• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 763 Views, 3 Comments

The Marerainian Affair - Uncle Knot



A smile and a wave can mean more to a Princess than she would ever guess

  • ...
2
 3
 763

Applejack the school teacher

The smells of something good to eat invaded Jorge’s nostrils. He was hungry and after a long day of gathering supplies, and putting them in a storage room. It was time to eat, which is why he was in the kitchen. That was where Applejack was waiting.

“Hello Jorge” said Applejack

“Hello Miss Jack” said Jorge

“Hungry?” asked Applejack

“Yes, food sure smells good” said Jorge

“Thanks, been cooking all day” said Applejack “been figuring you’d get hungry and come here sooner or later”

“Well, here I am” said Jorge “You’d planning on saying something?”

“Are you makin fun of my accent?” asked Applejack

“A little” said Jorge

“Maybe you would prefer me talkin all prime and proper, like I did when I lived in Manehatten?”

“You in Marnhatten?” said Jorge “that must have been quite the sight”

“Save your flattering for the others” said Applejack “I got something important to learn ya”

“Alright, shoot” said Jorge

“Flirting with mares is okay as long as you COULD mean it, but flirting with fillies is trouble” said Applejack “some fillies might take it real personal like and get hurt”

“You mean like Pinky and Fluttershy?” asked Jorge

“No, I mean Twilight” answered Applejack

“She seems more mature than some” said Jorge

”In some ways she is” said Applejack “but when it comes to a stallion like you, she is over her head”

“Funny” said Jorge “we already had come to that conclusion”

“You did? When?” asked Applejack

“When we met earlier in the library” said Jorge

“You actually FOUND HER in HER library?” asked Applejack

“No” said Jorge “she found me”

“Well shucks” said Applejack “she may be ready for you, after all”

“So can I eat now?” asked Jorge

“No” answered Applejack “you can carry these plates out to the dining room and then set the table”

“Yes mame” said Jorge “right away mame”

With the table set, and the plates steaming, Applejack joined Jorge in the dining room.

“One last thing, I want to say to you” said Applejack

“Okay” said Jorge “Something like promise to never hurt her?”

“That would be nice” said Applejack “but so untrue”

“What do you mean?” asked Jorge

“We were sent into this world to learn to love and to learn to be loved. Learning involves practice, and practice means we’ll make plenty of mistakes. Those mistakes hurt, but that doesn’t mean we can stop practicing. It means we have to try even harder“ said Applejack.

“Sounds like some pony thought otherwise once” said Jorge

“I did” responded Applejack “I got hurt real bad, so I made some pony leave my life and promise never to come back”

“And now you wish otherwise?” asked Jorge

“The mistake we made together turned into something very wonderful” said Applejack “I sometimes wish he was here to share her with me”

“So you learned that the ponies that are easy to love bring us extra happiness” commented Jorge “and the ponies that are hard to
love bring us extra practice”

“Yup, kind of a win/win situation” said Applejack

“Well, for me” shared Jorge “Twilight is a win/win situation. Now or later, easy or hard, she is a win/win situation I could be real happy with for the rest of my life”

“I think we done learning you” said Applejack “ring the dinner bell”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment