• Published 13th Sep 2014
  • 1,654 Views, 132 Comments

Adventures Across Space - zalla661



Trixie B. Lulamoon is now the proud Commanding Officer of a shiny new NX-20 starship. As she and her crew set off to adventure they'll learn that the universe is far more cruel and unforgiving than they imagined it could be.

  • ...
7
 132
 1,654

New Friends, Old Enemies part 1

Author's Note:

Hey everyone!

Just a quick heads up to those f you who actually watched Enterprise, but this is a point where the canon of the show will divert from it's original to what I now have in store. :derpytongue2:

All will be made clear in the next chapter, so in the meantime enjoy!

Hydra Bridge

Octavia gave a sigh of relief. She allowed herself to slump down in her chair as Lt. Claw flung his arms in the air.

"Goddesses, above be blessed! Allies at last!" he cried ceremoniously.

Octavia and the rest of the crew laughed at the sudden outburst from the griffin, to be honest they all felt the same as he did. The man on the screen chuckled.

"I felt the same way when we first started our mission as well." he said walking around his chair. "I'd be happy to tell you about it once we take care of that array." he said smacking his hands on the chair.

Lyra was squealing to herself, but was doing a terrible job containing herself. She watched as the man gave a concerned look to her. Archer then took a deep breath and sat back in his chair.

"We have a team ready to assist you with the array. While they take care of it we'll keep them busy up here with our ships so they won't destroy the assault force."

The grey mare scrunched her nose at the implication. "And what is that suppose to mean?"

Archer gave a weary sigh as is ships alarm sounded and Enterprise took evasive action and hid behind the same asteroid as the Hydra.

"A whole set of heavily armed ships, don't usually go somewhere to give flowers." he said.

"Agreed." she replied, with a grin.

A beeping was heard over both ships. The asteroid was under heavy fire from the verteron array and was beginning to buckle of the assault. Archer gave an order to evade and the ship banked around the asteroid. Then Octavia had an idea.

"Captain Archer," she said getting his attention. "Keep your ship behind ours. I have an Idea, standby."

She looked over to Vinyl who gave he an odd look. "What's up commander?"

The grey mare looked over the crew on the bridge, they were counting on her, she had to make sure she kept them safe. But she was afraid. Afraid of failing them and getting more of them killed. She wondered if this was the same feeling of helplessness Trixie felt when she ordered the ship to jump into a blackhole, hoping it would work.

She sighed shaking her head. She leaned back in her chair, not taking Trixie's, she felt like she didn't deserve to sit in that chair. Captains commanded authority and never faltered in their decisions. She walked over to Vinyl's station, standing beside the ivory unicorn.

"I want you to get the tractor beam online." she said bringing up a display of the asteroid. "We're going to use it as a shield to get closer to the surface of th planet, take a few of the array outlets offline." she said.

Vinyl looked at her like she grew a second head. "Are you sure, commander? This sounds dangerous."

"We're out of options. Get it done." the commander said taking her seat beside Trixie's empty chair. "Captain Archer, stay right behind us. We're going to takeout part of the array."

"Acknowledged Hydra. We'll be right behind you. Our team is ready to get underway when we clear the path."

"Understood. Stay far enough away so if this goes badly you can at least have a chance to stop this, Terra Prime.' she said tapping her chair console. The view screen went off leaving a view of the asteroid. Octavia looked over to Vinyl and Claw. "Get the tractor beam online and set a course for the planet. Lieutenant, prepare a volley of torpedoes and prepare to fire on the relay as soon as we're clear."

"Aye commander."

The grey mare took a deep breath, steeling herself for the fight ahead. This was the moment when everything came together for better or worse. So this is what it's like to command? she thought questioningly. Ready she opened a channel throughout the ship, a light whistling sound signaled the crew that a ship wide message was about to be announced.

"Attention crew, all hooves to battle stations, medical teams standby to receive casualties." she closed the link sighing.

"Nice speech there Commander." Lyra said sarcastically.

"Oh, shut it Lyra." she snapped at the mint green mare, who was chuckling to herself. "Vinyl activate the tractor beam."

A moment later, a long green beam shot from the head of the Hydra at the surface of the large asteroid. Slowly as the ship put all of its energy into the engines it began to gain momentum. The ship shook violently for over a minute sending personnel to the floor and objects flying as the Hydra forced itself forward under the stress of the kilotons of rock.

Enterprise followed a few hundred kilometers behind, keeping a safe distance from the larger ship in case the array either broke through or they needed to make an emergency stop. The array continued firing at the asteroid, completely ignoring the strike force inbound to them.


Enterprise Bridge


Archer watched as the ship known as the Hydra, made an impressive display of moving the asteroid with relative ease. It was humbling to see such a show of force without firing a single shot. To him this was arguably more intimidating to see than a show of force. It proved that these, alien ponies were very intelligent, of course they had to be flying a ship of this caliber in space.

The sleek long shape of its hull reminded him of a straight sword with a curved edge. An elegant ship with the name of one of the most fierce monsters in all of human mythology. Human mythology. He thought about that as he watched chunks of the asteroid break off from the sides as they closed in on Mars.

The hydra, a mythical beast of ancient lore, was something they knew about. Had they visited Earth all those centuries ago? Were these aliens directly involved with Earth and its early civilizations? Then it hit him, the commander was a equine like being, perhaps they were distant cousins to Earths equine species. He made a mental note to ask about that later after this whole mess with Terra Prime was over.

"Distance?" Archer called over to a man behind him.

A man was in a similar blue uniform looked down at his console reading the distance. "40000 kilometers and closing. The asteroid won't make it that far though." he said seeing the array was focusing on it solely.

"Malcom, let's get ready. Don't want to keep our friends waiting."

The man at his station, Malcom, nodded leaving his station as another personnel took his place. Archer looked over to a woman with a round face, and a long black ponytail. "Hoshi, if we're not back in time you're ordered to complete your mission. Understood?"

"Yes, captain." she stuttered.

"Hoshi, we can't allow them to kill innocent lives." he said grabbing her shoulders gently. "Now, I'm leaving this up to you. Do what you have to. You have the com."

He walked back of the bridge to a large tubular shaft where the man named Malcom waited for him. The door closed and a minute later the two men were in a locker room with three others dressed in black and grey uniforms.

Two of them were male one female, were all dressed up ready for battle. The woman was fair skinned and had long black hair tied back. She had dark brown eyes and a small scar in her bottom lip. The two men were of average build and stood taller than her by a foot. The first man was dark skinned and had short curly black hair and placed a backpack on and slung his rifle on his shoulder.

The smaller of the two was a lighter skinned man with shorter blonde hair and blue eyes. He had a larger pack on his belt and filled it with explosives before he slung his rifle over his shoulder and joined the others shoulder to shoulder as Archer and Malcom made their way into the armory.

After gearing up the five humans made their way to their shuttle bay at he bottom of the saucer section of the ship. It wasn't a massive area like the Hydra had. This was small with their shuttlepods side by side only inches apart held up by long magnetic clamps on the top of them around the pods were walkways that hugged the hull with chained flimsy ladders that descended to each shuttlepod.

The five pole ran inside with Malcom in the lead followed by the MACOS and then Archer at the rear. Just as they rounded the walkway to climb down the ladder to the pods the ship shook violently and the alarm sounded. Unlike the hydra's it was a relatively silent alarm, but loud enough to be heard. Archer nodded for them to continue when a beeping stopped him.

He pulled out a small handheld silver colored device in his hand. The top prat was brass colored and he flipped it up holding it close to his face and spoke into it. "Archer here."

"Captain, another vessel just entered the system. It's Klingon." a voice said warning.

The ship shook once again as Archer made his way back to the turbolift. "Malcom, get the shuttle ready and head to the surface. I'll deal with this." he called form the lift.

Malcom nodded heading down the ladder into the shuttle followed by the MACOs. Archer entered the lift just as the ship shook again from a powerful impact. Pulling out his communicator he flipped it open. "

"Archer to bridge. I'm on my way make sure to protect the Hydra." he ordered.

"Acknowledged." a voice replied.

He pushed be top most button on the lift and it ascended to the bridge.


Hydra Engineering

Trixie's head was ringing. She slowly regained consciousness and rubbed her aching head. The sounds of the alarms were muffled from her daze and she was having trouble seeing. A blurred outline of another pony was before her and a large support beam. The pony was a vague yellowish color with red. In her daze, Trixie was unable to make out any other features on the pony.

She could hear the ponies voice calling out as the beam lifted in a emerald green aura. A changeling came in and pulled her out as the yellow figure dropped the beam behind her. After a good minute the medical team got there and were tending to Trixie, who had a monstrous gash on her head.

As the changeling tended to her wound the yellow pony loomed over them inspecting Trixie.

"How is she doc?" she asked flinging her mane back.

"She'll live, but I need to get her to the medbay, but the lift is down." the changeling said lifting her up with his green magical aura. "I'll carry her there and tend to her."

"Right I'll head to the bridge." the yellow pony said running off.

She made her way to the turbolift and pried i t open with her magic. She inspected the lift and opened the top panel climbing to the top of it. She adjusted her uniform top and climbed until she got to the bridge. Once there, she pried the doors open to find the bridge in complete disarray.

Commander Octavia was screaming at ponies as the ship shook violently as they tractored a large asteroid in front of them, pushing it somewhere. Lt. Claw was busy at his controls and Vinyl was yelling over to one of the crew ponies telling her to adjust the energy output or the tractor beam would break causing them to fly into the asteroid.

Just then Lyra poked her headset and listened intently. She looked over her station and yelled over the alarm, "Commander! New contact bearing 117 mark 002. Enterprise is on an intercept course. They say they're not friendly!"

"Gah! Can this day get any worse!" the grey mare cried smashing her arm on the chair.

Adjusting her uniform the yellow mare stepped from the turbolift shaft and walked in front of the acting commander. Octavia looked up at the new arrival with an angry glare. "Address yourself." she ordered.

The yellow mare flung her two tone red and yellow mane to the side, her cutie mark of a setting sun dawned her flank. "Lt. Sunset Shimmer reporting as ordered commander!" she said, saluting.