• Published 13th Sep 2014
  • 1,654 Views, 132 Comments

Adventures Across Space - zalla661



Trixie B. Lulamoon is now the proud Commanding Officer of a shiny new NX-20 starship. As she and her crew set off to adventure they'll learn that the universe is far more cruel and unforgiving than they imagined it could be.

  • ...
7
 132
 1,654

Battle for Earth Part 1

Trixie watched the main view screen on the bridge of her ship. A mass of some one-hundred ships amassed over Earths sun and were flying towards them and the Earth fleet. From what time they had Trixie was able to learn about the green ships and who they were. Archer claimed they were a cousin species of sorts to the Vulcans apparently a close equivalent to the Equine Thrane. Very logical and philosophical people but their cousins the Romulans were more warlike and volatile.

It was a brief talk but the information could prove invaluable later.

Enterprise provided detailed scans of the ships which wasn't much but it at least told them the ships weapons and structural outline. But the scans also confirmed their initial scans of the Romulan vessels, they were in fact on par with the Hydra. They outgunned all the human ships two to one. Unfortunately the Romulans had numbers on their side while the Hydra and humans didn't.

It was going to be an uphill battle.

But Trixie always took her challenges head on.

But she knew she'd have to find a way to stall the enemy fleet until help arrived. Archer and his crew were not able to send a distress signal out before the fleet jammed their communications. So that left only the Equis fleet and there was no guarantee they'd arrive in time. If at all. They had no way of telling if their message was received or not until they either got a response or help arrived.

It would be difficulty, but Trixie had every confidence in her crew and the ship.

She watched as the Federation ships lined up in a large diamond formation and flew a few kilometers before coming to a halt. They stood vigilant like a loyal guard to his master ready to fight and protect till the last fell. The Hydra stood by the Enterprise and her sister ship, USS Columbia. The two large saucer ships flanked the Hydra waiting for the signal the charge.

She'd sent Octavia to the hangar to help coordinate the troops and crew during the attack. It was a chance for her to get use to commanding under a battle without having to make any big decisions.

Trixie had every faith in her.

"Captain! The fleet is beginning the charge!"3rd of 5, called out. "Should we follow?"

"No," Trixie said pausing for dramatic effect. "We will lead the charge. Full speed ahead!"

"Aye!"

Suddenly the Starfleet vessels charged forward towards the enemy fleet. On Trixies order to charge the Hydra came to life hurling towards the enemy command ship, the Haymaker. Instantly mayhem took hold. Chaos and destruction befell both sides as waves of plasma and torpedoes flew past hitting ship after ship. Around the Empire/Romulan fleet the Empire ships lead the charge.

The plasma torpedoes from the Romulans flew past the Empire ships hitting the human ships dead on. Out of the fifty or so human vessels three immediately went up in flames as six to five torpedoes hit each of them. The balls of plasma tore through their primitive hull plating destroying them almost instantly.

The third was hit hard off its port, which tore the port half of the ship off sending it colliding into the ship beside it. This chain of events sent both ships flying into the lead ship, destroying all three at once.

On Starfleets side they focus fired in groups. Groups of eight ships each focused on one target launching torpedoes onto the lead vessels either heavily damaging them. This sent two ships ablaze while the rest had their shields destroyed and left them vulnerable. A second wave of torpedoes later the ships leading hadn't had time to rearrange their ranks and were torn apart from the torpedoes.

Then things got really chaotic.

When the two fleets merged together several vessels scattered while many ended up flying into one another. The Romulans managed to lose the fewest ships due to their extreme maneuverability. The Empire and Starfleet vessels weren't so lucky. Several flew into each other but the Hydra and Haymaker managed to find each other in the chaos.

On the Haymaker, Admiral Twilight cackled like a madmare at the sight of Trixie's ship. She kicked her legs out like a excited kid as it turned tail to flee.

"Kee, kee, kee... Oh look at her flee! The coward!" she squealed with glee. "After the Hydra! Don't let them escape!"

The Haymaker flew recklessly through the colliding fleets chasing after the Hydra.

Due to its massive size and engine output the larger vessel was unable to keep pace with the elusive vessel. Though the Hydra was only smaller by a fraction in comparison it had a larger engine output than the Haymaker and was lost among the fleet of vessels.

The violet unicorn growled gripping her seat leaning forward as far as she physically could. The angered look in her eyes seemed as though they could kill any who dared look at them. She scanned each vessel but quickly realized the Hydra was gone for now. She grunted smashing her hoof on the chair making the crew around her jump in fright. She turned to face the weapons pony behind her yelling, "Find the Hydra! I want the destroyed!"

The pony in question was an earth pony stallion. He was brown with white spots all over him and wore a red vest top with his rank on the left chest. He nodded to Admiral Twilight nervously before he began to scan for the Hydra's signature. Due to the mass amount of vessels, finding a signature in this was going to be a monumental task for anyone. But no one ever said, no, to Admiral Twilight. Unless they had a death wish.

To his surprise, he found the vessel in question rather quick. To quickly for his liking. It was then he realized where the signature was coming from behind them.

He quickly tried to target the now pursuing ship but not before the Hydra managed to fire a full torpedo volley at them from behind. Ten orange and red hued photons of death flew straight and true hitting their intended target, but the shields of the Haymaker minimized the damage to almost nothing.

Despite taking little to no damage, Twilight became furious. She smacked her arm against her chair several times like an angry child having a tantrum. She stood up and walked beside the weapon pony as he cowered from her advancing on him. She lit her horn and focused on the Hydra. Her aura stretched out wrapping itself around the whole ship. A bead of sweat ran down her brow as she gave in all her focus on her magic.

She then condensed it down onto the Hydra until she could feel her magic pushing through the shields. She then took control of the weapons and used her hoof to guide the targeting system onto the weak points in the shields. The Hydra was elusive but Twilight was exercising great patience as she focused on the magical weak points she made. She waited for an opening, while the pursuing ship fired on them with its disruptors hammering the shields constantly making the ship shake.

Twilight waited.

Her crew began to grow concerned with her inaction.

The Haymaker swerved out of the way of two Earth vessels that tried to attack head on. The smaller vessels split off, one flew left the other to the right, and both came about flanking the Hydra from both sides. Together the three ships fired on the Haymaker doing serious damage to the shields, still Twilight didn't fire. The weapon system pony glanced down at his station seeing the shields dwindle down from the punishment. 80%... 66%... 51%.

He was scared that the Admiral was trying to kill them all.

Suddenly she fired a torpedo which was launched from a rear launcher. With great precision the weapon homed in on the layer of magic Admiral Twilight setup on the Hydra, hitting a weak point in the ships shields. The red torpedo grinned against the shield bending it inwards for two seconds, then it broke through the energy barrier and hit the main hangar.

On the Hydra, everything shook violently and the lights flickered after the impact. The alarm sounded, signalling a structural failure in the ship.

Sunset scanned the ship for structural damage then reported, "Heavy damage to the hangar bay and a loss of ten personnel, Captain."

"Bring us about! Take cover in the fleets!"

3rd of 5, nodded obeying his captain. He turned the ship hard to starboard, and flew the ship into the mayhem of the intermingling fleets. Fortuneatley the lost the Haymaker, but flew straight into a death trap. One Starfleet vessel had lost one of its nacelles and was spiraling out of control when the Hydra came by, and clipped its side.

The small

Lt. Claw looked over the readings from the impact with a startled look. "Captain! Port shields have taken quite a beating! They're down to five percent!"

"Get us out of here! And reroute power to the shields and equalize them!" Trixie turned to Lyra. "Send a signal out to Enterprise! We need to focus on the Haymaker!"

"Aye!"

While Lyra managed the signal to Enterprise, Sunset Shimmer scanned the Haymaker. She found a magical surge coming from the bridge of the Haymaker. She scanned the reading and it match the magical signature used by unicorns. She was sure it was the cause of the Haymakers successful counter attack on them.

She stood up, using her magic to steady herself as the ship took another hit from the Haymaker, she made her way to the turbolift and entered.

"Captain, I'll be in engineering. I might have a way to disable the Haymaker."

Trixie grinned approvingly. "Great work Sunny Smiles! See to it!"

"I hate that name." Sunset grumbled as the door closed and she descended to engineering.