• Published 17th Aug 2014
  • 378 Views, 3 Comments

What Lurks in the Shadows? - Arts Desire



After being defeated and once again banished, King Sombra roams the shadows of Equestria.

  • ...
 3
 378

prologue

"Night mom!" Spoke a young unicorn, as she walked up the stairs.

"Good night, my Muffin," Her mother answered in a sweet voice, "don't let the monsters bite!"

"I won't!" Muffin yelled, giggling slightly.

In her room, Muffin levitated her brush and began tugging at her mane. She counted as she did so, moving to her tail at twenty. When she had finished, she placed the brush on the table. As she did so she heard a slight hissing.

She was startled by this, but continued getting ready. She trotted to the bathroom, humming a song to herself. Turning to the mirror above the sink and bringing her toothbrush to her mouth, she noticed something move behind her. Nervous, she stood still for several moments, until a bright green and red eye showed its self in the corner, next to her.

Scared out of her mind, Muffin ran to her bed and hopped on it. Grabbing her Luna plush, she ducked under the covers. She shook as a voice as deep as the shadows, spoke to her, calling her by name. "Muffin..." He said with a hiss, "I've been watching you."