• Published 13th Sep 2014
  • 1,654 Views, 132 Comments

Adventures Across Space - zalla661



Trixie B. Lulamoon is now the proud Commanding Officer of a shiny new NX-20 starship. As she and her crew set off to adventure they'll learn that the universe is far more cruel and unforgiving than they imagined it could be.

  • ...
7
 132
 1,654

Jumping

On the Hydra bridge Octavia and Archer were talking via the onboard view screens when the Avenger suddenly burst into a large bouquet of flowers from both halves. The two halves of the ship then expanded to the bursting point until they both exploded into a torrent of pedals.

Suddenly after the explosion the crew on both ships were stunned when a creature appeared in a flash of light on the bridge of the Hydra along with Heiress Luna. The dark blue alicorn looked around like she was ready to run, but stopped when several security ponies surrounded her.

Octavia drew her pistol and trailed it on the larger mismatched creature who was chuckling like a kid in a candy store.

“Oh, dear oh dear that won't be necessary,” he said snapping his talon claw.

He disappeared and reappeared on the bridge of the Enterprise next to Archer.

“Captain!”

Reed jumped from his seat and drew his phase pistol and trailed it on the creature.

Archer sighed looking into the deep yellow eyes of their intruder.

“Who are you and what do you want?” He asked annoyed.

“Why I’m Discord! Master of Chaos! At your service,” Discord said, bowing in a French Maid outfit, and giggling with a blush.

Archer rolled his eyes and held up his hand, thus signaling for his crew to stand down. After a moment of hesitation Lt. Reed and the security team on the bridge of Enterprise holstered their weapons and allowed Discord to remain. Discord chuckled snapping his fingers and disappeared and reappeared in his normal form with his arm wrapped around Octavia’s neck.

“Why I just wanted to give a helping hand to the ones who saved my life!” Discord said, with a hearty cackle.

Octavia rolled her eyes again groaning and swiping the pawed arm from around her neck. Discord gave a slightly offended gasp.

“Oh! My my I think somepony has a bit of a shrew.”

“Okay, that’s enough you insane buffoon. What do you want?” Octavia snapped at Discord, feeling her temper rise with every word he said.

Discord snapped his claw again covering himself in a bright flash. Once the flash dissipated he was standing there in a Starfleet uniform. The dark blue jumpsuit completely clashed with his own mismatched form, making him look rather ridiculous. At least more so than Octavia and many others thought.

“Well, since you freed me, I would like to offer you a little token of my appreciation,” Discord said, with great emphasis on appreciation. “Now, watch as I help save you universe!”

With another snap he was gone and everyone from the two ships were left in a bewildered state. On the Hydra, Lt. Claw slapped both of his taloned claws over his head and screeched loudly.

“What the actual fu-”

Meanwhile Heiress Luna used the distraction to send a message to her sister. The message was transmitted without any hinderance due to the crews being distracted.

On the Hydra Celestia just finished killing off the last Klingon when her chestplate began to let out a low beeping. She pushed a violet gem in the center and her the sound of her younger sister whispering to her in a recorded message.

*Sister, tis I. The entity escaped and has allied with our enemies. We must flee.*

Empress Celestia growled and brought her arm to her shoulder plate and was transported to her commanded chamber on the Sol Dios. She quickly ran a series of scans for major anomalies and then sent a mass withdrawal message to all her forces. She got a proximity alert saying something was happening. Bringing up the outside monitors she saw a bright flash and Discords figure appeared beside the battle station Sol Dios. He was easily the same size as the Sol Dios and was cackling as the Empire ships circled around him firing all their weapons at him.

Discord laughed at the vessels snapping his fingers. A few of the ships seemed to spontaneously explode around him. When the dust cleared he kept snapping his clawed hand but nothing happened.

“Oh, tish tosh. Way to ruin my fun,” He pouted crossing his arms. “Oh, well. If at first you don’t succeed try another approach.”

Discord cackled maniacally and grabbed a Romulan Valdore ship from the future in his eagle claw as it made a pass at him. As the Empire and Romulan ships tried to circle around him Discord got a sneer and glint in his eye. Discord focused a tremendous amount of his power into the Romulan ship, making it glow a bright white. Then with a mighty throw he threw the Romulan ship like a boomerang sending it through the Empire and Romulan vessels.

The Valdore class ship tore through its allies like they were wet tissue paper splitting them into pieces as it circled around hitting every ship in its path. Once the boomerang ship circled completely around Discord once it stopped suddenly, and for a two second count nothing happened. Discord grinned. He then snapped his eagle claw and all around them the ships exploded in succession to who got hit first thus creating a wave of explosions all around him like a ring of fire.

The Empress hissed and cursed her sister for her stupidity. A scan showed they lost over half their ships from Discords attack alone. She then opened a communication to the Lunas Revenge and got Vice Admiral Derpy. The wall eyed pegasus was struggling to keep her balance as her ship was hit by enemy fire.

“Now that’s what I call a show!”

“My Empres! The fleet is evacuating and we’ve just activated our EDM shields,” The vice Admiral said in a panic.

“Get the fleet out of here. I’ll handle the enemy ships.”

Empress Celestia shut off the view screen and looked out at Discord.

“Damn you Luna…”

Empress Celestia powered up the Sol Dios and used the power from the core to power up the remaining weapons ports. Using them she locked onto her fleet ships. In the core the Hydra, Enterprise, and Columbia were unloading everything they had into the core.

The Hydra exhausted their photon torpedoes, Enterprise and Columbia soon exhausted theirs as well. The last few days of prolonged battles forced them to continue fighting without any possible time to resupply. Moments after the Klingon vessels began to pull out from the core as it powered up and powerful dedication anomalies began to form around the core.

“Commander, we are reading heavy temporal anomalies!” Sunset said to Commander Octavia.

“What? Any idea why this is happening?”

Esgin Scratch ran a series of scans she was able to come up with a theory.

“Commander, I’m reading heavy chronometric particle buildup in the core as well as heavy gravimetric distortions,” Esgin Scratch said. “I think they’re getting ready to time jump.”

“Then we have no choice. Set an escape course 3rd of 5!” octavia commanded.

3rd of 5 nodded and gunned the throttle. The Hydra circled around the core heading for the nearest weapon port. The Enterprise and Columbia were close behind. As the three ships flew along the corridor a badly damaged Luna's Revenge came from behind chasing them.

Its canons fired powerful beams of green disruptor energy striking the fleeing vessels from behind. The Enterprise and Columbia lowered their speed to fall behind the Hydra and protect them from the rear. The Luna's Revenge fired a volley of two torpedoes striking Enterprise with both. Their hull plating took the full force of them but did not falter.

The Enterprise and Columbia returned fire with both phase cannons and torpedoes. The narrow passage made it nearly impossible to evade for the larger ship. With no room to maneuver the Luna's Revenge was forced to divert all power to the forward shields while chasing the fleeing vessels.

Though the Hydra was making good time on its exit, Octavia wasn’t liking having to flee from an enemy without putting up a fight.

“Ugh, Claw can we get weapons back online?” She asked the griffin.

“No Commander. Disruptor banks are dry and we have exhausted our compliment of photon torpedoes,” He said to her.

“Damn it... “ Octavia cursed under her breath.

As the words left her mouth the turbolift doors opened and trixie came crawling out with Pinkie Pie behind her. The two ponies were very battered looking. Their uniforms were torn and dirty looking.

Pinkie had a big smile on her face but Trixie looked tired and drained. The unicorn in question stumbled out of the lift and lazily waddled over to her command chair where Octavia hastily ejected herself from.

“Captain, good to see you back.”

“Ugh, don’t patronize me Commander,” Trixie grumbled sitting in her chair. “What’s our status?”

Octavia took a seat beside her and gave her the status report.

“All weapons are down. No power, and no torpedoes left in stock. We also have a rupture on deck 3 and 4 and we’re trying to escape the Sol Dios before it time jumps.”

“Great. How long until we reach the weapon port entrance?”

“About a minute Captain,” Sunset chimed in.

“Ugh, what about Enterprise and Columbia?”

Octavia looked back to Claw who was watching his monitors. A quick scan revealed that the two ships in question had taken extensive damage from the Luna's Revenge.

“They’re not doing well. They’ve taken heavy damage,” Claw reported.

“Is there anything we can do?” Trixie asked.

“We could use our new sonic weapon we made to disrupt the enemy ship,” Vinyl spoke up from the rear of the bridge near her station.

Trixie and Octavia turned to face the white mare. Vinyl bobbed her head up and down slightly as she sat waiting for a response.

“What risk is there to the ship, Esgin?” Trixie asked.

“None, Captain,” Vinyl replied. “The problem is the sonic weapon will affect our allies as well.”

Octavia looked down at her tactical pad in her chair. The tiny digital holo-monitor displayed data in a 3D image of the hydra relative to the other ships around them. It showed Columbia and Enterprise engaged in a firefight with the Luna’s Revenge. A quick scan showed they were in terrible condition.

Captain, the Enterprise was taking heavy damage, their hull plating is failing, as well as life support,” Octavia said showing her scans to Trixie. “The Columbia is switching positions with the Enterprise to take the rear, but they won’t last long.”

Trixie thought for a moment leaning into her arms and resting her elbows on her legs. The crew waited and watched as she mulled over the possibilities in her head. One thing Octavia knew Trixie was good at was weighing her options mentally. Though she didn’t agree with most of Trixie’s choices since they left drydock, she couldn’t have come up with anything better herself. She knew it too. Trixie was one to take action where Octavia knew she would have hesitated. The initial contact with the Romulans and the core rupture they had at the Genesis 12 Colony was proof of that.

Trixie was always certain of her actions. Even when they fail she believes in her mind that whatever she does is the best possible choice for the safety of the crew. It was at this moment when she weighed the responsibilities of the crew versus even greater odds.

Standing up she looked back at Vinyl who was looking at her with an expectant look. Though she wore a visor to see Trixie knew the look she had on was a determined one. With a nod Trixie ordered the sonic weapon to be brought online. Then she walked behind 3rd of 5 and leaned over the changelings shoulders.

“3rd of 5, when I give the signal I need you to stop the ship and wait for the enemy ship to fly over us.”

“C-captain?”

The changeling looked nervously back at his CO.

“Wh-what if they stop as well?” Octavia asked.

Trixie glared back at Octavia making the grey mare shiver before catching her mistake.

“S-sorry. I mean, ‘what if they stop as well, Captain?’” She corrected herself.

“3rd of 5, stand by on my order,” Trixie got a nod from the changeling and turned to look back at Vinyl. “Ensign Scratch, what’s the range of the sonic weapon?”

“About ten-thousand kilometers.”

Trixie nodded looking down at the floor panels. Furrowing her brow she looked to 3rd of 5 and reached for his controls slowing the ship to ¼ impulse. A proximity alert notified 3rd of 5 that the other three ships were closing in. Seconds later the Enterprise and Columbia narrowly dodged the Hydra after its sudden deceleration. The sudden change forced them to split and go around the Equestrian Battleship.

Trixie made a mental countdown as she read the monitor. 10 thousand. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5.

“3rd of 5 emergency stop!” Trixie ordered. “All hands brace for emergency deceleration!”

As the crew braced for the sudden change in speed, the Hydra came to a sudden stop. The minor damaged intera dampeners made it hard for the crew not to suffer from the change in speed, but they managed. The Luna’s Revenge sped past the Hydra creating a great distance between them and the Hydra before slowing to turn and face them.

Within seconds the Luna’s revenge was turned and facing the Hydra face to face. Lyra got a message from the enemy vessel and put it up on the screen showing the Vice Admiral Derpy grinning at Trixie.

“So, Captain, decided to save us the trouble and turn yourself over to us?” Vice Admiral Derpy gloated with a cackle.

Trixie chuckled in response making the wall eyed pegasus glare at her.

“What’s so funny? I’m the one who has you on the ropes! What’s so damn funny?”

Trixie looked up at Vice Admiral Derpy with a big smug grin.

“You know Vice Admiral, I was just thinking back to my academy days. They said i was very… over confident in my abilities” Trixie reminisced tying a message on her chair and sent it to Vinyl.

(Stand by sonic weapon.)

While Trixie went on about her time at the academy and the trouble she use to get into, Vinyl and Sunset worked at their station drawing as much power as they could to the new sonic cannon. Once they were done moments later they sent a message to Trixie’s command chair signaling they were ready.

“-and that’s why I can no longer go into the academy mess on Thursdays,” Trixie finished quickly.

Vice Admiral looked like she was about to burst in anger. Her eyes shot into perfect alignment as a vein throbbed in her forehead, as she gritted her teeth together, trying her best to bore a hole in Trixie’s head.

“Captain, I am going to wreck your pathetic ship-” Trixie nodded to Vinyl. “-and then I’m going to take your ship and crew back to our glorious Empress and send you to her to do with whatever she pleases. Then I’m going to-” DET DET DET! “What was that?!”

The Pegasus glared back at a pony behind her. A shaken voice spoke up, “A power surge in the Hydra Vice Admiral!”

The Vice Admiral's eyes went back to normal at the news. Slowly she turned back at the view screen looking at Trixie who waved to her as the screen went to the view of the Hydra.

“Admiral! They're accelerating towards us!” A crew pony yelled as the alarms blared.

“HARD TO PORT!!!” Derpy yelled at her helm.

The Luna’s Revenge poured all its power into its lateral thrusters moving the ship out of the Hydra’s way allowing them to pass. Before they were completely past the Hydra emitted a powerful Sonic Pulse that shot outward from the ship and hit the Luna’s Revenge disabling it completely.
“Captain it worked!” Claw cheered. “They are completely disabled! We’re lear!”

Good work everyone. 3rd of 5 get us out of here-”

“Captain the Enterprise was hit by our sonic pulse!” Sunset relayed from Vinyls station. “The Columbia is out of the port but we’ll have to take enterprise with us!”

Trixie smacked her hoof on the chair.

“Dagh! Activate the tractor beam, Lt. Claw,” She ordered to the griffin. “We’ll pull them along with us.”

Sunset shook her head looking at her station monitor.

“It won’t work Captain. With Enterprise in a tractor beam we won’t make it out of the weapon port in time before they jump. I estimate it’ll take over thirty seconds to get clear before they jump, but we only have… 20 seconds!” Sunset said after a brief pause to allow the time to match.

“Damn it. Lyra send a message to Equis Command. Tell them we’re making a blind jump.”

T”WAHT!?! AGAIN!?!”


Octavia looked bewildered at her Captain. It was the same look she gave her when they made the same kind of maneuver back when they first encountered the Romulans and Jansis 12.

“YOU’RE INSANE! We could end up literally anywhere in the galaxy if we did that!” Octavia yelled at Trixie.

“Not to mention the enterprise-”

“3rd of 5!!”

Trixie’s booming voice echoed over the bridge making everyone look back at her with looks of shock and fear. Vinyl ducked under her station worried she’d be shot at again, while Lyra finished her message to EFC. Trixie leaned forward with a hard look at the changeling.

“3rd of 5. Prepare the horizon drive,” The changeling nodded and Trixie activated internal comms. “Bridge to engineering.”

*Engineering to bridge, Captain what’s going on up there? We just lost a lot of power-*

“No time Lt. Commander Pie. We’re preparing to do a jump. I need all the power you can must to the horizon drive take it from life support if you have to.”

*Okay, I anticipated this would happen. The drive is ready for use Captian.* The once cheery voice said glumly.

Trixie deactivated the comms as the Hydra swept over the Enterprise and activated their tractor beam towing the human ship just behind them. All around the power relays of the Sol Dios powered up preparing to transfer all its energy to the core for its massive jump. Inside the port the Hydra sped down as all reality around them distorted.

On the Bridge Trixie was awaiting the final count to when the Sol Dios would jump.

“Time to jump?”

“Five seconds Captain!” Sunset said.

Trixie took a deep breath and took Octavia’s hoof in hers and pulled the mare from her seat and onto her lap. Octavia blushed feeling exposed as Trixie kissed her in front of the entire crew. A moment after they kissed they broke apart and Trixie braced herself with Octavia in her arms.

“3rd of 5 activate horizon drive!”

*4*

“Aye!”

Complying with his order 3rd of 5 activated the horizon drive and created a swirling vortex of energy that tore the very fabric of scape around it. The formation of the black hole was complete and the hydra sped towards it with Enterprise right behind it in the tractor beam.

*3*

All around them the Sol Dios glowed bright red as the relays transferred energy to the core.

*2*

“Trixie. I love you and i’m sorry I yelled at you so much,” Octavia said in a low tone.

*1*

Trixie smiled back at Octavia leaning into her cheek with her muzzle. The grey earth pony was in tears holding onto her tightly kissing Trixie’s cheek repeatedly.

“Trixie loves you too.”

*0*

When the relays reached their zenith in power flow they became so heated they were bright white. The heat they emitted was greater than earth's sun, yet they didn’t melt or deform in any manner. The Hydra screeched past and pierced the event horizon and disappeared into the dark vortex as it collapsed in on itself.

Moments later the Sol Dios and all the remaining Empire ships disappeared in their temporal vortexes and left Starfleet and her allies wondering what happened. Discord remained floating in space, after returning to his normal size, and was filing his claw when the Sol Dios disappeared.

“Well, that was fun. Guess I better get old King Cole and Trixie back home,” He mused looking over his filed claw. “But before that, I feel I owe it to Trixie from this reality. She was indirectly responsible for my escape and saving Cole. Guess I can give some minor assistance.”

He snapped his claw. Sensing his magic at work he smiled giddily and bounced in place before “standing” up.

“Well, that should do it. Good luck Lulamoon!” he said laughing as he dissolved into nothing, leaving no trace of himself behind.