• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 5,431 Views, 557 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Overpowered (Season 2) - ocalhoun



Join Twilight Sparkle and her friends as they easily defeat every challenge thrown at them with their awesome friendship powers.

  • ...
16
 557
 5,431

S02E21 Dragon Quest

"Nothing!" Twilight threw down another book. "Nothing in this one either!"

"Nothing at all about dragons?" Spike buried his face in his claws. "This is getting ridiculous!"

"I know! It's hard to believe, but ponies know next to nothing about dragons." Twilight shook her head. "Apparently they're too rare and too scary to try to talk to or study."

Spike curled up into a little ball of misery. "I wonder if dragons cry..."

"Aw, Spike, don't forget – you have one more resource we haven't tried yet."

"Huh?"

Twilight grinned. "How about you send a letter to Princess Celestia?"

He jumped up. "Would she really do that for me?"

"Normally I wouldn't bother her about something like this." Twilight shrugged. "But we've definitely done due diligence in finding our own information, and we've come up completely dry. I think we're justified in asking her directly."

"Wow..." Spike stood there, blinking. "Okay."

* * *

Spike paced back and forth, back and forth through the library.

"Relax, Spike." Twilight patted him as he walked by yet again. "If she's taking longer in her reply, that probably just means she's gathering a lot of information. It'll be worth it."

"I know, I know..." Spike didn't stop pacing. "It's just that–" He did stop. His cheeks bulged out, and he burped out a huge plume of green smoke.

The smoke resolved itself into a huge scroll, then dropped to the floor.

Spike pounced on it, scanning through it voraciously.

Twilight grinned, watching him.

"Hmm... Mmhm. Yep. Oh... wow... Huh. That's cool." Finally reaching the end of the scroll, Spike wrapped it back up.

"So, Spike, what did you learn about being a dragon?" Twilight could hardly wait to find out all the new information.

Spike blew his flames over the scroll, burning it away into a pile of ash. "Private dragon stuff." He waddled away.

"Spike!" Twilight ran after him. "That's all! Really?"

"Yep. That's it."