• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 6,374 Views, 2,988 Comments

Transformers: The Requiem - JDPrime22



Over a year later after the terrible aftermath of the Decepticon invasion, Princess Twilight discovers something deep within the Everfree Forest, something not of her world.

  • ...
21
 2,988
 6,374

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 63-The Fall of Canterlot

Disbelief. The one word the two sisters could feel at the same time.

In a world of magical creatures, magical charms, powerful beasts from the darkest remnants of Tartarus, both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna hardly found anything they didn’t believe in that seemed to be folklore. In Equestria, on Equis, almost anything was possible.

So why now? Why was it so hard to believe?

They were lied to.

Betrayed.

Attacked.

Disbelief. The one word the two sisters could feel at the same time.

The two sat in the throne room of Canterlot Castle, watching as the dark clouds of war slowly fell upon the land. Celestia’s sunlight was blocked, not even her power strong enough to pierce the darkness. Luna could do nothing but watch alongside her older sister and stare out the window, stare out into the war.

Appleloosa was gone, wiped off the map. A town of such small size, it wasn’t even a challenge for the Decepticons. With their immense power, their immense evil, they attacked yet again and broke their promise. Lives, uncountable lives were lost. It was happening all over again.

Celestia knew of this. Luna knew of this. They would not stay hidden this time. Under their order, all Royal Guard were forced to return back to Canterlot for the defensive. The Royal Guard commanders denied such an action, saying that the other Equestrian cities needed protection.

But it was a feeling, a dark feeling the two both felt staring into the eyes of their Royal Guard commander. First it was Vanhoover, then Las Pegasus, Cloudsdale, Appleloosa…and the nearest settlement after that.

Ponyville. Canterlot.

They needed Twilight’s friends out of Ponyville. They needed the Autobots to be safe. They needed their guard back home, because they were right.

Something glowed inside of the cloud, something…purple.

They were coming.

Just then, the twin doors burst open, and galloping inside came a guard completely out of breath. He removed his helmet, sweat dripping down his face as if he had just run ten miles without quitting.

Celestia and Luna turned to face the guard, their eyes still wide.

He took in a few breaths to collect himself, and then explained quickly. “Your highnesses…I regret to inform you that our watchtower has located the Decepticon warship several miles out of Canterlot’s airspace. Following it were several hundred Alliance airships. They’ll be here in an estimated twenty minutes at best!”

The Alicorns continued to stare at him blankly.

The guard continued. “As of your order to regroup the Royal Guard…well…most of the guards are still placed in surrounding cities across the country. They won’t be able to make it in time before the Decepticons enter the city. For the defensive all we’ll have will be groups seventeen through twenty-five, but even then it won’t be enough to protect all of Canterlot! Commander Silver Wing is on the frontlines awaiting your orders…”

His mane stuck to his forehead, completely damp. The guard gulped down no saliva, for his mouth was too dry. He asked, “Which would be what, your highnesses?”

The two sisters turned to stare at one another, their eyes filled with mixtures of worry, pain, and suffering. Both held the same feelings towards one another, the same emotions, the same choices. Celestia was the first to stand, followed by her little sister. Together, in harmony, they faced the guard standing before them.

None could betray the emotions they felt inside.

Celestia forced herself to.

“Continue the evacuation of the city. Prepare whatever guard we have remaining, be them Lunar or Royal. We will fight together, we will unite as one, and we will defend Canterlot,” Celestia exclaimed. The guard saluted, bolting out the door.


Nopony paid any heed to the Elements of Harmony stepping off the train. In fact, ponies rushed by the five Elements, even knocking Fluttershy on her back and nearly trampling her.

Luckily, she was picked up by Rainbow Dash and flown over to a safe location on the side of train. The rest of Rainbow’s friends arrived by their sides to watch as ponies nearly killed each other to board the train.

“Holy horse apples! These fancy-shmancy ponies are actin’ up like a herd of cattle! What do ya think spooked ‘em all?” Applejack drawled, turning her head to her friends for an answer.

They didn’t even need to open their mouths, for when the Autobots all transformed and hopped over the train, the citizens of Canterlot screamed in fear. The six Autobots looked around, lifting up their feet so ponies didn’t run into them. Even then they screamed, rushing to board the train faster.

Optimus Prime broke the chains that held him down from the back of the train, and he was just as surprised as everybody else to witness the train station and the scene that graced it.

Just as the five ponies and baby dragon arrived in Canterlot, Autobots by their side the entire way, it was total and complete pandemonium.

Ponies were fleeing from their houses and boarding the train right then, others flew out of the city by air balloon or if they were Pegasi. Families filled their carriages to the brim with clothes, items of rarity, supplies, or food. It was a traffic jam in the streets, ponies screaming at one another to hurry up while carriages continued to bump into each other.

The five mares had no idea what was happening, nor did the Autobots or the baby dragon that followed right behind them. However, once Applejack told them all to stop, all of their eyes landed on the rows and rows of Royal Guard marching down the street ahead of them.

Many of them were forcing ponies out of their homes.

One of them pressed his strong hoof on Applejack’s chest.

“Element of Honesty, by the order of the Royal Sisters we need to inform you that Canterlot is being evacuated!” he shouted. The mares behind Applejack cringed, but the guard didn’t care. He needed to shout. He needed to shout because it was already so loud from the terrified cries of Canterlot’s civilians.

The guard looked up, quickly taking notice of the seven giants standing behind them. He nodded, licking his dry lips. “Alright, the Autobots are here,” he said, staring into Applejack’s eyes once again. “I can take you all to the princesses! They want to meet with you!”

Applejack opened her mouth to speak, but Rainbow Dash beat her to the punch.

“Well, what are we waiting for?! The end of the world won’t wait forever!” she exclaimed from her position slightly above her friends.

The guard straightened up, gripping his spear.

“Right… Follow me!” he shouted starting off to a slow trot through the crowded streets of Canterlot. The five mares followed right behind him, the baby dragon continuing to hold onto Rarity’s hoof for guidance, for protection.

Spike looked up. On the rooftops he saw Royal Guard preparing crossbows, cannons, and ballista, all magically tampered so that they’re projectiles were explosive based. The dragon continued to scan around. It was on every rooftop, every street, ever inch and corner. Canterlot wasn’t just being evacuated…it was being prepped for war.

“I’m not feeling easy with those cannons pointed towards the sky. It makes me feel like something’s gonna attack from above,” a voice stated, a bit shaky.

Spike spun his head around, noticing quickly that the voice came from Cliffjumper, the red Autobot practically cowering as they traversed through the streets.

Ironhide shook his head, groaning. “Just be grateful some cannons aren’t being pointed at us for a change!” he pointed out, his hand motioning towards himself.

Cliffjumper felt a chill run across his servos as he continuously eyed the skies. “I don’t trust anything that floats five feet above the ground,” he stated, remembering the jet that blew him halfway across Ponyville. “It isn’t natural to be floating, or flying for that matter. It’s much safer on the ground. Anything that flies is just completely unnatural.”

“Ahem!”

Cliffjumper brought his gaze away from the dark clouds and onto the rainbow-colored pony staring at him with narrowed eyes. Her expression was bemused, her eyes were accusing, and her wings kept her much higher than five feet above ground. Jetfire and Drift joined Rainbow’s accusing stare, along with the silent Fluttershy who remained on the earth.

Those five stopped in their tracks. Cliffjumper’s optics grew wide, his hands raised in defense.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! Okay…um…wow, I-I didn’t mean it like that! Okay…?” he managed to spill out, the stares he received only increasing. “Hehe… W-what I really meant to say was anything that floats above ground is completely natural and not weird at all and totally doesn’t freak me out!”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes, blowing a strand of her mane away from her vision. “Yeah…sure,” she grumbled, flying low to catch up to her friends. Both Drift and Jetfire merely looked at each, shaking their heads in unison.

“Oh, come on! I swear I didn’t mean it like that! Come on, guys!” Cliffjumper yelled, running to catch up. He spotted Ironhide’s backside. “Ironhide, buddy, you can back me up on this one, right? I’m totally not prejudice to flying people…they just creep me out is all!”

Ironhide stuck out his arm, Cliffjumper perfectly ramming his forehead into it and landing flat on his back.

“Shut it, kid!” Ironhide hissed, reaching down and bringing Cliffjumper to his feet. He pointed passed the other Autobots and onto the road ahead of them. “It’s them,” he muttered quietly.

Cliffjumper followed his finger. He saw them.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

They were standing together in front of Canterlot Castle, giving orders to several high ranking guards that surrounded them like piranhas to a fresh batch of meat. Applejack watched as the guard that led them to the princesses bowed politely and galloped away to join his fellow guard in their march throughout Canterlot. That left a clear shot straight to the princesses.

“Princess Celestia! Princess Luna!” Rainbow Dash shouted, flying right over her friends to get to the two Alicorns. Rarity and Applejack both rolled their eyes, but followed her rainbow trail nonetheless. As they followed Rainbow Dash, so did the rest of mares, followed by Spike and the Autobots.

Their giant footsteps practically caused an earthquake in Equestria’s capital.

Celestia and Luna both turned to see the seven gentle giants approach their position. But they weren’t the first. Rainbow Dash, one of Twilight’s closest friends, arrived by the hooves of Princess Celestia, bowing so low that her nose touched gravel. The rest of Twilight’s friends arrived right behind her, bowing just the same.

Neither Prime, nor any others bowed. Well, except for Drift.

“We got your letter and came here as fast we could,” Rainbow Dash spoke, her voice scratchy. She stood up, her eyes looking down to the side. “Well…as fast as we all could.”

Both Celestia and Luna acknowledged the presence of all who had arrived. The remaining Elements; Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy were all accounted for. The Autobots included Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz, Ironhide, Jetfire, Cliffjumper, and the newest member Drift. Finally, there was Spike. Yes, all accounted for. All safe.

“I want to thank you all for receiving our letter and completing what we have asked of you,” Celestia began, hiding the terrified whimpers in her voice.

Luna nudged her gently, saying, “Not enough time, sister.”

Celestia nodded, her eyes shifting to all that stood in front of her. “I’ll make this short. As you all might have heard the Decepticons have attacked and destroyed Appleloosa, thus destroying the promise they made with us. The reason I’ve called you all to Canterlot was because of the Decepticon advance, we didn’t know if they were going to strike down Ponyville or Canterlot first.”

“Don’t you worry none, yer highness,” Applejack exclaimed, taking off her hat. “Ah had Discord escort everypony out o’ Ponyville just in case.”

Both princesses let loose a heavy sigh of relief, smiling in satisfactory.

“Then Ponyville’s lives will be safe, which gives us all the assurance we need to focus more on defending Canterlot and evacuating the civilians,” Luna explained, earning a nod from Celestia.

Two large footsteps erupted from behind, forcing all heads to turn towards the seven giants. Optimus held his position in front, his fists clenching as he stared down at the ruler of Equestria. He asked, “What can we do to help?”

Celestia spread out her right wing. Everyone turned to see the Royal Guard preparing all sorts of weapons to be stationed on rooftops and balconies. “As of now we have the Royal Guard preparing the defenses when the Decepticons and the Alliance arrive. You can all assist in the defense, it will be greatly appreciated.”

Ironhide chuckled, activating his X18 Scrapmaker that covered his entire right arm. He growled, “Finally, I’ve been itchin’ to try this thing out on some Decepticon punks.”

All heads turned back to Celestia. She spread out her left wing towards the direction of several ponies being directed towards the train station by whatever Royal Guard there were.

“Or you can help Canterlot’s civilians make it out of the city,” Celestia finished, turning her grateful eyes towards the Autobots. Most had their weapons out, ready to fight. All but one. She sighed contently at Optimus Prime, a smile finally returning to her lips.

“I need to thank you all for helping us in this time, especially you, Optimus,” the princess said, closing both of her wings. Optimus Prime nodded, letting her continue. “Princess Twilight…she believed that you could lead us all to victory with her sacrifice. She believed that you were the leader this world needed to look up to in these dark times. And as always…she was right.”

Optimus couldn’t bear to look into her eyes, and he looked away, ashamed.

He felt a soft hand rest on his shoulder, and Prime turned his head back to see Drift smiling softly at him. Optimus reached back and placed his hand onto Drift’s.

Optimus Prime sighed, facing Celestia. He needed to tell her, tell her the truth.

And he needed to do it fast.

“Celestia, I-”

A bright flash blinded nearly everybody in the area, including the princesses and all the Autobots. Though they were all temporarily blinded, they were not deaf, and the voice that followed afterwards cleared away all the confusion.

“Where am I? Canterlot! Finally, my fast travel worked for once! Last time I appeared in the belly of a pregnant dragon! Tell me about awkward!"

Everyone sighed.

Applejack and her friends looked up to see Discord completely covered in soot with the tip of his tail on fire. He spun his head completely around, smiling down at the five mares. Applejack’s jaw dropped, a glare growing on her face.

“Ah though Ah told ya to get everypony out!” she screamed, pointing her hoof accusingly at the draconequus.

Discord held up his hands in defense, saying, “I did! Everypony is safe inside Celestia’s and Luna’s old castle in the Everfree Forest. There was just some…complications afterwards.”

“What kind of ‘complications’ are you talking about?” Rainbow Dash asked, her scowl almost on par with Applejack’s.

The creature of chaos landed softly on the gravel, his claws tapping together in nervous spasms. He smiled down at the ponies, his eyes wide. He looked up at the Autobots, his eyes growing wider. And he looked at the two princesses behind him, his eyes popping like balloons.

After inflating two new eyes, Discord placed each in a socket and scoffed quietly. “Sorry about that. It happens whenever I don’t blink for a long time.”

“Just tell us what the complications were!” everypony shouted, Luna included and Celestia excluded.

Discord snapped his fingers, but strangely didn’t disappear. “Oh, yeah,” he said, “the Decepticons have just invaded Ponyville. I tried to fight back but they fired this giant, purple beam at me. This beam resonated from this object one of them was holding…”

He snapped his fingers again, and an image of what appeared to be the Matrix of Leadership spray-painted silver and purple hanging over his head. The five mares stared at it strangely, as did the Autobots. All except for one.

Drift’s jaw hung open, his Energon reaching freezing points.

“Oh, yeah, and the Decepticons were headed here next,” Discord finished dully, looking at his wristwatch, “in about three…two…one.”

Before Celestia or anypony could respond to Discord antics, or before Rainbow Dash could rip him apart for not telling them earlier, a large BOOM caught everypony’s attention. It wasn’t a sound that was heard through the air. It was, but there was so much more to it. There was feeling in the earth, in the mountain, that the sound created. And it was felt in the bones of the princesses.

There was a scream.

Another explosion.

Something falling.

Everybody looked up. The entire city looked up to see the Nemesis enter Canterlot, its dark shadow bringing down an entire building.

PreviousChapters Next