared a giggle for a moment.

“So, are you feeling better?” asked Cloud.

“Yes, thank you.” Derpy went in and hugged Cloud.

Cloud returned the hug, “Derpy, are these stallions usually this mean?”

“No, they’re actually really nice. They’re just upset that today has been very busy.”

“Oh, ok. That’s good to know. How’s Dinky doing?”

“She’s doing very well. How is Rosey?”

“She’s doing wonderfully as well. Oh, before I forget, you don’t happen to have bubble wrap?”

“Is…is it Dusk and yours….you know…” Derpy fiddled with her hooves.

Cloud sighed, “Yes.”

Derpy hugged Cloud again, “Good luck. The boss has the key to where we keep all the bubble wrap. He’s locked it up since one of the workers was caught playing with them.”

Cloud smiled, “Thank you. Just stay here, ok? Until you feel better. I’ll ask your boss.”

Derpy nodded her head. Before Cloud opened the door, “Please don’t be angry at him, he’s really nice…just…tired.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be nice.” Cloud left the room and looked for the boss.

When she found him resting on one of the chairs, she walked up to him. When he saw her coming, he began to sweat nervously.

“Derpy told me you had keys to where the bubble wrap is. I need some, and I’m willing to pay you for it.”

“O-ok, it’s just this way.” The boss of the Post Office guided her to the storage room and opened it.

Cloud retrieved all the bubble wrap she thought she would need, and paid the boss what she thought was fair. The boss looked towards the large sac of bits with amazement.

“That goes to your other workers as well.”

“O-of course.”

“One more thing.” Cloud closed the door with her rear hoof and shoved the boss to the wall, “I expect you to treat Derpy with more respect. If I hear anything otherwise, I will…come back.” Cloud released her grasp, and went back and opened the door. Before she left, she looked back once more to the boss, “She thinks you’re a nice pony, so don’t take advantage of her nice nature.” Cloud turned around and left the room with the bundle of bubble wrap on her back.

--------------------------------------------------.-----------------------------------------

It was now well into the afternoon in Ponyville. The pathways were now bustling with noise and ponies. Dusk Strider had been outside the door to her home, readying herself for whatever laid just beyond. When she felt she was confident as she could be, she opened the door. When she walked in, the whole house from within had been shrouded in bubble wrap. As she walked further in, each step gave off a popping sound.

When she reached the stairs, the door behind her shut, and she looked to see why. What she had seen wasn’t far from what she expected, but it still was something able to catch her off guard. It was Cloud Treader, but different. She had her hair tied into a ponytail, and she was wearing make-up. The sight stunned Dusk, having her heart skip many beats from how her wife was using her beauty to her advantage.

The only thought that crossed Dusk’s mind was, “That’s not even fair.”

Cloud, seeing that she had Dusk where she wanted her, spoke in a voice that she only used on their special nights together, “Dusky, you don’t want to make this too easy, do you?”

Dusk shook her head from all the amorous thoughts she was having. Before she could finish though, a hard kick had come from her side. The blow caused her to crash her head into the wall next to her.

She tried to focus, and when she did, she saw the next kick coming straight towards her. She ducked down and when the kick hit the wall, Cloud recoiled from the pain on her rear hoof.

Dusk took the advantage and drop kicked Cloud straight into the bubble wrapped bookcase. When Cloud was on the ground, Dusk pressed on by flying a punch towards the downed mare.

Cloud shifted below Dusk and dodged the punch, using her downed state as a ruse to use Dusk’s force against her.

While Cloud moved below Dusk, she back flipped and kicked Dusk straight into the bookcase. Cloud didn’t waste a single moment, and grabbed Dusk from behind and flipped backwards to toss her to the ground.

Dusk was quick to respond though, and landed on her hooves and used Cloud’s own attack against her by flipping herself and driving Cloud to the ground on her face.

Before Dusk could get another attack in, Cloud swiped Dusk into the air with a swift kick and punched her into the wall.

Cloud stopped her attack and waited for Dusk to get back up. When she did, Cloud raised her hooves into a fighting stance and balanced herself by lightly flapping her wings. She smirked at Dusk, waiting for her to be ready.

When Dusk managed to get into the same fighting stance as Cloud, they begun again.

The first few punches were Dusk’s, all which missed. When Cloud had ducked her head, she went straight for Dusk’s stomach. She only needed the one punch for Dusk to recoil in pain and lose her balance.

When Dusk found herself in trouble, Cloud pressed on her attack with each punch landing. One to the chest, one to the side and one to the face. Dusk shook off all the blows and decided to tackle Cloud to the ground.

They tumbled on the ground for a bit, but when Dusk was finally on top, she used that to her advantage. Cloud tried to block each punch, but some still made their way through.

When Cloud couldn’t take anymore, she pulled Dusk forward and slammed her head into Dusk’s face, causing Dusk to fall off.

Now that Dusk was on the floor, Cloud took the advantage and sat over her. Cloud threw every punch she could at Dusk, each as devastating as the last. She didn’t let up the attack, nor did she show any remorse.

Dusk had one last move to get her out of her predicament. She unfurled her wings and wrapped Cloud in it, bringing her towards Dusk. When Dusk managed to wrap her hooves around Cloud, she unfurled her wings again and kicked Cloud into the ceiling.

As Cloud was coming down, Dusk aimed for her face and punched as hard as she could. The punch was enough to knock her onto the staircase.

When Dusk walked up to Cloud, she went in for another punch towards Cloud’s face. She had been stopped though when Cloud grabbed her hoof and threw her towards the staircase. Cloud stomped her hoof on Dusk’s head onto the edge of one of the steps, causing Dusk to be disoriented.

While Dusk was disoriented, Cloud grabbed onto one of Dusk’s hooves and dragged her up the stairs. Each step was met by Dusk’s face. When they had finally reached the top, Cloud stood Dusk up in front of the door to their room and kicked her through it.

As Dusk lay on the ground, Cloud walked over and sat on top of her. As she lifted her hoof for one more punch, she carefully aimed at Dusk’s motionless face. When she was sure it would be the finishing move, she went for the punch.

Before the punch had landed though, Dusk shoved the punch to the side with one hoof, wrapped her other hoof around Cloud’s waist and pulled her in for a kiss.

Cloud was better trained for many different situations, but a kiss from her wife wasn’t one of them. All of Cloud’s built up anger had dissipated during the fight, and whatever was left was stripped away with the kiss. She was now feeling nothing but complete passion with her wife.

Cloud wrapped her hooves around Dusk as they continued to kiss. Instinctively, they made their way towards the bed and lied upon it. For the next few hours, they continued to kiss and hold each other, embracing each other’s love.

-------------------------------.---------------------------------

The sun was now on its way down from its long hours of being in the sky. Ponyville was going quiet as all were now heading back into their homes. Roseus had been spending time with her aunt and Pinkie Pie, eating treats and helping with the animals. Derpy was now home with her daughter, Dinky, spending their time playing with one another. Rarity was working on the ensemble for a serial feather harvester. Lastly, Dusk and Cloud were facing each other as they held each other in their hooves with their hind legs wrapped around one another’s.

“You were always the better fighter, Cloie,” said Dusk, nuzzling her wife.

“Well, you were always the better lover, Dusky,” said Cloud, nuzzling Dusk back.

“How do you feel?”

Cloud tightened her hold on Dusk, “Much, ‘much’ better.” She let out a little giggle.

“I knew you would. I told you this would make us better afterwards.”

Cloud giggled a little more, “Yes, yes you did.” She laid her head on Dusk’s chest. “Did you get to see how Fluttershy was doing?”

“No, I’m sorry. When we went to Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie wanted Rosey to help with the treats she was going to bring with her. When they finished, they both went to Fluttershy’s together.”

“It’s ok, that sounds like a better idea actually.”

“I kinda liked the idea of it too. How is Derpy?”

“She had an accident, and some ponies gave her some trouble, but I handled it.”

“Thank you.” Dusk kissed Cloud on the forehead.

“Your family is my family.” Cloud kissed Dusk on the lips before laying her head back on Dusk’s chest.

“When would you like to pick up Rosey?”

“Mmm, maybe in a few minutes.”

Dusk giggled lightly, “Ok.”

“There’s just one matter of business to handle left.”

“What is that?”

“This.”

“Wha…Ow!”

------------------------------------------------.--------------------------------

End of “Home is Where the Hurt is.”

Comments ( 2 )

Hahaajah! I love it, the concept of a monthly fight for the perfect couple. That's genius. I smell a plot though....

1263243

We're so glad you're happy with it... we felt really bad for taking so long for writing more chapters

The perfect couple though...:pinkiesad2:... that means a lot... so.. thank you very much..

*Giggles* A plot? I'm... honestly not sure what you mean by that...:raritywink:

Login or register to comment