• Published 4th Mar 2016
  • 4,168 Views, 194 Comments

Kirsarnia - Urimas Ebonheart



An MMO dungeoneering party arrives in Equestria after a failed dungeon run where the boss pulls them through their monitors upon his victory.

  • ...
10
 194
 4,168

Arc 1 - Chapter 16: The Everfree Dungeon Part 4

Kirsarnia
Arc 1 - Chapter 16: The Everfree Dungeon Part 4

While Frank's party is in the Everfree Dungeon, Twilight's party is in the Whitetail Woods practising their formations and getting used to their abilities.

"Oh buck!" Rainbow yelps and flaps her wings to avoid a timberwolf leaping at her.

"Ah'ma comin', RD!" Applejack yells out and uses her Bastion Rush skill to ram into the timberwolf along with two others in her way. She then uses her taunt skill to add more aggro to them.

Rarity is throwing her shurikens while Twilight is blasting away with arcane spells. Rainbow jumps onto the timberwolf that tried to jump her and wraps her arms around its barrel before hefting it up and leaning back into a suplex, slamming the timberwolf into the dirt head first.

Pinkie spots another timberwolf sneaking up behind Fluttershy who's attention is focused on Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Pinkie aims her cannon at the wooden wolf as the projectile guideline points at its head. She pulls the trigger letting off a loud bang as the cannonball slams into the monster, sending it skidding away a couple of metres.

Fluttershy yelps from the loud noise behind her and looks to see Pinkie grinning at her.

It doesn’t take them long to defeat the monsters and collect the small amount of loot.

“Why couldn't we have done this sooner? Getting bits like this is way easier than being on the weather patrol!” Rainbow Dash says and accepts her share of the few bits they got.

“True, but who’ll manage the weather and farms if everypony did this?” Twilight replies and checks her stats. “Now that we’re all level five, I think we can try to go through the dungeon in the Guild Hall. This will be good experience for future dungeons we might have to face,” she says to her friends.

“Shouldn't we wait fer Frank and his friends before going in there?” Applejack asks while putting down her shields and stretching her back.

“I think we should wait... I don’t want to get in trouble,” Fluttershy says quietly.

“I agree with Applejack and Fluttershy. We should wait for the others first,” Rarity adds in.

“I don’t see why! If they did it at level two, we can wipe the floor with them as we are,” Rainbow says and crosses her arms.

“We’ll wait for the others first. They gave us these powers to defend ourselves with, we don’t want to offend them,” Twilight tells her and starts walking in another direction. “Come on, let’s keep practising and when Frank and the others return, we can ask them if we can try the dungeon,” Twilight tells her party.

“Argh, fine,” Rainbow groans out and follows behind her.


Frank and his group finish planning and attack the skeletons shambling about the large chamber. The battle doesn't last long and the skeletons are defeated. Samantha's little goblin warrior defended her when a skeleton attacked her, turns out the pet also needs to be healed just like any party member, and Samantha didn't want to find out what would happen should Thena have died.

"That was easier than I thought," Jack comments as the last skeleton fades away.

"Trash mobs, I surmise that the boss is just a little further down. And by the looks of these mobs, it's either an undead one like a lich or a necromancer," Satoshi says looking around the chamber.

"I agree, I personally think it's a necromancer," Laura says.

Thena grumbles as Samantha hugs the irritated looking goblin.

"Right then, let's continue onward!" Frank says and walks through the chamber avoiding a heavily rotted corpse of a pony on the floor wearing similar armour they saw the guards in Ponyville wear.


Meanwhile in Ponyville.

A carriage pulled by four pegasi lands next to the Town Hall where a light pink alicorn mare and a white unicorn stallion step out and walk up to the doors.

"Princess!" the guards both say and salute to the mare.

"Hello. I trust my aunts are in?" the pink mare asks them.

"Yes, ma'am. They're both in their office now," the right guard replies.

"Then I shall go see them then," the mare says and the guards open the doors for her.

She thanks them as she walks by and the guards give a respectful nod to the white furred, blue maned stallion with her who returns the nod.

The mare at the front desk greets the pink alicorn happily and lets her know that Celestia and Luna are now ready to see her.

“Thank you,” the alicorn says and walks past.

Once she reaches the door, she knocks on it lightly. “Auntie Tia? Auntie Luna?” she asks.

“Cadence? Come in,” Celestia replies with surprise.

Cadence opens the door to see her aunts looking through many application forms.

“Greetings, niece. Please sit, we have much to discuss,” Luna tells the pink mare. “Ah, I see you've brought your husband along as well,” she then says as the stallion comes in after Cadence.

“Well, Shining and I are both wondering what you meant by ‘the means to take back what is ours’ in the emergency letter you sent me,” Cadence replies as she and Shining sit on the couch to the side "You both know we don't like to travel outside the shield unless we have to. We were attacked by several monsters on the way here, but fortunately our guards were able to outrun them."

“Well... as we mentioned in our letter. We've come across some visitors who have the ability to fight and slay the monsters that our guards couldn't even scratch,” Celestia tells her making Shining frown.

“These ponies can slay the monsters?” he asks unconvinced. “Nothing has been able to hurt them for years, what do these ponies have that we didn't?”

“Well, firstly, they’re not ponies. They’re multiple races from another world brought here by Discord to aid us in fighting back,” Luna tells him.

“Aliens?” he asks neutrally with a raised brow.

“My sister speaks the truth. These five individuals are from another world and have brought the means of which to slay the monsters and cleanse the dungeons spawning them. They've already cleansed the Whitetail Dungeon and even now they are in the dungeon of our old castle in the Everfree Forest," Celestia says.

"They're in the Everfree?" Cadence asks stunned as walking into that forest is a death sentence.

"Correct," Luna replies and picks up her old sword she put on display on the wall. "They even retrieved my old sword from our old castle and Starswirl's old spell book," she tells them while holding up her sword. She's still upset at the level one-hundred requirement to wield it.

"Impressive. So how do they slay these monsters?" Shining asks the princesses.

"They have the abilities from a game they played back on their world, and by inviting others into their party or guild, they too shall receive their own power to slay monsters. Both Luna and I along with your sister, her friends, Spike, a few of the town's folk, and even a changeling have this power," Celestia replies and makes her hand glow with a golden light that isn't alicorn or even pony magic.

"Twilight has this power!?" Shining asks stunned, but then frowns. "Wait... did you say changeling?" he asks angrily.

"She does, and the changeling's are not as we thought them to be. Our resident changeling has been living here for decades and has harmed no one. So we shall allow her to remain here," Luna replies and then looks at Cadence. "The reason we have called for you, niece, is because we require a healer for our party. I am the tank, the one who'll keep the monsters attention on myself. While Tia is a ranged magic user," Luna says and looks to Shining. "If Shining would like to join, I'm sure there's a class suitable for him."

"You want me to be a healer?" the pink mare asks.

"Yes. While I can heal others a small amount, I'm not a true healer class," Celestia replies. "We would like you to be our healer to help us fight back against the monsters," she then asks Cadence.

"I don't know... I've never been in a fight before, let alone a battle," Cadence says nervously.

"You won't have to fight, your role will be to help keep us alive. Even the timid Fluttershy is fighting alongside her friends as their healer," Celestia tells her.

"Are you telling me that my little sister and her friends are out there fighting the monsters right now?" Shining asks with horror filled eyes.

"Yes, but you don't have to worry. Should they be slain in battle, they'll respawn to the nearest anchor crystal alive and well. Rainbow Dash has already proven this when she was killed in battle yesterday," Luna tells him.

Both Shining and Cadence's jaws drop at that.

"Now if you'll excuse us, we need to escort a group of builders to the Guild Hall in the Whitetail Woods to begin building a new city there," Celestia tells the couple. "You're welcome to come with us and wait for Frank and his friends to return from the Everfree Forest. Do you have the paperwork I asked you to bring?"

Cadence snaps out of her stupor and pulls out a few sheets of paper with information about herself written on it.

"I did, but why do you need it?" she asks.

"Frank will only allow those that provide a background check to join the Guild, and we have to agree with him as the higher level abilities these powers can do can be devastating," Luna replies and gets up while Celestia sends a message to Twilight to come back and help escort the builders. "Come, we have a new capital to build!" Luna then says and heads for the door.


Back at the Everfree Dungeon


The six dungeoneers carve their way down the long stone hallway, slaying skeletons in robes, armour, and wielding different weapons along the way. They loot a decent amount of bits and some raw materials before arriving at a pair of large wooden doors.

"Think this is the boss room?" Jack asks the others.

Laura gives him a deadpan look. "Gee, let me think. Skulls covering the door frame, evil looking mist coming from under the door, the faint sound of laboured breathing on the other side... need I go on?" she replies sarcastically.

"Alright! No need to snap at me, jeez!" the warrior replies with a frown.

"Settle down. I think we're all just getting tired, so let's just beat the boss and head back to the Guild Hall for some food and rest," Frank says to his two bickering friends.

They both grumble and nodded. Frank then walks over to the door and spots a small lever on the left side. He walks over, avoiding a skull on the floor and pulls the lever.

The doors slowly creak open as the eye sockets of the skulls lining the frame light up with a cold ice blue light as they then seem to look at the group.

"That's creepy," Samantha says as all eyes then look at her.

"Help us..." a faint voice says to the group.

"Free us..." another says desperately.

"Make it end!"

"Okay. I'm officially spooked," Jack says pokes one of the skulls.

"Who's there?" Samantha asks.

"We've been trapped here for centuries since the fall of the castle. The necromancer that moved in has stolen our souls to power his abominations... " a voice replies.

"Damn..." Jack says with wide eyes.

"So you've all been here since before the dungeons appeared?" Frank then asks them.

"Yes. Please kill the necromancer... free us!" a different voice replies.

"Well, we came here to complete the dungeon anyway, might as well do this too," Satoshi says getting his bow ready.

"Thank you... but be warned. He will use us against you," a deep male voice warns the group.

Frank looks through the now open doors to see a black cloaked figure standing over a table with a corpse of different body parts resting on it. The figure turns to the party and all that is visible under his hood is a dark grey muzzle sticking out and glowing red eyes.

"Well well well, what do we have here?" the necromancer asks in a raspy tone.

"Oh you know, local dungeoneering group just here to cleanse the dungeons around the place," Jack sarcastically replies.

The necromancer chuckles before holding out his right hand where dark purple magic gathers in his palm and lengthens into a staff with a pony skull on the end.

"I see, though I don't know how you managed to get by my creations and the goblins I employed without so much as a scratch, but no matter. I will enjoy ripping out your souls and turning your corpses into loyal soldiers," the cloaked pony says as he raises his staff which then starts to glow.

The skull's eyes light up as five skeletons and five zombies enter the chamber from the doors at the sides.

"So lame... no evil monologue? No maniacal laughter? No droning threats? Fine... let's just kill him and go home already..." Jack says with a frown and disappointment in his tone as he readies his sword.

"What?" the necromancer asks confused as the undead shamble to a stop due to their master's lost focus.

"Oh don't worry. Jack just likes overly dramatic villains, the fact you just went straight for the 'you die now' thing just upset him," Laura tells the necromancer.

The necromancer frowns under his hood and snarls. "I care not for what he wants! I'm not here to entertain you! Servants! KILL THEM ALL!" the enraged pony yells and the undead all screech and attack the party.