• Published 4th Mar 2016
  • 4,168 Views, 194 Comments

Kirsarnia - Urimas Ebonheart



An MMO dungeoneering party arrives in Equestria after a failed dungeon run where the boss pulls them through their monitors upon his victory.

  • ...
10
 194
 4,168

Arc 1 - Chapter 17: The Everfree Dungeon Part 5

Kirsarnia
Arc 1 - Chapter 17: The Everfree Dungeon Part 5

<)===(> Boss Battle Theme <)===(>

Frank initiates the battle by charging into the Necromancer and taunts him.

"Jack, Laura, and Daring! Kill the trash mobs! Satoshi! Focus on the boss!" the Guardian tells the others.

"You got it!" Jack replies and leaps onto three of the undead mobs.

Daring stabs two other mobs getting them to focus on her while Laura starts blasting the other five.

Samantha is keeping an eye on everyone as Frank blocks a blast of necrotic magic from the boss.

"You'll all make wonderful undead slaves once I'm through with you!" the boss tells them and charges up a powerful blast at Frank.

The Guardian braces himself as Samantha refreshes her renewal spell on him. The Necromancer unleashes his spell and the dark purple beam of magic hits Frank's shield dealing a small amount of damage but it starts to increase the longer the beam is hitting him.

While Samantha is focusing on Frank, the others are dealing with the mobs and Jack kills his three before moving in to help Laura who has killed two of her five. Daring just finishes killing one of hers before chugging a HP potion and moving onto her second mob.

Satoshi charges up a Power Shot and hits the boss in the left eye, making him cancel his beam and stumble a bit before growling.

Frank charges back in and reapplies his taunt before shield slamming the boss in the stomach.

"You will suffer for that!" the boss yells at Satoshi and raises his staff where the eyes on the skull glow.

Satoshi yelps as something small and fleshy attaches to his back and tendrils spread around him. His eyes turn red and he aims his bow at Jack and fires, dealing some damage to the Warrior.

"HEY!" Jack yells confused as there should be no friendly fire.

"What the hell is that!?" Laura yells spotting the pulsing lump of flesh on the elf's back.

"Daring! Get that off his back! Jack! Keep his attention on you!" Frank orders and Jack leaps at Satoshi knocking him over.

"Sorry, buddy," Jack says and then uses his Arc Swing to launch Satoshi further away.

Daring then takes the opportunity to land on Satoshi's back while he's down and stab the flesh lump repeatedly until it detaches.

"That was unpleasant..." Satoshi says as Daring helps him back onto his feet.

"Keep an eye out for anymore of them!" Frank then calls out and stabs the boss in the gut.

Satoshi drinks a HP potion and then frowns as he takes shots at the boss.

Laura, Daring, and Jack quickly finish off the mobs and then join in on attacking the boss who looks furious now.

"Pests! Let's see how you handle my latest creation!" he yells enraged and raises his staff.

The mismatched corpse on the table gasps and twitches before rolling off the table and stands up. It's a mix of a pony leg, gryphon arm, diamond dog head and torso, minotaur leg and horns, and a dragon's arm. It howls horrendously before bull rushing straight at Samantha.

She screams but Frank charges at the corpse and taunts it to attack him. The corpse whose name tag reads Stitches turns to Frank and with the two minotaur horns attached to its head, sends Frank flying a good five metres away.

Jack catches Frank and stumbles back a few feet before letting the Guardian go.

"Good catch," Frank says and then runs back to the monstrosity.

The boss charges up another necrotic blast and Satoshi, still angry at being controlled, notices and fires an arrow into the boss' head again, interrupting the cast.

The boss glares at the elven archer and launches a bolt of necrotic energy at him. Satoshi backflips over it and fires another arrow upside down at the boss' head again getting another angry grunt from him.

Jack, Laura, Daring, and Frank focus on Stitches while Satoshi continues to pester the boss. Samantha is watching Frank but glances to Satoshi now and then to see if he needs a heal or not.

Frank tackles the undead with his shield staggering the monster and follows up with a stab to its chest. The mismatched beast retaliates with a heavy swipe of its dragon claw taking 15% of Franks HP.

Jack cleaves the monster from behind applying a bleed effect and then uses his Arcing Strike to uppercut the undead, though it deals more damage than a basic attack, Stitches is immune to the knock up effect.

Laura sets the monster on fire with her Firebolt while Daring is stabbing it in the back repeatedly.

Stitches HP drops to 36%, it then releases a noxious cloud of poison around itself poisoning Jack, Daring, and Frank.

Jack heaves and throws up from the revolting putrid stench while Daring is wobbling on her hooves trying to stay standing. Frank grimaces at the smell, but after having been inside Lugoth the Devourer's gut, he's somewhat desensitised to the smell.

Frank raises his shield in time to deflect Stitches talon arm from clawing him. He then refreshes his taunt and quickly checks on Satoshi.

The elf has taken a few blasts from the Boss and is down to half HP. Though Satoshi has shaved off twenty percent of the Boss' Hp as well. Samantha heals Satoshi quickly before focusing back onto Frank with another heal.

"You stupid creature! Focus on their healer!" the Boss shouts at stitches who suddenly swaps targets, ignoring any aggro from Frank and stampedes straight for Samantha.

"AAH!" she yelps and starts running away to the other side of the room. Her goblin combat pet Thena readies her blades as she runs behind the Cleric.

Frank Shield Charges into Stitches from behind and uses his Taunt, but no aggro is being applied. "EVERYONE! FOCUS ON STITCHES! I'LL FOCUS ON THE BOSS! SAM, KEEP MOVING!" Frank orders the others.

"I don't wanna play anymore!" Sam yells as Stitches gurgles and growls after her, but due to her being a leoness, she's able to outrun Stitches for now until she gets tired.

Frank runs over to the chuckling Necromancer and without warning rams his sword under the Boss' chin and out the top of his head landing a critical hit. The Guardian's eyes are burning with anger for putting Sam in harm's way and being unable to stop her getting chased.

The Necromancer growls at Frank and fires a blast from his staff into the Guardian's gut, blowing him back a metre or two.

Slamming his sword on his shield, Frank taunts the Boss to focus on him while Sam is only able to cast her Renewal spell as she can't stop running to cast her stronger healing spells.

Jack, Laura, Daring, and Satoshi keep damaging Stitches as much as they can while running alongside it. It takes a minute but they finally bring the abomination down making Samantha sigh and focus on Frank again.

"Impossible!" the boss yells in shocked rage as he fires another blast at Frank who is now down to 22% HP.

Frank says nothing as he Shield Bash's the Boss making him grunt in pain.

Samantha now able to catch her breath quickly starts spamming her healing spells on Frank making the Boss snarl. He tries to turn and blast her with a necrotic bolt, but ends up looking at Frank and blasts him instead. "What magic is this!?" the Necromancer demands angrily.

"None of your god damn business," Jack replies and cleaves the Boss from his right side.

Daring is directly behind the Necromancer, stabbing away while applying her Poison Stab skill when off its cooldown.

Laura and Satoshi keep their distance while shooting or blasting the Boss with arrows or spells whittling away at the little HP the boss has left.

"THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! THE MASTER SAID I WOULD BE INVINCIBLE!" the Necromancer yells in both rage and frustration.

With a final strike, the Necromancer's HP hits 0 and he screams as his body shrivels up before he breaks up into a pile of dust on the stone floor.

"Woo! Suck it ya prick!" Jack says and rests his greatsword on his shoulder.

Frank just glares at the pile of dust and tattered robes on the floor as a loot bag from the boss and Stitches appears in front of him.

<>---<> End Boss Battle Theme <>---<>

The Guardian picks up both bags and receives; 1,893 bits, some Tier-2 resources, and a level 10 Necrotic Staff + 3. Which Laura refuses to use the staff as the glowing eye sockets on the skull creep her out.

Daring, Jack, and Satoshi check the three chests at the back of the room and find a total of; 4,126 bits, more resources, some uncommon and rare equipment that's distributed among the party, and two teleport scrolls to a place called Marelantis.

"Marelantis? Sounds kinda like Atlantis," Laura comments getting agreements from the others.

A blue portal is now swirling at the back wall.

"Yeah! Another dungeon down!" Daring says cheerfully with a fist pump.

Pale blue lights start appearing around the party startling them before forming into ponies.

"Thank you for freeing us," a mare says before fading away.

"Finally, freedom," then says a stallion.

More and more thank the party before fading away leaving just one mare wearing old royal guard armour behind.

"Thank you for ending our suffering... Take this, should you ever need aid, do not hesitate to call us. Be warned, it can only be used once every week," she says and a bull's horn with a strap attached to it appears in front of frank.

The Guardian takes the horn where it transfers to his inventory.

Horn of the Royal Guard.

Usable horn that summons three Royal Guard Ghosts to fight by the user's side for five minutes.

Cooldown: 1 week.

"Thank you, I hope you finally find the rest you've been waiting for," Frank tells the ghost who smiles before fading away leaving the party alone in the large chamber.

"Well then. Let's use our crystals and head back to the Guildhall. I remember Celestia mentioned she was going to be bringing the builders and supplies today to start building the city, so we should be there to greet them," Frank tells the others.

They all take out their crystals and use them to teleport back to the Guildhall anchor crystal.


Meanwhile in Ponyville


Twilight and her friends have arrived twelve minutes ago and she's gone through the list of the supplies and checked that they had everything.

Celestia has gathered; Bon Bon, Lyra, Spike, and Vinyl. Although Vinyl's friend Octavia is upset at her for apparently signing up with the Guild without telling her, and demanded she get a chance to join as well. So Celestia has Octavia's file with her to give to Frank later, along with Cadence's and Shining's as well.

Twilight's friends are all equipped in their weapons and armour, ready to head out while their families are wishing them good luck and to stay safe.

Luna is standing beside Celestia with her Copper Greatsword embedded into the ground slightly with her hands on the handguard.

"Are you sure about this, Auntie?" Cadence asks Celestia again for the fifth time.

"I'm sure, my dear. We've already fought some monsters and have come out victorious. Escorting the supplies and workers should pose no problem at all. If one group of six could escort ponies safely to the Guildhall, then twelve ponies should have no trouble at all," she replies and smiles at her worry for them.

"I still have my doubts that some aliens are here with the power to fight these monsters..." Shining Armour comments while looking at Twilight's and Spike's new attire.

"Then you'll see first hand what this power can do on the way there," Luna tells him with a smirk on her face. "I'm looking forward to doing battle again after so long cowering behind these crystal shields."

Shining Armour looks a little surprised at the genuine and excited tone Princess Luna used, as well as her eager expression.

Celestia jumps slightly as a notification pops up letting her know she has received mail.

To: Celestia
From: Frank Johnson

Hello, Celestia.

Just letting you know the Everfree Dungeon has been cleared and the bosses inside are defeated for now, we'll return there next week to see what's going on in there. But for now the area should be less dangerous.

The last boss was a Pony Necromancer who had the castle's staff and guards souls trapped there. We've freed them but I think the Necromancer will return like the Guildhall Dungeon's boss does. He also mentioned a Master that promised him power.

We're now back at the Guildhall and just waiting for your arrival with the building supplies and workers.

Let us know if you want us to help you get them here, if not, then good luck.

"Well, it seems the Everfree won't be much of a problem for now. Frank and his friends have just cleared it and are waiting for us at the Guildhall now," the white alicorn tells the others and writes a letter to Frank saying they'll come on their own.

She receives a reply letting her know they'll be waiting.

"Alright everypony!" Celestia says loudly, getting everyone's attention. "We'll now be heading to the Whitetail Woods to the restored castle to build a new city around it!" she tells them getting excited and worried murmurs from the ponies gathered around.

"But what about the monsters!?" one of the construction workers asks her.

"My sister and I, along with ten others will deal with the monsters should any arrive. We now have the means to fight back and with the construction of the new city, our fight to take back our homes and land shall begin!" Celestia replies and the crowd start to cheer.

Luna pulls her sword out of the ground and rests it on her right shoulder. "Come, sister! Let's head to the Guildhall and being construction! I'm also looking forward to living within a castle once again!" she says and starts walking over to the carriages and wagons loaded with supplies.

Both Luna and Celestia's inventories are also loaded with food and water which are preserved perfectly for the crews and workers during the building of the city.

Cadence and Shining look at each other with worry before getting into a carriage.

Once everything and everyone is ready, the alicorn sisters lead the way into the Whitetail Woods.