• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 6,350 Views, 2,988 Comments

Transformers: The Requiem - JDPrime22



Over a year later after the terrible aftermath of the Decepticon invasion, Princess Twilight discovers something deep within the Everfree Forest, something not of her world.

  • ...
21
 2,988
 6,350

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 77-All Hail Princess Twilight


I’m dead.

Bright lights illuminated the dark bridge.

I’m dead.

The smell of burning Energon and fresh flame was quick to come.

Why do I breathe?

He stared into the eyes of a fallen stallion, blood leaking out of the poor pony’s eyes and mouth.

My soldiers… What happened?

Bullets and rocket blasts filled his eardrums. The strong, afternoon wind rushed within the Nemesis’ bridge with warmth accompanying it. Noctune, the stallion still lying on his side, slowly pressed his hooves against the metal ground, propelling himself upwards.

A massive hole in the Nemesis’ bridge stood profoundly in front of the dazed stallion. Noctune could see magical blasts blow apart the sky from the outside, followed by legions of Decepticon Jets flying overhead. Noctune hardly remembered a thing after the explosion. He was lucky to have survived, and let his soldiers take the fall.

The bridge of the Nemesis was not so lucky.

Computers and wires were strewn across the entire floor, giving the bridge a similar tone to a garbage dump rather than the Decepticon flagship. Afternoon sunlight poured in through the large hole created after the explosion, and in that light a being emerged.

Shockwave gripped the nearest panel to pull himself up.

Noctune cringed in pain while taking a step forward. He looked down and noticed a deep gash in his right foreleg. It was bad, but not too bad for him to handle.

“Shockwave…” Noctune croaked, clearing his throat and grinding his teeth to contain the pain rushing through his body. “Wanna tell me…what the hell that was all about?!”

The Decepticon scientists gripped the panel with his right hand, a growl emanating from his vocal processor. Noctune could clearly tell the Decepticon was in pain, but remained silent and refused to acknowledge it right as Shockwave began speaking.

“That…my friend…was an attempted break-in…or a successful break-in.”

“What are you talking about?” Noctune hissed, limping over until he was right behind the towering alien.

Shockwave pulled to him the nearest computer console. The imagery was static for a few moments, but soon enough the screen came to life and showcased a sight that made Noctune’s blood freeze, then quickly melt and begin to boil.

Five very recognizable mares were traversing through the halls of the Nemesis, an Autobot with them.

Shockwave tapped the screen a few times, slowly shaking his head. “That missile scrambled nearly all the inner workings of the Nemesis’ database. I cannot acquire connection to Princess Twilight’s cell, and with these mares inside it is only logical to assume they would be searching for her.”

Noctune cursed silently.

He heard him mumble. Shockwave spun around until his purple optic landed on the lone standing equine.

“You…” Shockwave addressed, pointing his large finger at the pony. Noctune stared up at him with an eyebrow raised. “I need you to gain access to Princess Twilight’s cell and see if it is still intact. Until I can arrange one of the Decepticons to hunt down these intruders, I need you to make sure nothing gets to that princess!”

“If they get Twilight,” Noctune breathed, blood leaking from his forehead, “it’s all over.”

Shockwave bitterly nodded.

Noctune only responded with a quick nod before galloping right through the busted doors and into the dark halls of the Nemesis.


It didn’t even take that long to find her.

He was surprised he hadn’t run into the rest of the Elements or the Autobot, probably because he had passed Twilight holding cell when he and his two soldiers boarded the Nemesis earlier that day. He knew where she was, where that traitorous little scum cowered.

The doors split apart into three sections, revealing the sweating, heavily-breathing stallion on the other side.

Twilight Sparkle lifted up her head in alert, her worn eyes landing on the dark stallion on the outside of the room. Through the bars, Twilight could see him step into the room, one hoof at a time. She growled as his presence grew closer to hers, his emotionless stare grinding against her glare.

There she was. Princess Twilight was still secure, and not an intruder in sight.

There he was. Noctune was standing before her, and a not a glimpse of life in his eyes.

She was the first to break the silence rifting between the two.

“Why are you here?” she questioned, her voice dry. Noctune remained silent, his eyes scanning her up and down. She hissed, “Here to finish Shockwave’s work?”

“Not at this moment,” Noctune muttered, turning his head away. “Shockwave only wanted you to have a guest is all. I’ll be standing outside the door if you need me.”

He spun around, preparing his exit.

“Taking orders from Shockwave now? I bet that stings.”

He stopped, frozen solid.

Twilight smirked.

“You clearly don’t understand how a partnership works, Sparkle,” Noctune growled, not even turning to face her.

Twilight responded, still lying in her cell. “You clearly don’t understand what’s been going on here this whole time! Shockwave’s been pulling you along like a puppet, using your army’s strength to further his conquest of Equestria! And when he’s done with you, he’s just going to toss you away like the pawn he called you!”

Noctune remained silent.

“He told me himself! Shockwave’s doesn’t care who you are, what you did for him, or anything else you’ve sacrificed just so you could appease him! All Shockwave cares about is saving Cybertron, and he’ll destroy Equis and every living thing on it to do so…including you!

The dark brown stallion did not respond, so she continued.

“Shockwave’s been playing everypony this whole time! And you’re just too thick-headed to realize-!”

Her words fell silent. Noctune slowly began to turn his head back, but the expression on his face was anything what Twilight was suspecting. His eyes were calm, half-lidded and peaceful. He gave her a knowing smile, not even showing his teeth.

Noctune began with a question.

“You think I don’t know that?”

Twilight didn’t speak. He continued.

“You think I don’t know that Shockwave was gonna betray me in the end? You think I’m that thick-headed to allow that alien freak to destroy Equis? Well, guess what, princess?”

Noctune turned around and faced her, moving his muzzle closer to the bars. Twilight began to crawl back. He spoke in a dark, deathly whisper.

“Shockwave has no idea what’s coming for him by the time the sun sets today. By the end of today, the Autobots…the Decepticons…your resistance…and the princesses are all going to d-”

His words were interrupted by the wall ripping apart behind him.


Earlier…

Nemesis Inner Sanctum




“…Twilight?”

“…”

“Twilight, you in there?”

“…..”

“TWILIGHT?!”

“Shhhhhh!”

Everypony stopped what they were doing and turned towards the pink mare, shushing her quite loudly. Pinkie popped her head out from the dark tunnel she was facing and turned to meet the group glaring at her. She blushed innocently.

“Sorry,” she whispered.

Applejack slammed a hoof against her face, groaning into it. “Pinkie, this is the fourth time we told ya ta knock it off with the yellin’! What if someone or something hears us?”

Pinkie shot her hoof up into the air, her eyes beaming like a little filly.

“Oh! Oh! Oh! Pick me! Pick me!”

Applejack groaned loudly, shaking her head.

Her annoyance only increased with no end in sight. As if a helping of Pinkie’s silliness—and randomness, don’t forget the randomness—didn’t help to reach Applejack to the breaking point, it was Rainbow Dash’s ego that took the cake, the punch, and practically the whole party.

“Well, if something did hear us, I doubt it would last ten seconds against all five us and an Autobot!” the cyan Pegasus boasted, flying up into what little room she could acquire.

“Let’s not jump to conclusions…” Jetfire muttered, leaning in to peek towards the room to his left. Empty, just like the others.

That didn’t stop Rainbow Dash, and she showed her enthusiasm by taking the lead, which used to be Applejack’s position in the group. Leaving the said farmpony behind, Rainbow Dash proceeded to continue casually down the dark hall, her eyes closed and a strong smile tugging at her lips.

“Think what you guys wanna think, but the only conclusion I'm looking forward to is when we get Twilight out of this dump, save Equestria, and destroy any Decepti-creep dumb enough to try and stand in our wa-!”

She walked right into a wall.

The multiple gasps from behind her told a different tale.

Backing off and rubbing her nose, Rainbow slowly began to examine just what kind of wall she ran into. It was very bulky from her current position, and she continued to go higher it continued to stand out. Multiple glowing lights flowed like veins across the outer surface, only to be miniscule compared to the glowing purple rectangle resting in what appeared to be the center of the wall.

It was at that moment did the foolish Pegasus realize that it wasn’t a wall she walked into.

The Decepticon symbol gave her the answer.

The glowing red visor stared her down.

Soundwave.

Fluttershy screamed. No point being quiet now.

Rainbow Dash backpedaled away in total shock, her eyes glued to the towering Decepticon blocking their path. Once she was joined together with her friends, the five quickly made a U-turn and prepared to make their escape.

However, beneath Jetfire’s mighty legs, another terror stood ready to pounce. Its glowing yellow eyes pierced the minds of the five mares standing before it. It growled silently, each claw scraping against the cold, metal floor.

Ravage.

Applejack gulped.

“Ravage…attack!”

The beast stood ready to pounce, and it would have if it weren’t for the large foot connecting to its lower abdomen, sending he robotic feline flying into a spare room to the far left. The five mares all watched from the ground as Jetfire immediately took action after his stunt, lunging towards Soundwave.

All immediate fears were stored away, locked down into the deepest remnants of his broken mind. Jetfire jumped forward, connecting his fist perfectly into Soundwave’s face. The Decepticon flew backwards, landing several yards away deeper into the darkness. All that could be seen were a few glowing lights and a cracked, red visor.

Jetfire spun his head around, his blue optics wild with the new feeling of rush.

“Get out of here and find Twilight! I’ll hold him off!” the Autobot shouted, finding no need to remain quiet.

They would’ve respected his order. Oh, the Elements so wish they could have, but something stopped them. He could see each and every one of their little eyes grow in horror.

“Hey, no one hurts Soundwave and gets away with it!”

Jetfire faced the owner of the voice, only to get the surprise of his life when a Decepticon no larger than an equine leapt towards him with incredible speeds. The surprises only continued when one of the Decepticon’s fists connected to Jetfire’s chest, nearly bringing the Autobot down.

Rumble landed to Jetfire’s far left. He eyed the staggering Autobot and found the perfect spot.

“Get ready to crumble!” the Mini-con screamed, jumping once more and smashing his mallet onto Jetfire’s forehead.

Both Autobot and Mini-con busted through the wall behind them, a scream heard on the other side. A scream only belonging to…

“Twilight!” the mares shouted.

The rest of the ceiling could not support the large hole created from Jetfire’s crushing fall. Large pieces of metal and shrapnel fell from above, though the five ponies were smart enough to already gallop into the next room.

From her position, Rainbow Dash spun her head around and noticed Soundwave getting back up. The ship’s broken interior fell and created a massive wall, trapping Soundwave on the other side. The Pegasus smirked.

“Ten seconds…flat.”


Twilight actually let loose a scream building up inside of her, despite the obvious pain. She only released the scream when the wall fell apart right behind Noctune.

The stallion was knocked forward by a smaller Decepticon, smashing the two of them onto Twilight’s cage. The Alicorn was knocked back from the force of the blow, sending her into the very end of her entrapment.

She grimaced in pain, her eyes barely opening to witness an Autobot standing fully upwards.

An Autobot.

Twilight couldn’t hold onto the smile growing on her face.

What followed made her heart stand still.

“Twilight!”

Rushing into the room right under Jetfire’s legs in no certain order was Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash. All of their eyes turned towards her, all of their eyes grew wider than before. Twilight couldn’t even hold in the tears anymore. She felt no more pain.

“Girls! You came for me!” Twilight screamed, tears flowing from her eyes as she tried to stand. She stopped, hissing in pain with her eyes trailing down to her broken foreleg. Her voice cracked hard, but she didn’t care. All that mattered, all that was truly important was seeing her friends again, hugging them, embracing them, and joining with them once more.

Jetfire took the first few steps. He pointed his rifle at Twilight’s cage.

“Get off me!”

Twilight gasped.

Noctune roughly pushed the injured Rumble off of him. His hoof was jutted outwards with his rifle aimed right at-

“No!” the Alicorn cried.

A single shot was heard.

Time seemed to slow as a single, blue streak soared into Jetfire’s left eye.

Energon splattered all across the wall. Sparks danced off of Jetfire’s eye socket as the Autobot roared in agony. His footing was lost, and Jetfire crumbled to the ground clutching his empty socket. The five mares quickly dodged the titan falling towards them, and they entered the room with shock in their hearts and souls.

It was quickly replaced with hatred. Pure, boiling, uncontrollable hatred.

The leader of the Alliance stood up, his rifle pointed towards the Elements. Each mare bore signs of worry, anger, and cautiousness as they eyed the dark brown stallion. No moves were made. No moves were attempted.

Noctune stood between them and Twilight.

Rainbow Dash took the first steps. She growled, barring her teeth.

He was not stopping them.

“Get the buck out of our way,” Rainbow hissed at him like a serpent ready to strike.

The blood dripped from his nostrils, and yet Noctune still smiled a big, toothy grin. “You want your little princess so badly? Come and get her…I won’t make it easy.”

“You don’t have to, punk!” the Pegasus shouted, taking off with incredible speeds towards the stallion. Rainbow managed to knock his rifle away, but she was unprepared for the hoof aimed directly at her muzzle. The rainbow mare was knocked backwards, blood dripping from her lip.

Rarity shot back for her friend by firing a single beam of pure energy straight towards the stallion. However, to her surprise—as well as the rest of her friends—Noctune dodged to the side. The beam passed right by him, but his fight wasn’t over yet, not by a long shot.

Applejack and Pinkie both rushed the Alliance leader, fully intent on ramming him. When they came into contact, their eyes widened in horror when Noctune countered by tripping them up and delivering a quick jab to their kidneys. Both mares were down, clutching their sides.

Noctune quickly faced Rarity and Fluttershy, the only two still standing. He pointed his rifle to them…

…only to have it yanked downwards and a blue hoof connect to his jaw.

The stallion staggered back a few feet. He looked onwards and noticed the enraged Pegasus still coming for him, her hooves at the ready. He readied himself with his own hooves and charged the mare so dumb enough to actually fight him, but strong enough to give him a challenge.

He was so close. He felt his hoof land neatly against the side of her head, her own hoof getting him in the cheek. Neither of them fell back. They stood their ground and fought hoof to hoof.

Her hooves pressed against his, their noses touching one another. The stalemate was held for but a few seconds. Rainbow Dash glared into his eyes, Noctune into hers.

“You’re nothing to me!” Noctune told her through gritted teeth that were splotched with blood. “You and your friends…your princess…you’re all dead!”

“B-buck you!”

Noctune retaliated with a strong headbutt. Rainbow fell onto her back, her angry eyes staring up into the barrel of Noctune’s rifle. His killer instinct, the killer in his eyes completely took over, and he pulled the trigger.

The wall to the far right exploded, sending hot flames right into the side of Noctune’s face.

Agonizing screams filled the room after Noctune’s shot went off, barely missing Rainbow Dash and merely scraping the ground next to her. The stallion could only hold the side of his face and scream, his one good eye witnessing his rifle melt from the burning flames. The stallion fell back, clutching his face as his screams continued on and on.

All eyes turned towards the wall.

Jetfire looked up, clutching his left eye socket.

Twilight gasped.

An agitated pterodactyl flapped its wings repeatedly. Its body and head remained inside the ship while its wings nearly tore apart anything that got too close. The mares all backed away, surprise and relief flooding through their bodies once they just realized what happened.

Cliffjumper and Bumblebee appeared from behind.

“Get on this crazy thing now!” Bumblebee shouted over Swoop’s constant screeching, pointing towards the fumbling Dinobot. “We’re getting you all to Ponyville so you could perform the Rainbow Power!”

“Heads up!” Cliffjumper added, aiming his repeater at Twilight’s cage. He fired only one shot, one shot that destroyed the lock and opened the cage.

They swarmed her instantly, offering to hold the injured princess so they could get her out of the cage. Twilight was so glad to receive the hoof of one of her closest friends…Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash got back up to her hooves and joined her friends, aiding Twilight the whole way to Swoop’s backside.

Gently, oh so gently, Bumblebee picked up Twilight and placed her onto Swoop. The other five quickly joined, not needing Bumblebee’s or Cliffjumper’s assistance. They formed a huddle around Twilight, caressing her wounds and holding her tightly. She wasn’t going anywhere.

Her friends made sure of it.

“Alright, we’re secure?” Cliffjumper asked, eyeing the crew. They all nodded. He nodded back, facing Swoop’s large head. “Now then…how do I fly you again?”

Swoop answered by lifting off, his body falling from the Nemesis. Jetfire was quick to join them.









Energon coated his body, his swords, and his very spark. Drift gripped his blades as tight as he possibly could, never letting go, never surrendering. He stood amongst an empty tow cable, Energon leaking all across its length and pouring to the streets below.

He had survived.

He had won.

His distraction was complete.

A loud screech caught the Autobot’s attention. Drift turned his head back, quickly noticing Swoop and Jetfire free-falling to the earth below. He gasped and held his breath, but not for long. Swoop quickly caught the air and flapped his wings tremendously. The Autobot could hear several feminine screams erupting from the Dinobot.

There was one he remembered…

One he could never forget…

Drift adjusted his optics to zoom in on Swoop’s crew.

Just as he expected.

They had her.

Drift jumped from the tow cable, falling down and transforming. His helicopter’s engines roared to life, tearing the sky to shreds inside and out. He jetted forward with his optics locked on Swoop, Jetfire, and the mission at hand.

Twilight was the key. She and her friends…they were going to save the world.









Inside the shattered husk of the Nemesis, deep within the prison that once held the Princess of Friendship, a single stallion laid with his back against the wall, his eye staring out into the afternoon sunlight. Another hole in the wall, another hole that allowed his enemies to succeed.

The flames continued to burn, melting away any bit of skin that remained on the right side of the stallion’s face. He didn’t touch it, he didn’t acknowledge it, and he didn’t feel it.

All he could feel was the pestering darkness filling his mind.

Princess Twilight…she escaped…the rest of her friends safe and secure. What was it the yellow Autobot said…?

Ponyville…? Good…they’ll be headed to a massacre.

Noctune smiled, his own blood spilling from his mouth.

His left eye closed.

He let his head hit the floor.

He let the darkness consume him.

He will return.

PreviousChapters Next