• Published 13th Sep 2014
  • 1,654 Views, 132 Comments

Adventures Across Space - zalla661



Trixie B. Lulamoon is now the proud Commanding Officer of a shiny new NX-20 starship. As she and her crew set off to adventure they'll learn that the universe is far more cruel and unforgiving than they imagined it could be.

  • ...
7
 132
 1,654

Preperation

Trixie stared at Lyra with a happy relieved look. Finally some good news. She waved her hoof at her mint green friend signaling her to open a communication line with them. Moments later the viewscreen was active with a very disgruntled Archer on it.

"Captain Lulamoon."

"Captain Archer." Trixie replied in a bored tone. "So, what brings you here?"

Archer gave the mare an unamsued stare. Letting out a heavy sigh he shrugged his shoulders shaking his head. Trixie chuckled covering her mouth.

"It would seem we have a misunderstanding. We need to end this fight as soon as possible." he said in an irritated tone.

This made Trixie frown. "I couldn't agree more. I need access to you communication HUB."

"What for?"

"Ours is damaged beyond repair. It'll be fast if we send a subspace message to you and have your ship amplify it so we can contact our home world."

'Captain!"

All eyes turned to Octavia who had a worrisome look on her face. "Could I speak to you in private for a moment? Before, we send the message?"

Trixie nodded. "Captain Archer, we'll setup the link to you I'll be back in a minute."

"Of course."

The two officer ponies retreated to Trixie's private room to the left side of the bridge where Octavia spun around the second the door closed behind them.

"What are you thinking?"

The unicorn furrowed her brow. "I'm thinking about a lot of things now, be more specific."

"Telling them where our homeworld is? Are you insane? What if they retaliate?! You saw what that human Praxton did to his own kind! What if he gets hold of some super weapon and attacks home?"

Trixie smacked her head with her hoof, dragging it down her muzzle. "Do you think I didn't think about that? We have no choice."

Octavia was about to object, but Trixie held a hoof up silencing her.

"First off, we're in bad shape and if the fleet is here we need to signal EQSC and tell them the humans are our allies and work out negotiations."

Octavia stood in place with a slack jaw expression. Trixie took her silence as her queue to continue.

"On top of that, the ship is too heavily damaged and we'd never make it back on our own." Trixie turned to face the door behind her. "Besides, something isn't right. Twilight is MIA and so is the Haymaker. And I know her. She not like this."

"You knew her?" Octavia asked tilting her head. "I remember you two talking like you knew each other, but how do you know her?"

'I knew her back at the Academy. She's a smart, driven individual. That pony wasn't her. It was a poser or an impostor." She turned towards the door using her magic to activate the open switch making the door slide to the side. "I will find out the meaning behind this madness and then put an end to it."

She exited the room and reentered the bridge where Archer was still standing silently waiting on the viewscreen. As Trixie approached her chair she gave a nod to Lyra who unmuted the sound allowing Trixie to speak to Archer.

"Sorry about that Captain." she said taking her seat, Octavia by her side. "My first officer wanted to voice her concerns to me about trusting you with such... sensitive information."

'I understand. We're ready to receive the signal and send it to your homeworld." he paused before adding, "And I promise, your people won't suffer for this attack. Earth won't retaliate for this."

"Thank you, Captain Archer." Trixie said bowing to him, he nodded in response.

Octavia, unwillingly, turned to face Lyra. "Lyra, send the signal. Message Priority A23. Military assets required."

"Yes, Commander!" she replied with a salute.

Lyra frowned as she readied the message. She knew Priority A23 was a call to arms for an invading fleet. It was suppose to be used for defending the homeworld, but in this case it was a cry for help. Once the message was ready, she turned to her commanding officers before sending it. It was proper protocol to always gain permission to send any transmission before hand, even if told to do so.

"Message ready, Commander."

"Excellent. Send it to Enterprise and have them send it." Trixie quickly said clapping her hooves together.

Octavia however, seemed unsettled and Trixie noticed. Archer looked to his side nodding to someone off screen. "The message has been sent. It could be a while before we get any response."

The blue unicorn shook her head. "Never mind that, once our home receives the message it'll be a short time before help arrives. We'll have to buy some time, however."

Trixie bent over laying her chin on her arm rest. She sighed looking very bored, but Octavia and Lyra both knew she only did that if she was truly upset or worried about something. She suddenly sat upright when Lyra said, "Message has been sent Captain."

"Great now we stall. Contact Enterprise tell them we'll support them against any threats. And tell Archer to get our people back."

"Aye."

A few minutes later, Enterprise had transported all of the Hydra's personnel back and most of their ships. Spitfire reported to the debriefing room shortly after arriving. She sat across from Trixie in the rectangular room, Octavia commanded the bridge in her absence. Eager to hear of her victory Trixie leaned over the table with an excited look asking, "So, what happened Spitfire?"

The armored pegasus grinned leaning back in her seat with a cocky look. "We had those humans on the run! It was truly epic! Songs will be sung of this day for generations to come!"

"Well, maybe not yet Major. We still have a lot of ground to cover." Trixie said in a serious tone. "Seems the homeworld wants to invade and conquer the humans."

"What?!" Spitfire yelled nearly jumping from her seat. "Invasion? Why?"

"I don't know," Trixie said with a shrug. "All I know is we need to find out what's going on and find a way to prevent this situation from escalating."

"Why don't we just contact Equis Command?" Spitfire asked.

"We sent a message but we had to piggyback it on the Human ship using a subspace transceiver. But we won't get backup or a response for sometime. But that's not what worries me."

The Major cocked her head in wonder.

"It's what Admiral Sparkle said about the Equis Empire. I think she might be suffering some sort of trauma." Trixie said.

"Trauma? You mean you think she's delusional?" the pegasus asked.

"No, I think she might be an impostor."

"Changeling?"

"It's possible. But I need to know for sure. In the meantime we will be monitoring the ships and respond accordingly." Trixie stood and walked behind the mare. "I need you to have all the commandos ready at a moments notice. Armed and ready 24/7. Understood? Until this is over we will act as though we're at war."

"Aye, Captian." Spitfire saluted leaving the room.

She used her wing to open the door, by pressing the open switch. She stopped in the doorway for a moment before calling to Trixie, "Hey, you doing alright, hon?"

"Yeah," the unicorn sighed. "It's been stressful. I need-"

"Bridge to Trixie!" the sound of Octavia's voice echoed over the speakers.

Trixie immediately jumped from her seat and ran to the internal comm. turning it on with her magic before she even got there. "This is Trixie, bridge what's going on?"

*Haymaker*

Admiral Twilight sat in her chair tapping her hoof at her chin. She was waiting for something. As she sat there she pondered what to do next against the humans. The Empress was expecting results and this was taking longer than expected.

"Their ships are more numerous than we anticipated. But weaker." she whispered under her breath.

Admiral Twilight was in a bad mood. News of her earlier defeat ran through the ship and the rest of her fleet. Now, her command was in jeopardy with her first officer gunning for her.

"Admiral."

Speaking of the devil. Beside her was Captain Derpy Hooves. The grey pegasus was a warrior at heart and vicious when dealing with her enemies and just as merciless with those under her command. She was also the violet unicorns second in command. He long blonde mane shined like a well polished hull and her one lazy eye was complimented by her right eye-patch that covered over a massive scar that ran across her face.

She wore a black uniform like Twilight's with a knife sheathed boot and a golden tiara with a red and yellow sun at the top. She had a silly grin as she greeted her superior officer. Twilight hated that look.

"What is it, Captain?" Venom clearly laced in her voice.

"We just received a communique from Lunas Revenge, the Hydra isn't ours. It this realities. Ours is still missing." Derpy said, flinging her mane to the side with her hoof in a snooty manner.

Twilight looked over the mare incredulously. "Are you absolutely sure?"

"I'm sure." Derpy replied sarcastically. "What do you think I was born yesterday?"

The tone of her voice made Twilight growl. "We're you anypony else I'd show you to the airlock. Get back to your ship and signal the fleet to prepare for the attack!"

"Yes, Admiral!" Derpy saluted and flew off.

Twilight sighed smashing her hoof against her chair arm. A pony mare to her left with a large headset turned to face her, hearing her slam her hoof down. She was a yellow pegasus mare with a long pink mare and tail. She wore a bright pink uniform in contrast to everyone else dark black uniforms.

She had a very timid expression and looked fearfully around her as another pony approached her station. The pony in question jumped slightly when a hoof tapped her shoulder. She let out a loud squeak covering herself from the pony. Twilight shook her head at the miserable sight. A mare in the Empire needed to be strong and brave. Fearless even.

That mare, Fluttershy was a coward in the worst possible way. And she was stuck on her ship.

Before long one of the other officers received a signal from the Lunas Revenge.

Twilight nodded not bothering to look at the pony. "Good, good. Signal the fleet! Tell them to engage all earth vessels!"

The officer pony hesitated, looking back at his purple officer. "But, ma'am, the Hydra is there with them."

"Irreverent. Trixie has sided with them against us. We'll show her what happens to traitors." the mare said in a bored tone inspecting her booted hoof.

"Aye."

Moments later the signal was sent a mass of ships emerged from the back of the Sol Star. Admiral Twilight grinned. She knew they had both superior numbers and tech against the humans. It was only a matter of time before they fell.

She pulled up a tactical display showing the system like a green and red grid. The green was where her ships were and the red was either neutral or enemy ships were present. She was sure she'd have the system by the end of the next Sol Cycle. It was a Commanders duty to the Empire to be fierce and deadly. Victory was all that mattered now. Otherwise the Empress would be displeased.

Twilight cringed at an old memory of her mentor becoming angry. It sent a chill down her spine making her shiver.

And nopony liked it when she was displeased. It usually meant they'd die.

From outside the ISS Haymaker there was a cloud of ships emerging over the sun. No doubt the humans were in full panic now at the sight of over two-hundred ships both Equine AND others. Several green vessels flew side by side with the Equine ships. Their figures familiar to most in this quadrant, the human had very little contact with them and each encounter was more fierce than the last.

Romulans.

The two fleets merged into one leading a charge towards Earth, who only had forty ships at their disposal. Admiral Twilight cackled in her seat spinning in it like a madmare exclaiming, "It's a good day to die!"

she paused dramatically staring at the screen with a view of Earth. "A good day to die if you're a human." she finished with a sneer.

Author's Note:

So we're back! And now everything is getting real!