• Published 4th Mar 2016
  • 4,168 Views, 194 Comments

Kirsarnia - Urimas Ebonheart



An MMO dungeoneering party arrives in Equestria after a failed dungeon run where the boss pulls them through their monitors upon his victory.

  • ...
10
 194
 4,168

Arc 1 - Chapter 11: First Battles

Kirsarnia
Arc 1 - Chapter 11: First Battles

After everyone had something to eat from the vault, the party and new members then head back up to the courtyard.

"Right then, so have you picked your party members?" Frank asks the ponies and dragon.

"Uh-huh," Twilight replies standing next to Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack and Pinkie Pie.

"We have," Celestia replies standing in front of Bon Bon with Luna beside her, Lyra, Vinyl, and Spike.

"Good, now for the importance of your roles. Tanks are the battle initiators, they charge in first and get the monsters attention. Never attack before the tank, as it'll just make it harder for them to get the aggro on themselves," Frank tells them.

Twilight then raises her hand. "What does aggro mean?" she asks.

"Aggro means you're aggravating the monsters to attack you, the more aggro you place on a monster the better to keep its attention," Jack explains.

"Oh," the new Wizard says.

"As I was saying, your role is to keep the aggro on yourself while your party members deal the heavy damage. You don't have to worry about getting hit by your own team's attacks as you can't get hurt from friendly fire," Frank then says.

"Next is the DPS, or damage per second classes whose roles are dealing as much damage as quickly as possible. You'll either be behind the monsters or to their sides so you aren't hit by any frontal AOE attacks, which means area of effect attacks."

"The healer stays to the side and focuses on the tank and then checks to see if the others need healing and usually is defended by a melee DPS to keep them safe just in case their healing pulls too much aggro onto themselves."

"So Luna and Applejack, you need to make the monsters focus on you. Fluttershy you need to focus on healing them since you're the only one who wanted to be a healer, but Celestia is like a hybrid class, she has two minor healing spells as well, your Holy Judgement spell deals damage to a target and for three seconds after that, allies who attack the target will be healed for fifty percent of the damage they deal. Not as effective as a proper healer, but it's better than nothing. The second is your Holy Light spell, it can either damage an enemy with a three second cooldown or heal an ally with a six second cooldown," Frank finishes telling them.

"I see, so I'm our party's healer then?" Celestia asks him.

"Yes and no, your role is primarily damage, but your spells have healing side effects and as I said, they aren't as good as a proper healer. Although Luna also has a self heal ability and healing potions, so combine that with your minor healing and she should be fine, just make sure you keep your judgement spell up every five seconds," Frank replies.

"Thank you," Celestia says and nodded to him.

"Now then, I'll explain on how to use your skills, spells, and items," Frank says and then spends the next hour explaining skills, spells, targeting, and how to use the hotbar.


The groups are now standing in a clearing of the Whitetail Woods outside of the anchor crystal's influence. "Now we just need to find you some monsters to fight, should be level ones and twos in this area," Laura says looking around.

A growl to the right gets everyone's attention as four timberwolves come out from the trees.

"Okay, Applejack, I want you to place both of your shields in front of you and think about your Bastion Rush skill," Frank tells her.

"Alright, partner," she replies and holds both of her shields in front of her side by side, each shield has fifteen spikes on the front for damaging monsters with.

<)===(> Battle Theme <)===(>

After a few seconds of hesitation, Applejack runs forward with her Bastion Rush skill and ploughs through the four timberwolves dealing 20 to 26 damage and getting the aggro from them, she then taunts by slamming her shields together twice adding to the aggro.

Rainbow Dash flies over and lands behind one of the wolves and starts punching in rapid succession dealing 8 damage a punch, she then follows it up with an Uppercut skill dealing 28 damage and sending the wolf back a metre while stunning it for two seconds.

Rarity is throwing shurikens at a wolf dealing 15 damage each, she then uses her Throwing Volley skill tossing six shurikens at once dealing 20 damage to each wolf with a ten second cooldown.

Pinkie stands still in place to use her copper cannon which has a trajectory line showing her where the shell will impact and fires a shell right next to Applejack and Rainbow dash, but the blast doesn't hurt them and deals 30 to 38 damage to the timberwolves in the blast zone, she reloads her cannon which takes two seconds and fires another shell.

Applejack is taking 10 damage a hit from the timberwolves who claw and bite at her shields and legs, which she retaliates with a bash to their muzzles as the spikes pierce the timberwolves.

Fluttershy casts her Nature's Spring spell to conjure up vines that burst out of the ground next to Applejack and form into a bowl with crystal clear water in it that releases a light blue mist healing everyone within ten feet by 15 HP every second for thirty seconds, but the spell's cooldown is twenty seconds.

She then casts a Bloom spell attaching a small pink flower onto Applejack's back that heals her for 27 HP a second for ten seconds with a three second cooldown.

Twilight is casting Mana Bolts at a single wolf dealing 26 damage each and then casts Arcane Blast on one of the two middle timberwolves causing a magical explosion dealing 20 damage to it and two others.

Applejack slams both her shields onto the ground causing a mild quake dealing 15 damage and making the timberwolves trip over stunned for one second while also adding more aggro.

The wolves quickly recover and two of the timberwolves then jump onto Applejack from the sides. "Land sakes! Get off'a me ya varmints!" she yells and tries to shrug them off.

"I got ya, AJ!" Rainbow says and grabs the right timberwolf around its midsection and uses her Suplex skill crashing it head first into the ground dealing 28 damage and killing it.

Fluttershy then casts her Snaring Vines spell which latches onto the left timberwolf and rips it off Applejack and deals 15 damage while rooting it in place for five seconds.

Pinkie blasts the two other timberwolves by firing her Mortar Shot skill into the air which comes back down hitting the ground with a large explosion dealing 50 damage to each timberwolf and killing one of them.

Rarity quickly throws a shuriken at the other wolf Pinkie blasted dealing 21 damage and kills it.

Twilight then casts a Mana Bolt and blasts the timberwolf held in the vines killing it as well.

<>---<> End Battle Theme <>---<>

The last timberwolf fades away leaving four loot bags on the ground. "Woohoo! That was awesome!" Rainbow cheers and does a backflip in the air.

"Well done, very good for your first battle. Now the other party will try a battle, but Vinyl will attempt to capture a timberwolf as her combat pet. To do this you'll have to weaken the timberwolf to below fifty percent HP and then use your Tame skill. You can also see if a monster is tameable with the Beast Lore skill," Frank praises the party and tells the ex-DJ.

"It won't turn on me will it?" Vinyl asks with a frown.

"It shouldn't do, in Kirsarnia, once a monster is tamed it's loyal until you release it," Frank replies.

"Oh, cool," she says and grins.

"Right then, Luna, you're up front," Frank tells the dark blue alicorn.

"Very well," she replies and stands in front of her party.

"Celestia, you'll stand about ten feet behind Luna and use your Holy Light on her when you need to, but concentrate on the monsters first," he then tells the alicorn Light Bringer.

"Alright," she replies and stands behind Luna.

"Bon Bon and Lyra, go to the left of Luna," Frank tells them and then looks to the others." Vinyl and Spike, stand to Luna's right."

A chorus of agreements sound out as they take their positions.

"Alright people! Let's get this show on the road!" Jack yells and the guild march onward to find another group of monsters.


After five minutes a group of two slimes and three timberwolves attack Celestia's party.

<)===(> Battle Theme <)===(>

Luna uses her Cleaving Rush skill to dash over to the monsters in less than a second and then swings her sword in an 180 degree arc in front of herself dealing 20 damage to the wolves and 10 damage to the slimes, she then raises her right hoof and slams it onto the ground sending out a shockwave dealing 10 damage to the wolves and 4 damage to the slimes but adds a lot of aggro.

Celestia holds out her staff and casts her Holy Judgement spell on a timberwolf dealing 30 damage which Luna then focuses her attacks on, healing her for 9 to 12 HP a hit.

Bon Bon is swinging both of her longswords at a timberwolf dealing 17 damage a hit, she then pulls her right sword to her left hip facing behind her and her left sword to her right hip. She swings both swords forward and deals 14 damage to each wolf and 7 to the slimes while also adding a short bleed effect dealing 3 damage a second for eight seconds.

Spike is swinging both his copper greatsword and copper battle axe in slow but powerful strikes, dealing 13 damage to the slime he's targeting.

One of the slimes spits acid at Luna who hisses in slight pain as she takes 30 damage and 5 damage a second for ten seconds.

The timberwolves are slashing and biting at Luna for 10 to 15 damage a hit while the slimes are hitting for 6 to 12 damage.

Vinyl throws a copper javelin at a timberwolf and deals 13 damage, a new javelin spawns on her back which she pulls off and throws dealing 14 damage. The javelins then disappear off the timberwolf after a second.

The timberwolf's HP drops to 35% so she then uses her Tame skill to capture it. The timberwolf howls as it is lifted off the ground in a light blue sphere as it then starts to shrink into a tiny purple crystal with an intricate silver frame around it.

The crystal then flies over to her and fades into her inventory.

Lyra is throwing dark balls of magic at the slimes dealing 17 damage a hit, she's using a pair of talismans wrapped around each of her wrists to power up her attacks.

After a few more attacks, she's gathered enough demonic energy to cast her Demonic Form spell. Two leathery bat like wings sprout out of her back, her teeth extend into fangs, her eyes become a slitted blood red and the hoof hard fingertips extended into razor sharp claws. Her fur turns into a dark purple almost black colour as her fetlocks grow longer. Her mane and tail also grow longer and look unkempt, their colour changing to a deep blue as well. Her horn then curves back giving it a sinister appearance.

Jack smirks as the other ponies and dragon gasp at her new look, though a timberwolf biting Luna in the ass for 12 damage gets her attention back on the fight with a yelp.

Lyra grins sadistically showing off her new fangs and leaps into the air with the aid of her new wings before landing onto one of the two remaining timberwolves and starts slashing with her new claws dealing 20 damage a hit.

Bon Bon continues to stare at her marefriend as Lyra gleefully tears into the timberwolf which she ends up killing, a small green wisp of energy flows into Lyra from the slain monster as it fades away healing her for 20 HP.

Luna reuses her Shockwave skill and deals 5 damage to the slimes and 12 to the last timberwolf while keeping the aggro up.

Celestia recasts her Holy Judgement spell on the remaining timber wolf dealing 28 damage and reapplying the health on hit effect for three seconds. She then casts Holy Light on Luna healing her for 30 HP making the spell's cooldown increased from three seconds to six.

Luna uses her Strike of Conviction performing a heavy overhead downward slash dealing 33 damage to the last timberwolf killing it and healing herself for 50 HP, leaving her skill with a cooldown of ten seconds, she's also healed by 16 HP from Celestia's Holy Judgement effect.

Vinyl is throwing her javelins at the slimes for 11 damage as her skills require a pet to use and you can't change or summon a pet during combat.

Lyra's Demonic Form finally times out after thirty seconds and she returns to normal so she backs off and continues to fire basic attacks at the slimes.

Spike raises both his weapons above his head and slams them down onto the right slime for 19 damage making it explode into a puddle of goo.

The last slime spits a glob of acid at Luna as she's once again poisoned for 29 damage and 5 more a second for ten seconds.

In a fit of frustration, Luna punts the slime with her right hoof kicking the monster a good twenty feet away while Lyra, Celestia, and Vinyl attack from a distance.

After a few more bolts and javelins the slime is slain.

<>---<> End Battle Theme <>---<>

Celestia picks up a loot bag out of curiosity and it fades away, a screen pops up with a list of the loot obtained.

"Two bits and a timberwolf fang?" she says to herself looking at the screen.

"Yeah, these low level monsters aren't worth much, and we discovered the fangs are used for attack boosting potions," Laura tells the white alicorn.

"I see, so it is a resource for the guild vault then?" Celestia asks.

"Yeah, unless you want to take up alchemy it's worthless to ya, Samantha can use it to make more potions later," Satoshi tells her.

Frank walks over to both groups and smiles. "Well for your first battles that was good. Though we'll need to get more members willing to be healers, while Celestia did well keeping Luna's HP up, it won't work in a dungeon, a dedicated healer will be required," he praises and then tells Celestia and Luna.

The two alicorns look at each other and then smile. "We know just the mare for the job," Celestia replies looking back at Frank.

"Alright, contact her and bring her over with her records as well when you can," Frank says and then looks to the others. "Again well done, you may now stay out here and keep practising or head back to the Guild Hall and pick a room for yourselves. You don't have to live here but having your own room would be beneficial if you stay here too late," he tells them.

"Sweet! Last one there is a rotten cockatrice egg!" Rainbow Dash yells and flies off back to the Guildhall.

"Wait for me, Dashie!" Pinkie yells at the pegasus and runs off faster than she should be carrying a large cannon on her back.

The others all return to the Guildhall but Celestia and Luna ask the group of friends to wait.

"We have something we wish to ask of you," Celestia says to them.

"Why so serious all of a sudden?" Jack asks with a raised brow.

Luna and Celestia share a glance before looking back at them. "With the fall of Canterlot, Equestria has lost its capital and most of the other towns and cities have been cut off from each other... we would like to ask if we could build a new capital around your Guildhall and would like to use it as a temporary castle until we can take back Canterlot," Celestia asks them.

The five friends then huddle up together.

"So what do you guys think? Should we let them?" Frank asks for his friends opinions.

"I like the Idea, being the centre of a new city sounds fun," Jack replies.

"This could also give hope to others seeing a new capital rise and would bring more people who might want to join the guild," Laura says.

"I, erm, like the idea as well," Samantha says.

"I don't see why not, we still own the castle and they'll just be living in it, at the end of the day we get to say what's built or not," Satoshi replies.

"So we're all in agreement then?" Frank asks, the others nodded at him.

They break away and turn back to the Princesses who are smiling. "Ah, good hearing right?" Frank asks them.

Celestia giggles and nodded. "Yes, and we agree to build the city how you wish. We'll provide the resources if you can help provide the bits to pay for the labour," she tells them while Luna is looking at her copper greatsword.

"Wouldn't be too hard if we can find another dungeon more to our level," Jack replies. "Where is the next nearest dungeon from here?" Jack then asks them.

"In the Everfree Forest, our old castle from a millennia ago which was overrun by the forest is now a ruin which is crawling with monsters," Luna replies.

"We'll have a look tomorrow, right now let's find you both a decent room and then discuss what'll happen with you all next," Frank says as they all head back to the Guildhall.