• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 763 Views, 3 Comments

The Marerainian Affair - Uncle Knot



A smile and a wave can mean more to a Princess than she would ever guess

  • ...
2
 3
 763

Pinky's first kiss

Jorge and Pinky left the wub party as the sun began shinning down the street.

“Oh, I have to get to work." said Pinky "Follow me Jorge”

The two trotted down the street and arrived at the gingerbread house. Pinky left Jorge in the lobby as she dashed into the kitchen. Mr. Cake was already baking. The smells emanating from the ovens pulled Jorge into the kitchen.

“Don’t just stand there, help me with these muffins” said Pinky

“But I don’t …”said Jorge

“Put on these oven mitts and then put them on the table to cool." said Pinky "Then we’ll pop them out of the trays and into these boxes”

“Who is the new help Pinky?” asked Mr. Cake

“This is Jorge-ous. I stole him from Miss Melody. Can I keep him?’

“You’ll have to ask Mrs. Cake, but he’s doing a fine job. I will put in a good word for him. What do you think of that Jorge?”

“But I just, ouch, these muffins are hot. Hey, what are those?”

“Gumdrops, they make me giggle” said Pinky

“Giggles and gumdrops, that fits you Pinky” said Jorge

“Oh that’s nice, but try this” said Pinky

“Mmm, that’s chocolate, what do you call it?” asked Jorge

“A kiss of chocolate” commented Pinky

“Giggles and gumdrops and the sweetest kiss in Equestria” said Jorge

“Good morning Mrs. Cake, Jorge and I just shared our first kiss” said Pinky with a wink

“I thought I smell something burning." commented Mrs Cake "Let’s not waste all this heat. Whip up some more batter and pour it into these tins”

“So Jorge” interrupted Mr. Cake “when are you and Pinky getting married?”

“Married?” asked Jorge

“Silly, I’m not getting married to Jorge." said Pinky "He is a foreign prince, here to spy on Twilight, because his aunt and uncle think she has a nice smile”

“Jorge” said Mrs. Cake “take this box of muffins to the palace”

“But I was going to show him to the palace” said Pinky

“No, Pinky, you stay here with me." interrupted Mrs. Cake "We have a lot more baking to do, and we need to talk”

“But … “

“Don’t worry Jorge, you can’t get lost in Ponyville." said Mr Cake as he showed Jorge the door. "Just look for the big blue tree, that’s the palace”

Outside, Jorge could feel the warmth of the muffins escaping through the box into his shoulders. He wondered if he should be worried, Pinky had unmasked him, but something about the looks on the Cake’s faces convinced Jorge that Pinky was always saying strange things.

“Big blue tree?” said Jorge to himself

“Yup, it is right over there” said a feminine voice overhead. Jorge looked up to see a gray mare floating. She had a nice smile.

“You got muffins, I can tell, I can smell them”

“Yes, I have a box of muffins for the palace” said Jorge

“You better be careful," suggested Derpy "there is a certain pegasus, who might sweep out of the sky and steal them”

“Would this pegasus be gray?” asked Jorge

“Might be” suggested Derpy

“Maybe you’d better escort me," suggested Jorge "since I don’t want to get lost”

“That would be great," answered Derpy "I have mail to delever there, too”

“Hello my name is Jorge”

“Hello Jorge, I’m Ditsy Doo”

“Hello Ditsy Doo, that name sounds familiar. Are you related to Daring Do?”

“No, Daring Do is a fictional character created by A.K. Yearling. Did you think we were sisters or something?”

“Well, the ‘Do’ name and all” answered Jorge

“That would be silly, to be related to a fictional character. Besides A.K. Yearling is my real sister”

“Oh, congratulations," said Jorge "do you get to proof read her books before every pony else?”

“No, but I do notice little things in her books that only family would notice, but I have to be quiet about that, since her books are always in demand at the library.”

“Does Ponyville have a big library?”

“We used to, until one day it was gone, and in its’ place, poof, the new palace”

“What a shame to lose your library and get a palace. I hear stories about lofty aristocratic types doing stuff like that”

“Not at all. Twilight is turning the new palace into a library. She got a lot of books from the old castle and she is still our librarian”

“Princess Twilight Sparkle is the town librarian?”

“Yes, Twilight is doing a real good job at it. She even makes special story times for the little ones.”

“Really?”

“Yes, my little Dinky loves them. But you can asked Twilight yourself, we’re here”

“Should we knock?”

“Nay, Spike doesn’t like to get up early, so we just go straight in”

“Wow, it seems bigger on the inside” said Jorge

“I’ve said that before, but not here” responded Derpy with a grin

“So how do we find out where we are going?” asked Jorge

“The magic in the treehouse/library/palace is still rearranging itself. We have to want to go to a room to get there. Since we have muffins, let’s want to go have breakfast” answered Derpy

“Okay, so I just think that I want breakfast and go through a doorway and poof I’m in the breakfast nook”

“Oh, good morning” said Twilight

“Ah, good morning Princess Twilight Sparkle of Equestria”

“We brought muffins” said Derpy

“Hi Ditsy, who is your friend?” asked Twilight

“This is Jorge." answered Derpy "He and Pinky have been sharing kisses”

“Chocolate or butterscotch?” asked Twilight