• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 5,423 Views, 557 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Overpowered (Season 2) - ocalhoun



Join Twilight Sparkle and her friends as they easily defeat every challenge thrown at them with their awesome friendship powers.

  • ...
16
 557
 5,423

S02E04 Luna Eclipsed

"It is of no use, Twilight Sparkle." Princess Luna hung her head low. "They have never liked us and they never shall."

Twilight thought for a moment. "Hm... Me and my friends know you've been turned good because we saw it... but none of these other ponies have."

Luna glanced over at her. "Implying...?"

"I think I know what to do." Twilight smiled. "We'll just need to gather up my friends."

* * *

"Muahahaha!" Luna stomped her hooves into the ground timed along with a lightning strike. The ponies of Ponyville were good and terrified now, and she had their complete attention.

Twilight and her fiends walked into the town square, right on cue. "Your nights of tyranny are over, Nightmare Moon!" Twilight shouted. "Because we have the Elements of Harmony!"

"What?" Luna made sure to exaggerate her voice for effect. "How could that possibly be?"

Twilight's horn glowed, and soon, so did all the jewels she and her friends were wearing. A massive rainbow blast, far bigger than the real one, rose up and smashed back down onto the Princess.

When the rainbow hit her, it did little more than tickle. It was mostly just illusion magic, after all. But Luna made sure to give the best cries of pain and outrage she could muster before collapsing theatrically.

As soon as the rainbow was gone, Twilight and her friends walked calmly up to Luna. After a moment, Twilight turned and spoke to the crowd. "We've used the Elements of Harmony to turn her back to good!" Only Luna was close enough to hear the whispered "again" at the end. "Now you all have no reason to fear her."

Luna smiled at the townsponies, and just like that, some switch flipped in their heads. Now they were all smiles and adoring curiosity. Nightmare Night was saved!