• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 6,360 Views, 2,988 Comments

Transformers: The Requiem - JDPrime22



Over a year later after the terrible aftermath of the Decepticon invasion, Princess Twilight discovers something deep within the Everfree Forest, something not of her world.

  • ...
21
 2,988
 6,360

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 51-Bot Down

ACT II

The lone Autobot watched from afar, all hope draining from his spark. Forests and forests could not conceal him, no hatred on this planet could hold him, and no terror could stop him. Until now.

It was a battle unlike the Autobot had ever seen, a fight the Autobot had ever witnessed, and an act of violence that gave the Autobot little hope of standing up. He was kneeling behind a tree, no need of a cloak to hide beneath. With his advanced optics acquired back home, so very far from home, the Autobot had seen everything that had transpired in the small, rural village.

He was there! His mission was complete! He had found Optimus Prime in the village. The only thing stopping the Autobot from running out into the open to finally reveal himself to his leader was the thing chasing the last Prime.

A Decepticon. A beast.

He saw no reason not to intervene to save Optimus, but it turned out that the Autobot leader didn’t even need his help. No, Optimus Prime dealt with the Decepticon flyer the only way a true leader would.

The Autobot never felt more proud to wear the symbol of freedom as he zoomed in on Optimus Prime. He was so glad to be under the command of a loving, caring, and powerful superior figure, and not just a tyrant that didn’t care if his followers were alive or dead, presumably dead so he could find another reason to gain better fighters. It disgusted the Autobot just to imagine that he used to be one of them. A beast.

But that’s when it all fell apart.

The Autobot watched from the forest fauna, ready to reveal himself to his true leader when he stopped. He spotted something else, something that Optimus had seen as well. The Autobot gasped in terror. He’d seen the Decepticon before, from the legends, from the tall-tales of his fellow Decepticons back on Cybertron.

Shockwave, the Decepticon second in command was on this world.

He ducked back to cover behind the tree lines, his blue optics staring off into the distance of the burning village. The lone Autobot gasped once again when three rockets hit Prime within a span of three seconds exactly. He clawed his fingers into the nearest tree, his blue optics shedding signs of absolute horror when Optimus Prime was blown back, his chest on fire.

Shockwave transformed and walked the lonely road ahead, right for the Autobot leader. The silhouetted Transformer felt both of his hands from into fists, a new type of flame burning inside of his chest. He quickly stepped out from the darkness of the forest and into the grasslands. The Autobot reached back and began to unsheathe one of his blades…

Not yet, young warrior.

The Autobot stopped. Shockwave was getting closer to Optimus.

…Sensei…I must act now. This was the mission you have given me, to find Optimus Prime and aid in the Autobot cause for this world. How can I hope to accomplish this goal if you stop me?

The warrior waited for a response, a response from inside. He felt the voice of Alpha Trion merge within him, the strength of one of the original Thirteen was overwhelming, but the Autobot managed.

Shockwave lowered down to one knee right in front of Optimus Prime. The Autobot’s fist tightened so hard that the sword he grabbed began to quiver.

Victory cannot be achieved without sacrifice, young warrior. Optimus Prime will be safe, I’ll make sure of it, but you must remain in hiding until the opportunity presents itself.

The Autobot responded almost instantly, his mind reeling. How can I know for certain when that opportunity appears, sensei?

He watched the event transpire before him, and the Autobot could do nothing. It wasn’t long before the Nemesis appeared overhead, its cloak deactivating to allow a tow cable to fall down and scoop of what still functioned of the last Prime. That same feeling returned to the newborn Autobot, the feeling of guilt tore at his chest.

His master…his leader…gone.

The answer lies ahead, young warrior.

The Autobot brought his head down, a look of surprise quickly forming over his expression of despair. Beneath the shadow of the Nemesis, the Autobot could see, and to his great amazement, a pony yelling at Shockwave. A pony.

Never before had the young warrior seen this on his very short journey traversing this world. Back in the city, all he witnessed was death and destruction, not to mention fear that these ponies had for the Decepticons. They were so quick to assume, so terrified that their eyes would deceive them far too quickly. This was certainly new, a pony not backing down, not feeling threatened from the presence of true evil.

They appeared to be having an argument, which only impressed the warrior more. The Autobot could feel something coming from that purple pony. There she was, standing her ground, protecting her right, and challenging the Decepticon before her. Bravery, leadership, power, that’s what the Autobot felt staring at that purple pony.

“The answer lies ahead…”

He dropped his sword back into its covering, but realized quickly what a mistake that was. Shockwave pointed his cannon right at the pony and fired, launching her and her companion back several yards. The Autobot gasped in shock, reaching back for his blades once again.

“There he is! Get him!”

Turning towards the direction of the sound, the warrior was stunned to see several more of his kind appear out of the smoke and race towards Shockwave. He couldn’t be seen, not yet. His master was still counting on him to make the smart choice. He quickly activated his cloak, disappearing from the smoke and ash of the burning town.

When the Autobot reappeared, he was standing by the forest’s edge once again, the weight of guilt still pushing his shoulders down more and more. He turned his head around to grasp the sight of the Nemesis escaping the village, more ponies and Autobot directly below it.

Several feminine screams erupted from the group, many of them cries. The Autobot’s optics slowly shut, his head facing forward once more.

He couldn’t fight the Decepticons alone. He couldn’t fight to save Optimus Prime by himself. He couldn’t fight his own emotions as one standing bot. He needed help. He needed…a team.

The Autobot turned around, his optics zooming in on the purple pony slowly closing her eyes.

“You need my help, I need your help, and the Autobots need my help. They cannot fight alone against odds so highly stacked against them. Maybe…maybe that is why I have been sent here, to save them in order to save you.”

He really wanted the pony to respond, to make sure he wasn’t just talking to himself. His prayers to Alpha Trion weren’t answered this time, and the other five ponies came to the purple ones side to comfort her. She would be safe…she would be safe. But the future was still dark, so dark that the Autobot couldn’t even see through it. This world needed a savior, and that savior was gone, taken by the Decepticons.

The warrior zoomed in on the purple pony. His optics softened.

“My sensei…I can see clearly now what you have sent me here to do,” the Autobot told himself, his optics still staring longingly at the six ponies. “Optimus Prime is in dire need of help, but there are others, others you have known needed far greater assistance. I see what I must do, sensei. You have led me to this path…and I will gladly take it.”

With that promise given to no one but himself, the Autobot spun around to enter the darkness of the forest, the darkness being his only ally at this point. But before he could go dark, the warrior gave one last look towards the purple pony, his eyes soft. He needed one more prayer; one that he knew would be given to him.

“I pray you accept me as you have Optimus Prime, little pony.”

The warrior of the sword vanished.

PreviousChapters Next