• Published 17th Aug 2014
  • 378 Views, 3 Comments

What Lurks in the Shadows? - Arts Desire



After being defeated and once again banished, King Sombra roams the shadows of Equestria.

  • ...
 3
 378

Chapter 5 - Taken

Sombra was currently in the library, he had been at time of the meeting. He had to get rid of Twilight and Spike, now! If they found a way to destroy him, before he had done anything to them, he would go insane. Even more insane then he already was. It was not going to happen, he would never allow it.

With his eyes glowing, Sombra slithered up the stairs to where Spike and Twilight lay sleeping. Spike, wrapped in his blue blanket, was snoring in a chaotic rhythm. Twilight was laying on her back, giving a light huff every once in awhile. They were peaceful and vulnerable. He had a plan, that should work in these conditions. With the quiet, calm night and his victims fast asleep, he could transport them with ease.

Slowly, creeping up on Twilight, he began to wrap her in his shadow form. Starting with her head and moving downward, until she could no longer be seen. He then turned to Spike, again, starting with the head and moving down, until Spike was no longer visible as well. Gently, as not to wake them, he lifted them up and began moving down the stairs and out the door.

Once he was outside, he sped up, moving over the land at a startlingly speed. He was traveling though the Everfree Forest with in seconds, weaving left and right around trees. He was gliding past packs of timber-wolves, and patches of blue flowers. The air was beginning to grow cold as he skimmed passed the last few trees, coming into a large, snow covered field.

Leaving no trace as he flew over the land and headed toward a large boulder. Growing closer to the rock, a empire of crystal came into sight and Sombra gave a barely noticeable smirk. His speed quickened, and he plunged down into the boulder, soon coming to a cave that traveled under the empire.

He stopped and then began to spin slowly, placing Spike on the cave floor. Spike, still snoring, had begun to cry. Tears were seeping from his eyes, he was shaking with his loud sobs. "Twilight!" Spike yelled, as if Twilight had just been injured.

Sombra, not wanting to be around when Spike awoke from his nightmare, turned and carried Twilight through the cave. He made several turns, until he felt far enough away from the dragon. Again, he span around, placing Twilight onto the ground.

Twilight moaned, and stood shakily. She appeared dazed, which would only make sense. Once she had balanced herself, she observed her surroundings, soon noticing the shadowed figure. "Sombra." She whispered, her gaze set on his. "Of course you brought me here."

Sombra grinned. "Twilight Sparkle. How nice it is to see you again." He encircled her and looked into the violet eyes of the mare, his muzzle pressed against hers. His grin deepened as Twilight pushed herself away.

"What do you want with me?" She shouted, anger could be seen in her eyes, along with fear.

"Oh, Twilight." He said, bringing his shadow tail across her face and flicking it off her chin. "Isn't it obvious?" He sprang closer. "I want revenge." He whispered in her ear.

"Unlikely. My friends will find me, they always do." She turned from Sombra and walked a few paces.

"You're miles from Ponyville. This cave is unknown. This is my revenge." His eyes brightened and voice deepened. "You will suffer!"

Twilight looked behind her, but Sombra had vanished. She collapsed on the ground, tears filling her eyes. Fear and confusion consuming her.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment