• Published 21st Oct 2014
  • 1,062 Views, 31 Comments

A Blooming Diamond: The Wrath of Silver Spoon - PastelBacon



Granny Smith's dead, Scootaloo's no longer a crusader, and Silver Spoon really hates Applebloom and Diamond Tiara for making friends with them. The question being, with Silver looming, will the new friends stick together, or will they break

  • ...
5
 31
 1,062

Chapter 9: Loss of Friends

Applebloom was sitting in her room. Diamond Tiara with her. Applebloom had stayed in her room since Diamond had gotten her home hours ago. She barely moved or budged, she only seemed to look down.

"Applebloom... you've been staring at the same spot for 2 hours now..." Diamond said, worriedly.

Applebloom didn't respond.

"Come on Applebloom... give me something... anything... I'm worried right now, and I know Applejack and Big Mac are." Diamond then said.

Applebloom still didn't respond.

"Please Applebloom... it's not healthy to stay this sad.. you gotta let it out... come on I'll give you a hug." Diamond said, climbing into the bed and hugging Applebloom.

"........." Applebloom still said nothing, but she did look at Diamond Tiara, the first time she'd moved her eyes in 2 hours.

"I know it sucks... but think of it this way. I was like you are right now at one point. What difficulties you get through only make you stronger, what difficulties you try to avoid, only keep bothering you until you give up." Diamond said.

"..............................." Applebloom had not said anything for 2 hours either.

"We can work on your project together." Diamond said, with a positive attitude.

"................." Applebloom seemed to still be speechless.

Diamond thought Applebloom wasn't going to respond once again, but was cut off mid sentence.

"Applebloom.. come on, this is really hard on me too yo-" Diamond was saying before the cut off.

"You just don't understand do you? The difference between you and me? Yeah there was a point you didn't have friends either. But it's because nopony liked you anyway. Me, ah just lost my best friends in Equestria. You have no idea how ah feel right now." Applebloom said, a bit harsh.

"Oh.... I... sorry Applebloom...." Diamond said, backing off a little.

"Ah drove my best friends away. Ah'm just as bad as Silver Spoon." Applebloom said, hitting her bed.

"You are nowhere near as bad as Silver Spoon!" Diamond said, seemingly offended that Applebloom would compare herself to that wretched silver filly.

"Ya sound offended like she's still yer friend or something." Applebloom said, looking at Diamond again.

"She's not my friend, but I am offended. I am offended you'd think she and you are alike. You are much better than her. She used her friends. Your friends were actual friends to you. Not puppets." Diamond stated sternly.

"Puppets...Actual Friends... does it make a difference either way when they're gone? Ah don't think so." Applebloom barked.

"Applebloom. Listen to what you are saying. This isn't you. I want the real you." Diamond forwardly stated.

"...Whatever." Applebloom said, blowing Diamond off almost.

"APPLEBLOOM!" Diamond yelled.

Applebloom flinched, not expecting Diamond to yell at her, she looked over at Diamond, a different look in her own eyes now.

"S-s-s-s-sorry....." Applebloom said, a bit quietly

"It's fine... but you really need to calm down.... It really sucks to see you like this, It's making me feel really bad." Diamond said, her voice softer than before now.

"But ah'm the one who lost her friends... how does that make you sad......" Applebloom wondered.

"Because you're sad." Diamond simply replied.

"Oh... ah guess that makes sense...." Applebloom said, sort of addressing Diamond Tiara but not really.

"Come on. We need to go eat. It's dinner time." Diamond told Applebloom.

"Ah'm not hungry...." Applebloom stated.

"Dangit Applebloom... please. As your friend, I'm asking you please. Maybe I don't understand completely, but you don't understand how this is effecting me...." Diamond replied.

"Have ya really changed all that much?" Applebloom asked.

"Wha... what do you mean?" Diamond answered with a question of her own, in a surprised tone.

"Almost everything ya have said is about you. You this, you that. It's like it's all about you, just like it was when ya were friends with Silver Spoon." Applebloom said a bit angrily.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to come off like that, I'm just so worried is all. I don't want you to let this dictate the rest of your life is all." Diamond replied.

"And how do you suppose ah go about making it not?" Applebloom asked, raising her eyebrow.

"First you need to get a hold of yourself. Moping and Complaining isn't going to do you any good. You have to get past this, then we'll find Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, and we will talk to them. I assure you that I will help you get your best friends back." Diamond stated.

"And just how are ya gonna do that?" Applebloom asked another question.

"By being here with you and monitoring your progress like a good friend, and like a good friend, I'm not going to tell you what you WANT to hear, I'm going to tell you what you NEED to hear. If some of it's harsh, I apologize, but life can be harsh, this is a good example of it with what you're going through right now, you're going through a really rough time, maybe the roughest time of your life right now, with your Granny and now all of this, it would make anypony cringe and feel like it's hopeless and not worth it, or can't do it, but I know that together we can get and will get through this, cause like the saying goes, Friendship is Magic." Diamond said, with a bit of a smile.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment