• Published 25th Jul 2014
  • 489 Views, 6 Comments

The Power of a Dream - Mist Shaker



Some say that a dream is only a figment of the imagination that comes alive in your sleep and is nothing to worry about, but what are the chances that they are wrong and that dreams can deliver a message, maybe even save ones life? What would you do?

  • ...
10
 6
 489

The Dream

It was a wonderful day in Ponyville, and Golden Eye; a pegasus mare with a short royal blue and light blue striped mane and tail, wearing a light blue t-shirt, that turned out to be a snug fit but was still modest enough to be worn in public, and denim shorts, had a lot to get done before Blitz, a white unicorn stallion, got home from his business trip.

The house had to be cleaned from last night’s party which only she,Twilight and her friends were there for, The pantry had to be restocked and more quills needed to be got from Quills and Sofas. As she went about the day preparing, fillies and colts were running about excitedly playing with their friends.

She even had much more special news that she wanted to surprise him with, she found out that she was carrying his foal, although it wasn’t physically apparent yet. Only her sisters, Twilight and her friends knew of Gold’s pregnancy.

Once she had finished cleaning the house and finished making preparations, there was a knock at the door, Gold wasn’t certain if it was just Blitz messing around with her after just arriving or if somepony else was there, so she went to the door and opened it to find one of Celestia’s royal guards with an apologetic look on his face before saying. “I’m sorry, but… I’m afraid Blitz isn’t coming home.”

What she had just heard was like a shellshock for her, she broke down into loud sobs as the guard at her door wrapped his arms around her for comfort.

Gold bolted upright, sweating heavily before looking next to her to find Blitz, an all white unicorn stallion with blue eyes still lying there next to her before she let out a sigh of relief. “I’m gonna have to tell somepony about these dreams I’ve been having, they might be telling me something important for Blitz’s protection because it’s been the same dream ever since I had heard about his big business trip.”

“Something wrong, love?” Blitz asked as he turned over to look at Gold with concern.

“N-no… just another bad dream.” Gold lied.

“Come on, Gold. You have got to tell me what it is that’s been troubling you, don’t lie to me, please.” Blitz pleaded as he demanded the truth.

Gold sighed, seeing as she had no choice as she began explaining her dream. Once she had finished, she was weeping silently into Blitz’s shoulder as he held her close.

“Listen, if you don’t want me to go that’s all you had to say, I’ll just have to find a way to explain to my boss that this has been happening and I can’t have you winding up like that.” Blitz said. “But I can’t make any guarantees that he’ll just up and tell me that I can stay home with you, it may take a few days of negotiation to get him to understand.”

“J-just… do whatever… It t-takes to prevent… My dream from happening.” Gold choked. “But please… D-dont leave me… I-I wouldn’t mind having a foal, just… don’t leave me.”

“Hey, listen to me, I promise I will do everything in my power to ensure I stay here with you.” Blitz reassured Gold.

Gold tightened her arms around Blitz, her tears staining his coat.

‘What am I going to do if the boss gives me no choice? What if Gold’s dreams are truly a warning? Who will be there to take care of her if something does happen to me? My brothers aren’t close enough to… That’s it! If we can get them down here to support her while I negotiate with my boss, then maybe we won’t have to worry, I mean she is the daughter of Princess Celestia…’ he then paused at the mental mention of Gold being the daughter of Celestia. ‘If he doesn’t listen to me, then he’ll have to listen to her and she won’t stand for the husband of her daughter being forced to leave her in her time of need.’ Blitz thought to himself. “I need to go, I’ve got something very important to do and it ‘will’ ensure that I stay with you. In the mean time, you can go to Twilight’s, okay?” Blaze asked as he pried Gold off of him, her cheeks stained with tears.

“W-will you come back?” Gold asked shakily.

“Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” Blitz said as he did the motions for a pinkie promise.

Just as he finished, a pink mare appeared out of nowhere. “Forever!” she exclaimed then disappeared.

Surprised by the sudden event, both ponies stared in shock at where the mare once stood. Blitz quickly shook it off. “Go ahead and do what you need to do for support while I go talk to Princess Celestia about a few important things, don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” he assured as he helped Gold to her hooves and pulled her into a loving embrace.

“I was actually going to be meeting Twilight and her friends today to tell them about my dreams as well, we were going to meet at Twilight’s.” Gold replied.

“Then you’re set for the duration of the time that I am away, but trust me, Princess Celestia won’t let any harm come to any of us.” Blitz stated before kissing Gold on the lips. “Love you.” he said as he went out the door.

“Love you too.” Gold replied before going and getting dressed and heading to Twilight’s to meet her aunt and friends. “Please be careful out there, I don’t want to lose you… ever.”

As Gold walked, she spoke to others about simple things, such as the weather and how they were expecting rain that day, yet the skies were still clear. ‘Weather crew must be being lazy, Dash’ll have their hides for that.’ she thought. Her mind was still stuck on her dream though having distracted her until she ran directly into Twilight’s door, bringing her attention back to the real world.

Author's Note:

I hope you guys enjoyed this first chapter, Please if you have any comments do not be hurtful with them. If there are any specifics you would like to address then address them in full detail, as I am working on this fic alone.

Other than all of that, thank you for reading and tell me of your opinion, the random tag is because I had no idea what other tags will apply.

Comments ( 6 )

Is this a sequel? Because if it is, it should say so. If it isn't, there needs to be more explanation on what's going on and less on what the characters are like. Readers can figure out what the characters are like based on what they do, not what you've told us.

It is not a sequel to anything, but in time the description I have given will sense. I have been given the advice of being mysterious with descriptions and intend to be that way, so please do not mistake this for a part of another story, this is entirely my own work.

Dude this story is..... F:flutterrage:CKING AWESOME!!!!

4754011 Thanks bro, it really means a lot to me that I have at least one person that likes my work.

4751944
I feel that your descriptions were fine, perhaps a little lacking, but nothing could really be done to change that without it looking like filler. The story is looking great so far and I look forward to reading more. :twilightsmile:

I know, some significant changes were made, but things as I had planned them were not going, so I decided to change things up.

Login or register to comment