• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 5,425 Views, 557 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Overpowered (Season 2) - ocalhoun



Join Twilight Sparkle and her friends as they easily defeat every challenge thrown at them with their awesome friendship powers.

  • ...
16
 557
 5,425

S02E26 A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2

"Right you are, Twilight." The changeling cackled. "And as queen of the changelings, it is up to me to find food for my subjects. Equestria has more love than any place I've ever encountered. My fellow changelings will be able to devour so much of it that we will gain more power than we have ever dreamed of!"

"No. You won't." Princess Celestia stalked toward her. "Now that I have revealed your true self, I can protect my subjects from you!" She took to the air and fired an intense beam of golden energy toward Queen Chrysalis.

The Queen shot back her own green beam, smashing it into Celestia's and even beginning to push it back.

Celestia winced. "Twilight! I little assistance, please?"

"Of course!" A violet beam shot out from Twilight's horn toward the changeling.

It, too was blocked and countered by a green beam, but with her magic split in two directions now, Chrysalis was losing ground on both fronts. "No! Fools! My army will–"

The violet and gold beams met in the middle, blasting the changeling away, straight through one of the stained glass windows of the hall.

Twilight stood there a moment, panting. "Whew... I wasn't expecting her to be that strong."

"Indeed." Celestia took a deep breath and twisted her neck back and forth, making a slight cracking sound. "Now, how about we go find the real Princess Cadance and get this wedding back on track?"

Twilight smiled. "You can count on us!"

Author's Note:

Be sure to fave or follow if you're interested in seeing the sequel: season 3.

Comments ( 98 )

SEASOn 3 WOOOO!! XD Are you gonna write over christmas? Just as an fyi I wouldn't recomend doing it

Best. Canterlot. Wedding. Fanfic. EVER.

Well that's a wrap! Now lets get ready for season three!

Uh... What about the changeling army?! I highly doubt they're just gonna stand around and Shining is still pretty weak from sleep deprivation so they can still smash through the shield.

Woo, Sunbutt's useful! :pinkiehappy:

That works too. I also have a fairly good idea of what the S3 version of this will have as the cover image.

5400870 It was hours from this scene before they were ready to attack, so in that time they can find Cadance and have her revitalize Shiny.

5400938
Yes... revitalize...

It's 100% Canon that they find Cadance and continued the Wedding! Good Luck on Season 3, Girl! :twilightsmile: :pinkiehappy: :rainbowdetermined2:

At least Chrysalis didn't get defeated by her dinner this time.

And thus, Celestia's pride was saved and the wedding went off without a hitch thanks to the improved bubble security by the newlyweds. :pinkiehappy:

Woohoo, Season 2 is done! Roll on Season 3 and I think you should rest during the holidays, goodness knows what you have in mind for Magic Duel. :raritywink:

We need season 3.

NOW.

And so, another season of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Overpowered" is complete! :pinkiehappy: :twilightsmile: (insert a scene with Pinkie Pie showering us with confettis and streamers) Take that, Chrysalis! Go get 'em, Celestia and Twilight!

Thank you for your hard work, ocalhoun!

5400870
5400915 Yea... try solving that. Elements or not there is no force that can stand against an army.

Indeed." Celestia took a deep breath and twisted her neck back and forth, making a slight cracking sound. "Now, how about we go find the real Princess Cadance and get this wedding back on track?"

Twilight smiled. "You can count on us!"

Found her!

derpicdn.net/img/view/2014/6/18/655957__safe_comic_smile_queen+chrysalis_princess+cadance_open+mouth_shining+armor_bed_sitting_floppy+ears.jpeg

5401172 Except specifically overpowered Elements.

5401415 The problem is the elements are usually shown to be one single beam. A big one at that but still ONE BEAM.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE!!!!!!!!!!! :P If not? Just suffer some loses and CONTINUE!!!

I think Ocalhoun smelled the changeling fans and decided to not involve them at all.

5401524 Overpowered. Just do that spreading wave thingamabob.

5401546 There's a border between overpowered and nonsensical. This fic goes to that pretty much close at some chapters. Like the time Twilight gave Applebloom her cutie mark.

5401557 Yep. Although I don't think the Elements being able to fire in a spreading circle rather than a beam is nonsensical.

5401563 Surely it could get like a bomb but it would still be limited. Then there's collateral.

Celestia winced. "Twilight! I little assistance, please?"

This is either missing a "need" or "I" should "A".

Is there any question as to how great Twilight Sparkle is now? It is too bad though. I really wanted to see the wedding of the pony versions of Barbie and Ken.

If you ever get stuck in life, just ask yourself, "What would Deejay 3 Pones do?"

KBO.:twilightsmile:

5401629 Why? Even if they weren't overpowered, how do you know the specific limits and operations of the Elements? Maybe they only affect evil. Maybe they have different modes and Twi just hasn't quite figured them out yet (she clearly doesn't know everything about them, given the Rainbow Power). Maybe they're nigh-omnipotent. We just don't know, and that means it's up to the author. Especially when that author is specifically writing about overpowering, it doesn't make sense to impose your own headcanon as though it were canon.
And if this is all confirmed in the comics or something, I'm sorry.

5401798 I am not imposing my headcanon. I'm still of the opinion that such a blast would cause some form of collateral. I mean the mane 6 barely got held by the loveblast, if it was any stronger it could have blown them away and they could have been hurt by hitting a wall or something. See what i mean?

5401835 The loveblast wasn't the Elements. And again, maybe the Elements only attack evil. Or maybe all they can do is purify or petrify, not cause physical damage. I never said anything about a concussive blast, anyway; I meant a World-Healing Wave-type thing, where the magic just spreads and does good stuff.

5401629 What about what it did with Discord? that had really far reaching omnidirectional effects.

Also The elements seem to work like the Fairy Law spell from Fairy Tail and can tell the difference between friend and foe, so what collateral damage?

5401847 Okay I can understand a city-wide blast but WORLD WIDE? That's insane... that's beyond overpowered. Sure it attacks only evil but I didn't just mean living casualties. If you remember at Equestria Girls 1 the "elements" straight up blast a GIANT CRATER in front of the entrance of the school. If the elements are overpowered there can you imagine how overpowered they will be in these kind of fics? Oh yea there will be collateral... at least material one. And material collateral damage could cause pony losses that's for sure.

5401858 Omnidirectal? It just acted like a trajectory. Check my previous comment i have answered this.

5401861 It's the name of the trope. Also, in EQG there was only one actual Element available, in a magicless world, and it was kinda-sorta corrupted; there's no reason to take that as normal behavior for the Elements. And remember what happened at the end of Return of Harmony?

5401872

at the very end where it fixes discord's shenanigans. If you want to just call it a hemisphere you could though thats a bit nitpicky.

5401901 They didn't seem to do that in Equestria girls.

5401887 The above and i continue. They weren't corrupted when Twilight wore them so I can imagine it's just a matter of being the rightful bearer and not claiming the power of what's not yours.

5401922 It's still in their repertoire. I think Greenhat and myself are just saying that having them do the same thing as cadence and shining's love blast isn't outside the realm of possibility. And that's my final word on the matter (mostly because I just woke up and can't be ass-ed to debate this properly) So if you are convinced: Yay I won! If not: Agree to disagree :twilightsmile: Either way have a good day, a merry christmas, and a happy new year!

5401945 I never said they couldn't do what the loveblast did. Also your statement just confirmed that the loveblast was deus ex machina, I just said that even the loveblast had collateral even though we were not showed that because it's a kids show. I still said that concussive blows would be delivered and the loveblast itself confirms it. All I am saying is that unless the elements are a more refined loveblast and not overpowered lovesplosions the concussive blast could deliver collateral damage. Not the elements or the loveblast themselves.

You know... I was actually expecting another 'Taste the Rainbow Motherfucker' moment. But I'm cool with dis.

5401981 Now you're drifting into headcannon territory. If it wasn't shown on the show then you can't say it like its gospel. Maybe there was collateral, maybe their wasn't. For all we know the loveblast fixed all the buildings like they were brand new and gave everypony in the city over 18 a blow job/ate them out, they just didn't show that cause its a kid's show. Thats what fanfic is for.

5402027 Yes it's "headcanon territory but not for the thing you're imagining. But still there was a concussive blow that could have blown everyone over the edge if it was stronger.

5401922 In Equestria Girls, only one Element was used, it was in a magicless world, and Sunset Shimmer implies that odd things happen when Elements go between worlds. There is no good reason to take EQG as an example of normal behavior for the Elements.

5402352 That's also your headcanon. There is a perfectly good reason to take it as an example because if it was one element the rest of the human mane 6 wouldn't be needed. So stop making excuses. And don't tell me like some assholes that it was the Rainbow Power... cause it was not.

5402389 No. There was exactly one physical Element involved. We don't know what was going on. We don't know if the lack of necklaces affected the Elements' functioning. We do know that it wasn't normal conditions for the Elements as we've seen them, for the reasons I've mentioned repeatedly, so we shouldn't take it as evidence about their normal behavior. That's not headcanon, it's reasonable uncertainty. And how does theorizing about Rainbow Power make one an arsehole?

5402466 A)I didn't accuse you of being an asshole just those who mixed it with it, because they were behaving like it. B)Since when did we need the elements to activate them?
Example number 1:First season second episode. Elements destroyed respond to bearers when their magic is called upon. No physical representation of elements before.
Example number 2:Nightmare Forces Nightmare Rarity comic Arc the elements all respond from the hearts of the bearers despite one missing
If you read this fic carefully you'll see that it confirms what's pretty much sensible in it's second chapter.

5402525
A) I didn't say you did.
B) I don't have access to the comics, sadly. However, the main difference in Episode 2 may be that the physical Elements were there. We just don't know. That's why we shouldn't take EQG as standard Elements behavior.

5402536 The thing is however as you said the physical elements were there. How is it a point to my theory? Well how did they get formed when they were "destroyed"? Twilight proved herself that the elements were "RIGHT HERE!" as in the elements were the mane 6 and not their physical representation. The plothole retcon of season 2 was stupid and needless as this fic proves in it's second chapter.

5402536
5402544
Heh, you guys sure are having fun.

5402544 Fair. But a) they still had the actual necklaces, and we don't know how that affects things, b) Episode 2 Twi knew even less about the Elements than she does now, and might have been speaking poetically, and c) a magicless world might change things. As in so many things in this show, we just don't have enough information.

5402566 always
5402994 lack of evidence doesnt make your statement true. Here's the thing. Until you gimme some evidence my theory is more valid.

5403710 What statement? What theory? I'm expressing uncertainty here. I'm not saying that EQG must have been nonstandard, I'm saying it may have been, so we probably shouldn't take it as standard. It's similar to how we shouldn't judge Pony Dash for the actions of Human Dash, even if Pony Dash might have done it.

Okay, here comes the biggest comment ever; I'm replying to EVERYONE!

5358925
Because reasons...

5358936
Yeah, I don't think simply beating them would be quite as entertaining.

5358967
TwiJack. Definitely TwiJack.

5358989
Kinda close.

5359288
It's not cheating when the main characters do it.

5359303
Nah, you just encase them in concrete.

5359611
Unless you're a minor antagonist... in which case everything will certainly not be fine.

5359899
Oh, I'm definitely taking that out of context.

5360570
That's the idea. ^.^

5362868
'Hax' might be a good subtitle for this story.

5363095
Overpowered ponies, in the hospital?

5363102
5363189
5363119
Obviously, she'll just discover it on her own. Because she's way too mature to think reading's only for eggheads.

5363205
That one was a gem!

5373678
Every day. Forever.

5371454
Making sure the kids learn good lessons!

5371348
Eh, nobody does.
The song is good, though.

5370983
Muahahaha!

5370988
Everypony should know to not let kids play with potions.

5370979
Every. Time.

5370405
Including, but not limited to.

5370274
They both live in the same small town now.
It's bound to happen eventually.

5370223
Exactly!
Brainwashing is okay -- if you're the good guys.
That's why Equestria is so peaceful.

5370190
^.^

5370128
And then everybody's happy! ^.^

5370105
Glad you enjoyed it!

5370100
Exactly!

5370034
Lazier, maybe.

5369884
I really need to catch up on those.

5369879
Heh, maybe that would have been a better and less controversial way to do it.

5368447
Because they're excellent... and kinda-sorta related.

5368355
They can have love potions when they're ready. ^.^

5368137
But... Twilight is just the easiest to use.

5367092
Yeah, probably not.

5366266
Very wisely denied.

5366247
5366161
That's a good theory.

5365235
Eh, you win some, you lose some.
I hope you enjoyed some of the other episodes.

5364021
Exactly!

5363644
5363725
Ooh, those would be fun.

5363640
:rainbowlaugh:

5363464
I make no apologies for breaking things.

5363258
Thanks! ^.^

5379383
As if it wasn't similar enough to that already.

5378457
Grimness may occur.

5378444
And then it got un-flooded by Rarity's magic.
Because Twilight's magic would be overkill, and she was taking a nap anyway.

5378413
5378183
Relaxing time! ^.^

5378168
So... they save themselves?

5378164
That would work, too.

5378148
5377893
Heh, that's going to be a fun one.

5378020
Time travel is hard.

5377995
True.

5377918
Because reasons, that's why.

5377878
Yes, just like that. ^.^

5377877
Are you a wizard?

5377864
Then it's good!

5377843
I don't know how people can profess to be an expert in time travel.

5377791
Nah, she no longer exists.

5377763
Nah, she just committed un-existing.

5377460
Well, there will be plenty of waiting time for season 3, if that helps.

5377458
Not often you get to say that.

5376350
Not TVTropes! :raritydespair:

5376042
And so right!

5375969
Thanks!

5375810
It'll be fun!

5374239
:rainbowlaugh:

5374233
He doesn't!

5374218
I'm glad to get some approval on that!

5374054
Oh my.

5390375
5390026
Exactly!

5390004
I make no promises of being fair!

5390000
What more could you ask for?

5388567
Those are the best!

5387997
I really should have done that.

5387015
He is a wise man.

5386634
Yeah... she isn't making a very good showing this season.

5386215
True.

5385884
Are you okay?

5385879
I really should have done that.

5385822
Hm... nah.
If she was going to do it, she'd get over 9000 wingpower with just herself. Because OP.

5382933
Huh?

5382631
5382004
It's just private, that's all.

5381952
Dragonborn? What gave it away?

5381886
Thank the IPU!

5381708
^.^

5400855
That's quite a distinction. ^.^

5400854
Pfft. I'm always writing.

5400785
It would be much better. ^.^

5399302
5399300
No idea what the two of you are talking about... and no regrets.

5398505
Heh, that wouldn't work at all.
Though I was tempted to have Luna come kick changeling ass.

5397505
Oh boy. The next season is going to be hard.

5397488
heh.

5397463
Ooh, I like that rhyme.

5397437
It's been going downhill since S01E01... and it wasn't great then!

5397431
That, along with your avatar...

5397429
Yes, I'll reply to this.
And I'll continue to reply to everyone.
But because of comments like this, I'm changing my short bio.

5397414
Of course Celly should have won.

5394106
Magic > Friendship?
But Magic = Friendship!

5393699
Because the mane 6 are overpowered, not Mr. and Ms. Cake.

5408764
Oh boy, not that.

5402027
But arguing as if headcanon was canon is what makes fandoms fun!

5401966
Nah, unstable time loops just collapse.
It's those positive feedback time loops you gotta watch out for.
Except for the big bang. That one turned out pretty well in the end.

5401407
It's going to be quite a challenge, I think.

5401141
How about... in a few months?

5401056
True.

5400977
Hur hur hur.

5449477
True.
On that one, I was too fixated on fixing what people saw as that episode's faults.

Login or register to comment