• Published 14th Apr 2012
  • 1,068 Views, 8 Comments

Fluttershy - blanie

  • ...
2
 8
 1,068

Tried

It had been a few days since Fluttershy had made her feelings known to Rainbow Dash, and for the latter of the pair a agitating few days. She wasn't really too sure what had happened Fluttershy had told the vibrant pegasus that she was in love with her. Well that was a shock. It was a moment where Rainbow wanted to just fly away but for obvious reasons that wasn't possible.
So anyway she had been told that this timid pony loved her. No, not even as a friend! Then she asks if I feel the same way. I know. This was all going through Rainbow's mind at the time as she struggled to formulate an answer. She realized then she didn't even know. They were both very young after all. So she had said no. The disappointment on the other Pegasus' face was heartbreaking. She hoped she hadn't caused too much anguish for the shy pony, but even so she seemed to shrink to the ground and as she said farewell Rainbow saw tears in her eyes.

Since that moment they hadn't talked. Three, no, four days. It was sad really that two friends could drift apart so quickly, but she knew that if she tried to talk to Fluttershy then their conversation would be awkward beyond compare.
Anyway she couldn't think about it now, she had things to do. Not that clearing the skies took much concentration but she didn't want to think about it anyway.


Fluttershy was in the woods. Since she had made her feelings known to Rainbow Dash she had been even more withdrawn than usual. She hadn't seen anypony besides Twilight for days. The bashful pegasus had been in a sort of exile, trying to forget the embarrassing event of the other day. After which she had been saddened and slightly angry at herself for trying.
There had been one silver lining, however. Dash had said "No, well I'm not sure." This gave the modest pony a small amount of hope in her aching heart which was filled with unreturned love for her companion. She could hardly blame her though. "If she's unsure about that kind of thing," Fluttershy said out loud. She turned quickly to check nopony had heard. But the forest was still and hushed. The light filtered down through the trees casting a dappled pattern on the bushes and leaves which still littered the floor from the past autumn.


Rainbow Dash had almost finished clearing the skies, with the help of a pegasus who was more trouble than she was worth. The lilac pony with a sun yellow mane had spent the mornings work causing accidents and generally getting in the way of other ponies.
Dash, however knew what she was going to do as she flew down to Sweet Apple Acres. She glanced around looking for Applejack. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the familiar Stetson hat bobbing towards the barn.
Dash swooped down beside her startling the hard-working earth pony in the process.
"Whoa there Nelly!" She exclaimed whilst jumping about a foot in the air. "You shouldn't scare me like that."
"Sorry A.J just need to talk to you about something."
"Sure what is it sugar cube?"
"Well I guess you heard about... You know that Fluttershy and me thing." She said it as a statement not a question, by now everypony in the area knew about it to the pairs dismay.
"Well to be honest hun ah don't really unnerstand it."
"What do you mean?"
"Well not to beat around the bush..." She took a moment to think. "Ah don't really think that a pony should think in that way... Well what I'm tryin' to say is somepony should..."
The impatient pegasus cut her off. "A.J get on with it."
She was now choosing her words carefully. "Right yeah, ah just think it's a bit weird that somepony thinks about you in that way. But ah don't wanna talk abou' it." Before the shocked pegasus could reply A.J was in the barn with the door closed.



Fluttershy was on her way to Twilight's library for the first time in days. She wanted to talk to the unicorn because she was the pony who Fluttershy had told first along with Spike. As she made her way down the street with her head hung close to the ground she felt eyes on her. She wondered if other ponies thought she was a freak. She entered the library and as usual Twilight was in the middle of a huge stack of books and looked like she had been reading most of the night.
She glanced up when Fluttershy stepped in. "Oh Fluttershy I was worried about you I was going to go visit you after I finished these." She waved a hoof which encompassed all the books and she had a guilty grin on her face.
"That's Ok" The pegasus replied.
For a moment neither of the pair said anything they both knew why they were there.
Surprisingly it wasn't the unicorn who made the first move. "Twi I can't talk to Rainbow it's too awkward. The other day I saw her and practically ran away in the other direction."
"You know I'm still surprised she said no. In all the books I've read they always live happily ever... What?"
She stopped when she heard Fluttershy giggling at her. "You can be so naive sometimes you know."
The unicorn frowned at her. "Well, I still think you should talk to her you're supposed to be friends aren't you?"
"I guess so... Ok I'll try." She said this with a sigh.



Rainbow was walking through Ponyville. Yeah walking it surprised her even. She saw a yellow pegasus with a light pink mane and made a beeline straight to her. She was just going to have a normal conversation with her. Fluttershy almost walked into her and flinched when she saw who it was. "Hi" she began weakly. Suddenly a fog seemed to settle in Rainbow Dash's mind and she seemed to see the pegasus in a different light instead of just plain Fluttershy she saw kindness and a meek beauty trying to escape. Was this how she felt as well the way Fluttershy was looking at her seemed to answer her question. Before she knew it her heart was talking for her. "I need to tell you I think I feel the same way about you." A glint of pure hope filled Fluttershy's eyes but soon disappeared when Rainbow said "But I don't think we should be together in that way because I don't want to ruin our friendship, and someponies don't take kindly to that kind of thing here. I'm sorry."
For almost a minute they were silent until Fluttershy said "Ok" on instinct they hugged lightly and stood for longer still.
Then at the same instance they said "If it's for the best." They smiled weakly and hugged again.


Fluttershy exited the embrace first and departed without a word. She was disappointed. But to be cliché she felt a huge weight leave her shoulders. She said out loud as she headed home. "At least I tried."

Comments ( 5 )

Are you sure the story is JUST Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash?
You better fix the character list.

460401
A good point you raise thanks

460401
but apart from that obvious mistake. And it being my first fanfic what did you think?

it's still pretty early in the story, but it has potential

some suggestions, you might want to put it though word or something to fix simple things like "i' instead of "I' and spelling errors or typos, i don't know if there's any of the later, for i cant spell.

remember to use ","s
you also have a few miss used words.

"Fluttershy had told the vibrant pegasi that ...'
pegasi is plural and Rainbow is only one pegasus
you messed that up a few times

"she hadn't seen anypony despite Twilight for days."
despite me means "even though" i think the word your looking for is "besides"

461136
I think i've corrected most of the things :facehoof: so now i just need to come up with another chapter.
Thanks again for all your help.

Login or register to comment