• Published 17th Aug 2014
  • 378 Views, 3 Comments

What Lurks in the Shadows? - Arts Desire



After being defeated and once again banished, King Sombra roams the shadows of Equestria.

  • ...
 3
 378

Chapter 1- The Beginning

Ponies sat around a table, chatting amongst themselves. They were of the Crystal Empire, and had gone through much terror over the past years. Being ruled over by a pure evil unicorn king and being forced to do his bidding, had quite an effect on ponies. Dreams were filled with horror and fear that the king would return once more. The crystal ponies had been scarred for life and there was no way of helping them.

"I wish I could get King Sombra out of my head." Said a young mare. "I realize he's been banished again, but what if..."

A creature lurking in the corner of the room, was focused intently on the conversation. He was becoming more interested by the minute.

A blue stallion quickly stood. "No! No, what ifs! He is gone, just let it be." The stallion stomped his hoof on the table. "The great and honorable, Spike, the brave and glorious, has gone to Ponyville, along with Twilight Sparkle and their friends. We must be safe, if they were to leave so soon."

Everypony murmured in agreement. They wouldn't have left if Sombra was still a threat, but worried looks still hung on their faces. The king had come back once, and they knew he could do it again.

The creature in the corner smiled gleefully. He was happy he had left a terrifying impression upon the ponies of the Empire. He was quite happy to have such an lasting ego. He'd be able to scare filles and colts so easily, although he would not be able to do much magic. He had been banished, which weakened him. He would save his strength to get revenge on Twilight Sparkle and Spike.

Now that he knew where he could find the ones responsible for his banishment, he would head to Ponyville and get revenge. He still wanted, more like needed, revenge on those who had done this to him. Who had made him shadow once more.

Now, he started on his way, but before leaving the house, he said, "Thanks..." in his raspy voice. Everypony froze and Sombra left, very pleased with himself. He would forever be remembered and feared.