• Published 18th Aug 2014
  • 791 Views, 10 Comments

my dear Carla - GamingBrony101



can a pony and a changeling really get along?

  • ...
7
 10
 791

The plan

Watchman awoke from his sleep, rubbing his weary eyes with his hoof. He looked down at the still sleeping changeling resting on his chest. Watchman was about was about to check if Carla was awake when suddenly she looks up at him with her emerald eyes.

"Morning" She cooed in her usual relaxing tone.

"Hey there" Replies watchman, still half-asleep. He noticed Carla was on top of him, and wondered how she got there, but since she looked comfortable he thought he might as well leave her be. By the looks of the sun shining through the window of Carla's house, Watchman estimated it was around 12:00 in the afternoon. Carla gently lifted herself off of Watchman and stretched out her body, making her way over to the doorway of her bedroom.

"How about breakfast?" Asks Carla, looking back at the stallion as he tiredly climbs out of her bed to follow her.

"Sounds great" Yawns Watchman as he catches up with her.
After getting their hands on some breakfast, Watchman begins eating away. He looks up at Carla, confused as to why she wasn't doing the same.

"Why aren't you eating?"

"You know why" answers Carla, looking up at Watchman.

"Oh....sorry i..forgot" Watchman trails off as he continues eating. Carla sits down on the chair in front of him and lightly kisses him on the cheek.

"It's ok Watch" She replies.

"Watch?" Watchman asks in a bland tone of voice.

"It's easier to say than Watchman" Carla retorts. Watchman was now very confused. first Carla was on top of him, and now she was kissing him? Something was up. The two of them pass the time through idle conversation until Watchman brings up a serious point.

"So why are you getting friendly with me all of a sudden?"

"What do you mean?" Carla replies, a hint of concern in her voice.

"You know what i mean. first i find you asleep on top of me and now you're kissing me?" It was at this point Carla froze. She'd forgotten the effects of changeling hypnosis. The victim would become infatuated with the changeling seducing them, so that the changeling could draw more power from them. However, the victim would forget the whole ordeal.

"Watch i.....i'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?" Watchman had his trademark stern expression on his face as he glared at Carla."

"I hypnotized you, and began draining the love out of you....but you offered to let me do so!...but then again you were already hypnotized by accident when it happened." Watchman went silent for a short while. His expression appeared to be a mix of both annoyance and empathy.

"Carla, i need you to answer this question honestly, if you lie, i'll know." Watchman finally spoke up as he glared at Carla

"What is it?" Carla's voice had a slight hint of fear as she fidgeted on her seat.

"Can i trust you?"

"Yes, watch of course. i promise i never meant to hurt you, all that happened was my hunger drove me to the point where my instincts took over" Watchman sat there for a few minutes as he finally decided to speak up again.

"You know i have to get back to Canterlot, don't you Carla?" Asks watchman in a serious tone.

"Why?" Replied Carla. Watchman doubted she got the seriousness of the question.

"Carla, i'm being serious" Watchman stared at her with a grave expression.

"So am i" Carla looks up at him with an unflinching stare. Watchman was caught off guard by this as his brain fumbles to create a sentence.

"look, with things the way they are now the royal guard is going to need every soldier they have left if they want to have a chance of winning this coming war!"

"so you're going to kill off my species because another pony told you to?" Carla replied, moving only her lips as she did so. Watchman felt like he'd been slapped in the face metaphorically speaking. Not only did Carla have the advantage, she'd made him rethink what it was he was going to do. She was the exception, he thought to himself as he regained his posture and began to form a sentence.

"Carla, you're making it sound like i'm nothing more than a machine. Just because i do what i do to ensure the survival of pony kind does not mean i enjoy it, in fact i hate this just as much as you." Watchman felt like he'd hit back strong, but Carla wasn't the kind of mare to just give up.

"So why are you in such a hurry to get back?" Questioned Carla.

"The sooner i'm on the field dealing with this, i feel like the sooner it's going to end." Replied Watchman.

"What about me?" Asked Carla, trying to not look Watchman straight in the eyes.

"You are the only thing keeping me from Canterlot. And not in a bad way. It wouldn't be right for me to just abandon you" Answered Watchman. Carla sat there for a while, silent. Eventually Watchman broke the silence. "Where will you go if i leave for Canterlot?" Inquired Watchman.

"I'll go with you" Replied Carla.

"Where would you stay?" Asked Watchman.

"I don't know watch. Look, if you think your part in this war is so needed, you know where the door is." Carla Answers. She gets up and begins to walk to the door when the sound of hooves approaching her from the table catch up with her as she feels Watchman's hoof on her shoulder.

"I'm not leaving you here." Watchman says, back to his usual tone of voice. Carla looks up at him with concerned eyes.

"I know. I'm just not sure how to handle the whole situation. If you do go, i want to go with you! I can disguise myself as a pony and sneak in with you!"

"That won't work Carla, the guards at Camelot have spells they perform on everyone entering the city, and even if you get past them, there are the elite changeling killers known as the bug hunters who will hunt you down and kill you if they can!"

"Won't you protect me?" Cara asks, semi teasing Watchman.

"Yes of course Cara but i'm only one stallion. You can't expect me to fend of both experienced warriors and trained killers at the same time!"

"Well, no but...isn't it worth a shot? Don't you know any secret ways in?" Cara questioned. Watchman sat there for a few minutes as he pondered on one possible way in. There was a secret tunnel, through the mountain next to Canterlot that would lead him to the underground network of passageways that he could use to gain access to the catacombs. It was a long shot, but at the moment it was his only one.

"I have an idea, but it's going to involve a lot of stealth, and a lot of darkness" Carla sat and listened as Watchman explained the plan. Once they had both prepared for the journey, they left, ready for the coming adventure.

Author's Note:

I know this chapter is much shorter then the last, but this is just the build up to a much bigger chapter (hopefully over 6-7 thousand words if i can help it) otherwise, enjoy this, if not fair enough, i shall be returning soon.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment