• Published 30th Jan 2015
  • 914 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Dashie: Help from another universe - BlazeGriff1n



What if you could change the story of a beautiful friendship ?

  • ...
5
 4
 914

Chapter 6 - Goodbye Earth

Chapter 6 – Goodbye Earth

It was Dashie's farewell letter to her father. I already knew this letter from the story, but it was a whole different feeling to really hold the letter in my hands. I put it gently back into the pages.

I flipped through the previous pages and looked at the pictures one by one. Dashie and her father really had a good time together. Thereupon I got doubts. How would your father react to me? A second person who is also her „Daddy"? Maybe Marlene was right after all and I should stay out of this story. At that moment Dashie flew into my living room.

„The house is empty, I didn't find him. He's probably still in town, but he'd have to come home soon."

„Dashie? Can we talk to each other for a moment?" I asked her.

She gave me a disturbing look, as if she already knew what I was going to tell her. Then she flew over and sat down next to me on the sofa.

„Look. You still remember then how I helped you and how you could live your life again, remember?

„Yes, but what are you trying to tell me?" she looked at me confused.

„I think we have reached that point again. You know, when your daddy is with you again, I have to go back to my world. It is time for me to go again."

„No! You can't just go! You can't just go and leave me." she said and began to cry slowly.

„I have to, Dashie! How would your daddy react if there was someone next to him whom you also call daddy?

„Please don't go away! My dad is a very nice person! You will like him! You will both get along great!"

„I am sure of that. But I don't want to confuse your world any more, I don't belong here. My only goal was for you to be with your dad again."

Her tears came when I said that sentence.

„But I need you," she said to me in a tearful voice.

„He needs YOU, Dashie. That is the important thing at this moment. You will have a wonderful time with him."

Celestia had stood in the room and listened to everything. The tears also came to her.

„He's right, Rainbow Dash. I'll make sure you both live happily ever after in Equestria."

Rainbow Dash seemed to understand why I could not stay with her and tried to accept it. She didn't know anything about my deal with Celestia. I only hoped that her spell would work and that we could all continue our old lives. I wanted to give Rainbow Dash a moment for herself, so I went out the door. Suddenly I heard something behind me. Someone came out of the barn next to the house.

He was wearing a black hoodie, the hood pulled over his face. His hands were pressed into his trouser pockets. When I noticed that the person was walking right toward the house, I knew who the person was. Dashie's Daddy.

I ran into the house and told them that he would be right here. So we gathered in the living room and waited. Rainbow Dash wanted to surprise her father. He came to the door, unlocked it and entered the house. He might have noticed immediately that there was light in the living room.

„Hello? Is anyone there?" he asked shyly, not to attract too much attention.

Dashie noticed his voice immediately.

„Daddy?" She shouted from the living room over to him.

At first he didn't answer, but then I heard him purposefully running towards the living room. When he stood in the door, he stopped for a moment and put his hood down and stared stunned at her.

„D...Dashie?"

„Daddy!"

Now I could see that he wore a small beard and the hairstyle was slightly mixed, similar to Rainbow Dash...well, except for the beard.

Her father stood completely still when Dashie flew right into his arms.

„Oh God, Dashie! It really is you! How is that possible?" her father said with tears in his eyes.

„How is it possible that you have grown a beard so quickly? We were only gone for a few hours."

„Dashie, you had been gone for 10 days. I thought I'd never see you again."

Slowly I discovered how big the time difference was. But 10 days? Had I really slept that long? How was that possible? The calendar hanging in the room was telling the truth. It had really passed 10 days. That really occupied me a lot, but I could think about it some other time. Now it was important that she was with her father again. When I saw him, I noticed his resemblance to me. He had the same friendly facial expression as me, the same sympathetic smile, but looked a good ten to fifteen years older than me. He also sounded similar. If I hadn't been born as an only child, I would have thought he was my older twin brother.

His next glance fell on Princess Celestia and the other ponies.

„I...I can't tell you how..."

„Please wait with your thanks until you know the reason for our visit," Princess Celestia interrupted him. He came straight to the point.

„You... you will take her with you again, won't you?"

„I'm afraid so." she said.

„Well, if that's the way it should be. It is good to see that you are well. Oh, my little Dashie. I am so glad that I could see you again."

„Dad?"

„Yes, Dashie?"

„What would you give to live with me in Equestria?”

This question confused her father.

„But, Dashie...I would give anything to live with you."

„Is that true?

„Yes. I would give anything to live together with my little Dashie."

"Then we have good news for you. We found a way to take you to Equestria, but..."

"Yes?" Dashie's father interrupted Celestia because of his euphoria.

"...but you're gonna have to change for this. For you to live in Equestria, we have to turn you into a pony. But this procedure is difficult and you will lose your memories of your previous life."

"Wait, all his memories?" Rainbow Dash asked anxiously.

I stepped forward to her.

"Unfortunately, the same is true for you. Once you are back in Equestria, you will get your old life back. with all the memories you had until then."

She looked at me reproachfully at first, but she seemed to understand why it had to be done. Without her prior knowledge, she wouldn't get along in Equestria.

"That's the only condition for you to live with your father from Earth in Equestria," I added.

"That was your idea, wasn't it?" said her father, who turned to me.

I was a little skeptical at that moment whether her father really wanted me to interfere in the story.

"Yes, but I didn't want..."

"Thanks for helping us. "I know how much work it was for you to bring her back to me. Dashie told me."

I wondered why he hadn't written me into his story, but he must have had his reasons.

"You sure you want to leave Earth, Pop?"

"Yes, Dashie. I'm sure. Since you came into my life, there is nothing here that could offer me anything like that. Celestia? I'm taking my little Dashie and you to Equestria." he said confidently.

"If that is your wish, but first we must return to the portal," Celestia said.

This time Celestia let Twilight cast the spell. I could see how important it was to her that Twilight made progress. With Celestia as her teacher, she would become a mighty unicorn...perhaps even the most powerful unicorn of Equestria. I was convinced of that. Everyone was proud of Twilight when she managed to teleport 7 ponies and 2 humans.

When we were all standing in my living room, there was nothing left to say. Rainbow Dash would see her father again any moment on the other side of the portal and I wouldn't remember any of this anyway. I hugged her for one last time. I almost doubted that a spell existed that could break a connection as powerful as the one between us. But Celestia seemed very sure of herself. I looked deep into Dashie's pink eyes one last time and she disappeared through the portal with her friends. Apparently Twilight felt responsible for Rainbow Dash and wanted to cast the spell on her herself. So only Celestia, Rainbow's father and I were left behind.

"I thank you both on behalf of Equestria, but now it's time to say goodbye... to who you are now."

"Celestia, will it hurt?" I asked.

"No. You will lose consciousness for some time, but it is painless."

I wondered for a moment whether she had used this spell many times before in Equestria. But I didn't care about that at that moment, the important thing was that I was doing the right thing now. For me and for Dashie.

"Do you agree that you will have no memories of what happened?"

I nodded as he turned to me and hugged me.

"Thanks for doing all this for us," he said.

"I thank you for letting me have this experience at all. By the way, I never asked you your name. What is your name?"

"My name is Blaze."

I had never heard this name before, but the magic would make it insignificant. We both agreed to the spell, because it was the only way she could build the wall in my memories. Before my eyes it became light and I had the feeling of falling through a thousand doors before everything went dark.

I woke up in my room, it had already been noon. For some reason I had not set an alarm clock and what was even more strange: I was lying on the floor in the middle of the living room. Apparently I was so tired yesterday that I couldn't even make it to bed. Maybe Marlene could tell me later what was going on the last evening, because I couldn't remember it. But I did remember one thing: I had to go shopping and I biked to the nearest supermarket. When I finished and came out again, I noticed that something was lying on the ground in front of my bike. A blue spring. I was sure that it had not been there before. I thought it was too beautiful to leave in the dirt, so I picked it up, but when I picked it up it didn't feel like plastic, like those feathers on Indian hats or something. No, it was real!

Strange...I wonder where it could have come from?

Comments ( 3 )

I just read the whole story and I cant explain the feelings that I'm having right now. I literally have tears in my eyes which is rare for me. This story deserves more likes. Great job man, and I mean what I said to.

5582244 Thank you, I really appreciate your opinion. I 'm glad you like it. :-)

5610810 Sure thing man keep up the good work

Login or register to comment