• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 6,374 Views, 2,988 Comments

Transformers: The Requiem - JDPrime22



Over a year later after the terrible aftermath of the Decepticon invasion, Princess Twilight discovers something deep within the Everfree Forest, something not of her world.

  • ...
21
 2,988
 6,374

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 71-A New Army

A beast of flame and metal burst through the tree lines, stampeding down the mountain towards its target. It sent a tremendous roar across the landscape, frightening all who dared stand in its way. It could see the massive city dead ahead, and the bridge that led straight into it.

“Forward, Dinobots! To Manehattan!” Optimus Prime ordered, his sword jutted outwards.

Appearing from behind the great Dinobot commander and the Autobot leader riding him were three other beasts of mechanized horror. They flew down the mountain at breakneck speeds, fire and steam erupting from their mouths like steam engines put on throttle.

Slug dug his horns deep, growling the entire trip down the mountain towards the bridge.

Pinkie Pie and Applejack did all they could to hang on for dear life.

Snarl kicked up a plentiful of dirt and grass through his trail, not minding to tear apart several homes of woodland creatures along the way.

Fluttershy was horrified by such acts, but couldn’t argue and instead paid more attention to holding on to one of Snarl’s many outstretched spines, Rarity doing the same.

Swoop released a wicked screech into the near-afternoon sunlight, his path greatly ahead of the rest of his fellow Dinobots.

Spike screamed the entire time, gripping his claws around Swoop’s neck.





The five friends smiled to one another, the burning ashes of the Everfree falling across their gazes to join the scorched grass beneath their hooves. They turned to face Optimus Prime riding on the back of the powerful Grimlock once more, only to have their smiles instantly removed.

Slug was running right for them. Snarl as well.

They all flinched back in horror, preparing themselves for the pain of a thousand pounds of pressure and speed to run them over. But they felt nothing. Well, nothing except a few pounds of dirt landing on them.

Rarity was the first to open her brilliant blue eyes, only to shriek in horror at the dirt in her mane. She was instantly silenced by Applejack’s dirty hoof being pushed over her muzzle. Spike was the one to act first, for he was the one actually having the courage to stare at them.

The two Dinobots stood in front of the group, growling, eyes burning, steam erupting, but not fighting. Not killing.

“Dinobots…” Optimus Prime called out, bringing the attention of everyone below him. The two Dinobots looked up, passed Grimlock and optics locked with that of their superior.

Optimus pointed his sword to them. “We need these civilians safely transported back to the resistance headquarters.”

Slug and Snarl both growled silently, turning their heads back to the five terrified ponies. The baby dragon stood in front amongst the group.

Spike and the others watched as they all did something nopony could’ve guessed.

They bowed.

And then the rest was all too fast.

Slug approached first, digging his head into the ground and scooping up both Pinkie Pie and Applejack. The two Earth ponies screamed in surprise, but were both utterly amazed when the Dinobot flung them into the air and had them land safely and securely on his back.

Snarl acted the same, scooping up the terrified Fluttershy and shrieking Rarity with his forehead and launching them back to land right in-between his spines. They stopped their sputtering when they noticed where they were, smiling to one another.

Spike watched with a growing grin, but that instantly faded when he heard a screech behind him.

The baby dragon spun around, his eyes growing wide. He didn’t have enough time to scream when Swoop flew down and plucked him off the earth with his talons. Swoop then proceeded to fling the baby dragon in mid-air, having the flailing creature land right on his back.

Rainbow Dash witnessed the others get taken, but not her. She grinned madly, spreading her wings with determined eyes landing on Optimus and Grimlock.

Optimus noticed her rather quickly.

He nodded only once.

She took off to the skies.

And Optimus led the way.




The beating of her wings was all that the cyan Pegasus could hear, only for that to be soon drowned out by Grimlock’s roars echoing across the landscape. It’s been so long since she’s heard that roar. It’s been so long since she’s flown like she was doing now.

They both felt so good.

With one glance, Rainbow Dash sent a smirk Prime’s way as she trailed right up beside the Autobot leader and raging Dinobot. Optimus turned his head her way, nodding only once.

Rainbow Dash faced the mountain side again, her smile growing. Manehattan was approaching by the second, and Optimus had the army Spike had been talking about the entire trip. She could see the roadblock coming up ahead. Swoop led the way, sending a fireball right into the Alliance troopers guarding it.

Slug rammed the charred Alliance tanks aside, clearing a path for all the Dinobots to continue their advance into the city. Rainbow Dash grinned.

Time to take back what's ours.




Hunched over, hidden in the shadows, a lone bird sat silently from a tree that luckily wasn’t destroyed from the Dinobots’ rampage. Its yellow visor burned as it locked on to the eleven figures rushing straight for the Decepticons’ eastern settlement.

Four of them were the Dinobots, alive.

Five of them were the Element Bearers, alive.

One was Spike, Twilight’s dragon slave.

And the last one was Optimus Prime…

Laserbeak spread his wings, his boosters launching him off the tree branch. He flew all the way back to Canterlot, a brand new recording with him to show to his master.


Manehattan



“Wake up, Equestria! What protection have the Alliance brought us?! Nothing! What truth has Shockwave given us?! None! They’re in our land, holding us against our will and constantly breaking us down as the days tick away!”

An uproar from the crowd of Manehattan citizens followed. The lone unicorn stallion puffed out his chest, pointing his hoof behind him.

“I say we take back what’s ours! These Decepticons can’t hold all of us! This is our city, not theirs! Now…who’s with me?!”

The crowd of ponies exploded into ferocious cries. They stuck their hooves into the air, some even reaching down to scoop up stones and rubble scattered across the cement. The unicorn stepped forward, reaching down to pick up his own rock.

The stallion narrowed his eyes on the Alliance weapons cache, guarded by two watch towers and numerous Decepticon troopers and drones. Barbed wire lined the towers where two Decepticons patrolled silently, ignoring the crowd headed their way. That didn’t stop them. That didn’t stop any of them.

He was the first to throw the rock. It hit the side of the Decepticon soldier’s head.

Instantly, the trooper turned to face the road, noticing the group of ponies charging right for him. He silently mumbled, whipping out his assault rifle.

“Stupid equines,” the Decepticon muttered, catching the attention of the bot to his left. The second trooper brought his red visor to the road, watching as the crowd of screaming ponies suddenly drew nearer as each second passed.

“They never learn,” the second trooper added, pointing his rifle forward and firing a warning shot. The gravel erupted, causing the unicorn leading the mob to halt their rush. The two Decepticons watched as more rocks were flung their way, followed by the cries of hatred from the mob of ponies.

Several Decepticon drones flew right over their heads, weapons aimed at the crowd.

A mare and stallion at the far end of the street turned their heads over to the large commotion. Both of their eyes grew wide to see just another mob of angry Manehattan citizens going up against the Decepticons. Curses and rocks were thrown, followed by a few bullets ringing here and there.

“Honey,” the mare stated, pulling up her hood, “let’s get back home. I can’t watch anymore.”

The stallion nodded bitterly, his worn eyes lingering only slightly on the crowd chanting and screaming. He proceeded to step forward…only to feel a stone-hard hoof collide against his muzzle.

His wife’s screams filled the air.

The stallion hit the gravel with a sickening thud and a display of blood to travel down his broken muzzle. When he looked up, only one of his eyes not filled with blood, he could already witness a group of three Alliance soldiers surround his wife. The fourth stood in front of him, his iron hoof outstretched and wicked grin growing across his face.

Chuckling quietly and ignoring the constant cries of the mare behind him, the Alliance stallion stared down at the broken pony lying in the gravel. He smiled wide, pulling out a small parchment from his satchel.

He cleared his throat. Doing so blocked out the muffled screams from the mare currently being held down behind him.

“Late on your dues again, Mr. Flight? That’s a real shame. You know the punishment for being a month late,” the Alliance stallion spoke, low and threatening. He pushed the parchment back into his satchel, listening as the poor sap tried to sputter out some plea.

“P-please, sir! There hasn’t been any business ever since ponies started the boycott! You can’t blame me for not earning enough wages to pay for my dues!”

The stallion stared absentmindedly at his armored-covered hoof as the pony beneath him cried and cried again. He simply chuckled, frightening the stallion lying in his own blood.

“Of course…there is an alternative to the punishment you deserve, Mr. Flight.”

Flight’s eyes grew ten times wider.

“No… No, please, anything but that! Don’t bring her into this! Please, I’ll do anything!”

The Alliance soldier stomped his hoof into the cement twice.

On pure instinct, the three other Alliance troopers went to work on the mare in their grasp, starting with ripping the clothes from her body, exposing her to the filthiness of the city. The mare screamed as she was forcefully shoved to the earth, the hoots and hollers of the three stallions on top of her drowning out the combined forces of hers and her husband’s screams.

“What a pretty girl,” one of the stallions muttered, levitating the mare’s tail into the air with his magic, bringing her flank with it. “I’ll be sure to enjoy her…”

“Hey, I saw her first!”

“One at a time, fellas! We’ll all get a chance at her!”

The mare’s face was slammed to the cement, tears falling from her eyes as her screams echoed across the buildings. The soldiers didn’t even bother to keep her quiet. Like anypony would help.

Flight spread his wings, a new rage building inside of his chest. He rose from the gravel, grinding his teeth together as the cries from his wife filled his heart with strength to fight. Of course, that fight didn’t last long.

The Alliance stallion shot him in the foreleg, bringing him down to earth once more.

A searing hot poker was jammed into Flight’s foreleg, eliciting a painful roar from the stallion. He fell flat on his side, his teary eyes looking up to stare right down the barrel of an Alliance blaster.

He could cry no more.

He simply lost his breath.

His wife’s screams filled the air.

The end of the blaster began to glow blue, and that’s when he shut his eyes…

The stallion standing before him simply vanished, and that’s when he opened his eyes.

Flight lifted up his head, watching as the world suddenly slowed down. He witnessed a blue blur so quick that it actually managed to tackle the Alliance soldier as well as knock the three others into the nearest pawn shops. He could still see it, the blue blur as it soared down the road and launched a screaming projectile right into a building side.

The projectile was the Alliance soldier.

The blue blur was the one and only Rainbow Dash.

The roars that followed were heard around the world.

Flight instantly got out of the road, gently tending to his injured wife as he did so. The couple scooted backwards safely onto the sidewalk, their faces lighting up with pure shock at what was stampeding down the road. The mare gasped silently and held onto her husband’s strong hoof. Flight simply couldn’t take in a breath.

Optimus Prime came in down the road, riding a tyrannosaurus rex that was unmistakably Grimlock. The duo stopped right in front of the standoff between the crowd of enraged Manehattan citizens and the Decepticon/Alliance supply depot. All eyes turned to the two giants, all eyes grew once the larger began to breathe in, and all equine eyes shut tight as the flames flew over their heads.

Not a single pony burned. The Decepticons, however, met a very tragic fate.

The crowd turned their attention over to the supply depot burning down with Decepticons running amuck and shooting at nothing. Their bodies were incinerated as the flames kept coming and coming with no intention to stop. However, they did stop, and the creature responsible stood back and watched.

The supply depot erupted.

Tanks, weapons, ammunition, all Alliance based weaponry were scattered across the road, only a few pieces of shrapnel landing inside the crowd. They did not care one bit. The mob of ponies shouted in victory.

Flight and his wife sat on the sidewalk together, watching as a Decepticon supply depot was simply eradicated in mere seconds. Optimus Prime leaned back, bringing the beast he rode on back as well. The two stood there, allowing three others to run wildly past them.

The two ponies held each other tighter as more of the beasts raged on down the road, with strange, feminine screams coming from them. Flight stared upwards to witness Optimus point his sword out, Grimlock beneath charging forward with the rest of the mechanized horrors tearing apart Manehattan. And it didn’t end there.

It did not end there.

Not so easily.

“Attention! Attention! All Manehattan units to downtown this instant! Enemy invaders are heading right for the headquarters! This is not a drill! I repeat, this is not a drill!”

Announcements rang throughout the massive city under Alliance and Decepticon control. Sirens flared. Drones soared. Jets tore apart the skies. Alliance and Decepticon forces entered the streets in countless groups from building sides and shadows. They took their positions, receiving orders from their sharpshooters on the rooftops. Decepticons did just the same, receiving orders from their fliers.

There were no more orders. All lines were silent. They did receive one, however…

Something was coming for them. Something was coming downtown.

Alliance soldiers aimed down the barrels of their blasters, eyeing the streets cautiously as the earth continued to tremble. Sweat fell from almost every head; mane’s sticking to faces, sweat blinding their field of vision. It was only so long before the Decepticon reinforcements showed up to aid.

Once the Decepticon reinforcements entered the streets, it was already a massacre.

“Charge!”

Only one word was announced before falling under the hail of gunfire and primitive battle cries.

Optimus Prime led the way riding a horrific monster straight from Tartarus, two other beasts behind him. The Alliance and Decepticon forces opened fire on the invaders. Shells danced across the gravel, blue and yellow bullets sailing down the road only to scratch the tough exteriors of the Dinobots.

The intruders moved in closer every second, and no bullet was stopping them.

Grimlock cleared the first wave with a breath of fire and flame, burning alive all the traitorous ponies and Decepticon forces. Roadblocks were shattered to nothing but dust as the rampaging Dinobot stomped forward. Only half of the roadblock had been destroyed, and the forces that survived turned their weapons towards Prime and his beast.

A terrible, horrible mistake.

Slug jammed his horns downwards, skewering the first two Decepticons in his path. The roadblock erupted into several fragmented shards, impacting the sides of the buildings and surviving Alliance ponies. Snarl followed suit, stomping on anything in his way. The ponies atop their backs screamed the entire time.

The first roadblock had been shattered, leaving open the full Manehattan squadron. However, they were not to fall down so easily. Decepticon Jets had already begun to fly below the rooftops where Alliance snipers stood ready to get a good shot at Prime’s optics. With the murder of their fellow soldiers in the streets, the sharpshooters aimed their reticles on Prime, their hooves landing on the triggers.

“Take out their eyes!”

The rooftops blew up.

The Decepticon Jets exploded, sending debris all across the road and killing several unfortunate Alliance ponies with it. All eyes turned towards the skies, a horrifying sight gracing them.

Swoop dove down, a fireball sent straight towards the last jet. The terrified Alliance forces and dwindled Decepticon forces turned back towards the road, towards the fight.

It was no longer a fight, it was a slaughterhouse.

And everyone knew it.

“Retreat! Out of the city now!

It was full-fledged panic from that moment on. Alliance Pegasi took to the skies while Decepticons, who were able, transformed and flew off. Those poor souls that still remained in the streets tried to make a run for it, only to be mowed down by the strength of the Autobots.

Ponies were burnt alive and crushed. Decepticons were torn apart and charred to a crisp. Any fleeing members were in small numbers and escaping very rarely. Any other flyer was immediately brought down by Swoop circling the skies.

Grimlock skidded to a halt, his feet tearing apart the road.

Optimus Prime breathed in heavily, his blue optics scanning the death-filled streets of Manehattan. Every here and now he would see an Alliance soldier dragging away one of their dead or wounded, but that was it. All the drones in the city scattered the streets, destroyed alongside numerous Decepticon fatalities.

And yet it was not over.

Prime knew they would be back, stronger, better, with the intent for revenge.

His thoughts were cut short by an energetic Pegasus flying up to his side. Prime brought his eyes onto her. Rainbow Dash saluted, sweat and ash covering her face and body.

“Entire city’s cleared, Prime! Those losers are running down the bridge right now with a trail of tears following them,” she explained, nearly out of breath with her wings barely keeping her above ground.

Optimus nodded, pointing his sword towards the rest of downtown. “Good. Now, get Princess Celestia and the others out in the streets at once. We will rendezvous with you shortly. Tell them…that Optimus Prime has returned…and it is time to bring forth our freedom.”

“Buck yeah it is,” she mumbled, a victorious grin spread across her muzzle. She saluted once more and took off down the street. Her rainbow trail stretched across the bloody bodies in the streets, both Decepticon and pony, all evil.


Celestia only needed one look to know what had happened.

Rainbow Dash pushed open the heavy, rusty doors that encaged them for so long. It was so long since Celestia had seen her sunlight, so long since she’s felt it. Stuck underground in the wretched sewers had nearly wounded her internally. Now, she was rejuvenated, her sunlight filling her soul with new life.

As she and her sister stepped into the streets with an over-excited Pegasus leading them, one look was all that was needed to compromise what had happened. Princess Cadance gasped and leaned closer into her husband, Shining Armor. The resistance captain held his wife tight, allowing ponies that had been underground with him to pass.

One look was all that was needed.

One look told the tale.

The Equestrian Resistance stepped into the streets of Manehattan, Autobots and ponies united.

Dead bodies littered the streets, but not the kind of bodies the resistance would worry over. Decepticon body parts were scattered to and fro. Alliance troopers lay as bloody messes, their dark crimson blood mixing with that of the Cybertronian life force.

There they saw the Elements all together, Spike included. They saw two heavily mechanized beasts of war with burning steam erupting from their maws clawing at the cement. They witnessed a large beast fly below the buildings and actually hover above them, above their heads, where their eyes were all drawn to the main spectacle.

Optimus Prime sat atop the back of Grimlock.

Princess Celestia actually managed a smile for the first time in over a month, for this was what Rainbow Dash was telling them about. This was the freedom she explained, this was the hope they could believe in. For once since the depression, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna actually managed a smile.

Optimus stared directly at the solar goddess from his position. Grimlock silently growled.

Prime spoke. The Autobot leader spoke directly to her.

“Let the enemies know we’re here…and the revolution is waiting for them.”

Grimlock roared.

PreviousChapters Next