• Published 13th Sep 2014
  • 1,654 Views, 132 Comments

Adventures Across Space - zalla661



Trixie B. Lulamoon is now the proud Commanding Officer of a shiny new NX-20 starship. As she and her crew set off to adventure they'll learn that the universe is far more cruel and unforgiving than they imagined it could be.

  • ...
7
 132
 1,654

Betrayal Part 2 of ???

Author's Note:

And now we are back for more adventures across space! The battle is coming to a climax soon, and all sides will be in place. Soon all the pawns will be ready to strike, and the leaders ready to command them, but what will happen until then?

Time to find out!

Trixie was feeling the pressure of her command. Her head ached and for the millionth time since they first launched Trixie was feeling the anxiety of commanding a starship. As the security alarms went off, Claw squawked that intruders were in main engineering. Among the was Admiral Twilight Sparkle.

Trixie had a feeling this was personal.

The Admiral had a very direct personality, brash, and brutal. She was very much the opposite of the Twilight she grew up knowing. Everything was piled against her and her crew and nothing was getting easier as time went on.

Trixie looked over to CLaw and gave him a serious look.

“Claw, take a security team to engineering and assist the MAREs commandos,” She ordered.

Nodding the griffin jumped over his station with a powerful thrust of his wings. His armored vest clanked with the console as he jumped over landing hard on the steel floors with a thud.

Claw ran to the turbolift and entered with his security rifle in his claws. Down he went deeper into the ship.

Meanwhile deep in engineering Pinkie was struggling to keep things under control. She could see Twilight shooting at her crew pinning them down while her soldiers were holding back the MAREs commandos. Twilight and her crew were across a scaffolding where there were ten of them. Above them was Spitfire, Pansy, and several other MAREs.

Twilight was holding a poor stallion as a hostage/meat shield. She was holding a small pistol in her magical aura and shooting up at Spitfire and her team.

Spitfire ducked as Twilight shot a green bolt at her head. The bolt of energy skimmed past her head clipping the bangs of her mane. She smelled the stench of her mane burning fur, which made her fume.

“That little... “ She swore incoherently under her breath.

Pitching over her cover Spitfire let loose a rapid volley of blaster bolts from her rifle. The rain of energy bolts fell down on the intruders forcing them to take cover. One stallion pegasus was feeling brave and flew up above them to the next level.

Pansy shot after him, but the stallion was too nimble for her to hit. His wings flapped hard and his body twisted like a serpent as he dodged through the metal support beams and around the engine core. This forced more MAREs to focus fire on him as he rained shots down on them.

Twilight grinned, using the aerial assault to her advantage she ordered the strike team forward. They entered the room where Pinkie was hiding under a console. Twilight ordered her team to cover the entrances which split them into three groups. From above the orange pegasus stallion flew down and landed by her.

Twilight Threw her hostage to the floor aiming her pistol at him while he cowered in fear from the mare.

“You did well Flash Sentry... my love,” Twilight cooed, leaning into the stallion locking lips with him.

After a brief kiss they separated and the stallion gave his mistress a cocky grin.

“Anything for you, Two,” Flash Sentry said taking position next to her.

“So what is our next move, Admiral?” Flash asked.

Twilight sighed looking around the room. Finding a maintenance shaft she crouched near it and opened it. She inspected it carefully seeing it was a relay junction of some sort.

She looked over to the hostage stallion she caught and glared at him. She trailed her sidearm at his head making him wet himself.

“You! Tell me where does this shaft head to?”

The stallion looked over at the shaft before saying, “That’s maintenance shaft B-22. It goes to the main hangar and the Ion cannon power relays,” He said.

“Good,” Twilight said looking at him with a sinister grin. “Now I don’t have any use for you.”

“Oh, wait what?!”

The poor stallion screamed as a sound of a single shot echoed through main engineering. Spitfire glared at the room where the intruders bunkered down. She heard the sound of a masculine scream followed by a blaster shot.

Suddenly she saw the hostage get thrown outside. A dark spot was in the dead center of his head. His body then glowed a bright pink and was tossed over the railing to the bottom of the main reactor core.

“Grrrr. Damn them,” Spitfire growled.

She hated seeing ponies die under her watch. Most of all she hated when intruders got on her ship and killed ponies under her watch.

“We need to get to them,” She said with a hint of urgency in her voice. “Anyone got ideas?”

When no one spoke Spitfire peeked around the corner from her cover. From there she saw nothing but two ponies guarding the entry way. She didn’t doubt the other entryways were guarded as well. She had to figure out what they were doing and fast.

Just then, Claw and his team came rushing in from the opposite end of engineering, effectively pinning the intruders in the room. Spitfire looked across the way to the griffon. They nodded to one another knowing what was going through each other's heads.

Silently, Spitfire rallied her team up and prepared to storm the room. She readied her rifle and so did her commandos. Once prepared she counted with three waves of her hoof. On the third both teams rushed into the room to find only two of the intruders left.

One was a mare unicorn the other was an earth pony stallion. The mare was looking down at the stallion who was trying to crawl into one of the junctions shafts while the mare was waiting for her turn.

Caught by surprise the mare turned to face Spitfire with a raised rifle only to be shot from all sides by the commandos and security team. Riddled with holes the mare fell to the floor, her rifle clanking against the metal floor and the stallion held his hooves up as all the attention quickly turned to him.

“Wait! I surrender! Don’t shoot!” He cried.

Spitfire walked over to him, slinging her rifle on her back, she reached down and gripped the stallion by his arm. She lifted him roughly to his hooves and shoved him into a seat. From under the console nearby Pinkie crawled out and made everyone trail their weapons on her from her sudden appearance.

“Whoa! Wait there everyone!”

Spitfire pushed several rifles down. Once everyone saw it was the Lt. Commander they lowered their weapons.

“Pinks!” Spitfire exclaimed hugging the mare. “Glad to see you’re alright, ma’am.”

Spitfire gave a quick salute to Lt. .Commander Pinkie who giggled in response to being addressed formally.

“Glad to see you too,” She said looking over to Claw. “Thanks for the save everyone!”

Claw nodded silently. He then returned his attention to his new captive. Taking hold of the pony intruder, Claw escorted him to the brig with the rest of his team. Meanwhile Spitfire questioned Pinkie about what the intruders were up too, asking if she heard anything useful.

“Actually Major, there is,” Pinkie said looking at the pegasus. “The intruders are being led by Twilight Sparkle. They’re here to capture the Captain.”

“What? How?”

Pansy looked down at the maintenance shaft. She then asked Pinkie, “Where does this go?”

Pinkie didn’t even look and simply answered, “The Ion cannon.”

Taking note of this information, SPitfire opened a comm. To Private Scope.

“Scope,report in.” Spitfire said into her headset.

*ZZZT This is private Scope. What’s the situation Major?*

“Hostiles were pushed from main engineering, we think they’re after the captain,” Spitfire said. “I want you to take the rest of Squad six and proceed to guard the Captain.”

*Aye, Major. ZZZT. Scope out*

Spitfire sighed looking over at the few dead ponies around her. Some of them were new, others were ponies she had known since her time in the Wonderbolts. It saddened the mare to see so much death, but what was worse was seeing her friends off.

She sat down to readjust her rifle before slinging it on her back. She then stood up and looked over her commandos. Pansy stood ready, as did two there mares.

“Alright let’s head to the bridge.”

*Hydra Bridge*

Commander Octavia was pacing back and forth around the bridge when news of the intruders escaping reached her ears. Trixie sighed feeling uneasy having intruders on her ship and potentially sabotaging it. Not that the ship needed to be sabotaged considering their luck thus far.

Trixie at this time was working with Vinyl Scratch on something while Octavia grew more antsy with every passing minute. Lyra remained at her station relaying communications between the Hydra and Starfleet.

Sunset was at her station with her new zebra companion, Star Stripe at her side. They were going over the shield relays and trying to recycle them before the next major incursion.

“If we reroute power from the main engines were can get the excess power to help reinforce the shields.” Star Stripe suggested.

Sunset furrowed her brow deep in thought. “No, if we lost the engines the shields would lose all power.”

Star Stripe smiled saying, “Not, if we relay power through the junction shafts. We do that the power will still flow through the primaries and we won’t lose shields if power to the engines goes out.”

While the two mares went on Trixie was beginning to get anxious. She knew the intruders were still on her ship, but somewhere was Admiral Twilight Sparkle. That made her uneasy. The violet mare had shown a merciless streak that was very uncommon for ponies. If she was a pony after all.

As she thought on the doors to the turbolift opened and Claw reentered alone.

“Claw, report,” Trixie asked o the griffon as he passed her.

“The intruders went into the main ducts of the ship ma’am,” Claw responded clacking his talons on the metal floors.

“Any idea’s where they are going?” Octavia asked.

They want the Captain,” Claw replied. “Squad Six from MAREs is one deck down and stopping the lift every time it passes. They won’t get here Commander.”

Octavia gave the griffon a stern glare. In return he shrugged and returned to his station. The grey earth pony looked at Trixie as she went over the comm with Lyra. She was talking to the Enterprise Captain about Charles Tucker and made sure he got back safely. Octavia shook her head looking at the mare's rump.

“You always looked out for others rather than yourself, Trixie,” She whispered to herself leaning against Sunset’s station.

One deck down Scope was not having fun. Under normal circumstances he’d be fine with being security detail during and ship intrusion, but there was somepony with him that made him cringe at the sound of her very voice.

“Hey beef stick! Look alive!”

Scope cringed glaring at Silica. She was a unicorn from MAREs who despised him to no end. She was born into a noble family of Unicorns and Clydesdales making her a large mare with beautiful mane and fur. Her emerald eyes were sharp and could pierce into your soul. Her mane and tail were long and curled at the end in strands of white and gold. She was one of the older members of MAREs and wore the most up to date equipment.

Scope had come to realize that she didn’t flaunt over the title as a noble like many old nobles back home did. She was more respectable and hard working than many of them. In many ways more so than even him.

Scope could appreciate that much about her if she didn’t insult him every second they spent together. Yet, the worst part was no one stopped her from the squad.

“Come on, don’t look so bored!” Silica laughed, smacking Scope on his back.

Scope groaned standing upright after the strong mare stuck his back.

“Aww, why the long face?” She said with mock concern. “Did I huwt your feewings?”

Scope ground his teeth as he tried to control himself, as the other MAREs mocked him.

“Yeah, good one Silica!” A pegasus mare said.

Another unicorn mare laughed with the pegasus shoving past Scope. She stopped and flicked her tail and his hindquarters making him squeal loudly. The mare laughed at him as he blushed returning to his position by the turbolift.

“You ladies need to focus! The ship has intruders sent to kill the Captain! Be serious!” Scope warned the group of mares.

Silica scoffed indignantly, “You think I don’t know that, BEEF STICK?” She asked with emphasis to Scope’s nickname she had given him.

Scope pushed the mare away from him, sending her a few steps back. The rest of the mares gasped at him. Silica growled standing in place.

“Oh, you just don’t know when to quit, do you?” She asked dangerously.

Scope ignored her and continued to stand guard, which only made the mare more angry.

“Don’t you ignore me, beef stick!”

Scope sighed as the rest of the mares murmured to one another. Suddenly the turbolift opened and Spitfire entered the hall. Everyone saluted as she eyed the group. For several seconds no one said a word or moved a muscle. Finally after sometime Spitfire sighed flexing her wings.

She ran her hooves through her mane and asked, “Well? Who’s got the report!?”

Everyone flinched and Silica stepped forward giving her CO a salute.

“Ma’am! Nothing to report. The enemy has’t attempted to use the turbolift,” Scilia reported.

Spitfire nodded walking past Scope. She paused at his side giving him a playful wink before continuing down the hall. When she reached the end of the hall she spoke briefly to the other mares at which time she returned to the lift.

Just as she entered the turbolift there was a large explosion from the far end of the hall. Two of the MAREs commandos fell from the explosion as energy bolts flew from the dust and smoke. Everyone Except for Scope, Spitfire and Silica, were shot. The three aforementioned ponies managed to get into the turbolift just as the dust settled revealing Twilight and her strike force.

As the lift went up to the bridge Spitfire pushed Silica and Scope out and to the side, while she herself stormed to trixie’s seat. The unicorn was in the captain's chair responding to a message on her PDA when she noticed Spitfire at her side.

“Major?” She said acknowledging the pony without looking up.

“Captain! The intruders are one deck below us! They just blew through the previous one to get there! We need to move you!” Spitfire suddenly bellowed.

Trixie shook her head. She was no coward, far from it. Octavia looked across the room at her Captain with a stern expression as she listened in.

Trixie put her PDA in its holster and looked to the Major, “Non, Major, I will not leave my post.”

“Captain!”

“I said no, Major. That’s final!” Trixie said with defiance.

The pegasus Major stared at her CO with a baffled by the Captains defiance. It wasn’t advantageous for her to leave the bridge. If she were to perish the ship would fall into disarray.

Just then the floors around the entire bridge blew open making several holes around the bridge. Up through came the invasion force in groups of three one after the other. Before anyone could react the bridge was flooded with bodies, and the crew of the Hydra was now being held captive at gunpoint. After the crew secure Admiral Twilight flew up through the largest hole with Flash Sentry, who was carrying her in his arms. The orange pegasus let Twilight go on the solid deck where she pulled out her pistol in her aura and pointed it at Trixie.

Admiral Twilight had a calm posture. There was a void of emotion as she looked down on Trixie. The crew of the Hydra remained still, no one wanted to aggravate the intruders any further.

“Captain, I need you to come with me.”

Trixie looked up at Twilight with a defiant glare but silently stood. Admiral Twilight swung her postil to the side, letting Trixie know she wanted her to stand by her.

Trixie complied and stood by the violet mare.

Admiral Twilight stood by as Flash Sentry lowered the shields to the Hydra. Another one of the ponies shoved Lyra to the side and after Flash gave him the, ‘go’ signal.

Admiral Twilight pulled Trixie close to her with her physical arm until the mare was only inches from her side.

“Signal the Luna's Revenge. Tell Vice Admiral Derpy, that we’re ready.”

“Aye ma’am.” The pony said.

The pony sent a simple unsecure message out from the Hydra to Lunas Revenge. A minute later a message came back and the pony received it through the Hydra’s communication console. Afterwards the intruders centered around Trixie and Admirala Twilight and were transported off the ship.

Octavia ran forward reaching for Trixie as the blue mare faded away in a red dust of energy. The last thing of Trixie she saw was the unicorn turning to face her, and gave a playful wink with her right eye.

Spitfire gasped along with most of the crew at the sight of the intruders transporting away.

“I can’t believe what I just saw!” Spitfire exclaimed, inspecting the floor as if to find some remains of the ponies who were once there.

Scope looked around the bridge while Sunset went to a shaken Lyra, who was trying to calm herself.

“Lyra, you alright there?” Sunset asked the shaking mare.

“Yes, I’m fine ma’am.” Lyra said in a gracious tone.

The mint mare sat back into her chair as Sunset patted her shoulders comfortingly.

After a minute of cooling down the crew became active once again. Spitfire took her remaining commandos off the bridge and Sunset left with Star Stripe to go to engineering. Claw went into the ship's security and began the tedious task of changing all the codes. Octavia stood shaking in place.

*I lost Trixie.*

She ground her teeth sitting in a chair. She brushed her mane back with a frustrated sigh. She thought of Trixie in the last moments she saw her. *The wink of trust*. She thought. It was something they developed back in their Academy days. If anything were to happen to the other they weren’t sure they’d return from , hat pony would wink with a grin with their right eye.

For Trixie, as she once put it, it was a sign that she would most likely not be coming home. This angered Octavia. She was suppose to protect Trixie and the crew. By her standing she failed catastrophically. For now she was thinking of a plan to save Trixie, until a message from Enterprise came through to Lyra.

The mint unicorn pony got a communique from Enterprise and said, “Commander I’m receiving a message from Enterprise.”

Sluggishly, Octavia ran her hooves through her mane again and looked up at the view screen, just as Pinkie and some of her engineering crew entered the bridge and began repairing the floor.

“On screen.” Octavia ordered.

On the main viewer the blank black screen came to life with an image of Captain Archer. The tall human stood tall and proud in his blue jumpsuit uniform. Octavia thought he was very much like Trixie in that manner.

“Commander?” Archer said with surprised tone. “I was expecting Captain Lulamoon to be on the bridge. The fleet is ready to attack and there is no sign of the Klingons.”

Octavia sighed letting her shoulders sag. Archer noticed the change in the mares posture and gave her a worried look.

As if he knew something bad happened, he looked at the mare and asked, “What happened?”

“... Trixie was captured.” Octavia barely managed to choke out as tears ran down her face. “Trixie was… captured and… taken…”

*Meanwhile on the Luna's Revenge*

Admiral Twilight walked briskly down the halls to the bridge of the Luna's Revenge. Her team was being escorted by the ship's security forces with Trixie at the center. Trixie had her limbs partially restrained so she couldn’t run, her horn had a magical suppression ring on it, and she had been stripped of all her gear and uniform.

She was bare naked as she was escorted through the cold ship of the Luna's Revenge. As its name sounded the ship's interior was dark, cold, and unforgiving. It’s passages were long and narrow, the doors were so small the group of ponies had to walk single file to get through.

As they passed through a threshold they arrived on the bridge of the Luna's Revenge. On the bridge was a dark scene. Dark dim red lights lit the bridge. The crew was in black uniforms with black boots and all of them were armed.

At the center was an armored grey pegasus mare with a long blonde mane. Despite the goofy wall eyed appearance she had, her golden yellow eyes promised untold amounts of pain and suffering to all who dared look into them.

The mare walked up to Admiral Twilight and greeted the violet mare with a hung and a sinister grin.

“Admiral! Well done on the capture of Captain Trixie!” She cheered loudly, hugging the Admiral and pattin gher on the back. “I was sure you wouldn’t make it, Admiral.”

Admiral Twilight scoffed at the mare as if she were completely insulted, though it wasn't far from the truth.

“Of course I succeeded, you dim witted, wall eyed, defect!” Twilight barked at the mare in anger.

The grey mare scowled, and Trixie was sure she saw her left lazy eye twitch.

Admiral Twilight smirked seeing the angry scowl on the pegasus's face and continued, “You should know your place, pegasus. Or do I need to remind you of your daughter?”

The grey mare's scowl turned into a strained smile as she put on her best, ‘I’ll try hard to not murder you in your sleep’ face. Admiral Twilight grinned as she nodded to Flash Sentry, who nodded back. The stallion whispered into the ears of his team and they slowly dispersed around the crew of the Luna's Revenge while Twilight distracted the grey mare.

Meanwhile Trixie watched with a feeling of unease in her gut. She knew something was about to happen, and by the looks of both groups on the bridge, it was going to get ugly.

“Of Derpy, you shouldn’t have angered me,” Twilight cooed at the mare, who stood perfectly still. “Flash take out the Vice Admiral for me and kill the crew.”

Suddenly the strike force with twilight aimed their weapons at the crew of the Luna's Revenge, surprising the crew of the Luna's Revenge.

“See, Derpy? You didn’t stand a chance.” Twilight said.

The mare listened carefully to the silence expecting shots to be fired any second. Not hearing anything she turned her head to see her own crew holding Flash Sentry at gunpoint and Derpy's ponies were trailing their weapons on Admiral Twilight.

Trixie stood perfectly still as she watched the events unfold. She dared not move as the mutiny went on around her. Trixie did look to see the shocked expression on Admiral Twilight’s face.

“What are you doing!? I ordered you to kill them!”

Derpy chuckled lightly while Twilight looked at her mutinous crew holding her lover hostage. She thought vile things upon them.

“What’s this mutiny!?” She bellowed as Flash Sentry was brought to her side and forced to the floor along with her.

Derpy had now gone into a full blown cackle bending herself backwards like she were possessed by an evil spirit. Trixie was forced to sit beside the two other captives while Derpy looked over Twilight’s face with a smug grin.

Twilight gave the grey mare her most heated glare she could muster.

Derpy laughed, “Oh, little Twilight,” She laughed at the violet mare. “You should have known better than to try and kill me on my own ship. I figured you would sooooo, I planted my best agents on your ship before you beamed to the Hydra.”

Twilight’s face contorted hearing this. Trixie could tell there was nothing but boiled up rage behind that face.

Derpy chuckled. “Unfortunately for you and Flash, you won’t get to see the glorious triumph of our empire.”

“When the Empress finds out, she will see to it you hang for this treachery!!” Twilight screamed out.

Vice Admiral Derpy cackled pulling out her own pistol from her side holster. She took aim at Flash Sentry and shot the stallion through the head. The bolt tore through his skull, melting through it like it was nothing but air.

Admiral Twilight screamed out at the sight. She flopped herself onto the fallen pegasus calling out his name. For the first time since they met, Trixie saw this mare cry tears for someone else.

Derpy smiled evilly at the fallen Admiral, ‘Yes, cry for me. Cry. CRY! Your tears are delicious!”

“I’LL KILL YOU-” As Admiral Twilight lunged forward to tackle Derpy, the violet mare was shot by her mutinous crew and flopped to the floor with a shocked expression.


Trixie gave the Vice Admiral a most appalled look. Never before had she seen such a disregard for life as she had seen in this Empire. She knew one thing for certain now, the Empire was in this fight and would most likely fight to the last pony.

As Derpy holstered her pistol away, she turned to her crew and without even looking back she said, “Take Trixie to the brig, and throw the trash out into space.”

Trixie was then hauled away along with the bodies of Flash Sentry and Twilight. While this was happening the Vice Admiral turned to her communications officer.

“Send a message to the Sol Dios. Tell the Empress I have apprehended Captain Trixie,” She instructed. “And tell her her student, Admiral Twilight Sparkle, perished on her mission.”

“VICE ADMIRAL! It’s the Sol Dios!” Another pony yelled.

“What about them?” Serpy asked rolling her eyes. “What is the Empress sending us a TDS?”

The other pony spoke in a hushed frightened tone saying, “N-no ma’am, the Sol Dios IS HERE.”

The grey mare went stiff. She looked back at the pony and gave him a single nod. He nodded back and powered up the main viewscreen to show a picture of a large sphere hovering over the Sol Star.

It was a massive construct as big as the star itself. So big the scale was unimaginable to any unless they knew what it was. Spherical in shape, the craft was on a galactic scale of its own. It was the size of Saturn, roughly 11,000 kilometers in diameter, white, and had millions of spires across its surface, with a single moon sized node at the front with a decal of a wavy sun.

Derpy was happy she used the facilities beforehand, otherwise she would have wet herself in front of her crew. She knew this was bad news. If the Empress came to a reality on her own accord it meant she was furious about something, and blood would spill.

Just then the same pony from before called to the Vice Admiral, “We’re receiving a message from the Sol Dios!”

“Open a comm.” Derpy said, stuttering bit with her words.

The viewscreen came to life again, but this time it showed a white background with five thrones. The thrones were arranged in tiers with ponies on each of them.

The first two at the lowest points were the left and right most thrones. The left one had a young pink alicorn mare with puffy light violet mane with three teal stripes and teal blue eyes. She wore a the pointed crown and had a cutie mark of a shatter crystal heart.

The rightmost was another pink alicorn with a pink and light yellow mane. She was taller than the other pink alicorn and had a longer mane. Unlike the other she was wearing a full suit of traditional armor made of a light blue and silver and bore a serious expression.

The next two thrones had a midnight blue alicorn with a starry mane that flowed like it was in the wind. She wore a black suit with a rapier at her side. Across from her was a white unicorn stallion with a deep blonde mane wearing an officer's uniform and a smug grin that only a posh noble could muster.

And at the center of them was the Empress. White alicorn, taller than the rest, and had a blue fiery mane that cracked as it flowed like it was in the wind. She wore golden armor with a helmet that functioned as a crown with a large violet gem as the centerpiece backed by four spikes. Her golden armor was well polished and on her left side was a short red cape.

Derpy looked at the entire group of ponies and bowed.

“My Empress! I had no idea you were going to be here,” Derpy said trying to sound as sincere as possible. “And with the council too! What an honor it is to have-”

The Empress’s voice boomed over the mare. Despite being on speakers the intensity of her voice was still enough to shake the room.

“You may dispense with pleasantries Vice Admiral. I want my report. Have you retrieved my sister’s student?” The Empress tapped her hooves on her crystal throne, impatiently waiting her her answer.

“Ye-yes my Empress,” Derpy said, fumbling her words. “But, there was an… incident.”

The Empress cocked her head. “What sort of incident? You know I don't like surprises.”

“I’m terribly sorry my Empress, but Admiral Twilight,” She paused thinking of how to word her next words. She knew she had to be careful, otherwise she could be next in line to face the Empresses wrath.

“I’m sorry to say you student was killed capturing Captain Trixie.” Derpy finished.

Everyone gasped and looked at the Empress. The white alicorn seemed very well composed for the time. Until her mane grew in intensity making, burning the rugs beneath her, and made everyone around her flinch.

“I want to know who did this Vice Admiral, so I can dispose of them myself…”