• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 6,369 Views, 2,988 Comments

Transformers: The Requiem - JDPrime22



Over a year later after the terrible aftermath of the Decepticon invasion, Princess Twilight discovers something deep within the Everfree Forest, something not of her world.

  • ...
21
 2,988
 6,369

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 80-A Deadly New Foe

Princess Celestia could hardly remember warfare. It had been so long since she was sent to war, to lead her ponies into battle against an enemy headstrong on destroying their very way of life. To Celestia, the thought of warfare had become nothing but a distant memory, a memory hope to have been forgotten.

That was not the case anymore. Celestia screamed as she drove her spear straight through the chest of a Decepticon trooper.

Her enemy struggled against the radiant spear lodged in its chest, and Celestia added even more pressure, ensuring the demise of her foe. Her horn lit up, thus digging the spear deeper into the Decepticon’s chest.

Sparks flew, Energon spilled, and the Decepticon’s grip on Celestia’s spear went limp.

Just for precaution, the solar goddess levitated her spear upwards, using the tip’s sharp end to rip the Decepticon in half.

Celestia could only stare at her fallen foe, his body joining the other hundred laid at her hooves. And yet with every green spark of light, the resistance’s rifle fire, soaring past her ears, the white Alicorn could only stand in the front of her little ponies, awestruck and motionless, defensive and powerful.

They still pushed on. The enemies kept on coming.

Most would be Decepticons, to which she and her sister had no trouble dealing with. However, on occasion, they would encounter a foolish Alliance pony rushing them with a sword raised or a rifle ready. Her little ponies…so angry…so full of hate… They’d want to kill their own mother.

Celestia put them down fast, peacefully, with a magical blast straight to their hearts. The sisters cried while fighting together, though they did not weep openly. All that could be seen were simple tears pouring from their eyes.

Princess Luna fought valiantly, her longsword deflecting the Decepticons’ bullets with great ease. That is until one bullet found its way flying past Luna’s longsword and engraving itself right into the lunar goddess’ left foreleg.

“Gah!” Luna screamed in pain, her front forelegs buckling.

“Sister!” Celestia bellowed just as loud. The princess stood in front of her wounded sister, checking her injuries. A single, red hole remained in Luna’s foreleg, dark crimson liquid pouring from it.

Celestia brought her eyes onto the road ahead, noticing several more Decepticons heading their way. Instinctively, the princess charged up her horn and created a massive golden shield directly in front of her. The enemy firepower bounced off Celestia’s shield, little ripples dancing across the surface with each bullet that made its impact.

“Sister…how do you hold?” Celestia asked, fully turning to the lunar princess lying in the gravel.

With a grit of her teeth and a painful hiss to follow, Princess Luna stood back up, her longsword enveloped in her light blue aura. “We will hold for now,” she muttered, wincing in pain when she applied pressure to her left foreleg. “But…perhaps we can use a bandage or two.”

Celestia nodded, turning to face the road. Her golden shield had begun to break apart, Decepticon and Alliance firepower constantly hitting it. She pushed her spear outwards, her eyes narrowed, and a low snort erupting from her nostrils.

“Retreat back to the fifth line, sister,” Celestia advised. “I’ll hold them off in the meantime.”

“We refuse to leave our own kin to deal with the forces of evil alone!” Luna retorted, limping forward.

“You are in no shape to fight anymore, Luna! Retreat to the fifth line!”

“Never!” Luna shouted. Celestia’s anger fumed and she spun her head around to glare at her younger sister. Luna glared back, yet her angry eyes didn’t hold for long.

“We…we will never abandon you again, Tia.”

Celestia’s gaze grew soft, her anger dying faster than her shield still barely holding. A massive crack broke through the air, catching the attention of the Royal Sisters. They both watched in horror as Celestia shield broke apart. Large, golden pieces of magical debris landed in the streets, only adding to the carnage left in Celestia’s defense.

The two sisters stared at the upcoming wave of Decepticon fighters.

They both brought up their weapons, determined to fight to the end.

They didn’t need to.

An uproarious battle cry broke through the gunfire, catching not only the princesses’ attention but the Decepticons’ as well. All eyes, optics, and visors looked up to the skies to witness a massive being of red and blue leap from the rooftops and land right on top of a Decepticon trooper. A sword was instantly jammed downwards into the Decepticon’s spark, ending him instantly.

“You will not harm my friends!”

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna watched in silence. They watched as Optimus Prime tore apart the Decepticons standing before them.

The Decepticons attempted to fire on the last Prime, yet their motives were lost once the Prime pounced on them, his sword slashing and his shield bashing. Optimus dug down, swiping low and ultimately ripping a Decepticon soldier in half. He followed by taking out the other three with multiple strikes from his sword and shield in a deadly combination that protected and decimated for the Prime.

Optimus Prime smashed his shield straight into the face of the last enemy trooper, knocking it flat on its back. Optimus finished by driving the tip of his sword right in the Decepticon’s visor, ending it quickly.

His blue optics turned to the two sisters, their eyes wide with surprise.

“Princess Celestia,” Optimus began, ripping his sword out of the limp Decepticon’s head, “Princess Luna, there isn’t much time left! We need to get the resistance out of the streets and deeper into the city this very instant!”

Luna grimaced in pain, stepping forward to join her older sister’s side. “The Decepticons crumble at our hooves, our resistance fighters are providing excellent cover fire, and yet you wish for us to retreat. For what reason would we need to fall back?” she asked.

Prime responded almost instantly, his tone agitated and full of worry.

“The Nemesis has regained full power! It is moving in as we speak to prepare an orbital strike right on our lines!”

The sun’s warmth instantly vanished, and in its wake a cold swept through the streets. Darkness filled the battleground, and all eyes turned to witness the source. Optimus Prime spun around fully, sword and shield tightening in his grasp. Princess Celestia and Luna both stared to the darkness, their teeth gritting, their eyes narrowing.

“…Too late,” Optimus whispered.

The Nemesis, the Decepticon flagship, hung over their heads, directly over the resistance lines.

The underbelly opened, revealing a truly terrifying sight.

A similar scene played out in the minds of the Alicorn princesses. Back in Canterlot, during the invasion where the Nemesis hovered right over the train station, there they stood jaw-dropped in horror as the underbelly of the Nemesis lit up bright red. Instead of meeting their doom, they were saved out of the sacrifice of one of the bravest Royal Guard each Alicorn could ever know.

If only Commander Silver Wing was there…fighting by their side…

Celestia’s horn lit up. Luna’s horn lit up. Together, their amplified magical outburst would be ready to create a protective dome around the resistance lines. They didn’t know how long the dome would hold, that is if it would even hold against the fury of the Nemesis’ orbital strike. There was no turning back. There was only one way to find out for sure.

The underbelly lit up bright red…

And then it stopped.

Powerful thunder tore apart the skies, followed by the inevitable lightning strike. Both sisters spun around to witness a single lightning bolt strike the front of the Nemesis, a memorable laugh emanating through the air, a laugh the two sisters knew.

Celestia smiled.


Soundwave struck the two wires together. A powerful spark soared through the wires, filling up Soundwave’s forearms with pure, raw electricity. The Communications Officer brought his red visor upwards, noticing the lights attached to the ceilings and walls coming back to life.

“Successful. Rerouted energy signatures have been applied to all inner wiring damaged from the enemy missile strike. Nemesis defense system at 40% capacity, Energon tanks full, tow cables retracting, engines online in three…two…one…”

A heavy tremor nearly pushed the two remaining Decepticons onto their backs. Shockwave reached forward and gripped the nearest control panel, easing himself as the entire ship slowly moved forward. Shockwave brought his purple optic forward, noticing the static of the nearest computer creating a clear image of the surrounding battlefield.

Soundwave’s robotic voice filled his hearing processors.

“Shockwave, according to our latest distress signals, the Autobots Jetfire, Drift, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, and Swoop were reportedly headed for Ponyville. They will arrive in less than an hour. The holding cell has been breached as well. Scanners indicate that there is no presence of the Alicorn within the Nemesis,” Soundwave explained, tapping the nearest computer console.

Shockwave shook his head, his right fist clenching. “Then it is just as I have expected. Those are the Autobots that have breached the Nemesis while the ship was inactive, and they acquired Princess Twilight in a ‘predictable’ rescue mission. Logically, they are headed to Ponyville in hopes for those wretched equines to enact their Rainbow Power.”

The Decepticon reached forward, tapping the nearest scanner twice. A live video feed from Ponyville sprung up in a small hologram directly in front of the cyclopean scientist, a video no doubt recorded from a Decepticon drone. The hologram showcased multiple Spider Tanks with their barrels pointed towards the skies, constantly scanning back and forth. By their sides, in partnership with the Alliance troopers, numerous Decepticon squads lined the outskirts of the small town.

Shockwave chuckled.

“How foolish they are. Our combined firepower will blast them out of the sky, and with Starscream and his squadron in pursuit…well…they won’t live long enough to find out, will they?” the Decepticon stated with renewed confidence.

The Nemesis came to halt prior to Shockwave’s command. Soundwave began tapping and swaying away the holograms that appeared in his vision. A single screen appeared in the holograms, a screen that displayed the resistance lines from a bird’s-eye view. A dark red symbol emerged next to the screen, pulsating red ripples every few seconds.

“Orbital cannon at full power,” Soundwave announced, his finger hovering over the red symbol.

Shockwave stared at a duplicate of the screen Soundwave was staring into. His purple eye watched the rebel ponies firing green blasts from their rifles forwards, or downwards from their position. All five lines could be seen, all resistance ponies moving to and fro, and even a few aiming their rifles up and attempting to shoot at the Nemesis.

Shockwave nodded. “Fire when ready,” he said.

Soundwave nodded back, turning to his holograms and letting his finger fall on the red symbol.

He stopped.

Roaring thunder could be heard from the outside.

Both Decepticons brought their attention forward. They each took a step back. The front glass shield, the one damaged from the missile strike, gave a clear view of what was heading their way.

A single bolt of lightning fell from the skies, made an awkward turn right for them, and impacted the bridge.

Shockwave and Soundwave flinched and readied themselves for the powerful volts of heaven’s might that struck the Nemesis’ bridge. Strangely enough, the two felt no pain. Looking around, Shockwave noticed pure electricity soaring throughout the bridge, destroying computers and blowing out all the lights. By the time the light show had ended, the only source of light came from the large opening directly in front of the two.

Soundwave faced his console screen. It was pitch black. He lifted up his wrist instead, tapping it twice to bring up a small scale hologram of the Nemesis. Several warning lights flashed on his wrist, indicating something to be wrong.

And something was.

“All power has been…lost,” Soundwave spoke, his voice stuttering for a brief second. “Dark Spark signatures are fading.”

Shockwave turned his attention from the Communications Officer and back to the front of the ship where a loud whistle had emanated from. There, lying in front of the damaged glass shield was the mischievous Master of Chaos himself, Discord.

He waved to Shockwave, winking to Soundwave as well before disappearing in a bright, white flash.

The Decepticon stood silent, almost pondering on the events that had just transpired before him, out of his reach. His silence was broken once Soundwave spoke again.

“The Nemesis appears to be losing altitude. Estimated crash time: 88 seconds and counting.”

Shockwave faced his fellow Decepticon. “What areas of the ship will be damaged when we crash?” he asked urgently.

Soundwave tapped on his wrist a bit more, earning another status report. He said, “Damages to areas will include engines, outer hull, launching pad, inner chambers, laboratories-”

He slammed his fist onto the nearest computer console, shattering the glass with his strength. Soundwave stopped rambling and faced his superior. The Decepticon shook his head slowly back and forth, contemplating the news he was told.

Shockwave spun around and stared into Soundwave’s visor.

“We must not allow the creation to be destroyed!” Shockwave shouted, surprising the other Decepticon. He pushed past Soundwave, facing the twitching door way ahead of him. With his back turned, Shockwave spoke, his voice distant and filled with something Soundwave hadn’t known Shockwave to be capable of…

Worry.

“How much time until the ship crashes?” he asked with his back still turned.

“70 seconds,” Soundwave responded immediately.

He slowly turned his head back, his purple eye flashing red once.

“We need to awaken our master…now!”


The door leading into the laboratories were blasted apart from Shockwave’s cannon. No power, no use in trying to pry open the door with such little time left. The two raced inside, wobbling a bit from the Nemesis continually falling.

In the darkness, with such little light to aid the two Decepticons, they saw it. They saw him.

The experimentation had gone on without any problems whatsoever. Optimus Prime’s T-cog had proven to be an effective replacement and was inserted within the creation first of all. All limbs and extremities were attached, all weapon systems were online, and Dark Energon halted its flow inside of the creation through the hundreds of tubes attached to its back. The loss of power on the Nemesis ended the Dark Energon transfusion, Shockwave suspected.

All that remained…

Shockwave’s optic landed on the lone item resting on the floating tray.

The Crystal Heart protected in its metal shell gave light in the dark laboratory. With rejuvenated speed, Shockwave lunged for the Heart and gripped it in his right palm. Eyeing the item up and down and over and under, Shockwave turned towards his creation, his optic filled with determination.

He took one step…

“Shockwave…”

He stopped.

“The Dark Energon transfusion is not yet complete. There is a strong probability that the creation will not prove to be effective on the battlefield as he once was,” Soundwave advised.

Shockwave gripped the Crystal Heart’s metal shell that he installed, his creation. The metal shell was designed to contain the Crystal Heart’s power and use it as an effective spark would on a Transformer. His design, his creation, his undying allegiance to his true master was soon to be fulfilled.

His home would be saved. His master would be saved.

They needed him alive. Only with Megatron and the Dark Spark could they survive.

“We will need him for one purpose only. He is the only who can handle the Dark Spark’s true power. That is all we need to save Cybertron, nothing more. And if he is not as effective in battle as we would’ve hoped,” Shockwave paused, taking the time to jam the Crystal Heart right into the open chest cavity of his creation.

“…then that is a price I am willing to pay.”

The creation’s chest closed instantly with a newfound power source building up inside. Shockwave and Soundwave backed away as the creation came to life, twitching, squirming, awakening. Lights tore through his body, at once light blue from the Heart’s power and then all bright purple. The creation lifted up its head to stare into the eyes of his creators.

It saw them.

It saw light.

It saw life.

It was free. At last.

The creation’s optics glowed bright red, a low growl erupting from his maw.

“I…am…GALVATROOOON!!!

PreviousChapters Next