• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 834 Views, 17 Comments

Drunk Shipping: Starring Soarin and Octavia - DBP12012



Octavia plays a concert for the Wonderbolts and the four alicorn princesses. Why? Because drunk Celestia has been shipping again.

  • ...
4
 17
 834

A Less Comedic Epilogue

Octavia sighed. She leaned into Soarin, still attracted to him for some reason only the alcohol knew.

"Nopony?" She asked.

"Nopony," he replied.

"You could--no, you're drunk. Well, there's always--no, they're not open. Oh, how about--no, I left my cellphone at home. No, didn't I take it into the dressing room? Yes, I did, but they're closed as well. What if--"

"What can't I do because I'm drunk?" Soarin questioned, his hiccups subduing themselves. Octavia hesitated. She stared off into the night, sitting on the curb of the street.

Basically everything, she thought. "Well, you can't fly," she said aloud. "And even if you could, it'd be a bad idea to have you drop me off and then go home alone..." Octavia shuddered, a slight fear creeping up in the pit of her stomach. She glanced down the street. It's no use, she thought.

"We're running out of options. Shouldn't we just walk?" He asked impatiently, kicking at some loose gravel in the street.

"Are you crazy? Walking home alone in Canterlot at one in the morning? How badly do you want to get mugged?" Octavia snapped.

"Well..."

Octavia groaned, "the answer should be not at all, Soarin. This only proves my point that--"

"You seem perfectly fine and sober. After all, you're using logic. If that's the case, why don't you walk me home?" He snapped back. "There should be no reason why--"

"I can think of one," she muttered.

"Anyway, Tavi, you're not coming up with any better ideas than I am." Octavia signed, nuzzling into Soarin's neck. Soarin smiled, bringing his hoof around her. "I'm sorry, babe."

Octavia jolted off of his neck and shook off his hoof. "Don't call me that. I can deal with Octi and Tavi, but don't call me babe," she growled. Soarin shrugged. "Anyway, I supposed walking is the only option. You're...okay with walking home alone?"

"Well, the doors didn't lock behind us. Whoever said we had to go home?" He raised his eyebrows and licked his lips. Octavia fought the alcohol's influence, immediately gagging and shaking her head. Soarin nudged her with one hoof, the other grabbing her face. "Tavi..." he whispered, "you know you want it."

"No, I don't. Just because I'm drunk in no way means I'm going to change my moral compass and refined tastes and sink so low as to--"

"Calm down, Tavi. You really want to walk home? Our other option could be to sleep off the night- together -and wait until morning to go home."

"Y-Yes, I'd much prefer that than sending you alone," she sighed. She still found that goofy look of his cute, no doubt the wine's decision. Soarin exhaled deeply, staring up into the sky. Even though the city lights were bright, the stars were brighter.

"Tavi, we don't have to sleep just yet," he whispered. "Will you watch the stars with me?" She nodded, a genuine blush overtaking her cheeks. It spread to the rest of her face when he planted a soft pair of lips onto her nose. She pointed to a constellation, tracing the invisible lines with her hoof.

"Big Dipper," she said softly. She moved her hoof along the sky, squinting her right eye as she went. She whispered the name of each constellation as she went. "Orion's Belt...Little Dipper...Cancer...Pegasus...and that? That's Polaris, the North Star."

"I didn't know you liked stars so much, ba- erm, Tavi," he whispered. She sighed, letting her muscles relax into laying on his side again. She continued pointing to one as she whispered back to him.

"When I was younger, my mother...she was an astronomer. We used to go out on our balcony and she'd point out the constellations to me. She even bought a star once and named it after me. For the longest time, I was sure I'd follow in her hoofsteps and become an astronomer as well. That ended at my first cello performance, though. Still, I never forgot everything she taught me as a filly. That one? That's Canis Major." Octavia shivered as a sudden wind brushed by her. She shifted her gaze, fixating her eyes on a single gray cloud that drifted through the sky. She lowered her hoof uneasily, her muscles trembling, then turned back to Soarin.

"Hmph. All my mom taught me was how to make a pie crust. Or, she tried to, at least. It never worked, though. I'd always end up eating it before it was finished." He chuckled, letting his eyes drift off into space. "Oh, she'd get so dang mad at me. She'd yell and yell about how I'd get salma-whatever from the raw eggs."

"Salmonella. Wait, you liked pie crust so much you'd eat it raw? I knew you liked pie, but...that seems, oh, extreme, maybe?" Octavia rolled her eyes. "You're crazy."

"Sure, whatever. Only reason I like pie that much is 'cause it reminds me of my momma," he replied. Octavia's gaze softened, as well as her voice.

"Soarin, is your mother..." She whispered. Soarin roared with laugher, pushing her in the forehoof.

"No, no! Hah, she just travels a lot. Whenever she'd come home, she'd make my favorite kind of pie-- Boysenberry. I like all kinds, though. Mm, she doesn't bake very much anymore. She usually just picks one up from the local bakery now," he sighed.

"Momma's colt," Octavia snorted. She glanced back to the sky, and noticed her lonely cloud had some friends.

"And what's wrong with that?" He snapped. "And what the heck is up with you snorting? 'Thought you had better manners that that."

"And you, dropping the beginnings of words? What are you, lazy? Besides," she sighed, "I...ach, never mind. L-let's just get inside." Octavia got up, turning the edge of her hooves to the street. She glanced up, then lowered her head. Her mane dragged along the pavement as she made her way back to the building.

"Tavi? Where are you..." Soarin glanced up at the sound of cackling thunder. Octavia jumped and the sound and bolted for the doors. Sure enough, it looked as though a flood could burst through Heaven's gates any moment. Even the slightest push by a weather pony and the two could get soaked. "Oh," he mumbled.

"I..." Octavia let out a small burp, embarrassment flooding her face once she did. She closed her eyes then pushed on the doors. She screamed, then slammed her body into them. "Umph!" She exclaimed as her shoulders crashed into the barrier. Soarin ran up, trying to calm her.

"Tavi, what the hell? What are you doing?"

"Soarin, Soarin!" She cried, "Soarin, it's about to flood and the doors locked automatically it's one thirty in the morning we're both drunk as hell and we're in the middle of Canterlot! We're going to get mugged or worse and-" Octavia started to hyperventilate "-I know it's super childish of me but I can't deal with thunder. I'm...I'm so...scared," she whimpered. Tears started to stream down her face. She sat down and huddled into a little ball, shivering as the tears forced their way down her face. Soarin reached down, only to get his hoof smacked as she turned her face away from him. The clouds poured out their tears as well, almost aligned with hers.

"Tavi..."

"Shut up, Soarin, you're drunk! You don't know what it's like and you never will! No matter how hard you made me laugh or how refreshing it was to see somepony finally enjoy my music as much as I do, it's the wine! It's always been the wine. I don't find you attractive and I never will. I don't like ponies who drink. In fact, I curse myself for drinking tonight. It's vulgar and disgusting and shoves me into situations like this. Just tell me that it's a dream- no, tell me this is a nightmare...tell me it's a nightmare so I can wake up!" She screamed, choking over her words.

"Tavi, please..."

"No, Soarin. There's no way out anymore. No way out..." She whispered. "You can go, you can fly away miles and miles from here because you don't have an Equestria-shattering fear of something as moronic as thunder; something a filly gets over. No- younger than a filly..."

"Octavia," Soarin demanded, "stop." Octavia looked up. She stumbled to her hooves, opening her mouth in protest. Soarin ignored her, turning his face away from hers.

"Octavia, everypony has something like your fear of thunder," he said. Octavia looked up at him as he walked out into the rain. He raised his nose and closed his eyes. "It's cold...s-so cold," he whispered. "Do you know why it's c-cold, Octavia?"

"N-No," she answered. She lifted her chin up, gazing upon Soarin as he shoved himself into the rain. His fur stood up straight, much like Octavia's had in her performance. The skin underneath shook, making his whole body unstable. She shunned the thought of him doing this for her- or for any rational reason. He couldn't do anything rational right now, not with the five or so glasses of cider in him.

"It's c-cold...it's c-cold because I'm here alone," a simple answer left Soarin's lips. He twitched and tried to fight the rain. "It's c-cold...because I'm afraid. I'm afraid and alone. It's c-cold because it r-reminds me of something I f-fought to keep inside of me. I'm afraid, alone, and it brings back bad memories. Do you know what the c-cold is, Octavia?" She shook her head, mystified as the raced winced under the continuous stream of the clouds' tears.

"The c-cold...is my f-fear," he said loudly, yet not loud enought to be a shout. He said again, shouting this time, "the c-cold is my f-fear! I shouldn't f-fear it, because it c-can't hurt me. Yet, here I stand, biting back my tears in the coldest r-rain of March. It hurts, Octavia, because I let it hurt me. Do you let the thunder hurt you, Octavia?"

"Yes," she whispered.

"Do you let the thunder hurt you, Octavia?!" He screamed, as a stray bolt crashed nearby. Octavia jumped, not only because she'd just heard thunder, but Soarin stared at her like madman. He stood there, holding his shaky, wet hoof out as his screaming voice wavered.

"Yes! I let it hurt me!" She yelled back at him. He smiled, his body refusing to shake anymore. Octavia gave him a puzzled look with which he responded:

"I'm not afraid anymore. It's not cold anymore. I'm no longer alone." He sighed, for about the fifteenth time this night, then grabbed Octavia off the sidewalk and into the rain. The cold, thundering rain. Octavia smiled. She didn't know why a Soarin said what he did. Maybe he did fear the cold, cold rain. Maybe he was just drunk. Maybe he did it for her...maybe just to get her over her fear. Maybe he'd staged it. Whatever the reason, it made Octavia laugh and open her mouth to the raindrops. She no longer jumped at the thunder.

Then, an epiphany brought a blank stare to her eyes.

"S-Soarin...we still can't get home."

Soarin laughed and pulled her into a kiss. Once they broke the embrace, he stared solemnly into her eyes.

"Who cares?"

Comments ( 2 )

Go tavi go.
It's a three outta five.

Login or register to comment