• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 1,073 Views, 9 Comments

DK64 Back In Action - Therisinghero



The kongs are back but a new enemy surfaces that the kongs and main 6 must defeat

  • ...
7
 9
 1,073

Chapter 2 Help is on the way

Watching the scene with a grimace on her face, the mare couldn't help but give out a groan of frustration. "Not this again..." She spoke, referring to yet another time that Discord would attempt to bring about his own twisted mischief.

Since Discord had first been created, she had made certain to watch over him with care. She had also made sure that every misdoings of his could be easily resolved... Well, as easily as they could be solved, that is.

After all, where else had the tree come from, than from her doing? How else had word of these 'elements of harmony' reached the princesses all those millennia ago? All of this was her doing, and hers alone.

She would always have some sort of counter at the ready for whatever Discord may attempt... On this occasion, however, she had to give it to him. To go to another world–another universe–and seek help there...

She let out a sigh as she looked away from the disappearing ship of the two, now conniving, villains, and instead towards the island that floated relatively nearby.

"Well..." She began, raising a brow at the thought that popped into her head. "... I suppose there's no better way to fight fire, than with fire."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile In Kong Island
"Diddy, would you get over here and help clean up the mess!" Chunky Kong shouted at the lazing chimp, who was currently slouching back against one of the higher windows to the house. Rather than answer, however, he took another large bite of the banana he was eating, before then lazily throwing it off to the side... And landing it directly on Chunky Kong's face.

"Why you-!"

As Chunky began his tirade towards the ignoring chimp, Donkey Kong gave out a sigh, himself brushing off some of the other spare banana peels that littered the floor into a nearby bag. "When will he ever learn?" He asked himself, shaking his head as he did so.

"Who?" Lanky Kong questioned, having overheard him. "Do you mean Chunky, or Diddy?"

It was then that Tiny chimed in. "I think he means both." She said with a giggle, drawing a chucklong roll of his eyes from Donkey.

Their celebration had ended some time ago. It was fun while it lasted, of course, but everything had to come to an end at some point. Especially considering the fact that Chunky Kong had pretty much eaten every banana by the time everyone else finished three.

As they cleaned though, despite Diddy's slacking on his job, a loud strike of thunder could be heard. Tiny, and all the other Kongs, flinched at it's suddenness, turning their attention outside, while Diddy just glanced out the window he had perched himself on.
Once clear skies began to turn gray, and then black, within a matter of seconds. Calm and peaceful winds became sharp and heavy, and every animal in the island could be heard fleeing and crying out in their own distinct calls.

Glancing to one another, the Kongs wordlessly began to take cover within Donkey Kong's tree house, Diddy moving from, and closing, the window that he sat on as he did so. "A storm?" Donkey Kong said, yet again absentminded as he did so. "During the dry season?"

Lanky Kong and him shared a glance, an unsure shrug of his shoulders showing Donkey Kong that he had even less of a clue as to what was happening than him.

"Oh, c'mon," Diddy Kong said arrogantly, waving his arms at the group as he did so, "it's probably nothing." Glancing to Chunky Kong, Diddy bobbed his was towards the door. "Go check it out Chunky."

With a roll of his eyes, and a silent grumble beneath his breath, Chunky Kong made his way over to the door, begrudgingly sticking his head out to survey the weatherly occurrence. "Well?", he heard Lanky call from inside, "How's it look?"

With the fur on his head shifting and soaking from the combination of wind and rain that was currently torrenting outside, Chunky Kong managed to focus his gaze downwards, to the jungle floor and tree canopy. Shaking leaves, fallen branches, wet floors; All of this was normal for rainy weather in Kong country, storm or otherwise. "Nothing so far." He said as he turned his head to look to the gray skies above. "Just looks like a bunch of rain to me-" As he said this, his eyes widened, himself having caught sight of something rather... Uncharacteristic if Kong Island weather.

A barrage of wind and rain, brought together to form a falling typhoon. A typhoon which, at the moment, was heading straight downwards. Right for the treehouse.

Within an instant, his head was back in the hut, a panicked expression now adorning his face as he began to yell in a similar fashion towards the other Kongs. "NOT NOTHING! NOT NOTHING!" He yelled.

The Kongs however, simply looked to him as if he had gone mad, skepticism clear in their faces. After all, he did have the habit of overreacting. In fact, just as Diddy was about to voice these thoughts of his, he was quickly stopped as the treehouse began to violently shake, and groan.

Everyone in the room struggled to keep their footing, looking to one another in worry and panic as they did so. Donkey Kong was the only one with a relatively calm demeanor, his voice now piercing the suddenly deafening winds around them as he called out for his brethren.

“Everyone, hold onto something heavy!” He shouted, grabbing hold of one of the small houses spread about support beams. Everyone else gravitated towards Chunky Kong, clutching onto him as if for dear life... And he did not find this to be amusing.

"Oh haha. Very funny!"He yelled sarcastically, barely getting out the last of his sentence as the rest of the treehouse was violently yanked out of it's place, and high into the air.
------(10 minutes later)-------------

The act of being weightless was a new experience to the Kongs, but not exactly a pleasant one. Most of them were still holding onto Chunky, and whatever else they could find to be nailed down... Everyone except Lanky Kong.

“Blahoo!” He yelled in his version of 'woo-hoo', as he literally swam through the air, enjoying the feeling of flight with no wings. At least, for all of a few more seconds, until weight was finally returned to the house, Lanky momentarily widening his eyes as he then quickly slammed into the ground with a blubbering groan. Diddy barely held a laugh at this.

As the Kongs all sighed and groaned to themselves, Donkey Kong was the first to fully recover from their momentary state of shock and confusion, rubbing at his now sore shoulder as he looked over the group. "Everyone okay?" He called out, receiving several more groans in response. They were fine.

Sighing while the other Kongs continued to steady and fix themselves, Donkey Kong glanced to the front door once again, taking notice in the suddenly bright and clear lighting that permeated it. Without even a moment of hesitation, he did what Chunky had done moments earlier, and stuck his head outside to view their surroundings... This was how he realized that something was wrong.
Rather than be surrounded by large trees, often brimming with ripening bananas and the like, they were surrounded by much smaller, and lower to the ground trees, each growing apples instead.

"... Either I'm having that nightmare where all the bananas in the island turn into something different again, or we're not on Kong Island anymore." He said.

"What?!?" Diddy Kong exclaimed, quickly joining his leader, and father, in his place next to him, taking a glance of his own around the area. "Well, where are we?!" He continued. The gorilla just shrugged his shoulders in response, causing Diddy to let out a groan. “... Hey! Maybe I can find out with a little fly around!” He suggested, snapping his fingers as the idea came to mind.

“Hm... That's not a bad idea. Where's you put your jetpack?" Donkey Kong asked, him and his son plopping their heads back inside as the chimp jumped onto one of the ceiling supports, pulling at a tied down bag that rested there.

“Right here!" He said as he pulled it loose, placing around his arms and over his back. "And it's still full on coconut power too!” Activating his jetpack, a satisfying click coming from it as it extended to it's full and working state, Diddy did not waste another second, quickly jumping out of the nearest window and sending himself flying in a random direction.
~~~~Meanwhile On King K Rool’s Ship~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ugh. My head." The king complained as he rubbed his aching noggin. He and his crew had landed only a few seconds ago, and they had yet to recover from it. After all, they drove a flying ship. And, they had just landed on solid rock! Turning his attention to Discord, the crocodile king glared at him, ignoring his bumbling and stumbling goons and crew mates as they picked themselves up.

“I thought you were going to drop us in open water!” He yelled.

Discord chuckled at this. “Sorry, but theres no open water where I need you to be. Besides, this was the only place I could drop you; What with all the chaotic energy here.” The draconequus closed his eyes for a moment, taking in a deep whiff of the unorderly air that began to fill the vessel. "... Simply wonderful."

The crocodile felt a growl escape his throat at Discord distraction. “Where exactly is 'here'?!” King K. Rool demanded.
“Why, the Everfree forest, of course! The only chaotic place in this horrible land of peace and harmony... Sad, isn't it?” The dictator and captain rolled his eyes at this,

To confirm this the king ordering one of his minions to bring down a spotter lense to get a look around. Sure enough, all he could see once it was activated, was a dense and large forest.

“... Alright, fine, I'll believe you... But what now?! I can't exactly do much while we're stuck here! ” He exclaimed, raising his arm and rolling it to gesture around them as emphasis. Again, Discord chuckled.

“Well... I don't suppose you have that can... Cause for a bit of chaos do me to gain energy from... Do you?” He asked knowingly.

The king gave a toothy, almost sarcastic and cocky, smile at this. “... You're not familiar with my work... Are you?” Discord shrugged his mismatched shoulders. “Alright... CRUTCH! FRONT AND CENTER!” He yelled.

“SIR, YES SIR!” yelled a crocodile in return, saluting his King as he stood in attention.

“Send out the wasps and tell them they can do whatever. They. Want.” He said, a cruel tone entering his voice as he dotted every point of his sentence.

“Roger dodger sir!” Replied Crutch, as he darted towards another of the many rooms in the ship, eventually coming upon, and opening, a large cage full of wasps. He released several of them all at once, giving him the king's words as they made ther way out of the ship, and into the air of the new land.

"Whatever. They. Want."
~~~~~~~~~~Meanwhile~~~~~~~~~
Outside The Everfree Forest

Near Fluttershy’s Cottage
As this was going on, three certain, and oblivious, little fillies were going about their business. Business being their long unfolding quests to find their special talents, and in conjunction, their cutie marks.

At the moment, they were currently trying to earn them by catching butterflies. Fluttershy’s was a little nervous about this, considering the girls.. previous interactions with her animals and the like, but after the girls promised to be gentle with them, and a few puppy-eyed pleas, she said yes.

“Ah hope this works!” Said Apple Bloom, as she momentarily shook on her position.

“Don't worry! I'm sure it will!” Assured Sweetie Belle.

“Yeah! We just have to be gentle, like we promised!” Added Scootaloo.

“Ah will! Ah will.” In their attempts to find one of these butterflies, and carefully catch them, they had chased one down to the top of a tree. Being unable to reach it, or climb the tree by themselves however, they had improvised, forming a sort of tower with one of them atop the other in formation, Apple Bloom being on top.

Reaching her hoof forward, she had almost caught hold of the insect... Before a sudden of wind came, and took the bug with it. Along with this, the force of the breeze had been just enough to topple the weakly built tower of the fillies, dropping them all atop one another with shared groans and 'oofs'.

“Ah shoot!" Apple Bloom cried out as she stood herself up. "Ah almost had it too!”

Stretching out her uncomfortably bent leg, Sweetie Belle spoke up towards her friend. “That's fine. There are probably others around here anyways."

“Oh, um, girls," the fillies suddenly heard, recognizing Fluttershy's relatively silent voice with ease, "would you like to take a break? I made some sandwiches. And a small picnic." Said the butter yellow, shy pegasus.

"Yeah!"

"Totally!"

"Darn tootin'!"
-------------5minutes later---------
As the group of fillies ate their food, satisfied smiles on their faces as they occasionally conversed with one another, Apple Bloom's ear twitched, having begun to overhear an odd sound.

“Y'all hear that?” asked Apple Bloom. Her two friends looked to her curiously.

“Hear what?” asked Scootaloo.

“That... buzzing sound?” Described the farm filly in response.

“... Yeah... I hear it too... And its getting louder.” Said Sweetie Belle, her eyebrow raising as she glanced around the area.

“... Maybe its Fluttershy trying to ask the bees for their honey again?” Scootaloo speculated, cocking her head to the side as she did so. Her friends both shrugged their shoulders at this.

“... Maybe?” Said Apple Bloom. Deciding that it was that, and just that, Apple Bloom pushed the noise to the back of her head, focusing herself on her meal... At least, before she felt something grab hold of her sides, picking her up off of the floor. Her eyes widened as she quickly took notice that she wasn't the only one with this issue, her friends following close behind with similarly surprised, and fearful, expressions.

Turning their heads to look at the cause of the problem, they quickly caught sight of their apparent captors. Bees. Or, rather, wasps. And extremely large ones, at that.

“HELP!!!” They all cried out in unison, flailing their hooves to get back down to the ground as best as they could.

Fluttershy, having heard their calls from her nearby place, quickly went towards the noise, her eyes widening and a gasp escaping her as she saw that the fillies were currently being taken away, towards the Everfree. "Girls!" She yelled, flapping her wings as she struggled to catch up with them. In her mind though, she knew well that she was not like her friend, Rainbow Dash, and that she couldn't possibly catch up. As she went on though, continuing in what she knew to be vain as she flew after the large wasps, she suddenly heard an odd sound... An almost whirring sound. It wasn't until this sound, and an odd figure, shot by her, that she realized what it was... And was unsure of how to respond to it.

"I-... Is that monkey... Flying?"
~~~~~~~(P.O.V. CHANGE)~~~~~~

“Ugh! Stupid wasps! They always try to take what's not theirs... Though, I guess that this is a first." Diddy Kong said to himself as he glanced to the struggling and shouting horses that the oversized insects held. "Now, how do I take these things dow-” Before he continued, realization hit him like a truck, his face deadpan as he looked towards the two peanut pistols he had strapped to his jetpack. "... Duh."
~~~~~~(P.O.V. Switch)~~~~~~~~~
Just as suddenly as the crusaders had begun to lose their hope, already resigning themselves to whatever it may be that the wasps had in store for them, and odd popping sound began to fill the air.

Almost immediately after, the wasp that had held Apple Bloom up until this point suddenly let go, having been hit by something and knocked unconscious. Apple Bloom barely had a moment to register that she was falling, before, with an incredible amount of speed, something else picked her up mid-fall. For a time, she was too scared to open her eyes, worried that something worse had grabbed her. That is, until it spoke up.

“Got you! ... Ngh. You're heavier than you look." Cracking open her eyes, she was suddenly flooded with surprise as she caught sight of what looked like a small monkey to be holding her, an odd device strapped to his back, letting out small plumes of white smoke and keeping them raised above the ground.

The monkey raised his other available arm, pulling at what looked like a small stick until the larger device it was attached to shot out what seemed like, confusingly enough, a peanut. It soared to the wasp that held Sweetie Belle, striking the wasp and causing it to lose it's grip as it went down in a conciousless form. He was able to grab hold of the other filly easily enough, though he had a bit of issue hefting them up, but there was another problem. Two, in fact.

One, he could not hold the third pony with the other two in his grip. Let alone his peanut shooter to take out the last wasp.

Two, his jetpack could hold so much, and it was already beginning to sputter in it's weakness.

Before Diddy could even think of throwing in the towel though, he received help of an unexpected sort.

A bushel of grapes came from seemingly out of nowhere, hitting the wasp the last filly dead on, causing her, and it, to fall before she was caught by an orange and blue figure.

“Obla woah hup!" It said.
~~~~~~(P.O.V. SWITCH)~~~~~~~~
“Ha! Nice one Lanky!” Exclaimed Diddy as he began to lower himself, and the two fillies, towards his friend.

“Thanks.” The orangutan replied, the orange and purple filly in his grip looking to the two oddly.

“We should probably get these... Um... Horses?"

“Ponies.”

"Whatever, we need to get them back to where they were before. Follow me!"
~~~~~~(POV CHANGE)~~~~~~~~
Fluttershy could not help the tears that flooded from her eyelids, as she thought back to her failure in saving the fillies from those wasps... She knew her friends would never forgive her for this... And neither would she.
Then, suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Lifting her head, if only slightly, Fluttershy wiped as many of her tears from her face as she could, thinking that it was likely Twilight, or one of her many other friends... though, they likely wouldn't stay her friends for long.

As she opened the door though, she saw that this wasn't the case. Instead, there, at her door, were to odd monkeys, one of them having been seen by her previously, while other she had never even seen before.

“Excuse me,” said the red capped monkey, "are these yours?" Moving to his side, the chimp gestured towards three standing and smiling fillies, each of them unharmed.

She could not smile wide enough as she quickly embraces the three, repeating a thank you over and over again in her excited state.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much... Um..."

"Diddy Kong." The chimp added for her, noticing her struggle with the matter of his name. "And this is Lanky Kong." He continued, gesturing to the orange orangutan next to him, who waved a friendly wave in response.

"Now, um, if you don't mind us asking... Where exactly are we-"

"I thought you said you were going to ask her for a banana?"

"Darn it Lanky!"

Author's Note:

hey there guys comment and let me know what you think I am trying my best to make this a good story!

all editing credit gose to Brightlight24

Comments ( 1 )

We need more Donkey Kong crossovers on this site.

Login or register to comment