• Published 5th Nov 2011
  • 1,406 Views, 35 Comments

A Grunge Soul - Jio66623



A new band arrives to ponyville from Seaddle. Jio must battle his demons with love and music

  • ...
1
 35
 1,406

Oh, Me

I was floating somewhere, not exactly sure where but somewhere familiar. I look down to see I was floating on a cloud. Below me was nothing but clouds and sky.

Was I dreaming?

I looked ahead towards a bright shining orb. Fuck, it was bright! A shape began to manifest in the orb, dimming as I saw the spirit of Kurt Cobain before me.

"Hey, Kurt. It's been a while.", I said casually.

"Yeah, man." He swished his greasy dirty-blond mane out of his face. He was wearing his usual green cardigan.

"How are things in purgatory?"

"Boring. I get tired of pushing boulders all day. The only thing exciting is the Club."

"Speaking of which, how is the old gang?"

"Well, we got a new member. A chick named Amy."

"Oh yeah, I forgot she died at 27."

"Yeah, she's a little further down the mountain then me. Violence."

"Yeah, weren't you there a long time ago?", I asked him.

"Well, when you work hard enough to face your demons then you move up."

"Nice... Don't worry you'll get to heaven soon."

"Yeah, but whats up with you?"

I felt giddy every time Kurt asked how I was doing. I mean, how can you not be when your idol ask about your life. I tried to keep cool.

"Well we're in this town called Ponyville. It's a nice town. If we make enough money by the end of next week, we can record our first album."

"Really? Just be careful. The music business is a well-oiled machine and you'll just be a gear. Trust me. Your gonna have to do things that you don't want to do." Kurt pulled out a cigarette and a lighter. He put it in his mouth, lit it, and took a few puffs, leaving me to my thoughts.

I finally said, "I'll keep that in mind... I, uh, met this filly. She's very cute and I like her but I'm bucking one of her best friends."

"Oh, well does her friend want a relationship."

"I asked her about that and she said I was just a fuck buddy."

"Well there you go. If you really like this other girl, then you should be honest to both of them. Starting tomorrow."

"When the hell did you become a relationship counselor?", I asked.

He took a big puff of the dying cigarette, threw it on the cloud and stepped on it. "When you've been dead for so long, you're left to your thoughts. I do a lot of thinking. I think of the dumbest shit, when I'm left to my thoughts."

"Well thanks."

"No problem...It's time for you to wake up."

"Do I have to?", I whined.

"Hey, It's your brain. I can't do anything about it."

"Damn brain. Well can we play a song before I go?"

"Sure" As soon as he said that, guitars materialized out of the air in front of us. Whoa! That never gets old. They each float towards us. I grabbed mine and adjusted it for my comfort. Kurt was doing the same thing.

Then he said, "Ready? 1...2...3...4..."

***

I awoke to something soft and warm. My eyes were still closed. I smiled and pulled Rainbow Dash closer to me...but something wasn't right.

I opened my eyes to see that I was hugging a pillow! Where did Rainbow go? I looked around the room for signs of Rainbow Dash. I looked to the right and saw the balcony window was open. Oh yeah, she has that training to go do. I forgot.

I got out of bed and walked out the balcony, thinking about my day. Let's see. What to do today? I'm supposed to meet those little filly's in front of Sugarcube Corner. Then, maybe, I'll go over to see Fluttershy.

Happy with my planned day, I walked back into my bathroom and jumped into the shower and took a quick one. Then I jumped out, dried off, put on my green cardigan, grabbed my guitar and walked out the door. I knocked on Darious' door. No answer. I knocked on Brandon' door. No answer. Man! Why are they getting up early? Oh well. I'll probably see them later. I left the hotel for Sugarcube Corner. I was greeted "Good morning" and "You guys rock" by the local populace.

I finally made to the Corner when I walked in the chaos of last night still remained. There were plastic cups and streamers and balloons spread all over the place. I saw Mr. and Mrs. Cake cleaning up the mess. I felt bad. I walked over to Mrs. Cake to apologize.

"Um... Mrs. Cake. I just want to say sorry if the party got out of control."

"Oh, It's okay, dearie.", Mrs. Cake said, while her husband was sweeping up cups into a black plastic bag. "We deal with parties like this all the time, if anything this one was tame. You don't know how many times we call the fire department." Wow

"Well, I still feel bad. Is there anything I can do to help you guys out."

"Well if you really want to help us out, buys some cookies from us.", she said.

"That's what I was planning to do. Sure, Mrs. Cake." I walked over to the counter and saw Pinkie Pie putting a tray of fresh cookies on the counter. "Hey, Pinkie Pie."

"Hiya! Awesome set last night. Everything went blank and I ended up on the roof!!", she said, giggling.

"Well damn, Pinkie, what did you drink last night?", I asked jokingly. "Well, I would like to buy 5 chocolate-chip cookies to go, please."

"Okie-dokie. That will be 5 bits." Pinkie Pie put 5 cookies in some plastic wrap and pushed it across the counter towards me

I pulled 5 bits out of my pocket and put them on the counter and grabbed the cookies. "Here you go. Thanks, Pinkie Pie. Well, I better get going. Hope to see you tomorrow for our next gig." Then I walked out the door and sat outside on one of there tables. I scarfed down two two of the cookies before I looked up and saw Fluttershy across the street. It seemed as if fate wanted us to me.

"Hey, Fluttershy!", I shouted.

Fluttershy shrieked and jumped in the air. She landed and looked around for the source of the voice and found me. She smiled as she walked over to me. Her cuteness never ceases to amaze me. "Sorry, I scared you Fluttershy."

"It's fine. I'm scared of almost everything."

"Well that's not good.", I said. "How do you normally get through the day?"

"Seeing my friends and the animals I take care of.", she said with a smile on her face.

"Uh...Am I your friend?", I asked sheepishly.

"Oh, yes. Of course you are." That made me smile.

"Would you like a cookie?"

"Oh, no. I couldn't. They're yours.", she spoke quietly.

"C'mon, do you really expect me to eat the rest of these cookies? I insist you eat one."

"Well, if you insist." She grabbed one of the cookies and ate it. I just watched her eat it. She looked so cute eating a cookie. My trance was interrupted by a small voice.

"Hey, Nick", said a voice from below. I looked down and saw the same three filly's from yesterday.

"Hey, girls. What's up?"

"We were wondering if you could play us another song like yesterday, please?", said the pegasus, all three of them were shaking there heads up and down, smiling.

"Sure girls."

"Well, maybe I should go, if that's alright with you.", said Fluttershy, feeling like she was intruding.

"Oh please, you can stay. This song is a little bit better on the ears." With that she sat back down next to me. My heart started beating faster. She's so close!! I looked back towards the little fillies and more ponies joined in to watch, forming circle.

I shifted my guitar to a more comfortable position and tuned it quickly. "Ok, this song is called Oh me."

I played it off.

If I had to lose a mile
If I had to touch feelings
I would lose my soul
The way I do

I don't have to think
I only have to do it
The results are always perfect
But that's old news.

Would you like to hear my voice
Sprinkled with emotion
Invented at your birth?

I can't see the end of me
My whole expanse I cannot see
I formulate infinity
and store it deep inside of me

If I had to lose a mile
If I had to touch feelings
I would lose my soul
The way I do

I don't have to think
I only have to do it
The results are always perfect
And that's old news

Would you like to hear my voice
Sprinkled with emotion
Invented at your birth?

I can't see the end of me
My whole expanse I cannot see

I formulate infinity
and store it deep inside of me

I formulate infinity
and store it deep inside of me.

Finished with the last notes, I was met with appluase. Applause from all around me. To my right was Fluttershy, clapping the ground away. I blushed slightly. "Thank you everypony. My band and I will be performing and The Beaten Colt. Adults only.", I said eyeing the three fillies receiving a groan.

Everypony dispursed, leaving me Fluttershy. "So what's there to do in your town.", I asked her politely.

"Oh, well there's the old bowling alley for fun. It can be a lot of fun.", She said, sweetly.

"I see" This is my chance my chance to get to know her more! "Well, uh, would you like to go bowling unless your not busy?"

"Oh, sure. I was just taking a walk through town. I have nothing else to do. That is if you want me to play a game with you?", she asked timidly.

"Yeah! Lead the way."

Fluttershy started westward. I followed suit, listening to how her week was or the animals she takes care of. I silently listened to her. She could be quite talkative when she opens up.

We trotted a good few minutes before we made to the bowling ally. It was nice. Reminded me of the 50's. I held the door open for Fluttershy like a good gentlecolt, walked to the counter. Fluttershy said she would pay for herself but I insisted that everything was on me. We grabbed our bowling balls and headed toward our lane. I put our names on the screen, Fluttershy was first. She pulled her ball forward, aimed, and gave it a simple push and the ball rolled slowly.

And it continued, ever so slowly. I stared in awe. How could the ball still be rolling?! I watched the ball barely make contact with the No.1 pin. and all the the pins fell over!!

"Yay.", Fluttershy meekly shouted. If I wasn't awestruck, I would've seen how cute that was. She turned around to my gaping mouth. "Oh, I hope I didn't yell too loud."

I shook my head."Wow, Fluttershy! I didn't know you were so talented."

"Well, I've had a lot of practice. My friends and I would come here almost every Wednesday."

Well, well, well, things just got interesting.

**30 minutes later**

I was sitting down, smiling with my eyes closed and my forelegs crossed.

"Wow, Nick. Your a great bowler."

269. That was my score. A pretty good score if you ask me. "Thanks, but I gotta ask you something."

"Oh, what is it?"

"How did you get a perfect SCORE!!??" Next to her name was a big, FAT, 300! The whole game she barely rolled. It kept driving me crazy. "Like I said, I've had a lot of practice. Are you mad at me?"

My heart sank."No,no,no,no! I could never be mad at you. I'm just jealous of your skills. You should have a bowling cutie mark."

She blushed. She was cute when she blushed. "Oh, thank you but I love the talent I have now, if you don't mind."

"Well I don't know what else to do."

"Oh. Well, I have nothing else to do. Umm... Do you mind walking me home?", She asked.

"Of course not, Fluttershy."

We put up our bowling balls and hit the dirt road. Walking down the familiar path to Fluttershys' Cottage, I could see all the wild life around the area better then I could last night. There was practically a zoo here! It was nothing sort of amazing.

We finally got to the cottage when I noticed a bunny standing on the porch, stomping his foot impatiently.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Angel. I forgot to pick up your favorite carrots.", Fluttershy apologized, then turned to look at me. "Oh, Angel, meet my new friend, Nick." She gestured to me. Angel looked at me with resentment, probably pieced together that I'm the reason he doesn't have any carrots.

The little bunny just looked away from me with his eyes closed, head held high. "Angel! You know better then that. Don't be rude."

"It's fine, Fluttershy, It's kinda cute." Angel hopped away disgusted with my comment. Fluttershy walked up to her door as I spoke, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow, Fluttershy."

"Oh, wait! I mean, um.... Would you like come in?", She asked me. "If you want to?"

A smile appeared on my face. "Sure, Fluttershy, I would love to." She beckoned me in and followed past me into her cottage. It was....... Clean. Very clean. There were many bird houses and a dark purple pillow that must have been for Angel. I could see rooms that must have lead to the kitchen and such. Fluttershy told me to sit down while she makes some tea. I placed my guitar by her couch and sat down as she walked to the into the kitchen.

"Uh, very nice home you have here, Fluttershy", I said uncomfortably.

"Thank you. As soon as I was old enough, I bought this cottage with the money I had saved up.", she shouted across the house.

"I see." I shifted towards one of the end tables when I felt some heat. I looked at the table and noticed a feather. A phoenix feather. I could feel the heat coming off of it.

"Oh, that's Philomenas' feather. It was a gift for trying to take care of her."

"Trying?", I asked.

"Well she was at the end of her life cycle and I didn't know that she was a phoenix."

"Oh, wow." She held out a tray of two tea cups. I took one, had a sip, and placed on the end table. She took hers into her hooves and we talked for hours on end. At one point Angel walked in and looked at me in disgust. She was gaining more confidence in being open with me. Finally, I decided ask her a question.

"Say um, Fluttershy? Do you, uh, have a coltfriend?", I asked her.

"No, I've always been too shy to ask anypony. I once had a crush on Applejack's brother along time ago. Most bucks wh come up to ask me out never get the chance to ask me out because I'm running from them. I like to get to the colt before they ask me out. Kinda like you, I'm comfortable around you." She put her hoof onto my own and I blushed. I don't think she could see it. Well, might as well ask her but I'll do it in a dorky fashion.

"Hey, Fluttershy."

"Yes?", she asked looking up at me expectantly, her beautiful sea-blue eyes looking into my soul, almost making me stammer.

"Listen. Do you want to know a secret?", I said almost in a singing tone.

"Oh, sure.", she said.

"Do you promise not to tell?"

"I Pinkie promise."

"Closer." She leaned her face closer to mine.

"Let me whisper in your ear." She turned her head to the right.

Speaking into her ear, "Say the words you long to hear. I'm in love you." I blushed as she turned her face to meet mine. She was, also, blushing, looking down in her hooves. The heat from our blush was almost unbearable. She finally spoke up.

"Do you really?", still not looking up at me.

I put my right hoof under her chin and moved her face into my view. "Yes. I do." I brought her face closer to mine. "I... I.. love you, Fluttershy."

She moved her own lips closer to mine and they became one with my own.


Lyrics and songs belong to their respective owners.

OC's belong to me.

The next chapter might not come soon. I just started college and things will be hectic. I've got 4 class and I am assistant directing a play so that will that will cut into my schedule.

Comments ( 14 )

wow, busy you :ajsmug:

Glad you are continuing this. The part with Kurt was interesting.

Your OC is getting much more interesting as a whole, really happy with how your writing has improved. Just remember to give him some flaws evey now and again. Can't wat for more, but take all the time you need

162914 Thanks. Ill make sure to give him some more flaws. The next chapter will be shocker!!! :trollestia:

#3 · Jan 27th, 2012 · · ·

hey, i'm the guy that requested rooster.

you're still including it, right?

163329 yes, don't worry I got this. I might include it in the next chapter. Maybe. I already know what the first one will be.

171325 lol yes. I felt that it needed to be here.

171475 Wow I never really thought about that. Well Kurt and I had a similar past plus I want to put some of Kurt's history in here. Trust me, this is not of yet. If you know how it ended for Kurt then you should know how it might or might not end. However if you strongly think that I need to do a total rewrite then please message me and let me now. "The grass is greener over here"

Great story! :pinkiehappy: Y U NO WRITE NEW CHAPTER? :raritydespair:

290702 sorry man. I've been very busy with school and my brain is fried. However, I am currently writing other stories.

1468529 This is genius!!!!!!!!

1468529 Not bad.

Also, I'm flattered. Thanks!:twilightsheepish:

1468529 Someone should make "Reign You" or "Smells Like Twilight Sparkle".

i.imgur.com/A8glQST.png

Not bad at all. Jimmy approves.

3978371 Geez calm down.

Login or register to comment