• Published 25th Jul 2014
  • 607 Views, 5 Comments

When Dimensions Collide: Alternate Dimension Twilight - Muzikgyrl



After casting a spell mysteriously called "Meet Another You" Twilight come face to face with a darker version of herself from a dimension that is slightly different than hers. They become intrigued with each other, but in more ways than one

  • ...
2
 5
 607

Plan Execution

Author's Note:

I totally forgot, about this before, but please feel free to comment on this story because it's my first one. :D

Twi woke up bleary eyed sometime in the early morning. Her habits in her dimension required her to be an early riser, as she had planning, and "other" things.

When she saw where she was, all the events from yesterday came flooding back to her. The spell, the book, her plan, the romance she was pretending to be involved in. Everything that had transpired yesterday hit her like a brick.

At least she's asleep, she won't be able to get in the way. Twi looked over to where her doppelgänger was sleeping beside her, and tiptoed over to the library where the remains of the ruined spell book (along countless other books) lay on the floor. Nothing Twilight had done had worked to save it, but what about other spell books? What had Twilight Sparkle overlooked in her massive library?

It's a good thing Twilight was organized, or else it would have taken her forever. After an hour of sifting through shelf after shelf, she came across a book called, Other World Spells for Beginners. Once she had flipped through it, she discovered a spell that would let her open up a portal to her dimension, do what she needed to do, and then seal it back up again. There were modifications she would make to accomplish her task, but that was easy enough for a unicorn as strong as her.

Twi picked up the spell book, checked to see if Twilight was still asleep, and silently left the library. Once she was out of the house, she saw that most of Ponyville was still asleep, so she could accomplish her task without any pony noticing. She cast the spell and a portal, not all that different from the one Twilight had opened up, began to form. Only this time, Twi would be able to walk between the dimensions (a modification she had made to the spell), and put her plan in action.

As Twi stepped through the portal, she arrived in a tent. Hundreds like it were camped out just outside Canterlot's borders, Twi's troops preparing for the final battle. I can't believe Twilight actually thought I wasn't the tiniest bit evil. Doesn't my appearance clue any pony in?

She surveyed her surroundings, this particular tent was empty, but it wouldn't take long for her to spot the pavilion where she and her second in command had been staying. After wandering through the endless maze of tents (and having many a pony greet her and say how glad they were that she was back.), she came upon her pavilion. With a quick nod to the guard outside, she stepped in prepared to explain her entire plan to her second in command.

Her second in command was nothing like that piddly little servant Twilight paraded around getting her books. This particular dragon was at least 3 times his height, and clad in tarnished iron armor.

"Hello, Spike, I trust you have maintained order while I was gone."

Spike turned from the battle plans he was looking at, and his eyes widened in surprise. "Twi where have you been? I had to tell every pony that you had gone on a patrol and would be gone for a few days."

"You'll have to tell them I'll be gone for a bit today too. I have infiltrated another dimension that we can take over. It's much more naive than this one, and the resources are endlessly abundant. I have a plan, but you need to cooperate with me or else it won't work. I can't pull this off by myself.

Spike nodded in understanding, "I understand that you may need troops, but we just breached Canterlots northern entrance and-"

"I don't care!" Twi slammed her hoof on the ground. "If we can conquer this new dimension, the rewards could be even greater than if we conquered this one! Canterlot can wait! If we breached the walls this time, we can breach them again."

Spike sighed, "It didn't really fit in my battle plan, but I guess I can spare you a few-"

"No! We need the entire army to come! It's exactly like this Equestria but they are unaware! If they were anything like our Equestria, it would take more time, but we can catch them unaware and take Ponyville and Canterlot in one massive storm! It's perfect!"

Spike was beginning to see the logic. "But what about this dimension? With all of our forces gone, Celestia will overpower what forces remain. If this doesn't pay off, we will face imprisonment on either side!"

"That's a risk we will have to take. Now will you back me on this?"

"I guess, when do you want the troops to come over with you, now?"

"This time would be ideal, but there are a few loose ends I need to tie up. I will contact you later today, and everypony better be ready when the time comes. I will be opening up a portal between the two dimensions. You will come through with the troops and we can take over Ponyville. Once that's secure, we can march on to Canterlot. Am I clear?"

"Yes ma'am." Spike then resumed looking at battle plans, trying to see how exactly they would conquer Ponyville and Canterlot with their numbers. He supposed he would just have to trust Twi.

"Oh, and one more thing."

"Yes?"

"I'm going to need a pair of hoof cuffs. Where would those be located?"

"In the tent next door. If no pony's in there, just take what you need."

"Thank you."

Once Twi had procured her hoof cuffs. She reopened the portal and walked back into Twilight's dimension. Careful not to make a sound, she opened the library door.

And walked straight into Twilight.

Twilight gave Twi a look of confusion and slight suspicion. Twi couldn't have been up to anything, could she? After all that we did yesterday? What could she have been up to?

Twi flipped her mask back on. She needed this pony to trust her for the time being, or else the plan wouldn't work. "Twilight, um, I just went for a walk! I saw you weren't up yet, so I decided to just stroll around for a while." Not doing anything suspicious at all.

"What are the hoof cuffs for?"

"Oh, these?" Twi picked them up from their perch on her back. " I found these laying on the ground while I was walking. I don't know exactly where the police station is, but I'm planning on returning them later today."

Twilight thought about this for a moment. The alibi seemed plausible enough. Twilight liked to take long walks so was it possible Twi did too? And any pony could have found those hoof cuffs, I'm just overreacting.

But that persistent voice of doubt still didn't believe. What if she found a way to get back to her own dimension? What if she is evil? What could she be hiding from me?

Finally Twilight sighed. "Twi, you should have woken me up if you were going on a walk. I love taking walks!"

Twi breathed a mental sigh of relief "Oh, well maybe tomorrow then?"

"Sure! Would you like to go back to look at more spells? Maybe we could find something to help you get back home."

Twi nodded. She gave Twilight a quick kiss, and trotted over to the stacks of books. She sat down and pretended to look through a book she had supposedly never seen before. After a few minutes of this she lashed out at the unsuspecting Twilight and slapped the hoof cuff on her right foreleg.

The alarm bells that Twilight had been able to silence for the longest time began to go off. How could I be so stupid! Of course she was evil! How could I not see it!

Twi dragged the thrashing Twilight over to where her bed stood. In one smooth motion, she locked the other end of the hoof cuff onto the bedpost.

"How could you do this? I trusted you!" Twilight shrieked.

"You should learn to be careful who you trust." and Twi left the room, Twilight struggling all of the while.

Comments ( 4 )

i'll keep an eye on this one, but i'd suggest doing some research into the more well known stories on this sight, so that you can see where your story can be improved.

4762070

Thanks for your feedback. I will look into some other stories and try and improve when I write the next chapter.

4762093 i'd also suggest getting a proof reader. that way you can get some feed back before you send it out.

I wonder if Nightmare will get involved?:twilightsheepish:

Login or register to comment