• Published 4th Mar 2016
  • 4,168 Views, 194 Comments

Kirsarnia - Urimas Ebonheart



An MMO dungeoneering party arrives in Equestria after a failed dungeon run where the boss pulls them through their monitors upon his victory.

  • ...
10
 194
 4,168

Arc 1 - Chapter 6: The Guildhall and Discoveries

Karsarnia
Arc 1 - Chapter 6: The Guildhall and Discoveries

The group steps out of the portal and a status window pops up showing them the EXP they earned in the dungeon. All of them grew to level four and gained six stat points which they spend increasing their stats.

"Which stat do I need to raise?" Daring Do asks them with a frown looking at her screen.

"Mostly on Agility, it'll make you move and attack faster and give you a higher critical hit chance. You'll also want some in Vitality to boost your HP a bit," Frank tells her as he spends two on vitality, two on Endurance and two on Strength.

"Oh," she replies and spends them on four Agility and two Vitality.

The ground then starts to shake under them as the ruins are enveloped in a white glow. The flash blinds the group and the once ruined building is now a pristine Castle.

"Whoa... what just happened?" Laura asks looking around.

The walls and ceiling are intact and the furniture looks brand new, the banners and tapestries are repaired and the windows whole again.

"I don't know... but I like it! If it doesn't belong to anyone we can take it as our base or guide hall!" Jack says with a grin before running off to explore.

Daring Do just looks gobsmacked. "Bu-but this Castle was destroyed and nearly everypony inside was killed by the monsters when they first arrived twenty years ago!" she says looking around as well.

Frank looks back and the portal is still there but is now a light blue colour and swirling more calmly. "It would appear we cleansed it or something," he replies before looking around as well.

"GUYS!" Jack’s voice echoes throughout the hall before he runs back to the others. "There's like a hundred single person bedrooms upstairs!" he tells the others.

"Who would have a Castle with that many bedrooms?" Samantha asks.

"I dunno, but if we expand the guild with new members they can choose to live here. We could even start our own community or something!" Jack replies excited like a child.

"Do we want to expand though? What about trying to find a way home?" Satoshi asks.

"We have no leads or knowledge about how to get home, and we don't know if whatever power or magic that is allowing us to fight like this will last on other people, there's only one way to find out though," Frank replies and turns to Daring Do.

He opens the party menu screen and kicks Daring out of the party.

After a few seconds nothing happens and she still has her name, level, class tag, and HP bar above her head. "Well... that answers that," Jack says.

"So what are you guys going to do now?" the tan pegasus asks them.

"Probably look around here and see what we got, we have a week's supply of food and water before we need to get more. Then we'll look for the nearest town and resupply," Frank replies.

"I see," Daring says and smiles. "Do you mind if I hang around until then? I want to see if this dungeon is still dangerous or not," she asks them.

The group look at each other and smile. "Sure, pick any bedroom you'd like, just don't take anything," Frank replies and smirks.

Daring frowns at him with crossed arms until she smirks. "Don't worry, this is all yours, you earned it, I just tagged along. Besides, I got what I came for and a pretty nice haul from the loot as well, so I'm set for a good few months," she replies before wondering off into the Castle.

"Well then guys, let's see what we have here shall we?" Frank says to the others before they split up and explore the Castle.


Three Days Later


The group of friends searched the entire Castle and found three Vaults in the basement, four large bathing rooms, a grand dining hall that could seat a hundred people with a big kitchen next to it, a war room which has a map of Equestria on it with the Castle's location that has their guild name above it, a large library with books on history and other subjects like Equestrian magic and such, and an armoury with a forge, alchemy table, tailoring tools, and a workbench.

The group is currently gathered together in one of the lounges near the bedrooms.

"This place is amazing! I can't believe this is all ours!" Jack says taking a drink of water while sitting on a comfy couch.

"I know right? And those beds are so soft and comfortable!" Laura replies.

A chuckle echoes throughout the room and Discord pops up in front of everyone making Jack spit out his drink in shock. "Hello my little dungeon running friends! How are you today?" he asks the surprised group while floating on his stomach.

"Discord!" Jack yells and tries to tackle him again, only for the same result to happen.

"He's not very bright is he, you would think he learned the first time," Discord says with a chuckle.

"What are you doing here?" Frank asks not angrily but with confusion.

"I came to congratulate you on a job well done. I have gathered some rather interesting facts about these dungeons now that you cleared one," he replies.

"And that would be?" Satoshi asks while Jack grumbles and walks back to his seat.

"That the 'bosses' inside the dungeons are the cause of these monsters spawning everywhere, while you did cleanse this one, it would seem that only twenty percent of the monsters only spawn nearby the dungeon now. The portal is now also acting like a filter suppressing most of the magic that spawns these monsters keeping most of them inside but it'll still allow you to re-enter and clear it again for loot and or experience, just like that MMO game you used to play," he tells them. "What is stumping me still is how these dungeons popped up in the first place and how they fundamentally work," Discord says with a shrug.

"I see... So what would happen if the boss respawns?" Frank asks him.

"Haven't the foggiest, it might return this nice place into a ruin again, it might be stuck down there waiting to be slain again, or it could gather up the magic inside and revert the portal... there are plenty of theories really," the chaos spirit replies. "Oh! How do you like the place so far? I had to spend quite a bit of magic just to bind this place to your little guild, The Dungeoneers, cute name by the way," he tells them.

"You did that?" Laura asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Well duh, it's not like clearing the dungeon lets you claim it. I had to drain half my magic for that little trick, I hope you appreciate it," he says with a huff.

"You dragged us here against our wills, you've got some nerve asking us that," Jack tells him.

"Oh really? If you had the power to bring those that could save your world from extinction, wouldn't you do it as well to protect those you care for and love?" he replies and asks.

"Alright then, why us?" Frank asks.

"I've looked through a lot of your worlds MMO games over the years I was there, your little group were the most skilled I saw so I just picked you. I would have brought your levels and equipment along as well but my magic got scrambled pulling you through, whatever is making these dungeons didn't like me bringing help it seems," Discord tells them.

"I thought you said we were on our own when you left," Samantha says to him.

"Only until I gathered some of my magic back, pulling you from another world wasn't easy especially with some unknown power interfering. I had to sleep for the last three days just to recover from that and binding this place to you after you cleansed it," he replies with a huff.

"Erm. I guess fuck you for dragging us here and thank you for giving us a great place to stay," Jack says.

"Buck you too and you're welcome," Discord replies with a grin.

"Just asking, can you even send us back? Even if we remove this unknown power?" Frank asks Discord.

"Maybe, but I can't guarantee you'd be placed in the same places I took you from or even if you'll return to normal, and who's to say there'll be anything for you to go back to? I don't know how long it'll take for you to destroy this being or whatever is doing this," Discord replies with the first sad expression they've seen on him yet.

Samantha starts to tear up and hugs Frank with her head buried in his shoulder sobbing quietly.

"I am sorry I dragged you here, but I don't want to see my world and the one I love in it reduced to dust. I did what I had to do to bring balance back to the world," Discord says and surprises everyone by bowing to them. "Please will you forgive and help me save this world?" he asks them sincerely.

Thinking it over, Frank can't help but feel sorry for him. He'd probably do the same to save his world and family.

"Alright, we'll help," Frank says getting shocked looks from the others.

"Why?" Jack asks Frank.

"If we don't then who will? I doubt Discord has the magic left to bring anyone else here and we're already here and know how to fight back... Besides, I would have done the same if I had the choice," he replies lightly stroking Samantha's hair.

Jack narrows his eyes slightly before sighing. "Yeah alright, I see your point. While I'm still pissed off at him for dragging us here away from our friends and family… but I wouldn't want to see them get killed either," he says and then looks at Discord. "What are you going to do now?" Jack asks him.

"I'm going to rest some more and figure out how to break out of this damn stone prison this unknown being trapped me in when it arrived," he replies.

"Where is your body anyway?" Satoshi asks him.

"Over in Ponyville where it's safe in the Library’s basement. Princess Celestia is watching over it for me while I figure out what is going on," Discord replies and yawns. "Now I must be going, I need a long nap to recover still so I'll see you lot in about a month. Good luck and have fun, I know you were while in that dungeon. Oh and can you give a message to Princess Celestia for me? Can you tell her I'll be home soon," he says and vanishes in a puff of smoke.

Everyone is silent for a few minutes before the door opens and Daring walks in. "Erm, why does it feel like somepony just died?" she asks them.

"Oh don't worry, just some life changing news and discoveries," Jack replies and finishes his drink.

"Oooookay, well I'm off back to Ponyville, do you want to come along? I need to send my report about you and the dungeon to the Princesses," she tells them.

"Sure, we also have some new information about the dungeon from Discord as well," Frank tells her and stands up after making sure Samantha is alright.