• Published 21st Oct 2014
  • 1,062 Views, 31 Comments

A Blooming Diamond: The Wrath of Silver Spoon - PastelBacon



Granny Smith's dead, Scootaloo's no longer a crusader, and Silver Spoon really hates Applebloom and Diamond Tiara for making friends with them. The question being, with Silver looming, will the new friends stick together, or will they break

  • ...
5
 31
 1,062

Chapter 2: An Interesting Day at School

"Alright class, today we'll be learning about the history of Canterlot. Now I know your probably all wondering, why are we learning about Canterlot? We live in Ponyville. Well, Canterlot is the most populated place in Equestria, and is also the most key place of equestria, as It's home to the castle of the rulers of equestria, our long time Princesses, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, as well as to both their royal guards. Now what you may not know is-" Cheerilee was saying, before being cut off by an interuppting Silver Spoon.

"Who cares about the history of Canterlot? It's gotta be a very very boring subject." Silver Spoon stated in a bored tone.

"Actually Silver Spoon, the history of Canterlot has a lot to do with Discord, and nothing Discord does is boring, as much as I hate to admit to his antics, as one way or another things get turned upside down... literally." Cheerilee told Silver.

"We're just kids, how are we supposed to know what your talking about?" asked Silver.

"....Are you serious?" Cheerilee asked.

"What? It's a legitimate question." Silver replied.

"I know you don't know what I'm talking about it, that's why your here to learn." Cheerilee stated.

"Yeah, whatever." Silver said in a non-caring tone.

"You know, you should be more respectful to your teacher, after all... you can learn a lot of things from older ponies. Even I take some time to sit back and learn." said a male voice, that belonged to who Cheerilee was just talking about.

The entire classroom looked back at Discord, who was sitting in an oversized desk, well, it was big enough for him, he had a giant pencil in his hand and overly sized reading glasses.

"What? I'm just saying." Discord stated, noting that suddenly all eyes in the room were staring at him.

"Discord, what are you doing?" Cheerilee asked.

"Why learning of course my dear Cheerilee." Discord stated with a grin.

"Yeah...... okay as I was saying class.... we'll be learning about..." Cheerilee stopped as she heard something that sounded like a game being played, looking back at Discord.

"High Score! Let's see anypony beat 530,000,000,000!" Discord said, playing an old arcade game on a portable game device.

"DISCORD!" Cheerilee yelled.

"What?" Discord asked, acting as if he did nothing.

"It's fine that you want to play as a student in the class, just so long as you actually don't disturb my actual class." Cheerilee replied in a serious tone.

"OH Pooh. Fine, I'll play by your rules my sweet sunflower." Discord said with a wink.

"Um... b-back to the lesson now..." Cheerilee said, blushing a bit from Discord's comment.

"Yes, back to the lesson dear, these children need to learn someway or another." Discord said.

"Shut up Discord." Cheerilee stated, annoyed.

"Oh, now that isn't very nice Ms. Cheerilee, a teacher shouldn't use that sort of language, especially to one of their own students." Discord mocked, pretending to be offended.

"YOU ARE NOT A STUDENT IN MY CLASS!" Cheerilee yelled.

The entire Classroom looked at Cheerilee, surprised at the longtime teacher's visual and sudden outburst.

"Eheheh.... sorry." Cheerilee said with a nervous giggle.

"Tsk tsk tsk, yelling at a student in class, afraid I'm gonna have to write you up for that." said Discord, who was suddenly standing at the entrance of the classroom wearing a Principal like outfit and jotting something down on a notepad.

"I'm getting really angry right now Discord." Cheerile said, her face now red from anger, not from blushing.

"Well I apologize Ms. Cheerilee, I'll go sit back down now." Discord said, chuckling as he pet the school mare's head and returned to his oversized seat.

"Now then.... as I was saying....DISCORD!" Cheerilee yelled, before she could even finish her original sentence.

"What?" Discord asked, his desk on the ceiling upside down while he was sitting in it.

"I don't see anything wrong with what I'm doing." Discord said.

"YOUR SITTING ON THE CEILING!" Cheerilee screamed.

"Correction, I'm sitting at my desk. My desk simply happens to be on the ceiling instead of the floor." Discord stated with a chuckle.

"He's weird." Diamond said to Applebloom.

"Oh trust me, Discord is way beyond weird, he's Discord." Applebloom stated.

"Yes, that is who I am, I am Discord, Discord is me, I Discord." Discord said, suddenly next to the two.

"AAH!" Applebloom jumped, falling out of her chair.

"Stop doing that!" Diamond said to Discord, before helping Applebloom up.

"You ok Applebloom?" Diamond asked her friend.

"Yeah.. ah'm fine." Applebloom replied.

"I'm actually trying to learn you multiple... where'd he go?" Diamond said, confused.

"Now, we'll be learning about Quantum Physics and the entire history of the universe." Discord said, now in a teacher's outfit, with some teacher's glasses on.

"YOU CAN'T TEACH SMALL CHILDREN ABOUT QUANTUM PHYSICS, DISCORD!" Cheerilee screamed, becoming very frustrated with the Draconequus.

"Quiet!" Discord shouted, before using magic to place Cheerilee in a chair in the back of the room.

"I AM NOT A... MM!" Cheerilee got cut off, Discord making her mouth disappear.

"You'll get that back when your ready." Discord said, smiling before returning to the board.

"Now, where were we... right! Chaos Theory!" Discord excitingly shouted.

"What's Chaos Theory?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Ah, I'm glad you asked Sweetie Belle. You could actually teach your sister a thing or two with this. You see, a lot of ponies cannot understand how I use my magic, as whenever they try my type of magic, it always fails. Why is this you ask? Well it's because Chaos Magic does what you least expect. If you expect it to work, it will never work." Discord stated.

"..which means?" Sweetie confusingly questioned.

"Which means that when you expect it to fail, it will work every time!" Discord replied with glee.

"Uh......" Sweetie managed to utter.

"Perhaps we should try something easier." Discord said.

The entire class nodded

"Let's learn about mating." Discord said with a chuckle.

"EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" the entire classroom said in unison.

"Okay, how about-" Discord was saying, before being cut off by another pony entering the room.

"That's enough Discord." A Majestic voice that belonged to only one said.

The entire class looked over and stared in shock and awe at who was standing in the door, as it was none other than Princess Celestia, who then made her way into the classroom.

"But I was having fun!" Discord pouted.

"Not everything's about having fun." Celestia stated.

"Oh your such a buzzkill Celestia..." Discord said, groaning.

"And your out of Control." Celestia said, giving Discord a look that scared him.

"EE! Alright alright." Discord said, knowing what that look was for, he gave cheerilee her mouth back and exited the room.

Cheerilee walked back to the front of the class, also quite shocked to see the Princess in her room, she bowed out of respect.

"Thank you Princess Celestia." Cheerilee said with a relieved tone.

"You are welcome Ms. Cheerilee." Celestia said, before beginning to exit the room.

"Wait!" Cheerilee yelled, hoping the Alicorn would stop.

"Hmm? What is it Ms. Cheerilee?" Celestia asked, stopping.

"U-Um... I was about to go over the history of Canterlot. I don't really know it all too well actually, do you think you could stay a bit and help the kids learn about it?" Cheerilee asked.

"I don't see any reason why not." Celestia said with a smile, before returning to the room.

"I'll sit in the empty desk Scootaloo is usually in." Cheerilee said.

"You may stay at your desk Cheerilee, Im used to standing for long periods of time." Celestia stated.

"Oh... ok" Cheerilee said, returning to her desk and sitting down.

"Yes, what is it Sweetie Belle?" Celestia asked, acknowledging a raised hoof Sweetie Belle.

"Did you and Princess Luna ever go to school when you were young?" Sweetie asked, her question actually peaking interest out of every pony in the room except Silver Spoon as they all seemed to look at Celestia, waiting for her answer.

"I did not. I learned everything I knew back then from either my mother, or by reading books." Celestia answered, the classroom seemingly a bit surprised by the Alicorn's answer.

"Really?" Applebloom asked.

"Yes, back then there was no thing like school, nor had it even been thought of. The Actual 'School' for learning is not even as old as my School for Gifted Unicorns, which was originally called 'Academy for Gifted Unicorns'." Celestia replied.

"Is Starswirl the Bearded Real?" Twist asked.

"Yes Twist, Starswirl was indeed a real being. One of the most gifted magic users Equestria has ever had, but he did not understand friendship." Celestia stated.

"How did you make Princess Twilight an alicorn?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"That is something that I cannot explain in terms that you will understand, for not even an elder pony can understand it." Celestia replied.

"Why is that? I thought all magic was teachable." Diamond said.

"Much like I overheard Discord talk about Chaos Magic and how it's unpredictable, you are wrong my little pony. There is magic that is both forbidden, and to complex for that of a standard magic user to understand. Princess Twilight simply had the gift of being able to learn things that most ponies could not at a young age, and that is why I took her under my wing, but not even I expected she would make it this far this fast. I believe in time, she may even surpass the ability of my own." Celestia stated.

The entire class gasped, seemingly shocked at the idea of a pony who's only been an alicorn for 2 years would soon surpass a Lifelong Alicorn, who's life was more than 2 millenia long

A guard walked into the room and muttered something into the Princesses ear before leaving the room.

"I am sorry my little ponies, but I must be on my way, I am needed back in Canterlot for something important. Cheerilee you may contact me again if you wish for me to speak about Canterlot if I can." Celestia stated.

The entire class ran up and hugged Celestia except for Silver Spoon, whom Celestia eyed a bit, but let it slide before giving her goodbyes and leaving, the bell for the end of the school day soon ringing afterwards.

30 minutes later

"Have you seen Scootaloo at all? Sweetie? Diamond?" Applebloom asked, worried for her former fellow Cutie Mark Crusader and close friend.

"I haven't seen her since the day she quit the Crusaders." Sweetie sadly replied.

"She quit the Crusaders? Diamond asked, a bit surprised.

"Yeah... she felt like she wasn't needed anymore... and we miss her real bad..." Applebloom said, looking down at the ground sadly.

"I'll help you find her." Diamond said with a smile.

"R-Really?" Applebloom asked.

"REALLY?" Sweetie said loudly, squeaking.

"Yes." Diamond simply replied.

Both Sweetie Belle and Applebloom hugged Diamond Tiara, making it official the three were friends.