• Published 4th Mar 2016
  • 4,168 Views, 194 Comments

Kirsarnia - Urimas Ebonheart



An MMO dungeoneering party arrives in Equestria after a failed dungeon run where the boss pulls them through their monitors upon his victory.

  • ...
10
 194
 4,168

Arc 1 - Chapter 4: The First Dungeon Part 1

Kirsarnia
Arc 1 - Chapter 4: The First Dungeon Part 1

The party steps through the portal with Frank up front ready to tank any monsters. The group is in a large lobby like room with five blue jelly like blobs sliding across the floor.

"Looks like your typical generic slimes," Satoshi says as the party watches them.

"Okay, here's the plan, they seem like physical attacks won't work much on them so I want you," Frank says pointing to Laura. "blasting them with magic and you," he says and then points to Satoshi. "To use your arcane arrow on them when you can. Jack and I will keep their attention." He then looks at Samantha. "I want you to cast renewal on both Jack and myself and keep them going, only heal us if we go below fifty percent HP," Frank tells her.

"Okay," she replies and the others nodded.

"Let's do this then, first cast your serenity spell Sam," Frank says and Samantha casts it, boosting their HP by +10%.

"Whoa, that feels... I feel great!" Daring Do says as the buff boosts her HP.

"Alright, Daring, stay next to Sam and protect her in case anything shows up to attack her," Frank orders her. She growls at being ordered but nodded.

<)===(> Battle Theme <)===(>

Frank then uses his shield charge at the slime in the middle of the group of mobs dealing 20 damage and then taunts them all, gaining all their aggro.

Jack then leaps into the group of slimes with a roar and slams down on three of them dealing 15 damage and knocking them back a few feet and then starts swinging his hammer into them dealing 12 basic attack damage.

What surprises the group is not only can they see the HP bars of the monsters but also the damage they're doing as red numbers flying off the monsters that disappear in the air.

This gets Daring Do to stare slack jawed.

Laura fires a lightning bolt which hits her target and then chains to three other slimes dealing 50 damage to the first and 25 to the other three.

Satoshi shoots his arcane arrow at one dealing 65 damage and then waits for the cooldown to end.

Frank grunts as a slime thrusts a piece of itself like a spear at him dealing 10 damage, though there was pain it was very dull, like getting a small bruise.

Samantha casts renewal on both Frank and Jack as they continue to bash and slash at the five slimes.

Jack uses his fury points to use his cleave skill and hits all five slimes in front of him dealing 8 damage to each and a -15% physical debuff for three seconds.

Frank uses his shield bash to hit four of the slimes dealing 12 damage and increase their aggro on him.

Samantha then casts her lesser heal spell on Frank as he's nearly down to 55% HP

Laura is casting her firebolt spells in rapid succession dealing 55 damage each and burning for an additional 6 damage a second for five seconds until her MP runs out and she begins to fire basic attack mana bolts that deal 35 magic damage from her staff which costs no MP and only deal 100% weapon damage with no added effects.

Daring Do is just watching the group in awe, this is the kind of coordination the royal guard use, but they’ve never managed to get the monsters to focus on one pony before.

Jack brings down his hammer on a slime dealing 13 damage and its HP bar hits zero, causing it to go splat and die. It fades away leaving a loot bag on the ground.

"That's one! Keep going!" Frank yells out with vigour in his tone receiving cheers from the others in response.

Laura's MP has recovered and she back to casting spells again.

Satoshi fires another arcane arrow at a slime and kills it leaving another loot bag.

Frank refreshes his taunt and shield bashes the last three slimes dealing 12 damage. One of the slimes spits out a bubbling blue liquid which hits Frank in the chest dealing 5 damage a second and the poison lasts for thirty seconds. There's also a little green poison drop icon under his HP bar as well.

Samantha recasts renewal on Frank and Jack and then heals Frank again for 120 HP.

Daring is just stunned, what the guard couldn't do these beings are doing with ease, these very slimes reduced the royal guards to melted flesh and bones... Yet Frank took the acid to his chest and he's fine, the only visual effect it has is the dark purple number five flying off him every second and a faint wince of pain from him.

Frank then stabs a slime dealing 8 damage and kills it.

After a few more seconds, the last two slimes are killed and five loot bags sit on the floor.

<>---<> End Battle Theme <>---<>

Frank picks up all the loot bags and a screen appears in front of him with a list of the loot.

fifteen bits, a pair of copper daggers, and five slime jellies. Frank distributes three Bits and a slime jelly each to everyone except Daring Do.

Frank turns to Daring and gives the daggers to her. "You're a rogue now and they prefer daggers, besides you'll need them if you want to use your skills," he tells her.

Daring takes the daggers and they vanish into her inventory, she opens the screen like she was shown and equips them. Her whip vanishes and the daggers are now on her hips.

"That's so cool," she says and draws them.

"Good fight guys, but let's keep going!" Frank says and they all cheer, even Daring is getting into it now.

The party walks down a tunnel where they find an unlocked chest and open it. It contains: sixty bits, four chunks of copper ore, and a uncommon copper buckler shield which Frank equips boosting his defence by ten.

"So what kind of magic is this that lets you fight these monsters," Daring asks the five friends.

"We're not sure, we were just gamers before we were dragged here by a freak of a thing named Discord and he told us to destroy the dungeons and find the source that's making them," Jack replies while keeping an eye out for mobs.

"DISCORD!?" Daring shouts and stares at the group. "Discord brought you here!? But he's trapped in stone and no one's been able to hear from him, not even the Princesses," she asks and says with wide eyes.

"Not willingly no. We were playing our favourite MMO Kirsarnia when a new dungeon was released and Discord was the boss in it. We reached him and fought him but I think he cheated and just breathed this yellow flame on us all instantly killing us... We couldn't respawn or even exit the game and then the next thing we see is his paw hand reach out and drag us into our monitors," Satoshi informs her.

"We arrived here just yesterday actually," Frank adds at the end of Satoshi's reply.

"So... you were all taken from your homes?" Daring asks with her ears splayed back.

"Yeah, and Discord won't send us back and he said no one else could. So we're stuck here and going to make the most of our situation," Frank replies. Samantha and Laura look upset that they'll never see their families and other friends again.

The group comes across another room with broken furniture and glass on the floor with three blue slimes and three red slimes in the middle of the room.

<)===(> Battle Theme<)===(>

"Alright same plan as before, Daring, keep Sam safe again," Frank says and then charges into the slimes dealing 20 damage and then taunts them all.

Jack roars out casting his Warcry giving everyone a 10% damage buff and generates 10 fury, he then leaps into the pile dealing 6 damage followed by a 9 damage cleave.

Laura casts her Lightning Bolt spell dealing 50 damage and chaining to three more for 25 damage, then she continues to cast Fire Bolts dealing 55 damage into them until her Lightning Bolt cools down again or she's out of MP.

Satoshi shoots Arcane Arrows at the red slimes dealing between 50 to 60 damage, while Samantha heals Jack and Frank from 80 to 130 HP.

Two more blue slimes appear and attack Samantha, she yelps in surprise but Daring gets in front of the Cleric and thrusts her daggers into the two slimes dealing 8 damage each.

One of them spits acid at Daring and she screams remembering the stories of the melted guards, she crosses her arms in front of her and the acid hits her.

'This is it, this is how it ends...' she thinks to herself but there's no blinding pain or melting of flesh, she looks up and sees her arms covered but not melting. Daring feels a tiny amount of pain but otherwise physically fine.

"Hold on Daring, I'll heal you!" Samantha says and casts renewal on her healing her for 20 HP and 10 HP more every second after.

A warmth spreads throughout Daring and the pain lessens even more. With a grin she rapidly stabs the slime six times that spat at her dealing 6 damage per stab. She then uses her Poisonous Stab skill in revenge for poisoning her, the attack did 10 damage but the slime is immune to the poison.

Jack runs over to help and uses cleave on both slimes dealing 8 damage and weakening their defence by -15% where Daring and Jack wail on them both until Frank uses taunt again getting all the monsters aggro.

Samantha focuses back on Frank and heals him for 120 HP along with a refresh of his renewal healing as well.

The fight is going well and four slimes are now dead, Satoshi kills a slime while Laura kills another.

<>---<> End Battle Theme <>---<>

The battle is over and the loot is distributed, even Daring got a share due to her involvement in that fight.

Thirty-two bits are shared while Daring Do and Jack both get a HP potion each, Satoshi gets an uncommon leather cap and Samantha gets a new uncommon spell book foci.

The party continues through the Dungeon killing mobs and getting pieces of new equipment and crafting materials. Daring is surprised that she's having fun, the fact she's not taking any visible wounds and with a skilled group is making this much more exciting than it would be on her own.

"Wait!" Daring says to the others in a narrow hallway. "I see a trap ahead, looks like a trap door with spikes below," she tells them.

Daring used one of her skill points for a passive skill called Detect Traps. It allows her to see traps up to ten feet away which look like they're highlighted red to her.

"Can you disarm it?" Frank asks her.

"How?" she asks back.

"Get close to it and a window or option will popup asking if you wish to attempt to disable it with the odds of success as well... at least that's how it worked in the game," Jack replies.

Daring slowly approaches and a menu window pops up.

Do you wish to disable this trap?
80% Chance of success.
(Yes) (No)

Laura leans over her shoulder and smiles. "Those are good odds, go for it," she tells Daring.

Daring taps the yes button and she gains some EXP as the trap is disabled and the red highlight fades away. "It worked..." she says dumbstruck. She usually would have to run through or fly over traps but here she is, disabling them with a new power.

"Good job, now keep an eye out for anymore," Frank tells Daring and they continue on.

The group arrives at a room that looks like it was once a ball room of some sort. Ruined tables and chairs are spread out and look to be in splintered pieces, paintings hang loosely on the walls with faded or torn images of ponies and scenery.

In the middle of the room is a golden chest with two crystal statues that look like lions with bat wings and a scorpion tail.

"Whoa! Look at that chest man! I call dibs!" Jack says and runs over to it.

"WAIT!" Daring yells when she got close enough to see the chest was a trap.

Jack opens the chest and then looks back to her. "What?" he asks but is then swatted away by one of the statues tail taking 44 damage.

He rolls along the ground and stops thirteen feet away, but to Daring's surprise he just gets back up and dusts himself off like he only tripped and not rag dolled along the ground.

"Alright, from now on Daring checks the chests..." Jack mumbles and picks up his hammer.

The two crystal statues now have names above them.

<Thira> < Judas>

"These guys look like they're more magic resistant, I want Laura protecting Sam and I want Daring and Jack attacking them from behind while I keep them on me. Satoshi, I want you to use your power shot as much as possible." Frank tells them and everyone agrees.

<)===(> Battle Theme <)===(>

Frank charges in dealing 50 damage to Thria and then taunts them both followed by a shield bash for 38 damage and increasing their aggro on himself.

Jack uses his warcry again generating 20 fury and +10% damage for everyone. He then leaps into them dealing 32 damage to both and generating 20 fury again. He then cleaves both statutes dealing 54 damage and lowering their defence by -15%

Daring quickly runs behind Judas and rapidly stabs the crystal monster six times dealing 25 damage per hit. The higher damage numbers compared to the slimes makes Daring grin to herself.

Satoshi charges up his power shot over two seconds and fires it at Thira dealing 80 damage, but now he has to wait thirty seconds before using it again so he fires basic attacks at Thria dealing 45 damage a hit.

Laura just attacks them with basic attacks dealing 22 damage while she keeps an eye on the surroundings for anymore monsters.

Frank takes a hit from Judas' crystal claw taking 45 damage bringing his HP down to 255.

Samantha casts renewal on Frank and jack healing 20 HP and 10 HP more every second but also keeps an eye open for Daring in case she gets hit.

Frank takes a few more hits for 120 damage and Samantha heals him for 100 HP with her lesser heal spell.

Jack uses his cleave again dealing 56 damage to them and reapplies the -15% physical defence debuff.

Daring uses her rapid stabs skill again dealing 24 damage a hit to Judas.

Suddenly, Thria and Judas turn their tails around and stab both Daring and Jack dealing 54 damage to Jack and 65 damage to Daring. They're both also poisoned for 8 damage every second for ten seconds.

Samantha casts renewal on both of them then she heals Frank and then heals both Daring and Jack for 110 HP. Her MP is now low so she drinks one of her three MP potions.

Satoshi's power shot is ready again which he fires it at Thria dealing 82 damage and killing the monster.

The group's morale rises and they all swarm Judas.

The crystal monster is having trouble and is taking heavy damage but he now seems to be dealing more damage as well. Frank notices it now has an enraged buff increasing damage by +50%, it must have happened when the other one was defeated.

Frank is then tackled by Judas for 152 damage sending him ten feet back and loses all the aggro he had. Judas then turns to Jack and claws him across the chest dealing 85 damage.

"Sam! Heal jack!" Frank yells and uses one of his HP Potions healing 150 HP.

"Okay!" she replies and casts lesser heal on jack healing him by 95 HP.

Frank uses his shield charge skill and slams into Judas dealing 50 Damage and then taunts him. Judas turns back to Frank and stabs him with his stinger for 48 damage and 6 damage a second for ten seconds.

Samantha then recasts renewal on Frank, Jack, and Daring.

Satoshi and Laura are still shooting basic attacks at Judas while Jack cleaves it again and Daring is stabbing it as much as she can.

After a few more minutes, Judas crumbles into pieces and the group cheer for their victory.

<>---<> End Battle Theme <>---<>

Frank picks up the loot and shares out the forty bits and gives Laura the crystal shards. Daring also got an uncommon pair of leather gloves as well.

Jack then returns to the golden chest and opens it to find one-hundred and twenty-three bits and a copper warhammer +1. "Sweet! An upgraded hammer!" he says and equips it. Then he shares the bits with everyone else.

"Alright then guys, let's take a break here for ten minutes and rest up," Frank tells the others, they gather up some still intact chairs and gather around one of the few still standing tables and begin to eat and drink.