• Published 13th Sep 2014
  • 1,654 Views, 132 Comments

Adventures Across Space - zalla661



Trixie B. Lulamoon is now the proud Commanding Officer of a shiny new NX-20 starship. As she and her crew set off to adventure they'll learn that the universe is far more cruel and unforgiving than they imagined it could be.

  • ...
7
 132
 1,654

Battle of Wits and Brawn

*Mars Strike Force*

Scope gripped the thruster bars at the head of the fighter he was in as Pansy piloted it down to the red surface of Mars. Pansy grinned knowing she would be in the heat of battle soon. The look on the mares face would have scared Scope, had he been able to take his eyes off the console in front of him.

The unicorn mare laughed as the squadron spread apart as a beam from the Verteron Array shot past them. Several ships spun around the beam like a ball down a spiral slide, never touching it. Scope gripped his eyes shut not daring to look out the cockpit.

Pansy cackled as she brought her fighter around a large mountain formation as she ships dampeners kicked in during entry. She scanned the surface of Mars, picking up large structures giving off readings of immense energy. The Verteron array appeared moments later. The pilots flew low and blanketed the entire area around the array dispenser dishes wiping them clear off the map. This left a huge gap in the Verteron arrays firing area where it couldn't reach any ships anymore.

The strike force cheered at their victory as they landed by the main building.

The was simple in design, like a saucer but very geometrical with flat faces. It had a long metal claw that extended out towards ti main array uplink which gave it complete control over the entire array on Mars. The strike force left it intact knowing they might need it to fight off the Klingons.

That being the case time was of the essence. Quickly landing their crafts the strike force of ponies in armor bailed out of their craft with expert precision as did the humans from the shuttle. Thirty ponies and five humans. The atmosphere was enough to keep life sustainable but the air was extremely thin on the planet. The humans had masks on to ease their breathing and the ponies had helmets on with vital suits built into their armor with the exception of Private Scope. The young stallion had to were a breather tank since his armor was too old and was missing the air recycle like the rest of his team.

The ponies moved into small groups of five, their rifle in hoof. They immediately charged silently without a word as the humans got their bearings following close behind them. Reed took point followed close by the ponies and his team in the rear. Scope stood beside Reed with Pansy behind him. They piled up at the main entrance to the station. Reed pulled out his datapad and hacked the system opening the large door which rolled to the side like a wheel.

Inside was a single human armed with a rifle, Scope picked up his rifle without thinking and fired a stun bolt hitting the human in the shoulder knocking him out. The encounter last only five seconds before the two teams piled in sealing the door behind them. On the way in Scope had his leg too far out an done of the mares tripped over him falling making all the members look at them. Reed helped the fallen pony up.

"Are you, OK?"

"I'm fine," She said haughty gripping the stallion. "You idiot watch what you're doing-"

She spun around as Pansy pushed her shoulder, making her land into the bulkhead and pinned her against it. The mares glared at each other in a stare down. Just then a beeping alerted them to the presence of another lifeform, human. Reed and several of the ponies saw the blip on their close range scanners and prepared an ambush.

The group took point in the narrow hall, which was standing only six feet high. They stood at the corner of the hall which was at a four way intersection with the blip coming from their right. As the blip came closer Reed and his team took the front and readied themselves to attack. When the beeping from their scanner was at it peek they jumped out the weapons up and ready to fire.

What they saw seemed to surprise them. A blonde haired human unarmed, raised his arms defensively gasping at the sudden appearance of other humans. He then saw the armored ponies and pointed at them trying to form words but got nothing out.

"Commander, glad to see you're alright," Reed greeted the human.

"Same to you, Malcom," he then pointed to the armored ponies. "Friends of yours?"

Lt. Reed looked back at them nodding. "Yeah they're helping us but right now we need to get out of here."

"No we need to take control of the array," The human named Tucker declared. "Praxton is going to use it to destroy Starfleet Headquarters and will probably take half off San Francisco with it."

Just then one of the ponies started talking into a small communicator. Putting it away the pony walked up to the lead pony a mare with yellow fur and and Orange mane.

"Major Spitfire, the Hydra's under attack by a hostile alien craft."

"What kind of ship?" the Major asked.

"Not one I'm familiar with. The Commander said the humans knew them. Something called Klingons."

All the ponies looked up at the humans and seeing the shocked looks on their faces said it all.

"We have to get to the main array now!" Tucker said rushing past with Reed and the MACOs behind.

The group of humans and ponies marched without fault through the maze of paths in the mobile station. They met almost no resistance. Tucker reported they there was only about five or six guards including Praxton himself. Seven or so in total. With this in mind the assault team of some thirty strong marched down the halls.

One guard stood alone but was quickly subdued by one of the MARES Commandos. It was the same unicorn mare that always called Scope 'beef stick'. She grinned nodding to her team as they gave a quick cheer for her. In her display of bravado she didn't realize she left herself exposed as another human rounded the end of the hall she was in.

Just then a blue bolt shot through the mares expose shoulder making her cry in pain as she fell.

Without thinking Scope rounded a corner where another human stood with a rifle in his hands. Bringing his own rifle up, Scope shot a red bolt into the humans head stunning him. The human fell, his rifle made a dull thud noise, as he fell to the floor.

Scope quickly dragged the downed mare behind cover, as he used his magic to hold his rifle up. Several other MAREs rounded the corner with Lt. Malcom Reed and his team while Scope tended to his downed teammate. He pulled off her armor to see her wound bleeding badly. Quickly he put as much pressure on it to keep the wound from bleeding any more.

The mare did her best to relax but felt tense due to the burning pain in her shoulder. But she managed to crack a smile at the stallion as he looked down at her.

"Thanks 'beef stick'," She smiled weakly at him, earning a smile from her.

Pansy stayed close by. She watched around as two other commandos stood by making sure no one snuck up on them. She smiled as the young stallion tended to the mare without any trouble before they joined up with the others. Both teams, pony and human, stood at the threshold of the main control room where Praxton and his men stood ready to defend their views of human supremacy.

Reed took point turning to face is newly acquainted allies. "OK, we need to be careful. There's no telling what is beyond this door."

Everyone nodded prepared to face whatever was beyond the door.

*Hydra Bridge*

Octavia was very nervous now. The Enterprise was dead in open space and any second the Verteron Array could come to life and destroy them and the Klingons. As the Hydra darted across space the Klingon vessel came to a halt over the Enterprise. Moments later it turned to face the Hydra flying head on at it. Octavia turned in her chair to face their science officer.

"Lt. Sunny Smiles! Are you ready?"

"Yes, Commander!" The yellow mare turned to face her CO. "And the name's Sunset Shimmer ma'am. Sunny Smiles is a nickname."

Octavia cringed. She hated getting names wrong, but under all this pressure she'd forgotten that Sunset was the mares real name. "Sorry, Make sure the info is ready for Claw."

"Aye ma'am."

Sunset then returned to her monitors reading the digital readouts. She scanned the enemy ship and the readings came up the same as before. She sent the info and numbers of the ships shield readouts to Claws station who deciphered it as the following. 'Shoot front bad, shot back good.'

Octavia turned to face the viewer as the Klingon ship passed overhead shooting the Hydra with lime green bolts from its disruptors. The ship shook as red bolts returned hitting their target. The bird of preys shields absorbed the red energy bolts as it banked left. The bird of prey circled around an asteroid disappearing from sight.

Sunset lost the signal from the digital readouts. She used a short range scanner but found nothing but the asteroid where the ship disappeared.

"Commander, I lost the ship behind that asteroid!"

Octavia turned looking rather irritated. "What do you mean you lost it?! How do you lose a ship?!"

"I think they're using the asteroid ass cover. I can't detect them while they're there." she then returned to scan again but the readings came back negative.

Octavia watched the monitor with it's tactical readout. Nothing was there but at the same time they couldn't turn away for fear of attack. So it was Octavia racked her brain for a way to defuse the situation. She sent most of her commandos to the surface but now there was no way to contact them until they captured the array. Or if they even can. Octavia thought.

"Surface contact! Energy blast incoming!"

Suddenly there was a blast from the array hitting the asteroid the Klingon vessel hid behind. The array split the asteroid in half and sent the ship itself in full retreat. The bird of prey turned hard about before it vanished into oblivion as it warped away. Octavia sighed in relief as vessel disappeared from view. she took a moment to finally relax settling down in her chair.

But it was not to last.

A moment later Lyra looked over from her station to her Commander. "Commander! The Enterprise is still requesting assistance! They were boarded!"

"Good lord! Why?!" Octavia bellowed.

The grey pony turned to face the mint green mare. "What is going on over there?"

"They have Klingons in their upper decks. They need our help." Lyra replied holding the comm unit to her head.

Octavia looked really irritated now. She needed a moment to relax but now she was forced into the fray yet again. She moved up to the weapons station where Claw worked his controls.

"Do we have any disruptors online?"

"Most are still online ma'am," Claw said with a salute.

Suddenly the alarms blared as the ship shook. Octavia looked around just as Sunset turned to face her. "Three ships approaching!"

The ship shook again as several consoles burst into flames and sparks. The shaking sent Octavia back into her seat. She gripped the chair as the ship shook again.

"Who is it? Who's attacking us?!" Octavia barked angrily.

"Three Earth vessels."

From deeper in the system three earth vessels appeared from warp surrounding the Hydra. Each fired a bean of concentrated orange energy at the saber shaped ship. They swarmed the Hydra like flies to rotten meat. Their energy weapons hitting the larger ship from all sides. The Hydra shook violently sending the crew flying about.

Claw looked at his console and was distressed by what he saw. "Shields have failed Commander! They're targeting our weapon nodes!"

"Return fire! Disable only!" Octavia commanded.

The Hydra came to life as it circled around trying to dodge the earth vessels fire, but failed catastrophically. But luck would have it the ships were taking heavy damage from the Hydra, but they were in far worse shape having survived three encounters thus far without repairs.

"We have no choice retreat!"

"But ma'am the strike team isn't aboard!" Claw rebutted.

"I'm sure they'll be fine! We can come back later to get them once things settle down," Octavia looked at the view screen. "I think the humans will treat them well."

Suddenly the ships lights blacked out and the ship alarms continued to blare. Claw worked at the consoles firing all he could a the Earth vessels. But with their shields down they were vulnerable. Although the Hydra boasted well designed heavy armor it was still not able to stand the constant bombardment of three vessels.

The power to the lights out, the emergency power lights kicked on. The ship shook again as the red lights flickered again threatening to go out. 3rd of 5 clicked his wings as he ran his hooves across his panel bringing the engines to life.

"Get us out of here! Activate the H-Drive!"

The Hydra lit up its necceles as the Earth ships charged after it firing their orange beams at the ships rear as it opened a dark vortex and vanished.

*Enterprise Bridge*

Archer was furious.

He paced back and forth in his personal quarters. After he heard of the attack on his recently formed allies he voiced his frustration to his superiors. Once his team returned he took them to the debriefing where he learned of the ponies assistance in taking out the rouge group known as Terra Prime.

As he paced his pet beagle laid on his side as his master continued his furious line walk on the bulkhead. He was awaiting a transmission from his superiors to hear about what they were going to do with their new captives. He refused to allow them to be held prisoner due to this misunderstanding.

So, in his typical manner as man y have come to expect of him he extended his generosity by allowing the pony strike force to stay on his ship until they found the Hydra. Once the doctor gave the, OK that they didn't carry any contagious pathogens or anything unknown the ponies were allowed to roam the ship freely so long as they didn't cause trouble.

He was just about to go to the bridge when a beeping from the ships internal communicator. He walked over to the edge of his door where the communicator was located pressing a small black button as he cleared his throat. "Archer here."

"Captain, please report to the brig." came the voice of Malcolm Reed.

"I'm on my way." Archer replied leaving his quarters.

When he arrived minutes later at the brig he saw Reed standing in front of the brig entrance. The man was standing alone with his arms crossed over his chest with a distressed look. Archer could tell this wasn't going to be good. He knew the look Reed had.

"What happened, Malcolm?" Archer asked him.

"There was a brawl, sir." he said entering the brig with Archer close behind.

Inside were three separate cells in a row. To the far left was a set of two ponies one was a unicorn stallion white with his spiky red mane slicked back laying on a larger cream colored unicorn mare in her deep royal blue armor. She had his head in her lap as she pet his mane. The stallion had a black eye and a large cut across his muzzle.

Archer took note of his condition and looked to the other cells where three other mares were being held and in the final chamber was Commander tucker. The mares were all unicorns all wearing identical armor said for their colors. Each was badly bruised and beat looking, Commander Tucker was in no better condition.

Archer gave a weary sigh as he looked them over. All eyes turned to face him except for the stallion who looked like he was asleep.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Well sir, it seems these three," he gestured to the three mares together. "Were antagonizing the little one there."

He pointed to the wounded stallion.

"Apparently these three didn't like him helping during the rescue. They ganged up on him and beat him senseless. Commander Tucker was around at the time and tried to help him. They didn't take well to that." Malcolm said. He leaned closer to his Captain. "I saw them use some sort of telekinesis sir. We had to stun them just to detain them."

Archer looked at the stallion and mare in the room. "What about them?"

"They didn't resist when we moved in sir. The lady, er... mare sir only requested she be with him." he gestured to the stallion again. "I guess they're attached?"

"Attached? Isn't that against regulations?"

The smaller human shrugged. "Well sir, there's no rule saying all alien species follow the same rules we do."

Archer gave a light chuckle as he turned to see all the 'captives'. "Make sure Tucker is back on duty soon, we have a lot of damage to repair and we need him."

"Aye sir." Malcolm said as he watched his captain leave following close behind, cracking a smile.

Author's Note:

And this story lives again!

I apologies for the long delay everyone! But life was making it hard for me to do this particular fic. It requires me to be up to date with the show Enterprise and to be honest, I kept forgetting about it. Sorry!

But now that I'm back I can focus on it for a while! Hope you all enjoy the update!